Hire Purchase Lease
We are in the process of finalising a HP agreement with a leasing company.
We have already recognised the asset and the invoice has been paid to the supplier.
we will be selling the assets to the leasing company and leasing it back.
What is the accounting treatment for this transaction.
So we have DR Asset CR Bank
As we are raising a sales invoice to the leasing company, we want to be cautious as we do not want this sale of asset to increase our turnover.
So how do we go about this.
Assets will continue to sit on our balance sheet but somehow we need to recognise a Lease Creditor on our Balance Sheet.
Can you please explain the accounting treatment for this.
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 765 7
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,463 31
- Is this fraud? 292 5
- Saying goodbye 413 13
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 819 36
- Tax on private fuel for own car 191 5
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 351 16
- Sportman claiming for training kit 991 11
- Flat rate scheme 169 3
- Drop box Storage 193 3
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 273 13
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,188 413
- Has HMRC got powers to do this? 619 4
- Furnished lettings criteria 128 1
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 415 5
- SAGE TRANSACTIONS DATA 133 2
- Pension Contributions Relief 364 11
- Recovering VAT on property purchase 118 1
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 204 2
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 306 1
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,270
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 453
- National Insurance 352
- Non Resident 266
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 259
- Franchise income and costs 238
- Hands on experience of Digita 196
- Employer's Helpline 144
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 139
- employment capital allowances 136