Hire Purchase Lease
We are in the process of finalising a HP agreement with a leasing company.
We have already recognised the asset and the invoice has been paid to the supplier.
we will be selling the assets to the leasing company and leasing it back.
What is the accounting treatment for this transaction.
So we have DR Asset CR Bank
As we are raising a sales invoice to the leasing company, we want to be cautious as we do not want this sale of asset to increase our turnover.
So how do we go about this.
Assets will continue to sit on our balance sheet but somehow we need to recognise a Lease Creditor on our Balance Sheet.
Can you please explain the accounting treatment for this.
- Accounts submitted to a the charities comission 123 2
- What would you do in this situation? 645 14
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 1,057 31
- Dress code 452 13
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 498 16
- Project being run jointly 202 3
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 308 4
- Companies House 602 9
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 134 1
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 355 11
- Where to start to get any of jobs in Finance and Accounting Industry 732 9
- How much did you pay for your website 1,442 25
- Help Required 414 10
- directors control and tax problems 296 5
- Fastest Software 806 13
- What's in a name ? 388 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 303 4
- Bulk Invoicing 191 6
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 183 3
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 264 2
- CTA study material 713
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 435
- Employment related securities question 274
- AIM Stocks and IHT 252
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax consultancy 2014 237
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 220
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 212
- Expat pension contributions? 200
- Trust for Employee 197
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 172