Hire Purchase Lease
We are in the process of finalising a HP agreement with a leasing company.
We have already recognised the asset and the invoice has been paid to the supplier.
we will be selling the assets to the leasing company and leasing it back.
What is the accounting treatment for this transaction.
So we have DR Asset CR Bank
As we are raising a sales invoice to the leasing company, we want to be cautious as we do not want this sale of asset to increase our turnover.
So how do we go about this.
Assets will continue to sit on our balance sheet but somehow we need to recognise a Lease Creditor on our Balance Sheet.
Can you please explain the accounting treatment for this.
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 354 14
- Long period of account for Corporation Tax 151 7
- P35 and Service Company questions 69 2
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 120 3
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 170 5
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 105 3
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,571 12
- Companies House incorporation service 273 11
- Share Capital 78 2
- Trading income or not? 142 1
- Charge HMRC 365 3
- FRS17 query 224 2
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,751 44
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 2,604 29
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 558 12
- Slipped out of the self assessment radar 280 2
- How to opt out? 406 6
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 97 1
- utr 189 4
- Moneysoft Payroll Manager 327 7
- Xtuple 542
- Qtac payroll for bureau 372
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 314
- Industrial & Provident Societies 308
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 285
- CIS schemes 216
- Domain name sale and limited company 202
- Investment 182
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 178
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 176