Hire Purchase Lease
We are in the process of finalising a HP agreement with a leasing company.
We have already recognised the asset and the invoice has been paid to the supplier.
we will be selling the assets to the leasing company and leasing it back.
What is the accounting treatment for this transaction.
So we have DR Asset CR Bank
As we are raising a sales invoice to the leasing company, we want to be cautious as we do not want this sale of asset to increase our turnover.
So how do we go about this.
Assets will continue to sit on our balance sheet but somehow we need to recognise a Lease Creditor on our Balance Sheet.
Can you please explain the accounting treatment for this.
- Self-employed or Ltd Company or seek employment 253 7
- Goodie bag 1,722 55
- Do sole traders qualify for tax relief at source on pension contributions? 201 2
- Can interest received be netted against interest paid in this scenario? 198 4
- CIS monthly returns 242 5
- Apostille documents 165 3
- Fair Value Accounting 123 2
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,491 88
- Husband Wife let property 387 11
- Pass-through costs - show gross or net under UK GAAP / IFRS? 112 2
- Retrospectively change VAT scheme? 213 4
- Games Tax Relief 60 1
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 530 13
- can I approach clients ? 510 9
- Film Actors - Averaging? 364 9
- Paying Harvest casuals and casual beaters 234 3
- FreeAgent question 151 2
- Output tax for retailer 328 8
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 311 3
- 13-14 Payroll return needs to be filed 153 2
- Possible Partnership? 650
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 525
- New Fangled Penalties 453
- Fuming! 398
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 321
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 262
- Outsource Data Entry 245
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 239
- Moving away from CCH software 234
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 179