Hire Purchase Lease
We are in the process of finalising a HP agreement with a leasing company.
We have already recognised the asset and the invoice has been paid to the supplier.
we will be selling the assets to the leasing company and leasing it back.
What is the accounting treatment for this transaction.
So we have DR Asset CR Bank
As we are raising a sales invoice to the leasing company, we want to be cautious as we do not want this sale of asset to increase our turnover.
So how do we go about this.
Assets will continue to sit on our balance sheet but somehow we need to recognise a Lease Creditor on our Balance Sheet.
Can you please explain the accounting treatment for this.
- Scanners 131 3
- Payment plans for clients 35 2
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 204 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 187 7
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 64 1
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 376 2
- Should I move back home away from my office? 422 9
- P60 or payslips? 51 1
- Property income in different capacities 81 1
- IHT dilemma 1,367 21
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 175 1
- IT advisory questions? 155 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief 788 44
- Has anyone else come across VAT account suspensions? 113 1
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 510 7
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 457 8
- Sage payroll alternatives 625 12
- More AE! 647 14
- Moneysoft and People's Pension 134 4
- PAYE 1,641 17
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,152
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 794
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 482
- Digita Hosted Software 316
- Credit where credit's due....... 265
- Director phone costs 225
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 224
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 183
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 147
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 132