Hire Purchase Lease
We are in the process of finalising a HP agreement with a leasing company.
We have already recognised the asset and the invoice has been paid to the supplier.
we will be selling the assets to the leasing company and leasing it back.
What is the accounting treatment for this transaction.
So we have DR Asset CR Bank
As we are raising a sales invoice to the leasing company, we want to be cautious as we do not want this sale of asset to increase our turnover.
So how do we go about this.
Assets will continue to sit on our balance sheet but somehow we need to recognise a Lease Creditor on our Balance Sheet.
Can you please explain the accounting treatment for this.
- Limited company buying a car 150 4
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 274 15
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 458 10
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 555 6
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 183 7
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 286 4
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 116 2
- ACCA practice certificates 495 5
- Limited company buying director's car 292 10
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 81 1
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 107 1
- WC's and capital allowances 173 3
- Entrepeneurs relief 310 13
- Dress code 1,546 36
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 480 13
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 259 6
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 379 4
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 473 23
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 192 4
- Loan Repayment on Invoice 112 3
- CTA study material 769
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 481
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 397
- Employment related securities question 308
- AIM Stocks and IHT 280
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 257
- Expat pension contributions? 257
- Trust for Employee 237
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 183
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 147