Hire Purchase Lease
We are in the process of finalising a HP agreement with a leasing company.
We have already recognised the asset and the invoice has been paid to the supplier.
we will be selling the assets to the leasing company and leasing it back.
What is the accounting treatment for this transaction.
So we have DR Asset CR Bank
As we are raising a sales invoice to the leasing company, we want to be cautious as we do not want this sale of asset to increase our turnover.
So how do we go about this.
Assets will continue to sit on our balance sheet but somehow we need to recognise a Lease Creditor on our Balance Sheet.
Can you please explain the accounting treatment for this.
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 267 10
- Love is in the air 579 7
- Personal Pension Relief in the Tax Code 179 2
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,052 47
- CGT on lost shares/scam 374 4
- Setting up a practice 420 5
- Very large share capital by mistake 529 7
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 488 4
- 24 month rule and expenses 313 1
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 660 17
- Stamp Duty 298 4
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 239 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,816 21
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 619 5
- Incorporation of gp practise 302 1
- Client Paperwork Retention? 583 13
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 589 7
- Tax Overlap Reporting 409 4
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 403 9
- Reimbursing director travel costs 462 6
- DTA tie-breaker issue 304
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 294
- CGT for NOn UK residents 281
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 278
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 256
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 241
- Apprenticeship Levy 240
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 225
- Discretionary payment to sick employee 223
- Capital Gains personal representatives 221