Hire Purchase Lease
We are in the process of finalising a HP agreement with a leasing company.
We have already recognised the asset and the invoice has been paid to the supplier.
we will be selling the assets to the leasing company and leasing it back.
What is the accounting treatment for this transaction.
So we have DR Asset CR Bank
As we are raising a sales invoice to the leasing company, we want to be cautious as we do not want this sale of asset to increase our turnover.
So how do we go about this.
Assets will continue to sit on our balance sheet but somehow we need to recognise a Lease Creditor on our Balance Sheet.
Can you please explain the accounting treatment for this.
- VAT registration on digital services supplied outside UK within EU 41 2
- Payroll cessation and missing overtime 135 2
- Company assets 337 15
- Self assessment 134 1
- Self Help Accountancy Book for Client 118 2
- Claiming VAT 98 2
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 1,096 15
- VAT on Acquisitions and Exempt Supplier 168 4
- MoneySoft 117 1
- Corporation tax on gains from one company to another 266 10
- HMRC website & Adobe Reader 265 5
- Basis period (2nd yr) for a partnership, please any suggestions would be really helpful 149 1
- Auto-enrolment - fact or fiction? 497 9
- Director resignation 736 21
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 1,795 30
- Additional information attached to accounts 155 1
- CIS Only Scheme 105 1
- No payroll scheme in place 343 1
- Xero Training 392 3
- SA Penalty 235 1
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 503
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 476
- Is there anything wrong with this? 278
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 264
- Uncommercial property business 241
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 203
- Registering online CWF1 183
- Accrued income scheme 178
- VAT - registration needed? 174
- Zoho software in small accounting and bookkeeping practice 174