Hire Purchase Lease
We are in the process of finalising a HP agreement with a leasing company.
We have already recognised the asset and the invoice has been paid to the supplier.
we will be selling the assets to the leasing company and leasing it back.
What is the accounting treatment for this transaction.
So we have DR Asset CR Bank
As we are raising a sales invoice to the leasing company, we want to be cautious as we do not want this sale of asset to increase our turnover.
So how do we go about this.
Assets will continue to sit on our balance sheet but somehow we need to recognise a Lease Creditor on our Balance Sheet.
Can you please explain the accounting treatment for this.
- Boffin of the Year 186 8
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 450 10
- HMRC Accounts Office - waiting an hour! 31 1
- Very Difficult to type on Aweb again 36 2
- Giving a seminar 642 35
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 896 15
- What leverage do I have with accountants if any? 338 3
- Sole trader - bank statements 320 14
- Altered PAYE cheque 437 9
- PAYE versus Dividends 120 1
- equipment rental 70 1
- Flat Rate Scheme 380 16
- Non sequitur 171 1
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 3,194 63
- Distance between Postcodes in Excel 575 11
- Employer pension contribution as part of redundancy package 129 3
- Incorrect Generic non-filing notice 265 9
- Am i Liable? 805 19
- Joint Filing Help 167 3
- Missed Student Loan Contributions 245 8
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,281
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 631
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 417
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 326
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 244
- Alphabet shares 215
- Agent fees to sell business 206
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 201
- Office recharges 161
- Tax position on lease extension 156