Hire Purchase Lease
We are in the process of finalising a HP agreement with a leasing company.
We have already recognised the asset and the invoice has been paid to the supplier.
we will be selling the assets to the leasing company and leasing it back.
What is the accounting treatment for this transaction.
So we have DR Asset CR Bank
As we are raising a sales invoice to the leasing company, we want to be cautious as we do not want this sale of asset to increase our turnover.
So how do we go about this.
Assets will continue to sit on our balance sheet but somehow we need to recognise a Lease Creditor on our Balance Sheet.
Can you please explain the accounting treatment for this.
- Family Partnership 324 10
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,251 24
- Moving to BTC from Sage Accounts Production 67 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 188 3
- Multiple for fee bank purchase 220 5
- Business lending another business money (UK) 327 9
- Manufacturer cashback on fixed asset purchase 101 1
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 318 7
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 208 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 205 6
- Business trips - director and family 431 3
- Signed accounts for bank 678 15
- flat rate scheme 2,394 50
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 337 5
- Can I prepare dormant accounts? 219 2
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 118 2
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 879 12
- Deferring dividends on paper 222 5
- VAT Query on new build 137 1
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 135 1