Firstly, apologies for the groundhog day question and thank you to all who take the time to respond!
I am getting endless requests to do bookkeeping and payroll administration. Most of which has some lovely accounts preparation work tagged on so I'm reluctant to turn down, but I'm even more reluctant to do this work myself as I can earn significantly more doing the "fun stuff". I've been in this position before and I have hired a subcontractor (she was fairly hopeless) and then I hired a part time member of staff (she was a friend with no experience and it just didn't work out again).
Would I be better off turning these jobs down and accepting I'm no good at hiring and managing staff and save myself a whole heap of time, stress and money.
Or should I give it another bash, perhaps taking on a college student on a part time basis or a part time experienced bookkeeper?
I don't have aspirations of global domination, but I am a working parent with two young (albeit school age) children and so am always time pressured. Plus it would be great to have someone to make the coffee/do the filing/do the very basic data entry stuff.
Many thanks in advance
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 343 18
- Cocaine anyone? 760 13
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 336 7
- Benefit in Kind 388 9
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,437 43
- How much does the company pay 245 5
- Lack of VAT Receipt 215 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 962 14
- Am I getting Soft?? 441 11
- Personal pension 488 11
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 640 22
- FAO BTC tech geek type people 162 2
- Help with CGT please 165 3
- BA Cabin Crew Employment Expenses 1,503 5
- Will I need to resign? 984 11
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 282 4
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 224 4
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 236 3
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 189 2
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 772 13
- Hive up 527
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 485
- corporate hierarchy 460
- Advice - 306
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 253
- WWOOFers 249
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 226
- The booking.com con 207
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 205
- Cocaine anyone? 187