Firstly, apologies for the groundhog day question and thank you to all who take the time to respond!
I am getting endless requests to do bookkeeping and payroll administration. Most of which has some lovely accounts preparation work tagged on so I'm reluctant to turn down, but I'm even more reluctant to do this work myself as I can earn significantly more doing the "fun stuff". I've been in this position before and I have hired a subcontractor (she was fairly hopeless) and then I hired a part time member of staff (she was a friend with no experience and it just didn't work out again).
Would I be better off turning these jobs down and accepting I'm no good at hiring and managing staff and save myself a whole heap of time, stress and money.
Or should I give it another bash, perhaps taking on a college student on a part time basis or a part time experienced bookkeeper?
I don't have aspirations of global domination, but I am a working parent with two young (albeit school age) children and so am always time pressured. Plus it would be great to have someone to make the coffee/do the filing/do the very basic data entry stuff.
Many thanks in advance
- Why are so many UK accountants reticent to make use of Indian outsourcing providers? 3,436 78
- Business only use of company car 774 29
- Assets at strike off 48 2
- Treatment of private ambulances on introduction to business 180 5
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 1,118 34
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 388 5
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,200 30
- New Company reviews please 655 16
- Voluntary Disclosure 428 8
- Gift to son by parents 208 1
- valuation of vehicles 498 19
- How to revise RTI for Moneysoft 301 4
- Director Salaries - Sole Director Limited Company who is also employed elsewhere 225 1
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 439 3
- Mortgage Interest - Tax Deductible 472 4
- BTC is slow 320 3
- Director registration for SA question 554 17
- Issues with freelancer taking zero salary from limited company 495 6
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 523 22
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 535 14
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 329
- Any thoughts on Capium? 271
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 265
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 251
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 231
- auto enrolment 209
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 189
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 179
- How to account for investment in JV? 170
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 160