Firstly, apologies for the groundhog day question and thank you to all who take the time to respond!
I am getting endless requests to do bookkeeping and payroll administration. Most of which has some lovely accounts preparation work tagged on so I'm reluctant to turn down, but I'm even more reluctant to do this work myself as I can earn significantly more doing the "fun stuff". I've been in this position before and I have hired a subcontractor (she was fairly hopeless) and then I hired a part time member of staff (she was a friend with no experience and it just didn't work out again).
Would I be better off turning these jobs down and accepting I'm no good at hiring and managing staff and save myself a whole heap of time, stress and money.
Or should I give it another bash, perhaps taking on a college student on a part time basis or a part time experienced bookkeeper?
I don't have aspirations of global domination, but I am a working parent with two young (albeit school age) children and so am always time pressured. Plus it would be great to have someone to make the coffee/do the filing/do the very basic data entry stuff.
Many thanks in advance
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 1,003 56
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 232 2
- Dental practice incorpration 104 1
- Audit rules 149 4
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 221 5
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 807 20
- Go Cardless 256 8
- business entertaining deductibility 118 1
- Self assessment tax arrears 127 2
- R & D 101 3
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 70 1
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 107 2
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 151 3
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 144 1
- New Business Registration 212 5
- Hosted email exchange 129 4
- Excel formula for UK corporation tax including losses 145 1
- G P life time allowance 113 3
- Why will HMRC not code out my client's £1,730 underpayment for 12/13 372 11
- Bringing money to Uk 216 3
- Xtuple 501
- Qtac payroll for bureau 335
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 280
- Industrial & Provident Societies 276
- Mehjoo 220
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 218
- New strategic report 170
- Domain name sale and limited company 157
- South African Government Pension 154
- CIS schemes 149