Firstly, apologies for the groundhog day question and thank you to all who take the time to respond!
I am getting endless requests to do bookkeeping and payroll administration. Most of which has some lovely accounts preparation work tagged on so I'm reluctant to turn down, but I'm even more reluctant to do this work myself as I can earn significantly more doing the "fun stuff". I've been in this position before and I have hired a subcontractor (she was fairly hopeless) and then I hired a part time member of staff (she was a friend with no experience and it just didn't work out again).
Would I be better off turning these jobs down and accepting I'm no good at hiring and managing staff and save myself a whole heap of time, stress and money.
Or should I give it another bash, perhaps taking on a college student on a part time basis or a part time experienced bookkeeper?
I don't have aspirations of global domination, but I am a working parent with two young (albeit school age) children and so am always time pressured. Plus it would be great to have someone to make the coffee/do the filing/do the very basic data entry stuff.
Many thanks in advance
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 113 3
- reporting salary? 209 5
- Wrong career 233 9
- Other forums 150 3
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 344 17
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 128 1
- VT accounts licence key 96 3
- Underpaid National Insurance 116 2
- Career Advice 147 3
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 105 2
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,904 29
- Would this save hours of your time? 240 5
- Payroo Employer allowance query 85 1
- non resident receiving UK dividends 171 2
- Adjusting over-provision of Corporation Tax in previous year 216 6
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 104 3
- Agent with HMRC 280 11
- Quarterly PAYE 279 8
- bookkeeping for interest & dividends 192 3
- Auto Enrolment & Moneysoft 575 4
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 776
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 530
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 395
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 281
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 225
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 219
- Director Loan account operation 217
- Free Tax Legislation? 211
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 209
- vat return 180