Firstly, apologies for the groundhog day question and thank you to all who take the time to respond!
I am getting endless requests to do bookkeeping and payroll administration. Most of which has some lovely accounts preparation work tagged on so I'm reluctant to turn down, but I'm even more reluctant to do this work myself as I can earn significantly more doing the "fun stuff". I've been in this position before and I have hired a subcontractor (she was fairly hopeless) and then I hired a part time member of staff (she was a friend with no experience and it just didn't work out again).
Would I be better off turning these jobs down and accepting I'm no good at hiring and managing staff and save myself a whole heap of time, stress and money.
Or should I give it another bash, perhaps taking on a college student on a part time basis or a part time experienced bookkeeper?
I don't have aspirations of global domination, but I am a working parent with two young (albeit school age) children and so am always time pressured. Plus it would be great to have someone to make the coffee/do the filing/do the very basic data entry stuff.
Many thanks in advance
- Have i messed up? 720 11
- VAT on garage rent 84 8
- Are HMRC getting it right? 412 8
- 10 year debentures and CT 45 1
- Is there a legal obligation for the Inspector to hand over minutes of a meeting 62 2
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 228 8
- Tasks for new trainees 111 3
- Obvious Question but if NOT registered for VAT EU refunds as under minimum amounts, what does an expense get recorded as for UK VAT return? 58 1
- COMPANY DIRECTOR 40 1
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 545 15
- Offshore insurance bonds 96 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,630 46
- Property scam victim 295 4
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 214 5
- Tax Returns, 2011-2012 243 6
- Aggressive HMRC 1,801 19
- Is there is a tax neutral way of splitting a company? 164 6
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 133 2
- Partnership returns software 87 1
- Personal consumption by landlord 271 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,083
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 571
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 381
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 285
- Charge out rates in London? 239
- Interest on Loan to a Company 184
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 172
- Agent fees to sell business 161
- Alphabet shares 159
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 153