Firstly, apologies for the groundhog day question and thank you to all who take the time to respond!
I am getting endless requests to do bookkeeping and payroll administration. Most of which has some lovely accounts preparation work tagged on so I'm reluctant to turn down, but I'm even more reluctant to do this work myself as I can earn significantly more doing the "fun stuff". I've been in this position before and I have hired a subcontractor (she was fairly hopeless) and then I hired a part time member of staff (she was a friend with no experience and it just didn't work out again).
Would I be better off turning these jobs down and accepting I'm no good at hiring and managing staff and save myself a whole heap of time, stress and money.
Or should I give it another bash, perhaps taking on a college student on a part time basis or a part time experienced bookkeeper?
I don't have aspirations of global domination, but I am a working parent with two young (albeit school age) children and so am always time pressured. Plus it would be great to have someone to make the coffee/do the filing/do the very basic data entry stuff.
Many thanks in advance
- I have missing sales invoices 334 5
- Dissolving company to avoid CCJ 181 1
- is my company accounts right? 639 16
- Invoice Help 345 10
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 214 8
- Class 2 National Insurance contributions 335 5
- What are options for non CA firm 2,388 51
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 347 5
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 936 19
- Errors in prior year accounts 1,041 26
- Directors Subsistence 180 1
- (CIMA) - Qualified to Management Level (2006) 238 4
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 416 16
- Purchase of freehold by flat management company 263 3
- Final year's accounts 333 3
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,911 27
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,484 20
- Free Shares ? 329 6
- Dividend dates 333 6
- Sxx rather than sxx 302 3
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 552
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 318
- Cancelled 314
- Cancelled 264
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 223
- Married woman dies owning marital home 216
- Probiz 205
- What's the market like for temps? 200
- CIS Deductions 162
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 158