Firstly, apologies for the groundhog day question and thank you to all who take the time to respond!
I am getting endless requests to do bookkeeping and payroll administration. Most of which has some lovely accounts preparation work tagged on so I'm reluctant to turn down, but I'm even more reluctant to do this work myself as I can earn significantly more doing the "fun stuff". I've been in this position before and I have hired a subcontractor (she was fairly hopeless) and then I hired a part time member of staff (she was a friend with no experience and it just didn't work out again).
Would I be better off turning these jobs down and accepting I'm no good at hiring and managing staff and save myself a whole heap of time, stress and money.
Or should I give it another bash, perhaps taking on a college student on a part time basis or a part time experienced bookkeeper?
I don't have aspirations of global domination, but I am a working parent with two young (albeit school age) children and so am always time pressured. Plus it would be great to have someone to make the coffee/do the filing/do the very basic data entry stuff.
Many thanks in advance
- Partnership Tax Return Deadline 13 1
- Can I claim mileage? 94 1
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 174 9
- client threatening legal action 1,807 28
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 690 8
- Partially exempt? 241 9
- Reclaiming EU VAT on fuel and expenses 93 1
- First VAT Visit for client 240 4
- Dividend in specie 233 7
- Lorry Drivers 143 2
- Redundancy payment added to p45 125 1
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 109 1
- Mexican student in UK 121 2
- PI insurance for Auto Enrolment 201 3
- Accounting Practice acting as an employment agency 305 12
- payroll software 144 1
- No Tax Returns submitted for last 16 years 1,057 25
- Complicated Company car purchase 121 1
- Pricing 336 10
- Late VAT registration penalty 257 5
- Skandia using wrong address 490
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 279
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 274
- Employee rewards 258
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 227
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 218
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 218
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 215
- Etax Australian 172
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 161