Firstly, apologies for the groundhog day question and thank you to all who take the time to respond!
I am getting endless requests to do bookkeeping and payroll administration. Most of which has some lovely accounts preparation work tagged on so I'm reluctant to turn down, but I'm even more reluctant to do this work myself as I can earn significantly more doing the "fun stuff". I've been in this position before and I have hired a subcontractor (she was fairly hopeless) and then I hired a part time member of staff (she was a friend with no experience and it just didn't work out again).
Would I be better off turning these jobs down and accepting I'm no good at hiring and managing staff and save myself a whole heap of time, stress and money.
Or should I give it another bash, perhaps taking on a college student on a part time basis or a part time experienced bookkeeper?
I don't have aspirations of global domination, but I am a working parent with two young (albeit school age) children and so am always time pressured. Plus it would be great to have someone to make the coffee/do the filing/do the very basic data entry stuff.
Many thanks in advance
- Buying a company for £20,000 from owner how it works? 621 9
- Property gift to sister 207 6
- Who gets the CGT deduction 257 3
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 2,565 27
- VAT training 333 4
- Mixing up NI numbers under RTI 276 7
- 31st october deadline 384 6
- RTI Late Registration query 147 1
- Treatment of one-off payments to non-employees 261 2
- Payroll software 183 1
- Accounting for display stands 274 7
- Companies House Search 317 3
- Letter saying client is IR35 compliant 325 3
- Is it any of my business ? 1,533 15
- VAT Flat Rate Scheme 329 3
- A Friday Funny. 370 5
- Something for the weekend? 346 5
- Moneysoft Payroll 575 12
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 1,261 19
- Coming out of flat rate 177 1
- NHS finance professionals 711
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 429
- Foreign Pension Contribution 403
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 388
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 384
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 338
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 302
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 283
- IFA income recognition & reporting 224
- Incorporating doctors 223