Firstly, apologies for the groundhog day question and thank you to all who take the time to respond!
I am getting endless requests to do bookkeeping and payroll administration. Most of which has some lovely accounts preparation work tagged on so I'm reluctant to turn down, but I'm even more reluctant to do this work myself as I can earn significantly more doing the "fun stuff". I've been in this position before and I have hired a subcontractor (she was fairly hopeless) and then I hired a part time member of staff (she was a friend with no experience and it just didn't work out again).
Would I be better off turning these jobs down and accepting I'm no good at hiring and managing staff and save myself a whole heap of time, stress and money.
Or should I give it another bash, perhaps taking on a college student on a part time basis or a part time experienced bookkeeper?
I don't have aspirations of global domination, but I am a working parent with two young (albeit school age) children and so am always time pressured. Plus it would be great to have someone to make the coffee/do the filing/do the very basic data entry stuff.
Many thanks in advance
- Outsourcing Payroll 63 1
- sage 94 3
- Separate Pay runs for salary and commission 150 4
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 1,045 13
- ATT Exam tips and study help 201 4
- NO SUCH THING AS UNQUALIED ACCOUNTANT 107 1
- FBI2 197 3
- Double entry 157 4
- Companies House 133 3
- Small house in garden 140 1
- THE PUBLIC SECTOR SUCKS 129 2
- Clients 917 18
- can a dormant company make an employer pension contribution? 285 12
- Manually amending PAYE Code Number in HMRC Basic PAYE Tools 140 5
- Accountants not providing all required information 270 4
- Director's personal expenses paid by the Company 309 5
- Sage 50 - How do I find the column headings when I export to CSV 128 5
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 517 11
- Bureau payroll software and Auto Enrolment - which is the best? 169 3
- SAGE winforecast 250 1
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 537
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 466
- EPS and CIS deductions 327
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 310
- Construction CIS LLP Company 299
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 295
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 262
- Overdrawn director account 217
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 204
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 199