Firstly, apologies for the groundhog day question and thank you to all who take the time to respond!
I am getting endless requests to do bookkeeping and payroll administration. Most of which has some lovely accounts preparation work tagged on so I'm reluctant to turn down, but I'm even more reluctant to do this work myself as I can earn significantly more doing the "fun stuff". I've been in this position before and I have hired a subcontractor (she was fairly hopeless) and then I hired a part time member of staff (she was a friend with no experience and it just didn't work out again).
Would I be better off turning these jobs down and accepting I'm no good at hiring and managing staff and save myself a whole heap of time, stress and money.
Or should I give it another bash, perhaps taking on a college student on a part time basis or a part time experienced bookkeeper?
I don't have aspirations of global domination, but I am a working parent with two young (albeit school age) children and so am always time pressured. Plus it would be great to have someone to make the coffee/do the filing/do the very basic data entry stuff.
Many thanks in advance
- Anybody still doing returns? 802 34
- Trading Losses - 3 Year Carry Back 35 1
- Clothing 571 18
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 280 12
- Digita in the cloud 28 1
- Change to PAYE TAX CODE 216 7
- IHT and US resident 121 2
- Tax relief when working away 43 1
- Parent and subsidiary... 148 5
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 201 8
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,237 17
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 362 16
- Designated sole Residence 168 2
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 742 15
- Anyone know what this is? 310 6
- HMRC filing meltdown? 931 27
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 559 7
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 284 9
- no utr 315 8
- client can't/won't pay 2,145 49
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 956
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 678
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 625
- Latest phishing scam 604
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 440
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 328
- Scratch Head 266
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 258
- Sabbatical payments 219
- Negligible Value Claim 199