Firstly, apologies for the groundhog day question and thank you to all who take the time to respond!
I am getting endless requests to do bookkeeping and payroll administration. Most of which has some lovely accounts preparation work tagged on so I'm reluctant to turn down, but I'm even more reluctant to do this work myself as I can earn significantly more doing the "fun stuff". I've been in this position before and I have hired a subcontractor (she was fairly hopeless) and then I hired a part time member of staff (she was a friend with no experience and it just didn't work out again).
Would I be better off turning these jobs down and accepting I'm no good at hiring and managing staff and save myself a whole heap of time, stress and money.
Or should I give it another bash, perhaps taking on a college student on a part time basis or a part time experienced bookkeeper?
I don't have aspirations of global domination, but I am a working parent with two young (albeit school age) children and so am always time pressured. Plus it would be great to have someone to make the coffee/do the filing/do the very basic data entry stuff.
Many thanks in advance
- HMRC Summons for £14k 35 1
- New Agency rules - who's responsible? 67 2
- Regular Director bonus 218 4
- Signed accounts for a lender 308 16
- Corporation Tax Software 257 7
- Clients have been told I'm working from home 377 9
- FreeAgent question 295 8
- Mortgage interest 56 1
- How many associated companies 76 1
- Goodie bag 2,511 68
- Practising options 470 6
- Self-employed or Ltd Company or seek employment 419 10
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 598 5
- Software recommendations? 381 5
- can I approach clients ? 714 10
- Latest scam e-mails 154 1
- BrightPay 958 27
- Budget 2015 predictions 614 14
- Have the new quarterly employer returns been finalised and where do you get them? 206 1
- accounting in estate agents 117 1
- Possible Partnership? 676
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 528
- New Fangled Penalties 461
- Fuming! 450
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 328
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 266
- Moving away from CCH software 248
- Outsource Data Entry 247
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 243
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 192