Firstly, apologies for the groundhog day question and thank you to all who take the time to respond!
I am getting endless requests to do bookkeeping and payroll administration. Most of which has some lovely accounts preparation work tagged on so I'm reluctant to turn down, but I'm even more reluctant to do this work myself as I can earn significantly more doing the "fun stuff". I've been in this position before and I have hired a subcontractor (she was fairly hopeless) and then I hired a part time member of staff (she was a friend with no experience and it just didn't work out again).
Would I be better off turning these jobs down and accepting I'm no good at hiring and managing staff and save myself a whole heap of time, stress and money.
Or should I give it another bash, perhaps taking on a college student on a part time basis or a part time experienced bookkeeper?
I don't have aspirations of global domination, but I am a working parent with two young (albeit school age) children and so am always time pressured. Plus it would be great to have someone to make the coffee/do the filing/do the very basic data entry stuff.
Many thanks in advance
- RTI error - two of the same employer - what to do 47 2
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 1,489 33
- VAT Registration 199 12
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 462 12
- Auto enrolment 633 7
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 231 1
- BTL property with a plot of land at the back 186 2
- Vat on second hand goods 80 1
- Joint rental income 207 2
- I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes 418 5
- Mortgage Interest and rental income 143 3
- Using a Business broker to sell a clients Company.....??? 236 9
- Sale of business 418 1
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 435 1
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 227 2
- Easy way to not pay tax 468 15
- Tax Credit Overpayment 141 6
- Who can wind up a Promissory Trust? 153 3
- VAT on Microsoft Office Accounting Professional 2009 233 4
- Builder using cash labour 238 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,500
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 832
- International interest certificate 449
- NOVA 306
- Bonus Bonds 187
- Management expenses for investment company 180
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 179
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 176
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 164
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 159