Firstly, apologies for the groundhog day question and thank you to all who take the time to respond!
I am getting endless requests to do bookkeeping and payroll administration. Most of which has some lovely accounts preparation work tagged on so I'm reluctant to turn down, but I'm even more reluctant to do this work myself as I can earn significantly more doing the "fun stuff". I've been in this position before and I have hired a subcontractor (she was fairly hopeless) and then I hired a part time member of staff (she was a friend with no experience and it just didn't work out again).
Would I be better off turning these jobs down and accepting I'm no good at hiring and managing staff and save myself a whole heap of time, stress and money.
Or should I give it another bash, perhaps taking on a college student on a part time basis or a part time experienced bookkeeper?
I don't have aspirations of global domination, but I am a working parent with two young (albeit school age) children and so am always time pressured. Plus it would be great to have someone to make the coffee/do the filing/do the very basic data entry stuff.
Many thanks in advance
- Any Scottish members out there? 6,594 243
- Family loan 141 4
- Repairs after a rental business ends 60 2
- 50% Shareholder & Director stealing money from the business 259 8
- Private Residence Election for CGT purposes 218 4
- Looking for subcontract work! 163 5
- Disclosure of pending convertible loan notes? 182 9
- What's your best practice shortcut or 'hack'? 1,605 39
- Consolidation of new group 52 2
- Anti Money Laundering Checks 219 3
- Recycle old study books 438 11
- Being Tax relevant 417 5
- FIFA game and making money 262 6
- Client has never prepared tax returns 362 2
- Kind of shares to take in an LTD 148 2
- Tax investigation pending 1,434 8
- Trademark Fun 277 7
- CIS paid on behalf of a limited company 107 2
- Distribution on cessation of trade 233 4
- Changing font size in VT Transaction+ 233 6
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,070
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 347
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 293
- National Insurance 249
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 227
- Joint construction arrangement CIS and VAT 226
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 212
- Payments on account coded out?? 209
- Non Resident 170
- Franchise income and costs 158