Historical property rental income - how far to go back?
A new client has had rental income from 2005/06 to date but has never declared any of it to HMRC. Also has unclaimed mileage allowances from 2006/07 to date. What is the first years tax return that needs completing now? If it is pre 2008/09 can the mileage claims still be offset against the tax on the rental income?
Any assistance would be welcome, thanks in advance.
- Giving shares away 71 2
- IR 35 Company - Timing issue 212 2
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 214 6
- HMRC having technical difficulties 383 12
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 602 5
- VAT disaggregation 196 3
- What are HMRC implying? 575 2
- Ltd Company CIS Repayments 86 2
- Unequal share tenant in common 51 1
- Right To Manage Company 141 2
- mortgages & SA302 - can Halifax really be this thick? 894 7
- Registering with HMRC for VAT cash accounting 191 3
- Maternity and claining expenses 822 7
- VAT Flat Rate 339 1
- BrightPay quirks 387 6
- Closing down loss-making company 273 3
- AccountingWEB survey 479 8
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,173 31
- Virus alert! Anyone get this email today? 825 10
- My own & spouse's Irish returns & ROS 317 1