Hive down or retire ?
Five years ago I gave up my office and disposed of a large % of fees. I retained a number of clients and have operated a lifestyle practice retaining one part time assistant. Over the last year I have had to let three large (for me) clients go as their needs required more time than I wanted to give.
I am now reviewing the situation and would like members opinions on what they consider the minimum level of fees is to make it worth the hassle of running a practice.
Fixed overheads software, P.I. and prof fees along with cpd seem to come to around £2k.
Does anybody operate on fees of £11-£15K ?and if so is it worth it. ?
Other questions maximum age to continue in practice and how to get rid.
Thanks a lot.
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 374 9
- Marketing and email surprises 436 9
- The stupidity continues 1,192 64
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 751 26
- What is IRIS World like? 401 10
- Bank request To verify Accounts 111 1
- transactions after account have been closed 292 9
- How to claim subsistence for working away from home 99 1
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 308 5
- Mlom bollocks 201 4
- VT Transactions Stock Issues 87 2
- Non-Europe based but want to do UK taxes 158 1
- AML report needed? 91 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 575 11
- Can I claim Vat on solicitors invoices? 283 6
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 272 6
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 160 1
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,367 25
- New Employers Helpline 224 4
- Software recommendations 290 1
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 443
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 441
- WIP Software 304
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 291
- No payroll scheme in place 239
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 234
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 214
- Is there anything wrong with this? 209
- Small Part Disposal of Property 195
- Uncommercial property business 186