Hive down or retire ?
Five years ago I gave up my office and disposed of a large % of fees. I retained a number of clients and have operated a lifestyle practice retaining one part time assistant. Over the last year I have had to let three large (for me) clients go as their needs required more time than I wanted to give.
I am now reviewing the situation and would like members opinions on what they consider the minimum level of fees is to make it worth the hassle of running a practice.
Fixed overheads software, P.I. and prof fees along with cpd seem to come to around £2k.
Does anybody operate on fees of £11-£15K ?and if so is it worth it. ?
Other questions maximum age to continue in practice and how to get rid.
Thanks a lot.
- General tax book with planning 161 2
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,212 69
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 288 11
- Gift of property & improvements 122 2
- Error in past Corporate tax return 345 5
- VAT Invoice 142 4
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 807 32
- IHT and Swiss Property 130 1
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 223 3
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 190 7
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 154 2
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 453 10
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 377 8
- Help with tax codes on Sage 262 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 189 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 258 4
- Accounting for a finance lease 167 4
- SA302's anyone?? 541 16
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,645 41
- Renting for military reasons 196 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,620
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 901
- International interest certificate 511
- NOVA 368
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 298
- Management expenses for investment company 264
- Bonus Bonds 261
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 173
- tax on apprenticeship income 173
- P11D benefit received by widow 150