Hive down or retire ?
Five years ago I gave up my office and disposed of a large % of fees. I retained a number of clients and have operated a lifestyle practice retaining one part time assistant. Over the last year I have had to let three large (for me) clients go as their needs required more time than I wanted to give.
I am now reviewing the situation and would like members opinions on what they consider the minimum level of fees is to make it worth the hassle of running a practice.
Fixed overheads software, P.I. and prof fees along with cpd seem to come to around £2k.
Does anybody operate on fees of £11-£15K ?and if so is it worth it. ?
Other questions maximum age to continue in practice and how to get rid.
Thanks a lot.
- VAT registration for "co-operative" formed to provide flood defences 13 1
- Business travel apps 49 2
- directors loan movements and repayments 206 2
- PAYE Coding Notices 494 9
- VAT Option to tax 307 3
- BEST CPD COURSE 44 1
- EIS - connection through employment 49 1
- Weely paid employees 312 4
- Payroll - Previous year not filed 74 2
- Total cost of employment 224 2
- Help car benefit 172 5
- Late P800 demand shows later year? 147 3
- From Ireland. Self-Employed or Foreign Income? 154 5
- Cable’s crackdown on bonuses – empty words? 66 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 1,393 11
- PPR qualifying period while living in employer accommodation? 70 1
- HMRC Dispensation - How long does it last for? 135 2
- LLP members share of profits 450 26
- SDLT implications on an informal lease 100 2
- Current tax asset 207 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 888
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 623
- Free Tax Legislation? 378
- Director Loan account operation 376
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 322
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 307
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 299
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 276
- Paye procedures for CVA 208
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 195