Hive down or retire ?
Five years ago I gave up my office and disposed of a large % of fees. I retained a number of clients and have operated a lifestyle practice retaining one part time assistant. Over the last year I have had to let three large (for me) clients go as their needs required more time than I wanted to give.
I am now reviewing the situation and would like members opinions on what they consider the minimum level of fees is to make it worth the hassle of running a practice.
Fixed overheads software, P.I. and prof fees along with cpd seem to come to around £2k.
Does anybody operate on fees of £11-£15K ?and if so is it worth it. ?
Other questions maximum age to continue in practice and how to get rid.
Thanks a lot.
- Voluntary Disclosure 266 4
- valuation of vehicles 437 18
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 324 3
- Mortgage Interest - Tax Deductible 423 4
- BTC is slow 273 3
- Director registration for SA question 491 17
- How to revise RTI for Moneysoft 222 3
- Issues with freelancer taking zero salary from limited company 395 6
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 504 22
- Business only use of company car 709 26
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 515 14
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 337 4
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 976 29
- New Company reviews please 567 13
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 328 4
- VAT with Russia 253 2
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 237 4
- Money Laundering Manual 309 11
- cgt quoted shares losses 258 2
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,131 29
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 307
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 251
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 245
- Any thoughts on Capium? 240
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 222
- auto enrolment 194
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 178
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 160
- How to account for investment in JV? 159
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 149