HMRC Agent Authorisation when somebody dies
A client died nearly two years ago, and a refund was due on the 2011 tax return submitted (and full bank details were provided on the tax return).
The refund wasn't made (this happens fairly regularly).
We then went onto the HMRC website and requested a repayment online, again giving all the necessary bank details. Again nothing has happened.
We have phoned up HMRC and the person on the phone was pretty stroppy, saying that our agent authorisation should have been withdrawn at the date of death, and that a new 64-8 needs to be submitted. Until that happens he flatly refused to discuss the matter.
Is this correct? It's the first time we have come across this (and not the first repayment we have dealt with after the death of a client).
What do we put on the new 64-8 - the client's name (Deceased) and have it signed by the executor (the widow) or what?
Thanks for advice.
- Next Move 556 16
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 258 1
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 166 3
- Company formation and bank account 290 8
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 659 8
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,556 44
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 556 9
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 402 8
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 205 2
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 395 8
- OneNote is fantastic 505 11
- VAT Direct Debit 362 7
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 444 8
- Self Assessment Software 689 21
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 438 13
- Self-assessment statistics 2,359 55
- Director started half way through the year no previous income. Pro rate NI 274 11
- Owning overseas property 257 1
- Fees to charge for Auto enrolment Pension for small Employers 369 3
- What's happened to Smith's Taxation 285 1
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 659
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 402
- VAT on Export Outside EU and Conditional Sale 401
- Property letting & CAs 392
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 383
- 2015 tax year end 383
- FCA regulated company in a small group 340
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 282
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 230
- DTA tie-breaker issue 202