HMRC Agent Authorisation when somebody dies
A client died nearly two years ago, and a refund was due on the 2011 tax return submitted (and full bank details were provided on the tax return).
The refund wasn't made (this happens fairly regularly).
We then went onto the HMRC website and requested a repayment online, again giving all the necessary bank details. Again nothing has happened.
We have phoned up HMRC and the person on the phone was pretty stroppy, saying that our agent authorisation should have been withdrawn at the date of death, and that a new 64-8 needs to be submitted. Until that happens he flatly refused to discuss the matter.
Is this correct? It's the first time we have come across this (and not the first repayment we have dealt with after the death of a client).
What do we put on the new 64-8 - the client's name (Deceased) and have it signed by the executor (the widow) or what?
Thanks for advice.
- deleting customers on Sage 50 205 8
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 216 4
- Sage Depreciation 57 1
- Non sequitur 207 2
- Am i Liable? 843 21
- Sale of business being paid by deferred payments by buyer 157 1
- tax relief for the cost of trade marks 149 1
- Interest on main residence mortgage then lent to a company 58 1
- Boffin of the Year 224 8
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 460 10
- HMRC Accounts Office - waiting an hour! 61 1
- Very Difficult to type on Aweb again 78 2
- Giving a seminar 650 35
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 912 15
- What leverage do I have with accountants if any? 363 3
- Sole trader - bank statements 336 14
- PAYE versus Dividends 133 1
- Altered PAYE cheque 441 9
- equipment rental 75 1
- Flat Rate Scheme 384 16
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,286
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 633
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 418
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 326
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 246
- Alphabet shares 216
- Agent fees to sell business 208
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 203
- Office recharges 164
- Tax position on lease extension 160