HMRC Agent Authorisation when somebody dies
A client died nearly two years ago, and a refund was due on the 2011 tax return submitted (and full bank details were provided on the tax return).
The refund wasn't made (this happens fairly regularly).
We then went onto the HMRC website and requested a repayment online, again giving all the necessary bank details. Again nothing has happened.
We have phoned up HMRC and the person on the phone was pretty stroppy, saying that our agent authorisation should have been withdrawn at the date of death, and that a new 64-8 needs to be submitted. Until that happens he flatly refused to discuss the matter.
Is this correct? It's the first time we have come across this (and not the first repayment we have dealt with after the death of a client).
What do we put on the new 64-8 - the client's name (Deceased) and have it signed by the executor (the widow) or what?
Thanks for advice.
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 170 4
- Changes to class 2 NIC's 188 3
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 356 8
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 146 4
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 146 3
- LLP as member of LLP 99 1
- Why should I retain membership? 2,749 48
- B2B vat in the EU 143 3
- Coding Notice 166 4
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 459 7
- Vat 286 7
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,283 13
- Recharge for private use of a company car 198 3
- Funding Circle Servicing Fee 166 2
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,496 18
- CT/CIS offset 149 2
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 198 4
- Trade name 197 3
- Musician - Allowable Travel expenses 146 1
- New business - journal entries 329 20
- Auto enrolment excuses 825
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 711
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 394
- Social investment tax relief 210
- Digita Hosted Software 206
- Call Centre Data Costs 195
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 163
- Travel costs and contractors 159
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 150
- accounting for this transaction 147