HMRC Agent Authorisation when somebody dies
A client died nearly two years ago, and a refund was due on the 2011 tax return submitted (and full bank details were provided on the tax return).
The refund wasn't made (this happens fairly regularly).
We then went onto the HMRC website and requested a repayment online, again giving all the necessary bank details. Again nothing has happened.
We have phoned up HMRC and the person on the phone was pretty stroppy, saying that our agent authorisation should have been withdrawn at the date of death, and that a new 64-8 needs to be submitted. Until that happens he flatly refused to discuss the matter.
Is this correct? It's the first time we have come across this (and not the first repayment we have dealt with after the death of a client).
What do we put on the new 64-8 - the client's name (Deceased) and have it signed by the executor (the widow) or what?
Thanks for advice.
- CGT on transfer of property 179 13
- The stupidity continues 1,773 80
- Taxable turnover for VAT registration 78 4
- Transfer of property to director & shareholder 20 1
- Xero Training 317 2
- Do I need to make a P11D provision in Accs? 52 1
- Gift of asset between couple living as husband and wife 59 1
- 45p mileage - stupid question 156 2
- Two trades one individual - Vat registration? 361 4
- Cis refund for company 116 2
- Capital Event? 76 2
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,423 26
- Clearbooks - creating a HP Account 141 5
- How to claim subsistence for working away from home 253 5
- Withdrawing company car 166 2
- What is IRIS World like? 453 11
- looking for a practice consultant 265 3
- RE assets introduced and rent 135 2
- AML report needed? 229 7
- Bank request To verify Accounts 327 6
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 449
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 449
- WIP Software 313
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 296
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 249
- No payroll scheme in place 247
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 223
- Is there anything wrong with this? 218
- Small Part Disposal of Property 208
- Uncommercial property business 197