HMRC Agent Authorisation when somebody dies
A client died nearly two years ago, and a refund was due on the 2011 tax return submitted (and full bank details were provided on the tax return).
The refund wasn't made (this happens fairly regularly).
We then went onto the HMRC website and requested a repayment online, again giving all the necessary bank details. Again nothing has happened.
We have phoned up HMRC and the person on the phone was pretty stroppy, saying that our agent authorisation should have been withdrawn at the date of death, and that a new 64-8 needs to be submitted. Until that happens he flatly refused to discuss the matter.
Is this correct? It's the first time we have come across this (and not the first repayment we have dealt with after the death of a client).
What do we put on the new 64-8 - the client's name (Deceased) and have it signed by the executor (the widow) or what?
Thanks for advice.
- Tax - Paying Yearly 33 2
- Anyone using PracticePA? 202 3
- How do I correct a previous accountants major mistake on PAYE/SA? 384 4
- How to find difference in Sage bank rec 256 6
- Auto enrollment. What's the basis for contribution ? 60 1
- Seeking advice: CGT after divorce when house sold and neither party was resident 159 2
- New company uses old Bank Account 199 2
- converting garage to use as office 249 2
- recommended auto-enrolment pension scheme providers 641 13
- When is commencing trading not commening trading 116 1
- HOW is anyone obtaining an EORI number prior to shipment? 115 2
- Sage Drive Queue.dta file lock out 322 7
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 1,161 11
- Strike off 423 9
- Contracting, Subcontracting and Agency Worker Regs 135 2
- auto enrolment 277 1
- Shortening an Accounting Reference Date 318 6
- Private use of vans 159 1
- My friend may have unknowingly participated in a tax avoidance scheme... 702 6
- Why are so many UK accountants reticent to make use of Indian outsourcing providers? 4,162 92
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 373
- Any thoughts on Capium? 324
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 291
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 267
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 252
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 226
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 176
- French ConnectionUK 161
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 158
- Income tax: Interaction between new marriage allowance and new nil band on savings interest 158