HMRC Agent Authorisation when somebody dies
A client died nearly two years ago, and a refund was due on the 2011 tax return submitted (and full bank details were provided on the tax return).
The refund wasn't made (this happens fairly regularly).
We then went onto the HMRC website and requested a repayment online, again giving all the necessary bank details. Again nothing has happened.
We have phoned up HMRC and the person on the phone was pretty stroppy, saying that our agent authorisation should have been withdrawn at the date of death, and that a new 64-8 needs to be submitted. Until that happens he flatly refused to discuss the matter.
Is this correct? It's the first time we have come across this (and not the first repayment we have dealt with after the death of a client).
What do we put on the new 64-8 - the client's name (Deceased) and have it signed by the executor (the widow) or what?
Thanks for advice.
- Excel query 140 3
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 1,050 15
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 114 4
- Capital allowances or revenue is capital? 144 3
- Agent authorisation for RTI filing 14 1
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 303 12
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,321 14
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 567 9
- Payment on account penalties 152 4
- How much did you pay for your website 1,701 29
- any implications of this type of transaction 91 2
- Mem & Arts - Multiple Share Classes & Rights 104 1
- Does IR35 apply? 106 1
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 269 7
- Sage data 112 1
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 424 9
- Limited company buying a car 367 6
- Funding Circle experience 171 3
- Tax on free shares 160 5
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 215 3
- CTA study material 809
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 500
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 462
- Employment related securities question 327
- AIM Stocks and IHT 313
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 287
- Expat pension contributions? 284
- Trust for Employee 258
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 240
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 162