HMRC Agent Authorisation when somebody dies
A client died nearly two years ago, and a refund was due on the 2011 tax return submitted (and full bank details were provided on the tax return).
The refund wasn't made (this happens fairly regularly).
We then went onto the HMRC website and requested a repayment online, again giving all the necessary bank details. Again nothing has happened.
We have phoned up HMRC and the person on the phone was pretty stroppy, saying that our agent authorisation should have been withdrawn at the date of death, and that a new 64-8 needs to be submitted. Until that happens he flatly refused to discuss the matter.
Is this correct? It's the first time we have come across this (and not the first repayment we have dealt with after the death of a client).
What do we put on the new 64-8 - the client's name (Deceased) and have it signed by the executor (the widow) or what?
Thanks for advice.
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 125 2
- Limited Company Contractor renting a house whilst working at a temporary location 125 3
- Capital Gain? 514 14
- thinking of starting up - AAT ACCA 219 5
- Sell business after leaving country 128 2
- How much to charge? 245 5
- CIMA MIP - wife joining business, non MIP 164 1
- Client with enquiry inro careless or negligent tax return 639 15
- Income tax on foreign dividends 244 2
- break even point 594 18
- Simple consolidation question 119 2
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 393 10
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 1,002 27
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 406 9
- Client cash balances, on or off-balance sheet for full service brokerage firm 207 3
- Abolish the penalty regime 289 5
- Separating a business into retail and wholesale, with husband and wife as separate owner/managers. 177 4
- IHT Query 247 4
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 448 2
- BrightPay 700 22
- Possible Partnership? 467
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 443
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 430
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 234
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 230
- Clubs and Taxable Income 221
- New Fangled Penalties 220
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 214
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 187
- Loans to other companies 168