HMRC Agent Authorisation when somebody dies
A client died nearly two years ago, and a refund was due on the 2011 tax return submitted (and full bank details were provided on the tax return).
The refund wasn't made (this happens fairly regularly).
We then went onto the HMRC website and requested a repayment online, again giving all the necessary bank details. Again nothing has happened.
We have phoned up HMRC and the person on the phone was pretty stroppy, saying that our agent authorisation should have been withdrawn at the date of death, and that a new 64-8 needs to be submitted. Until that happens he flatly refused to discuss the matter.
Is this correct? It's the first time we have come across this (and not the first repayment we have dealt with after the death of a client).
What do we put on the new 64-8 - the client's name (Deceased) and have it signed by the executor (the widow) or what?
Thanks for advice.
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 202 6
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,251 45
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 364 5
- Do I need a smartphone? 35 1
- Redoing accounts for mortgage lender 78 1
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 329 9
- 27,000 Really? 1,176 38
- What are options for non CA firm 2,848 60
- Legal title not in the company name 805 23
- Opening Balances 216 2
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 597 7
- Tax Credits for Self Employed 140 1
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 107 1
- This is getting boring 632 12
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 274 7
- pension paid by company? 132 3
- inheritance tax 435 12
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 358 9
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 234 4
- State pension 308 3
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 642
- Cancelled 396
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 355
- Cancelled 340
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 311
- Probiz 306
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 282
- How not to compose an email 277
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 259
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 224