HMRC Agent Authorisation when somebody dies
A client died nearly two years ago, and a refund was due on the 2011 tax return submitted (and full bank details were provided on the tax return).
The refund wasn't made (this happens fairly regularly).
We then went onto the HMRC website and requested a repayment online, again giving all the necessary bank details. Again nothing has happened.
We have phoned up HMRC and the person on the phone was pretty stroppy, saying that our agent authorisation should have been withdrawn at the date of death, and that a new 64-8 needs to be submitted. Until that happens he flatly refused to discuss the matter.
Is this correct? It's the first time we have come across this (and not the first repayment we have dealt with after the death of a client).
What do we put on the new 64-8 - the client's name (Deceased) and have it signed by the executor (the widow) or what?
Thanks for advice.
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 116 1
- Recomendations for a purchase order management book please? 117 1
- Instant CPD offer 280 4
- Cash basis 514 13
- Income from rent charged to business 120 2
- payroll software 365 3
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 436 5
- Statutory sick pay 307 4
- Dividend in specie 368 9
- Complicated Company car purchase 220 2
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 175 3
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 145 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 272 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 294 1
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 166 3
- Fee base v staff ratio 382 6
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,855 27
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 333 3
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 257 2
- Gift in kind to charity by company: services 107 1
- Skandia using wrong address 573
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 306
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 305
- Employee rewards 288
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 253
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 228
- Etax Australian 186
- LLP in Construction Industry 154
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 132
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 130