HMRC Agent Authorisation when somebody dies
A client died nearly two years ago, and a refund was due on the 2011 tax return submitted (and full bank details were provided on the tax return).
The refund wasn't made (this happens fairly regularly).
We then went onto the HMRC website and requested a repayment online, again giving all the necessary bank details. Again nothing has happened.
We have phoned up HMRC and the person on the phone was pretty stroppy, saying that our agent authorisation should have been withdrawn at the date of death, and that a new 64-8 needs to be submitted. Until that happens he flatly refused to discuss the matter.
Is this correct? It's the first time we have come across this (and not the first repayment we have dealt with after the death of a client).
What do we put on the new 64-8 - the client's name (Deceased) and have it signed by the executor (the widow) or what?
Thanks for advice.
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 185 4
- SA302 277 6
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 231 4
- Go Cardless 325 9
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 203 3
- Hmrc software 216 3
- Mehjoo 265 1
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 106 1
- Hosted email exchange 171 5
- South African Government Pension 179 1
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 163 3
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 281 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 308 13
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 243 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 148 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 284 7
- New Email Extensions 198 1
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 316 2
- Dental practice incorpration 155 1
- Audit rules 181 4
- Xtuple 509
- Qtac payroll for bureau 348
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 292
- Industrial & Provident Societies 283
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 225
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 173
- Domain name sale and limited company 169
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 166
- CIS schemes 161
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 142