HMRC Agent Authorisation when somebody dies
A client died nearly two years ago, and a refund was due on the 2011 tax return submitted (and full bank details were provided on the tax return).
The refund wasn't made (this happens fairly regularly).
We then went onto the HMRC website and requested a repayment online, again giving all the necessary bank details. Again nothing has happened.
We have phoned up HMRC and the person on the phone was pretty stroppy, saying that our agent authorisation should have been withdrawn at the date of death, and that a new 64-8 needs to be submitted. Until that happens he flatly refused to discuss the matter.
Is this correct? It's the first time we have come across this (and not the first repayment we have dealt with after the death of a client).
What do we put on the new 64-8 - the client's name (Deceased) and have it signed by the executor (the widow) or what?
Thanks for advice.
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 323 6
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 62 1
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 314 11
- Starting up in practice - safety net 140 3
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 204 4
- Rental property company 104 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 298 7
- Payroo Employer allowance query 252 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 382 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 153 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 191 2
- Comapny valuation qualifications 146 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 489 5
- Director's tax return 399 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 181 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,134 34
- Flat rate vat 237 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 195 5
- Coming in from the cold 389 3
- Splitting the tax year 191 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 817
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 567
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 436
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 314
- Free Tax Legislation? 290
- Director Loan account operation 270
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 257
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 256
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 235
- Paye procedures for CVA 176