HMRC Agent Authorisation when somebody dies
A client died nearly two years ago, and a refund was due on the 2011 tax return submitted (and full bank details were provided on the tax return).
The refund wasn't made (this happens fairly regularly).
We then went onto the HMRC website and requested a repayment online, again giving all the necessary bank details. Again nothing has happened.
We have phoned up HMRC and the person on the phone was pretty stroppy, saying that our agent authorisation should have been withdrawn at the date of death, and that a new 64-8 needs to be submitted. Until that happens he flatly refused to discuss the matter.
Is this correct? It's the first time we have come across this (and not the first repayment we have dealt with after the death of a client).
What do we put on the new 64-8 - the client's name (Deceased) and have it signed by the executor (the widow) or what?
Thanks for advice.
- Overseas company and VAT 10 1
- Market Value/Connected Persons 201 8
- Google contacts sharing within our domain 88 1
- Limited Companies, Directors Employer Registration P11D 145 4
- SAGE - Filtering Inactive Suppliers/Customers 126 2
- Personal allowance 422 10
- Workshops centred around Xero 462 12
- Scams are not always obvious 698 19
- RTI, no payroll but BIK 137 1
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 137 2
- VAT on long lease in comercial property thathas opted to Tax 100 3
- Related party disclosures 174 3
- Input vat on my fees after deregistration 184 2
- Charity Buildings and Zero-rated Vat 92 1
- Auto Enrolment, Payroll, Small Client Advice and what to charge? 620 17
- 100% FYA, do I have to cliam all of it in 1 year? 250 4
- Vat query - EU customer requesting invoice without charging vat 257 8
- Is this legal? 627 9
- Saying NO to a time wasters 1,998 23
- Cells from many sheets 129 2
- New Fangled Penalties 1,043
- Moving away from CCH software 905
- Recruitment agencies 529
- QROP pension input amounts 412
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 363
- Deemed Employment Payment 346
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 308
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 300
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 221
- fraud 219