I think I've posted about this topic previously, but now it's really winding me up!
Basically I have a client who, for several years, has received employment income and army pension income, both including his personal allowance - which is obviously incorrect.
HMRC have noticed this and wrote to him saying he owes nearly £5k for 07/08, 08/09, 09/10 & 10/11.
I appealed after some very helpful posts on here under ESC A19 (after all, it's not his fault!) but they have written back and rejected the appeal based on the fact that they weren't aware of his army pension income until the end-of-year returns were submitted.
I find this quite strange as he's been receiving this since 2000 so surely they would have known before the 07/08 year?
Any advice would be much appreciated as I'm in the process of appealing again - the only thing I don't want to do is open up a can of worms and have them realise he hasn't been taxed properly since 2000!
- Income £10k salary and £20k net dividends 266 10
- About your hairdresser clients 217 7
- Bright Pay 97 1
- Can an EPS be resent? 86 3
- Getting a business loan with a personal default 187 6
- Great Service 1,123 14
- Can't vote dividends due to minority shareholder 473 11
- Ouch. Those penalties sting 2,361 27
- HMRC debt collectors 120 2
- Entrepreneurs relief 110 1
- WIP valuation at year end 295 6
- New Company formation - how to account for share capital vs directors loans 104 3
- Nine-Page Engagement Letters 669 12
- Can I call Agent Dedicated line to request UTR be posted? 246 3
- Iris Upgrade Issue V11.7.0 618 8
- Capital Expenditure 104 2
- Selling Fees 306 5
- VAT implications of UK subsiduary recharging US Parent 118 4
- Funds received in advance of share issue 162 5
- Any printer recommendations? 333 8
- Sanzar 519
- Digital marketing focus group 409
- Sainsbury's mangement 369
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 368
- Avanti Accounts 348
- Continuity Agreement 347
- Buyback 302
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 249
- Aggresive sales from Iris 235
- Charity volunteers and mileage 198