I think I've posted about this topic previously, but now it's really winding me up!
Basically I have a client who, for several years, has received employment income and army pension income, both including his personal allowance - which is obviously incorrect.
HMRC have noticed this and wrote to him saying he owes nearly £5k for 07/08, 08/09, 09/10 & 10/11.
I appealed after some very helpful posts on here under ESC A19 (after all, it's not his fault!) but they have written back and rejected the appeal based on the fact that they weren't aware of his army pension income until the end-of-year returns were submitted.
I find this quite strange as he's been receiving this since 2000 so surely they would have known before the 07/08 year?
Any advice would be much appreciated as I'm in the process of appealing again - the only thing I don't want to do is open up a can of worms and have them realise he hasn't been taxed properly since 2000!
- Director's Earnings when Drawing from Goodwill profit from Sole Trading Company sale to Ltd Company 66 1
- Networking 302 5
- Turnover on a tax return 442 10
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,202 33
- VAT refund 261 2
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 256 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 284 4
- Corrupt excel .XLSX file 106 1
- incorrect old p60 503 13
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 321 5
- Professional coaching claimable? 237 2
- IT Contractor 275 1
- Sage instant account codes 178 1
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 275 1
- Cashflow forecasting software 325 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,963 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 335 4
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 308 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 287 3
- Missing tax return 423 4