I think I've posted about this topic previously, but now it's really winding me up!
Basically I have a client who, for several years, has received employment income and army pension income, both including his personal allowance - which is obviously incorrect.
HMRC have noticed this and wrote to him saying he owes nearly £5k for 07/08, 08/09, 09/10 & 10/11.
I appealed after some very helpful posts on here under ESC A19 (after all, it's not his fault!) but they have written back and rejected the appeal based on the fact that they weren't aware of his army pension income until the end-of-year returns were submitted.
I find this quite strange as he's been receiving this since 2000 so surely they would have known before the 07/08 year?
Any advice would be much appreciated as I'm in the process of appealing again - the only thing I don't want to do is open up a can of worms and have them realise he hasn't been taxed properly since 2000!
- How to Value a Business 369 7
- Preparing a consolidated TB 109 2
- Company Pension Contributions 122 2
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 1,038 19
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 85 2
- Fastest Software 497 7
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 2,536 68
- Vat threshold issues 1,350 12
- Charging for book-keeping on a 'per transaction' basis 753 19
- How much did you pay for your website 384 12
- Simple Ltd company accounts service 324 8
- On line petition re HMRC grabbing money from taxpayer bank accounts 751 14
- Sage Payroll & NIC 335 7
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 1,287 32
- CCJ and Shareholder/ Director ramifications 227 1
- Tax Allowance on University Course 1,347 6
- Time recording software 273 3
- Importing data into CCH AP 76 1
- Self employment trap - pension 252 2
- Mixed partnerships - new rules 242 3
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 583
- CTA study material 580
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 347
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 279
- Employment related securities question 217
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 186
- ATED Penalties 181
- AIM Stocks and IHT 166
- Foreign Premium Distributions 138
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 119