I think I've posted about this topic previously, but now it's really winding me up!
Basically I have a client who, for several years, has received employment income and army pension income, both including his personal allowance - which is obviously incorrect.
HMRC have noticed this and wrote to him saying he owes nearly £5k for 07/08, 08/09, 09/10 & 10/11.
I appealed after some very helpful posts on here under ESC A19 (after all, it's not his fault!) but they have written back and rejected the appeal based on the fact that they weren't aware of his army pension income until the end-of-year returns were submitted.
I find this quite strange as he's been receiving this since 2000 so surely they would have known before the 07/08 year?
Any advice would be much appreciated as I'm in the process of appealing again - the only thing I don't want to do is open up a can of worms and have them realise he hasn't been taxed properly since 2000!
- Director registration for SA question 401 16
- How to revise RTI for Moneysoft 106 3
- Issues with freelancer taking zero salary from limited company 235 6
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 484 22
- Voluntary Disclosure 83 1
- valuation of vehicles 385 16
- Business only use of company car 674 26
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 500 14
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 298 4
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 930 29
- New Company reviews please 528 13
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 297 4
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 197 2
- VAT with Russia 204 2
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 230 4
- Money Laundering Manual 299 11
- cgt quoted shares losses 239 2
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,106 29
- directors loan 344 8
- Holiday pay calculator for client use? 370 4
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 292
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 242
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 237
- Any thoughts on Capium? 221
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 216
- auto enrolment 184
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 174
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 151
- How to account for investment in JV? 148
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 147