I think I've posted about this topic previously, but now it's really winding me up!
Basically I have a client who, for several years, has received employment income and army pension income, both including his personal allowance - which is obviously incorrect.
HMRC have noticed this and wrote to him saying he owes nearly £5k for 07/08, 08/09, 09/10 & 10/11.
I appealed after some very helpful posts on here under ESC A19 (after all, it's not his fault!) but they have written back and rejected the appeal based on the fact that they weren't aware of his army pension income until the end-of-year returns were submitted.
I find this quite strange as he's been receiving this since 2000 so surely they would have known before the 07/08 year?
Any advice would be much appreciated as I'm in the process of appealing again - the only thing I don't want to do is open up a can of worms and have them realise he hasn't been taxed properly since 2000!
- More AE! 440 11
- Compliance check 410 11
- Interest paid to non-UK company - Deduction 71 1
- Accounts production software license expiry & possible alternatives 196 4
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 575 20
- sole trader accountant 679 13
- Entrepreneurs Relief 356 14
- How to classify an asset 104 3
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 248 2
- when a charity makes a donation.... 152 4
- Recharge for private use of a company car 300 5
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 83 2
- Statement of turnover template 151 4
- CGT 94 1
- Are clients getting more stupid? 1,104 18
- Importers 201 3
- Micro Entity Accounts 122 2
- Construction Industry Allowable expenses 225 7
- Company purchase of shares 493 26
- Sage vat return 158 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,058
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 774
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 447
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 286
- Digita Hosted Software 275
- Call Centre Data Costs 241
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 206
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 195
- Credit where credit's due....... 193
- Married Couples Allowance wasted? 170