I think I've posted about this topic previously, but now it's really winding me up!
Basically I have a client who, for several years, has received employment income and army pension income, both including his personal allowance - which is obviously incorrect.
HMRC have noticed this and wrote to him saying he owes nearly £5k for 07/08, 08/09, 09/10 & 10/11.
I appealed after some very helpful posts on here under ESC A19 (after all, it's not his fault!) but they have written back and rejected the appeal based on the fact that they weren't aware of his army pension income until the end-of-year returns were submitted.
I find this quite strange as he's been receiving this since 2000 so surely they would have known before the 07/08 year?
Any advice would be much appreciated as I'm in the process of appealing again - the only thing I don't want to do is open up a can of worms and have them realise he hasn't been taxed properly since 2000!
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 1,044 15
- VAT on Acquisitions and Exempt Supplier 157 4
- Company assets 319 14
- Claiming VAT 29 1
- MoneySoft 74 1
- Corporation tax on gains from one company to another 254 10
- HMRC website & Adobe Reader 253 5
- Basis period (2nd yr) for a partnership, please any suggestions would be really helpful 142 1
- Auto-enrolment - fact or fiction? 478 9
- Director resignation 723 21
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 1,781 30
- Additional information attached to accounts 132 1
- CIS Only Scheme 92 1
- No payroll scheme in place 339 1
- Xero Training 386 3
- SA Penalty 226 1
- VAT on Part Contribution towards Safety Boots 248 13
- Debtor weighting by sales 94 1
- The stupidity continues 2,826 103
- Company oversea and VAT 186 7
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 500
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 476
- Is there anything wrong with this? 276
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 264
- Uncommercial property business 237
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 203
- Registering online CWF1 181
- Accrued income scheme 177
- VAT - registration needed? 174
- Zoho software in small accounting and bookkeeping practice 172