I think I've posted about this topic previously, but now it's really winding me up!
Basically I have a client who, for several years, has received employment income and army pension income, both including his personal allowance - which is obviously incorrect.
HMRC have noticed this and wrote to him saying he owes nearly £5k for 07/08, 08/09, 09/10 & 10/11.
I appealed after some very helpful posts on here under ESC A19 (after all, it's not his fault!) but they have written back and rejected the appeal based on the fact that they weren't aware of his army pension income until the end-of-year returns were submitted.
I find this quite strange as he's been receiving this since 2000 so surely they would have known before the 07/08 year?
Any advice would be much appreciated as I'm in the process of appealing again - the only thing I don't want to do is open up a can of worms and have them realise he hasn't been taxed properly since 2000!
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 184 3
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 277 4
- Self assesment losses 274 8
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 151 3
- Off site storage 74 1
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,069 42
- Garden studio - tax and VAT deductible? 110 1
- CT treatment of staff entertainment for overseas staff 93 2
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 523 4
- Joint Property rent 152 3
- Anyone know about Cloud-Based Practice Management Software? 199 6
- Now the phishers have baited their hooks with SAGE 240 1
- Fee protection 870 16
- Overdrawn DLA 262 9
- Disposal of an opted property 134 2
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 240 5
- Irish Taxation 97 1
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 3,137 31
- CIS monthly declaration 201 9
- Telephone call from "Xero" 378 4
- Xtuple 560
- Qtac payroll for bureau 382
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 335
- Industrial & Provident Societies 325
- Domain name sale and limited company 225
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 206
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 204
- Investment 202
- Tax on damages received 173
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 160