I think I've posted about this topic previously, but now it's really winding me up!
Basically I have a client who, for several years, has received employment income and army pension income, both including his personal allowance - which is obviously incorrect.
HMRC have noticed this and wrote to him saying he owes nearly £5k for 07/08, 08/09, 09/10 & 10/11.
I appealed after some very helpful posts on here under ESC A19 (after all, it's not his fault!) but they have written back and rejected the appeal based on the fact that they weren't aware of his army pension income until the end-of-year returns were submitted.
I find this quite strange as he's been receiving this since 2000 so surely they would have known before the 07/08 year?
Any advice would be much appreciated as I'm in the process of appealing again - the only thing I don't want to do is open up a can of worms and have them realise he hasn't been taxed properly since 2000!
- Company struck off 82 4
- Employment Allowance 355 6
- Redoing accounts for mortgage lender 124 2
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 401 8
- West Bromich Albion 317 2
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 340 10
- What are options for non CA firm 2,866 61
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 378 10
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 246 7
- Do I need a smartphone? 87 2
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,264 45
- 27,000 Really? 1,194 38
- Legal title not in the company name 812 23
- Opening Balances 223 2
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 607 7
- Tax Credits for Self Employed 158 1
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 116 1
- This is getting boring 637 12
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 282 7
- pension paid by company? 142 3
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 645
- Cancelled 398
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 356
- Cancelled 344
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 311
- Probiz 307
- How not to compose an email 288
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 284
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 260
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 225