HMRC BLACK OPS TEAM ?
Has anyone on this post ever come across advice which looks as if it could have come from an HMRC black ops team rather than a bone fide contributor ?
I only ask out of curiosity. Many big retailers employ teams of bloggers to post false glowing product reports on websites such as Amazon and Tripadvisor. What looks like independent praise for a product from a member of Joe Public, has in fact come from a team employed by the product manufacturer or retailer to influence opinion and boost sales.
With so much money at stake, ti would make sense for HMRC to post equally misleading advice in these columns in attempt to curtail anti avoidance measures and so boost tax revenue.
I have no evidence that this is happening, however others better versed than me may have seen a few telltale signs. eg dodgy advice on self employment, deductible expenses. etc.
What do you think ?
- Client change of address for VAT - can't do it online?! 370 7
- Benchmark Scale Rates 34 1
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,437 33
- Partnership profit share - tax efficient for husband and wife 42 1
- Early repayment of CIS deductions - sole trader 34 1
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 543 13
- Rollover relief and private use 91 2
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 151 2
- Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) 207 3
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 818 12
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,806 72
- SAGE con 341 7
- Filed CT600 using Taxcalc 109 2
- Which software for practice books? 559 20
- Related Parties Note 741 10
- Dazed & confused 394 5
- Law Shipping/Odeon related question 132 2
- Goerge fixes PAs for long period 174 2
- Are HMRC getting it right? 359 7
- trading or dormant 250 6
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,055
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 565
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 374
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 283
- Charge out rates in London? 226
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 218
- Personal consumption by landlord 193
- Interest on Loan to a Company 179
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 161
- Agent fees to sell business 150