HMRC Customer Survey 2014
A couple of weeks ago I received a letter from HM Revenue & Customs, KAI Project Group, Customer Survey Team.
I am writing to ask for your help in a very important study the HM Revenue & Customs is carrying out. The aim of the study is to help us to provide a high quality service that enables out customers to understand and meet their tax oblgations and their entitlements.
We have appointed an independent research company, TNS BMRB, to contact a random sample of our customers to find out what they think of the service we provide. For example, were the forms and processes clear, and did you find it easy or difficult to contact us?
Representatives from TNS BMRB will be making telephone calls over the next few weeks. If they contact you we hope that you will be able to spare some time to take part in the survey. None of the questions will ask for details of your personal or organisation's tax affairs and TNS BMRB will not give us the names of those interviewed.
The letter does continue saying I could contact them for more information or opt not to participate.
I cannot tell from the letter as such as to if this is a survey of self assessment taxpayers or of tax agents. I got the phone call today and I was able to postpone the survey for a couple of weeks. It appears that they were targetting me as a tax agent rather than as a taxpayer.
So has any other tax agent received such a letter and participated in the survey. If so, what was involved in the survey?
Should I be concerned that I have been selected for this survey?
- Any Scottish members out there? 4,170 132
- How do I account for trees?! 71 1
- Foreign Dividends - tax repayment claim 473 17
- P11d Van - no private use 363 11
- Expanding To UK From USA 72 1
- German VAT charged by US Supplier 220 5
- Shadow director or alternative? 149 1
- Abbreviated Accounts 302 4
- Accountancy fee tax return 489 6
- Employee who reports their PAYE themselves to HMRC - Am i liable for Employer NI 270 1
- SSP recovered on directors salary 248 5
- I had a baby! Small practice recruitment - where would you look? 362 2
- Computerised Accountancy Software 253 1
- Standard 'email' template system 296 5
- HMRC Enquiry re interest paid 412 7
- Being Tax relevant 208 2
- Help with Mortgage Application? 362 5
- FRS VAT bad debt relief? 467 12
- 10% Wear & Tear Allowance - Limited Company 285 3
- Can an EU biz register an LLC in UK, but operate from the local country? 182 3
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 980
- Employment related securities question 501
- Looking for a qualified accountant 311
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 301
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 274
- National Insurance 211
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 200
- Joint construction arrangement CIS and VAT 193
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 185
- Payments on account coded out?? 143