HMRC Customer Survey 2014
A couple of weeks ago I received a letter from HM Revenue & Customs, KAI Project Group, Customer Survey Team.
I am writing to ask for your help in a very important study the HM Revenue & Customs is carrying out. The aim of the study is to help us to provide a high quality service that enables out customers to understand and meet their tax oblgations and their entitlements.
We have appointed an independent research company, TNS BMRB, to contact a random sample of our customers to find out what they think of the service we provide. For example, were the forms and processes clear, and did you find it easy or difficult to contact us?
Representatives from TNS BMRB will be making telephone calls over the next few weeks. If they contact you we hope that you will be able to spare some time to take part in the survey. None of the questions will ask for details of your personal or organisation's tax affairs and TNS BMRB will not give us the names of those interviewed.
The letter does continue saying I could contact them for more information or opt not to participate.
I cannot tell from the letter as such as to if this is a survey of self assessment taxpayers or of tax agents. I got the phone call today and I was able to postpone the survey for a couple of weeks. It appears that they were targetting me as a tax agent rather than as a taxpayer.
So has any other tax agent received such a letter and participated in the survey. If so, what was involved in the survey?
Should I be concerned that I have been selected for this survey?
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 221 3
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,041 42
- Garden studio - tax and VAT deductible? 35 1
- CT treatment of staff entertainment for overseas staff 67 2
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 495 4
- Joint Property rent 133 3
- Self assesment losses 240 7
- Anyone know about Cloud-Based Practice Management Software? 180 6
- Now the phishers have baited their hooks with SAGE 212 1
- Fee protection 848 16
- Overdrawn DLA 240 9
- Disposal of an opted property 128 2
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 235 5
- Irish Taxation 87 1
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 3,113 31
- CIS monthly declaration 191 9
- Telephone call from "Xero" 360 4
- Form 2.8b notice of intention to appoint administrator 129 3
- Companies House incorporation service 471 14
- Electronic v printed payslips 141 1
- Xtuple 560
- Qtac payroll for bureau 382
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 333
- Industrial & Provident Societies 322
- Domain name sale and limited company 222
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 203
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 202
- Investment 202
- Tax on damages received 173
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 158