HMRC Customer Survey 2014
A couple of weeks ago I received a letter from HM Revenue & Customs, KAI Project Group, Customer Survey Team.
I am writing to ask for your help in a very important study the HM Revenue & Customs is carrying out. The aim of the study is to help us to provide a high quality service that enables out customers to understand and meet their tax oblgations and their entitlements.
We have appointed an independent research company, TNS BMRB, to contact a random sample of our customers to find out what they think of the service we provide. For example, were the forms and processes clear, and did you find it easy or difficult to contact us?
Representatives from TNS BMRB will be making telephone calls over the next few weeks. If they contact you we hope that you will be able to spare some time to take part in the survey. None of the questions will ask for details of your personal or organisation's tax affairs and TNS BMRB will not give us the names of those interviewed.
The letter does continue saying I could contact them for more information or opt not to participate.
I cannot tell from the letter as such as to if this is a survey of self assessment taxpayers or of tax agents. I got the phone call today and I was able to postpone the survey for a couple of weeks. It appears that they were targetting me as a tax agent rather than as a taxpayer.
So has any other tax agent received such a letter and participated in the survey. If so, what was involved in the survey?
Should I be concerned that I have been selected for this survey?
- another ir35!!!! 937 5
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 84 3
- I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes 490 6
- Soil Survey Required Mortgage 184 6
- What does it mean?? 142 2
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 52 2
- Donations/grants by a CIC 163 1
- VAT Registration 381 18
- Offsetting CIS tax suffered against CT 52 1
- Gifting shares 223 4
- Holding companies 98 4
- Is our client doing anything wrong? 635 5
- Childminding & Wear & Tear Allowance 65 1
- Notes to statutory accounts 177 9
- VAT on motor expenses 841 30
- Two clients (married to each other) disappeared from client list 160 4
- A question about share structure 164 2
- VAT & Landlords 102 2
- Client died family to pay redundancy 198 2
- Unusual Self Employment Expense Claims? 340 5
- Skandia using wrong address 1,522
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 838
- International interest certificate 455
- NOVA 313
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 200
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 197
- Bonus Bonds 197
- Management expenses for investment company 188
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 173
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 165