HMRC Customer Survey 2014
A couple of weeks ago I received a letter from HM Revenue & Customs, KAI Project Group, Customer Survey Team.
I am writing to ask for your help in a very important study the HM Revenue & Customs is carrying out. The aim of the study is to help us to provide a high quality service that enables out customers to understand and meet their tax oblgations and their entitlements.
We have appointed an independent research company, TNS BMRB, to contact a random sample of our customers to find out what they think of the service we provide. For example, were the forms and processes clear, and did you find it easy or difficult to contact us?
Representatives from TNS BMRB will be making telephone calls over the next few weeks. If they contact you we hope that you will be able to spare some time to take part in the survey. None of the questions will ask for details of your personal or organisation's tax affairs and TNS BMRB will not give us the names of those interviewed.
The letter does continue saying I could contact them for more information or opt not to participate.
I cannot tell from the letter as such as to if this is a survey of self assessment taxpayers or of tax agents. I got the phone call today and I was able to postpone the survey for a couple of weeks. It appears that they were targetting me as a tax agent rather than as a taxpayer.
So has any other tax agent received such a letter and participated in the survey. If so, what was involved in the survey?
Should I be concerned that I have been selected for this survey?
- Company Secretarial Software 1,355 30
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 627 9
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 219 7
- Real names 1,055 33
- Tools for conversion OST to PST files 24 1
- FRS to standard - check my understanding 106 2
- Tick & Bash Bristol 249 5
- What are options for non CA firm 1,553 19
- sole trader employing his girlfriend 1,914 17
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 1,906 11
- Can Sage 50 Forecasting work with Excel 2013 or Office 365 59 1
- What do "Former Contracted Out" rebates mean 112 1
- Downloads EU VAT from 1/1/15 158 4
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 455 22
- Are pre trading lossess able to be off set if the company does not trade? 87 2
- Accounting for VAT on an EU Acquisition 80 1
- Tax position re this lease? 153 2
- VAT on Training Courses 136 2
- No VAT apportionment on tools on hand at registration? 135 2
- Self employed travel expenses 164 3
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 577
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 451
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 351
- IFA incorporation 335
- Sorry ignore me 316
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 271
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 265
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 256
- Cancelled 197
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 165