HMRC Customer Survey 2014
A couple of weeks ago I received a letter from HM Revenue & Customs, KAI Project Group, Customer Survey Team.
I am writing to ask for your help in a very important study the HM Revenue & Customs is carrying out. The aim of the study is to help us to provide a high quality service that enables out customers to understand and meet their tax oblgations and their entitlements.
We have appointed an independent research company, TNS BMRB, to contact a random sample of our customers to find out what they think of the service we provide. For example, were the forms and processes clear, and did you find it easy or difficult to contact us?
Representatives from TNS BMRB will be making telephone calls over the next few weeks. If they contact you we hope that you will be able to spare some time to take part in the survey. None of the questions will ask for details of your personal or organisation's tax affairs and TNS BMRB will not give us the names of those interviewed.
The letter does continue saying I could contact them for more information or opt not to participate.
I cannot tell from the letter as such as to if this is a survey of self assessment taxpayers or of tax agents. I got the phone call today and I was able to postpone the survey for a couple of weeks. It appears that they were targetting me as a tax agent rather than as a taxpayer.
So has any other tax agent received such a letter and participated in the survey. If so, what was involved in the survey?
Should I be concerned that I have been selected for this survey?
- Splitting the tax year 147 2
- P11d & Medical Ins 179 2
- Should design costs be capitalised? 159 4
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 146 2
- Submitting tax return 99 1
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 197 3
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 253 8
- Director's tax return 328 7
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 99 1
- Sage Payroll 313 11
- Payroo Employer allowance query 206 6
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,065 33
- vat return 262 3
- Flat rate vat 149 1
- Value pricing 732 26
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 162 4
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 239 4
- Private residence relief with entrepreneur relief mix 293 4
- Reregister for VAT 161 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 209 6
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 805
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 557
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 424
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 302
- Free Tax Legislation? 272
- Director Loan account operation 253
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 251
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 244
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 231
- Paye procedures for CVA 164