HMRC Customer Survey 2014
A couple of weeks ago I received a letter from HM Revenue & Customs, KAI Project Group, Customer Survey Team.
I am writing to ask for your help in a very important study the HM Revenue & Customs is carrying out. The aim of the study is to help us to provide a high quality service that enables out customers to understand and meet their tax oblgations and their entitlements.
We have appointed an independent research company, TNS BMRB, to contact a random sample of our customers to find out what they think of the service we provide. For example, were the forms and processes clear, and did you find it easy or difficult to contact us?
Representatives from TNS BMRB will be making telephone calls over the next few weeks. If they contact you we hope that you will be able to spare some time to take part in the survey. None of the questions will ask for details of your personal or organisation's tax affairs and TNS BMRB will not give us the names of those interviewed.
The letter does continue saying I could contact them for more information or opt not to participate.
I cannot tell from the letter as such as to if this is a survey of self assessment taxpayers or of tax agents. I got the phone call today and I was able to postpone the survey for a couple of weeks. It appears that they were targetting me as a tax agent rather than as a taxpayer.
So has any other tax agent received such a letter and participated in the survey. If so, what was involved in the survey?
Should I be concerned that I have been selected for this survey?
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 325 9
- PITA client 436 5
- R&D tax credit claim 285 7
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 636 10
- One off meeting new client 1,187 10
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 1,209 20
- Child tax credits 120 2
- Deaf clients 602 6
- rental income since 2003 109 1
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,683 29
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 409 10
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,253 54
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 543 12
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 92 1
- Estate agent and VAT registration 240 4
- Sole-trader renting commmercial property from himself & spouse. 226 4
- Peer to Peer lending 1,080 8
- Small company audit 350 9
- Should VAT be charged when land is transferred as part of a TOGC 128 2
- CIC Company 508 6
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 614
- Cancelled 358
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 339
- Cancelled 293
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 269
- Probiz 260
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 219
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 207
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 193
- Car leasing scheme 193