HMRC Customer Survey 2014
A couple of weeks ago I received a letter from HM Revenue & Customs, KAI Project Group, Customer Survey Team.
I am writing to ask for your help in a very important study the HM Revenue & Customs is carrying out. The aim of the study is to help us to provide a high quality service that enables out customers to understand and meet their tax oblgations and their entitlements.
We have appointed an independent research company, TNS BMRB, to contact a random sample of our customers to find out what they think of the service we provide. For example, were the forms and processes clear, and did you find it easy or difficult to contact us?
Representatives from TNS BMRB will be making telephone calls over the next few weeks. If they contact you we hope that you will be able to spare some time to take part in the survey. None of the questions will ask for details of your personal or organisation's tax affairs and TNS BMRB will not give us the names of those interviewed.
The letter does continue saying I could contact them for more information or opt not to participate.
I cannot tell from the letter as such as to if this is a survey of self assessment taxpayers or of tax agents. I got the phone call today and I was able to postpone the survey for a couple of weeks. It appears that they were targetting me as a tax agent rather than as a taxpayer.
So has any other tax agent received such a letter and participated in the survey. If so, what was involved in the survey?
Should I be concerned that I have been selected for this survey?
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 367 5
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,179 30
- Treatment of private ambulances on introduction to business 148 4
- New Company reviews please 635 16
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 1,082 33
- Business only use of company car 747 27
- Voluntary Disclosure 405 8
- Gift to son by parents 169 1
- valuation of vehicles 494 19
- How to revise RTI for Moneysoft 292 4
- Director Salaries - Sole Director Limited Company who is also employed elsewhere 186 1
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 415 3
- Mortgage Interest - Tax Deductible 466 4
- BTC is slow 313 3
- Director registration for SA question 535 17
- Issues with freelancer taking zero salary from limited company 474 6
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 521 22
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 531 14
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 370 4
- VAT with Russia 288 2
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 325
- Any thoughts on Capium? 264
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 260
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 249
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 229
- auto enrolment 201
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 187
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 173
- How to account for investment in JV? 167
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 159