HMRC Customer Survey 2014
A couple of weeks ago I received a letter from HM Revenue & Customs, KAI Project Group, Customer Survey Team.
I am writing to ask for your help in a very important study the HM Revenue & Customs is carrying out. The aim of the study is to help us to provide a high quality service that enables out customers to understand and meet their tax oblgations and their entitlements.
We have appointed an independent research company, TNS BMRB, to contact a random sample of our customers to find out what they think of the service we provide. For example, were the forms and processes clear, and did you find it easy or difficult to contact us?
Representatives from TNS BMRB will be making telephone calls over the next few weeks. If they contact you we hope that you will be able to spare some time to take part in the survey. None of the questions will ask for details of your personal or organisation's tax affairs and TNS BMRB will not give us the names of those interviewed.
The letter does continue saying I could contact them for more information or opt not to participate.
I cannot tell from the letter as such as to if this is a survey of self assessment taxpayers or of tax agents. I got the phone call today and I was able to postpone the survey for a couple of weeks. It appears that they were targetting me as a tax agent rather than as a taxpayer.
So has any other tax agent received such a letter and participated in the survey. If so, what was involved in the survey?
Should I be concerned that I have been selected for this survey?
- What do your junior staff do? 444 6
- Overlap profit 252 5
- OMG HMRC !!!! Employ some ppl!! 570 12
- Keeping disastrous accounts 320 5
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 491 10
- VAT Exemptions for Dance Education 103 1
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,877 74
- In pratice using part time accountants 260 3
- Payments on account 100 1
- On the high seas 86 1
- Entrepreneurs Relief Shares Received as Part of Divorce Settlement 129 2
- RTI Payroll ID 976 22
- Spousal transfer and PPR 850 34
- Payroll question 127 2
- Where has Portia gone? 4,854 106
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 259 5
- Warning - "Central Register of Companies" con 214 3
- Goodwill On Incorporation 155 1
- CT600 for first year UK company trading abroad 187 13
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 344 5
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 840
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 439
- Sanzar 336
- How do you do it 330
- Digital marketing focus group 309
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 286
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 202
- Fit for purpose 197
- new investor structure 194
- VAT Registration 177