HMRC Customer Survey 2014
A couple of weeks ago I received a letter from HM Revenue & Customs, KAI Project Group, Customer Survey Team.
I am writing to ask for your help in a very important study the HM Revenue & Customs is carrying out. The aim of the study is to help us to provide a high quality service that enables out customers to understand and meet their tax oblgations and their entitlements.
We have appointed an independent research company, TNS BMRB, to contact a random sample of our customers to find out what they think of the service we provide. For example, were the forms and processes clear, and did you find it easy or difficult to contact us?
Representatives from TNS BMRB will be making telephone calls over the next few weeks. If they contact you we hope that you will be able to spare some time to take part in the survey. None of the questions will ask for details of your personal or organisation's tax affairs and TNS BMRB will not give us the names of those interviewed.
The letter does continue saying I could contact them for more information or opt not to participate.
I cannot tell from the letter as such as to if this is a survey of self assessment taxpayers or of tax agents. I got the phone call today and I was able to postpone the survey for a couple of weeks. It appears that they were targetting me as a tax agent rather than as a taxpayer.
So has any other tax agent received such a letter and participated in the survey. If so, what was involved in the survey?
Should I be concerned that I have been selected for this survey?
- Payroll experience for beginning AAT student 95 1
- Providing registered office address to clients 59 1
- Share premium or Directors Loan 757 31
- Enquiry into tax return - how co-operative would you be? 375 8
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 1,434 47
- Interest on HMRC contract settlement 175 3
- Goodwill gesture for providing work 454 12
- VAT reconciliation and VAT return on Sage 126 3
- What would you do in this situation? 192 5
- Filing a P87 (professional fees) before year end. 145 2
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 619 13
- More HMRC on gov.uk 650 11
- Rollover relief - when does gain crystallise in this situation? 100 1
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 348 14
- Interest Free Loan - Salay Sacrifice? 249 4
- Research and development - repayment timescale 222 5
- Sole trader hid directorships. 414 6
- NOVA 558 1
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 282 10
- Regional Development Grant 132 4
- Bonus Bonds 394
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 385
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 297
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 261
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 189
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 188
- Company Car Lease 161
- Finance Lease 158
- Form 42 151
- Demerger Reserve 132