HMRC Customer Survey 2014
A couple of weeks ago I received a letter from HM Revenue & Customs, KAI Project Group, Customer Survey Team.
I am writing to ask for your help in a very important study the HM Revenue & Customs is carrying out. The aim of the study is to help us to provide a high quality service that enables out customers to understand and meet their tax oblgations and their entitlements.
We have appointed an independent research company, TNS BMRB, to contact a random sample of our customers to find out what they think of the service we provide. For example, were the forms and processes clear, and did you find it easy or difficult to contact us?
Representatives from TNS BMRB will be making telephone calls over the next few weeks. If they contact you we hope that you will be able to spare some time to take part in the survey. None of the questions will ask for details of your personal or organisation's tax affairs and TNS BMRB will not give us the names of those interviewed.
The letter does continue saying I could contact them for more information or opt not to participate.
I cannot tell from the letter as such as to if this is a survey of self assessment taxpayers or of tax agents. I got the phone call today and I was able to postpone the survey for a couple of weeks. It appears that they were targetting me as a tax agent rather than as a taxpayer.
So has any other tax agent received such a letter and participated in the survey. If so, what was involved in the survey?
Should I be concerned that I have been selected for this survey?
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 1,350 51
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 29 1
- Virus Alert - VERY realistic aimed at acountants 278 4
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 221 9
- Company dividends 770 27
- Warning! Cannot pay SA tax at Post Office 793 21
- White van man 958 28
- Client forgot to sign paper return and has gone on holidays 415 13
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 66 3
- Charities and VAT 51 3
- How to value a business asset? 201 5
- FHL Expenses 74 2
- Has anyone experience of BPRA? 90 2
- how much to charge 145 4
- Do I pay VAT back to employer for my training?? 209 5
- FYAs on second-hand vans 135 5
- VAT Margin Schemes 99 1
- Anybody received an Employer Payment Booklet for 2015-2016? 145 4
- Investment from Friend 302 11
- VAT registration transfer 91 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 896
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 591
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 562
- Latest phishing scam 507
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 365
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 335
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 267
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 186
- Capital allowances in first basis period 169
- Sabbatical payments 166