HMRC Customer Survey 2014
A couple of weeks ago I received a letter from HM Revenue & Customs, KAI Project Group, Customer Survey Team.
I am writing to ask for your help in a very important study the HM Revenue & Customs is carrying out. The aim of the study is to help us to provide a high quality service that enables out customers to understand and meet their tax oblgations and their entitlements.
We have appointed an independent research company, TNS BMRB, to contact a random sample of our customers to find out what they think of the service we provide. For example, were the forms and processes clear, and did you find it easy or difficult to contact us?
Representatives from TNS BMRB will be making telephone calls over the next few weeks. If they contact you we hope that you will be able to spare some time to take part in the survey. None of the questions will ask for details of your personal or organisation's tax affairs and TNS BMRB will not give us the names of those interviewed.
The letter does continue saying I could contact them for more information or opt not to participate.
I cannot tell from the letter as such as to if this is a survey of self assessment taxpayers or of tax agents. I got the phone call today and I was able to postpone the survey for a couple of weeks. It appears that they were targetting me as a tax agent rather than as a taxpayer.
So has any other tax agent received such a letter and participated in the survey. If so, what was involved in the survey?
Should I be concerned that I have been selected for this survey?
- Reverse charge and EC sales list 68 2
- AIA or IFA 234 2
- CGT and Expenses on Property Rental Business 31 1
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,140 33
- Nominal Ledger of Company Accounts 158 6
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,317 19
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 757 12
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 52 1
- How much of your work is admin? 513 4
- Tax on income from discretionary trust in SATR 170 8
- Goodwill complications 206 3
- Late Registration for VAT 246 8
- Registering a company late 385 13
- Claiming pre-letting mortgage costs on first rental property 104 1
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 125 1
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 166 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 126 1
- Personal pension 303 5
- Directors taking money out of business, how to record in sage instant accounts. 163 2
- Director taking salary, dividends and consultancy fees? 260 1
- TheTax Donut 1,027
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 682
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 625
- Follower cases 489
- Limited company purchase of property 422
- Hive up 418
- corporate hierarchy 383
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 380
- LIVE chat, starting now 334
- Advice - 191