HMRC Customer Survey 2014
A couple of weeks ago I received a letter from HM Revenue & Customs, KAI Project Group, Customer Survey Team.
I am writing to ask for your help in a very important study the HM Revenue & Customs is carrying out. The aim of the study is to help us to provide a high quality service that enables out customers to understand and meet their tax oblgations and their entitlements.
We have appointed an independent research company, TNS BMRB, to contact a random sample of our customers to find out what they think of the service we provide. For example, were the forms and processes clear, and did you find it easy or difficult to contact us?
Representatives from TNS BMRB will be making telephone calls over the next few weeks. If they contact you we hope that you will be able to spare some time to take part in the survey. None of the questions will ask for details of your personal or organisation's tax affairs and TNS BMRB will not give us the names of those interviewed.
The letter does continue saying I could contact them for more information or opt not to participate.
I cannot tell from the letter as such as to if this is a survey of self assessment taxpayers or of tax agents. I got the phone call today and I was able to postpone the survey for a couple of weeks. It appears that they were targetting me as a tax agent rather than as a taxpayer.
So has any other tax agent received such a letter and participated in the survey. If so, what was involved in the survey?
Should I be concerned that I have been selected for this survey?
- Clients 607 12
- Starting new accounting business 201 4
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 437 10
- Bookkeeping software for cafe and VAT 22 1
- VAT Reg.for sole trader with 2 S/E 24 1
- Sage Payroll 71 1
- SAGE 50 - Invoice Date 99 2
- VAT flat rate scheme 413 8
- Tolley UK sales number 198 7
- Intermediaries reporting - who does it apply to? 103 2
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 339 14
- Are agent account managers any good? 129 2
- Is the annual Money Laundering Payment tax allowable 143 1
- Non Resident Landlord Scheme - Penalties 64 3
- VAT registration - which address? 65 1
- Leaving the flat rate scheme 85 2
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 226 4
- On line Remote Training 243 7
- Group Relief 80 1
- Sage 200 vatable journal? 103 4
- QROP pension input amounts 490
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 470
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 436
- EPS and CIS deductions 291
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 282
- Construction CIS LLP Company 273
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 236
- SAGE winforecast 196
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 179
- Overdrawn director account 171