HMRC Customer Survey 2014
A couple of weeks ago I received a letter from HM Revenue & Customs, KAI Project Group, Customer Survey Team.
I am writing to ask for your help in a very important study the HM Revenue & Customs is carrying out. The aim of the study is to help us to provide a high quality service that enables out customers to understand and meet their tax oblgations and their entitlements.
We have appointed an independent research company, TNS BMRB, to contact a random sample of our customers to find out what they think of the service we provide. For example, were the forms and processes clear, and did you find it easy or difficult to contact us?
Representatives from TNS BMRB will be making telephone calls over the next few weeks. If they contact you we hope that you will be able to spare some time to take part in the survey. None of the questions will ask for details of your personal or organisation's tax affairs and TNS BMRB will not give us the names of those interviewed.
The letter does continue saying I could contact them for more information or opt not to participate.
I cannot tell from the letter as such as to if this is a survey of self assessment taxpayers or of tax agents. I got the phone call today and I was able to postpone the survey for a couple of weeks. It appears that they were targetting me as a tax agent rather than as a taxpayer.
So has any other tax agent received such a letter and participated in the survey. If so, what was involved in the survey?
Should I be concerned that I have been selected for this survey?
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 638 14
- Finding mobile numbers for clients we have lost contact with 295 4
- Can you have two types of sales? Sales with VAT and Sale without VAT? 212 6
- The importance of Grammar 1,923 56
- Tax treatment of gift of expensive watch 534 11
- 2 companies, one payroll 243 8
- Freelance/Employee 426 10
- Freehold management company 160 3
- Volontaire International en Entreprise (VIE) 226 6
- System selection 244 3
- Student Loan Box in Year Repaid 155 1
- Director Liability 155 2
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 196 4
- How do I answer a W-8BEN-E question (USA IRS) 396 4
- exemptions from CIS 273 6
- Directors exempt from AE? 591 10
- Xero Pain Points 663 20
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 297 13
- Client Require Tax Return and Profit and Loss for Housing Benefit claim 275 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,740 56
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 395
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 359
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 341
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 319
- Electric Car 269
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 232
- S222 Charge 232
- Company Structure 210
- Travel and Subsistence Expenses 177
- IP trans to holding company 171