HMRC helpline - no help or no hope?
Is it just me or does every one feel the same?
The helpline is now just not fit for purpose. When you do finally get through after playing find the magic number sequence, they will not discuss anything of any substance, hiding behind data protection or just damned unhelpful?
In my view, they simply no longer have the necessary number of staff to handle tax.
- Here we go.... 469 17
- trading losses allowable? 640 9
- Salary Sacrifce School Fees Self Assessment 214 11
- VAT - Check on clients business 752 30
- Repaying Directors Loans within 9 months 618 21
- Community Faux Pas 536 19
- Probate services 261 2
- Group relief for CT 98 2
- Practical experience 754 14
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,225 23
- How do others remember to do things you promise for different clients? What systems? 1,503 32
- Which VAT rate to use 101 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 247 3
- Do I need to register for VAT 295 13
- Post AAT? 558 2
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 1,960 35
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 319 5
- check v enquiry v discovery 225 2
- Amend a 2010/11 return 303 4
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,385 23