HMRC helpline - no help or no hope?
Is it just me or does every one feel the same?
The helpline is now just not fit for purpose. When you do finally get through after playing find the magic number sequence, they will not discuss anything of any substance, hiding behind data protection or just damned unhelpful?
In my view, they simply no longer have the necessary number of staff to handle tax.
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 977 27
- Inflation and fees 1,306 24
- Sage Priority Support 142 3
- incorrect old p60 250 5
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 126 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 799 24
- Micro-entity accounts 86 1
- Related party disclosure 145 3
- Company reconstruction 74 1
- Missing tax return 256 3
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 209 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 104 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 139 1
- Advice please! 388 2
- VAT on new builds 155 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 120 1
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 350 6
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,945 28
- Redundancy Pay 447 6
- Entertaining - am I missing something or is my client taking the mickey 738 6