HMRC Letter re VAT on Toasted Subway sandwiches
A client has received a letter from HMRC accusing them of not charging VAT on all of their toasted sandwiches. They came to this conclusion comparing average VAT rates vs my clients VAT submissions.
HMRC has asked the client to recalculate what the VAT should have been should he have charged the VAT correctly. The client hasn't said to me what the process is re the actual treatment of the VAT is in the business. I constantly warn my Subway clients that HMRC has been focusing on this.
What advice do you have for me and the client - do we go to HMRC with our tails between our legs or seek legal advice?
- incorrect old p60 363 9
- Turnover on a tax return 88 6
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 221 3
- VAT refund 91 1
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 196 3
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 175 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 253 3
- Missing tax return 357 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,088 30
- Inflation and fees 1,389 24
- Sage Priority Support 177 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 833 24
- Micro-entity accounts 253 1
- Related party disclosure 216 3
- Company reconstruction 152 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 240 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 159 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 180 1
- Advice please! 427 2
- VAT on new builds 190 3