HMRC - A pat on the back
Not a question but I've started so I've finished.
Recently had dealings with HMRC in relation to farily complex VAT issues.
HMRC get quite a bad write up on here and I admit/agree that most of the criticism is justified. The frustration at the recorded messages, endless ringing out, slow updates, daft security questions not to mention lost half hours here and there that all add up.
However, the recent dealings I've had with HMRC in relation to VAT have actually been quite enjoyable! The team and our primary contact knew their stuff and were first class as far as communication and the assistance offered - even no and again showing a sense of humour and common sense.
So, just a pat on the back for HMRC in this case, they are widely criticised but in this instance were absolutely spot on.
I await the sarcastic replies.........
Must be a Friday feeling
- Can a company claim R&D relief under both the SME and large company schemes? 62 1
- CIS and Xero 255 1
- Mortgage Reference 846 12
- AMAP on borrowed car?? 193 7
- Retrospective VAT Query 124 2
- property capital gains 395 4
- VAT joint margin scheme arrangement 82 1
- Chargeable Event - life insurance bond written in trust 121 2
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 283 8
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 865 9
- Tips on meals 558 5
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,331 15
- S.455 Tax again 451 9
- Overdrawn directors loans and insolvent winding up 190 3
- Closing down loss-making company 795 15
- Stumped - IHT 611 8
- Can any cloud accounting package cope with operating a Foreign Branch and UK Head Office? 160 1
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 499 3
- Entrepreneur relief and deduction of Amortisation of Goodwill Pre2002 417 14
- co-operatives & Societies 132 1
- ACCA Shenanigans subject of EDM 980
- Members in Public Practice 594
- Oplex Careers CPD 363
- Payroll manager and the cloud 290
- Is the APN valid 240
- Treatment of EIS relate back? 236
- Institute of Customer Services 235
- Kashflow payroll 227
- Class 4 NI due on 2 self employments 223
- Continuity of Practice 206