HMRC - A pat on the back
Not a question but I've started so I've finished.
Recently had dealings with HMRC in relation to farily complex VAT issues.
HMRC get quite a bad write up on here and I admit/agree that most of the criticism is justified. The frustration at the recorded messages, endless ringing out, slow updates, daft security questions not to mention lost half hours here and there that all add up.
However, the recent dealings I've had with HMRC in relation to VAT have actually been quite enjoyable! The team and our primary contact knew their stuff and were first class as far as communication and the assistance offered - even no and again showing a sense of humour and common sense.
So, just a pat on the back for HMRC in this case, they are widely criticised but in this instance were absolutely spot on.
I await the sarcastic replies.........
Must be a Friday feeling
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 189 4
- SA302 282 6
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 242 4
- Go Cardless 331 9
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 219 3
- Hmrc software 227 3
- Mehjoo 267 1
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 113 1
- Hosted email exchange 174 5
- South African Government Pension 181 1
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 169 3
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 291 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 310 13
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 246 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 150 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 289 7
- New Email Extensions 203 1
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 321 2
- Dental practice incorpration 157 1
- Audit rules 185 4
- Xtuple 511
- Qtac payroll for bureau 350
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 294
- Industrial & Provident Societies 285
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 228
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 181
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 179
- Domain name sale and limited company 173
- CIS schemes 164
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 147