HMRC - A pat on the back
Not a question but I've started so I've finished.
Recently had dealings with HMRC in relation to farily complex VAT issues.
HMRC get quite a bad write up on here and I admit/agree that most of the criticism is justified. The frustration at the recorded messages, endless ringing out, slow updates, daft security questions not to mention lost half hours here and there that all add up.
However, the recent dealings I've had with HMRC in relation to VAT have actually been quite enjoyable! The team and our primary contact knew their stuff and were first class as far as communication and the assistance offered - even no and again showing a sense of humour and common sense.
So, just a pat on the back for HMRC in this case, they are widely criticised but in this instance were absolutely spot on.
I await the sarcastic replies.........
Must be a Friday feeling
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 237 8
- VAT flat rate scheme 154 2
- Client cash balances, on or off-balance sheet for full service brokerage firm 229 4
- Client information from previous accountant 39 1
- Closing down - who should buy whom? 70 2
- How long do legal aid take to pay? 61 1
- Two questions re client meetings and TR Fees 353 5
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 218 2
- Liability account to deal with loans from owner 118 5
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,652 31
- PAYE NI 97 2
- quote for winding down two companies and file accounts 104 1
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 820 14
- How much to charge? 694 10
- break even point 1,002 30
- Trustee in Bankruptcy 171 5
- Accomodation and travel 204 1
- Unpaid Fee's 348 6
- Issue with a software supplier 232 4
- Is there a requirement to clearly state the amount of a bill? 304 5
- Possible Partnership? 511
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 491
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 466
- New Fangled Penalties 307
- Clubs and Taxable Income 258
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 257
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 250
- Loans to other companies 192
- Tasbook email configuration 183
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 167