HMRC - A pat on the back
Not a question but I've started so I've finished.
Recently had dealings with HMRC in relation to farily complex VAT issues.
HMRC get quite a bad write up on here and I admit/agree that most of the criticism is justified. The frustration at the recorded messages, endless ringing out, slow updates, daft security questions not to mention lost half hours here and there that all add up.
However, the recent dealings I've had with HMRC in relation to VAT have actually been quite enjoyable! The team and our primary contact knew their stuff and were first class as far as communication and the assistance offered - even no and again showing a sense of humour and common sense.
So, just a pat on the back for HMRC in this case, they are widely criticised but in this instance were absolutely spot on.
I await the sarcastic replies.........
Must be a Friday feeling
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 752 5
- See you all on the other side 767 6
- 12Pay 540 2
- dividends 751 2
- R&D 366 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,228 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 480 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 481 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 434 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 580 5
- Seeking a tax case 691 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 552 4
- Companies house strike off 664 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 495 2
- Moving to the cloud 789 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 230 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 949 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 235 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,123 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 542 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 578
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 432
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 381
- IRIS and FRS 102 369
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 356
- Marginal rates of tax 354
- Capitalising Finance Lease 347
- Class 2 NI 337
- USA help 329
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 311