HMRC - A pat on the back
Not a question but I've started so I've finished.
Recently had dealings with HMRC in relation to farily complex VAT issues.
HMRC get quite a bad write up on here and I admit/agree that most of the criticism is justified. The frustration at the recorded messages, endless ringing out, slow updates, daft security questions not to mention lost half hours here and there that all add up.
However, the recent dealings I've had with HMRC in relation to VAT have actually been quite enjoyable! The team and our primary contact knew their stuff and were first class as far as communication and the assistance offered - even no and again showing a sense of humour and common sense.
So, just a pat on the back for HMRC in this case, they are widely criticised but in this instance were absolutely spot on.
I await the sarcastic replies.........
Must be a Friday feeling
- Top slicing relief question 112 2
- Share swap 179 3
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 344 4
- Reverse charge - do you always book it? 172 4
- Is our client doing anything wrong? 253 2
- Auto enrolment 238 4
- Tax on sale of shares 149 3
- Accountants' Error 840 17
- Previous accountant filed dormant accounts in error 326 3
- Unclaimed amortisation of goodwill 217 6
- Shareholder agreement 219 5
- VAT - time of supply 78 2
- Let Property Campaign & DO2 101 1
- Regaining my qualification 306 3
- Scoot 256 5
- Remittances 128 1
- Import Sales Invoices into Sage Instant 117 1
- Corporation tax due date confusion 161 2
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,537 21
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 177 5
- Skandia using wrong address 1,462
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 779
- Any views 710
- HMRC Employers Diary 528
- International interest certificate 428
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 398
- Sale of business 360
- NOVA 266
- Advertising services? 263
- IRIS Open Books problem 257