HMRC - A pat on the back
Not a question but I've started so I've finished.
Recently had dealings with HMRC in relation to farily complex VAT issues.
HMRC get quite a bad write up on here and I admit/agree that most of the criticism is justified. The frustration at the recorded messages, endless ringing out, slow updates, daft security questions not to mention lost half hours here and there that all add up.
However, the recent dealings I've had with HMRC in relation to VAT have actually been quite enjoyable! The team and our primary contact knew their stuff and were first class as far as communication and the assistance offered - even no and again showing a sense of humour and common sense.
So, just a pat on the back for HMRC in this case, they are widely criticised but in this instance were absolutely spot on.
I await the sarcastic replies.........
Must be a Friday feeling
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 67 2
- Director's tax return 144 3
- Tricky VAT question 57 1
- Wrong career 346 15
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 80 2
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 191 6
- VT accounts licence key 190 5
- Weely paid employees 183 2
- Splitting the tax year 43 1
- FPS Submission 94 2
- PTP software disaster 168 1
- Value pricing 625 20
- non resident receiving UK dividends 194 3
- P11d & Medical Ins 99 1
- vat return 206 1
- Underpaid National Insurance 153 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,955 31
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 152 3
- reporting salary? 246 5
- Other forums 203 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 781
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 534
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 405
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 286
- Free Tax Legislation? 240
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 230
- Director Loan account operation 224
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 221
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 216
- Paye procedures for CVA 154