HMRC - A pat on the back
Not a question but I've started so I've finished.
Recently had dealings with HMRC in relation to farily complex VAT issues.
HMRC get quite a bad write up on here and I admit/agree that most of the criticism is justified. The frustration at the recorded messages, endless ringing out, slow updates, daft security questions not to mention lost half hours here and there that all add up.
However, the recent dealings I've had with HMRC in relation to VAT have actually been quite enjoyable! The team and our primary contact knew their stuff and were first class as far as communication and the assistance offered - even no and again showing a sense of humour and common sense.
So, just a pat on the back for HMRC in this case, they are widely criticised but in this instance were absolutely spot on.
I await the sarcastic replies.........
Must be a Friday feeling
- Direct payment schene 96 4
- Accountex flash mob 188 6
- Employment Allowance 54 1
- New desktop accounting and payroll, help, please 220 7
- Capital introduction 130 2
- Property sale split between years 225 8
- Group structure - transfer of shares 37 1
- Getting fees, getting harder? 1,042 27
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 1,149 37
- Classes 2 and 4 NI for sole trader also employed 133 2
- Rogue Accountant 1,213 35
- Quickbooks Desktop - 14/15 Employment Allowance 267 8
- CIS Deductions 285 8
- sole trader to ltd company 176 2
- Spousal transfer and PPR 331 10
- Personal bank account in limited company 288 7
- Dual taxation - usa 193 2
- CGT on residential property for a non resident and PPR relief 133 1
- Timing of LTD CIS rebates 293 10
- Inheritance Tax Advice 157 1
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 642
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 405
- Pensions Regulator 379
- RTI - duplicate employee record 327
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 325
- Using the correct forms 300
- SA penalty proposals 298
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 278
- Digital marketing focus group 198
- Sage Vat return box 2 192