HMRC - A pat on the back
Not a question but I've started so I've finished.
Recently had dealings with HMRC in relation to farily complex VAT issues.
HMRC get quite a bad write up on here and I admit/agree that most of the criticism is justified. The frustration at the recorded messages, endless ringing out, slow updates, daft security questions not to mention lost half hours here and there that all add up.
However, the recent dealings I've had with HMRC in relation to VAT have actually been quite enjoyable! The team and our primary contact knew their stuff and were first class as far as communication and the assistance offered - even no and again showing a sense of humour and common sense.
So, just a pat on the back for HMRC in this case, they are widely criticised but in this instance were absolutely spot on.
I await the sarcastic replies.........
Must be a Friday feeling
- Highlighting a line on cell click 34 4
- P60 Plain Paper from Sage Payroll 323 14
- Looking for free PDF creator 1,433 42
- Is an apprenticship classed as another job for PAYE RTI rules 161 1
- Moving from Moneysoft to another payroll product 485 12
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,948 65
- Client refusing to change basis period 117 2
- Companies House Authentication code 135 5
- RBS asking client to switch accountant 404 5
- Free accounts system for small business? 335 6
- Payroll Software Recommendations 287 9
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 642 15
- Rights of Alphabet shares 342 13
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 256 3
- Company paying out on guarantee 127 4
- Incorporation and goodwill 291 5
- Industrial & Provident Societies 401 4
- Domain name sale and limited company 278 1
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 288 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 1,841 14
- Xtuple 585
- Qtac payroll for bureau 410
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 355
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 228
- Tax on damages received 207
- Accounts consolidation spreadsheet 167
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 164
- PTP Software 148
- Accounting for commercial lease with break clause 141
- Software for Belgium Company 137