HMRC - A pat on the back
Not a question but I've started so I've finished.
Recently had dealings with HMRC in relation to farily complex VAT issues.
HMRC get quite a bad write up on here and I admit/agree that most of the criticism is justified. The frustration at the recorded messages, endless ringing out, slow updates, daft security questions not to mention lost half hours here and there that all add up.
However, the recent dealings I've had with HMRC in relation to VAT have actually been quite enjoyable! The team and our primary contact knew their stuff and were first class as far as communication and the assistance offered - even no and again showing a sense of humour and common sense.
So, just a pat on the back for HMRC in this case, they are widely criticised but in this instance were absolutely spot on.
I await the sarcastic replies.........
Must be a Friday feeling
- Tax relief when working away 118 3
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 232 9
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,296 20
- Designated sole Residence 220 5
- A little knowledge 221 5
- Scratch Head 323 1
- Year end 249 2
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 314 13
- Clothing 624 19
- Investment properties/freehold land 150 6
- Parent and subsidiary... 180 5
- Identity check problem 1,508 14
- No tax returns for 6 year 183 1
- Capital allowances on Software 232 2
- Trading Losses - 3 Year Carry Back 124 3
- Company director and KIT days 131 1
- client can't/won't pay 2,193 50
- Anybody still doing returns? 895 34
- Digita in the cloud 91 1
- Change to PAYE TAX CODE 253 7
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 960
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 684
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 631
- Latest phishing scam 608
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 446
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 331
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 263
- Sabbatical payments 223
- Still Christmas at HMRC? 207
- Negligible Value Claim 203