HMRC - A pat on the back
Not a question but I've started so I've finished.
Recently had dealings with HMRC in relation to farily complex VAT issues.
HMRC get quite a bad write up on here and I admit/agree that most of the criticism is justified. The frustration at the recorded messages, endless ringing out, slow updates, daft security questions not to mention lost half hours here and there that all add up.
However, the recent dealings I've had with HMRC in relation to VAT have actually been quite enjoyable! The team and our primary contact knew their stuff and were first class as far as communication and the assistance offered - even no and again showing a sense of humour and common sense.
So, just a pat on the back for HMRC in this case, they are widely criticised but in this instance were absolutely spot on.
I await the sarcastic replies.........
Must be a Friday feeling
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 207 3
- Continuity of Practice 140 2
- IRIS Professional Yearend 98 2
- Letting Agents - requirement for audit of clients accounts 296 10
- Scams are not always obvious 2,169 34
- Financial statements accounting policies 235 5
- Does Members voluntary liquidation require change of year end 133 3
- Market Value/Connected Persons 286 10
- Online Downtime 328 4
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 314 3
- FPS or EPS 91 1
- What do you all do in your spare time? 775 31
- Personal allowance 668 15
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 169 2
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 1,944 16
- Google contacts sharing within our domain 442 6
- New Fangled Penalties 1,115 1
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 318 3
- New client has not reported director's pay by RTI 395 10
- VAT on employee loan 304 5
- Moving away from CCH software 943
- QROP pension input amounts 434
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 376
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 351
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 317
- fraud 276
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 248
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 216
- Construction CIS LLP Company 205
- EPS and CIS deductions 191