HMRC - A pat on the back
Not a question but I've started so I've finished.
Recently had dealings with HMRC in relation to farily complex VAT issues.
HMRC get quite a bad write up on here and I admit/agree that most of the criticism is justified. The frustration at the recorded messages, endless ringing out, slow updates, daft security questions not to mention lost half hours here and there that all add up.
However, the recent dealings I've had with HMRC in relation to VAT have actually been quite enjoyable! The team and our primary contact knew their stuff and were first class as far as communication and the assistance offered - even no and again showing a sense of humour and common sense.
So, just a pat on the back for HMRC in this case, they are widely criticised but in this instance were absolutely spot on.
I await the sarcastic replies.........
Must be a Friday feeling
- MAAT vs ACCA 550 11
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,354 39
- Flat rate VAT 274 6
- Redundancy pay for directors? 1,194 15
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,776 72
- CRM systems? 79 2
- Accountancy Career 544 13
- Help with HMRC investigation 514 9
- Vat on Payments on Account 123 3
- Estate agents - shared commission 199 5
- Yorkshire Day 360 25
- E-Magazines and pdfs 82 1
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 922 25
- Deleted question? 288 3
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 1,181 22
- EU VAT Registration Thresholds 106 5
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 113 3
- calculation DTR restriction 155 4
- Company Limited Liability vs Public Liability Insruance 75 1
- Company no longer showing on Companies House web site 197 4
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 558
- Cancelled 443
- Cancelled 371
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 368
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 345
- Probiz 344
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 249
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 222
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 213
- More spam 173