HMRC - A pat on the back
Not a question but I've started so I've finished.
Recently had dealings with HMRC in relation to farily complex VAT issues.
HMRC get quite a bad write up on here and I admit/agree that most of the criticism is justified. The frustration at the recorded messages, endless ringing out, slow updates, daft security questions not to mention lost half hours here and there that all add up.
However, the recent dealings I've had with HMRC in relation to VAT have actually been quite enjoyable! The team and our primary contact knew their stuff and were first class as far as communication and the assistance offered - even no and again showing a sense of humour and common sense.
So, just a pat on the back for HMRC in this case, they are widely criticised but in this instance were absolutely spot on.
I await the sarcastic replies.........
Must be a Friday feeling
- ITS HAPPENED AGAIN SPAM SPAM SPAM 447 12
- How to convert a pdf file to.. 174 2
- Gross Profit Margin- motor vehicle mechanic 132 1
- CGT on house within Limited Company 300 10
- Subsistence Claims 322 3
- India Capital Gain 161 2
- Late filing penalties refunded 131 1
- Fee reasonable or OTT? 364 7
- Pressure to upgrade from Sage 50 Accounts 2013 226 4
- Why won't CH validate accounts? 556 12
- Care Home - Job Price 308 5
- Fee headache 509 4
- Dormant payroll 762 7
- Switch from Sage CT to Digita CT? 138 1
- Our French VAT registered supplier is supplying our French VAT registered customer directly with goods but is invoicing us (a VAT registered UK company). Can I ask them not to charge us VAT? 313 7
- An opportunity to 'vent' your annoyance/anger? 1,552 12
- Interest on Loan to External Individual 147 1
- This feels wrong.... 1,609 21
- Overlap relief 408 10
- Subsistence expenses paid directly from company account 222 2
- Is this Tax Deductible??? 513
- Theatre Tax Relief 422
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 330
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 311
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 288
- Perkbox 238
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 226
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 221
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 200
- Document Management Systems 198