HMRC - A pat on the back
Not a question but I've started so I've finished.
Recently had dealings with HMRC in relation to farily complex VAT issues.
HMRC get quite a bad write up on here and I admit/agree that most of the criticism is justified. The frustration at the recorded messages, endless ringing out, slow updates, daft security questions not to mention lost half hours here and there that all add up.
However, the recent dealings I've had with HMRC in relation to VAT have actually been quite enjoyable! The team and our primary contact knew their stuff and were first class as far as communication and the assistance offered - even no and again showing a sense of humour and common sense.
So, just a pat on the back for HMRC in this case, they are widely criticised but in this instance were absolutely spot on.
I await the sarcastic replies.........
Must be a Friday feeling
- Why Shoebuy Coupon Shopping Made Easy With These Expert Tips? 90 5
- Accountancy packages for FRS 102 123 4
- Penalties for non-filing of EC Sales List 109 2
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 1,067 21
- PAYE 41 1
- Any Scottish members out there? 9,660 352
- Lexis Nexis 3 Month Cancellation Notice 67 2
- Mutual trading organisation paying tax for the first time 70 3
- Would Director's dividends on non-voting C shares risk being classed as "earnings" for NIC purposes? 306 3
- VAT on Pub Kitchen Franchise 89 2
- Sportman claiming for training kit 257 7
- Can anyone recommend a good document scanner? 496 10
- How to cancel a partnership registration for self assessment 88 2
- Complicated freehold purchase and CA 99 1
- Declined for business bank account 784 10
- UTR reallocated by HMRC 257 3
- Vat on Royalites 137 2
- Accounting for share for share 125 6
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,413 6
- What accounting software packages are best for restaurants? 234 5
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,200
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 414
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 318
- National Insurance 316
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 263
- FRS 102 and loans from a director 263
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 241
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 237
- Non Resident 231
- Franchise income and costs 214