HMRC - A pat on the back
Not a question but I've started so I've finished.
Recently had dealings with HMRC in relation to farily complex VAT issues.
HMRC get quite a bad write up on here and I admit/agree that most of the criticism is justified. The frustration at the recorded messages, endless ringing out, slow updates, daft security questions not to mention lost half hours here and there that all add up.
However, the recent dealings I've had with HMRC in relation to VAT have actually been quite enjoyable! The team and our primary contact knew their stuff and were first class as far as communication and the assistance offered - even no and again showing a sense of humour and common sense.
So, just a pat on the back for HMRC in this case, they are widely criticised but in this instance were absolutely spot on.
I await the sarcastic replies.........
Must be a Friday feeling
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 314 13
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 277 8
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 118 5
- Accounting software integration with self assessment 63 1
- Excel query 157 4
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 1,054 15
- Capital allowances or revenue is capital? 152 3
- Agent authorisation for RTI filing 29 1
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,336 14
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 569 9
- Payment on account penalties 160 4
- How much did you pay for your website 1,703 29
- any implications of this type of transaction 98 2
- Mem & Arts - Multiple Share Classes & Rights 110 1
- Does IR35 apply? 110 1
- Sage data 116 1
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 426 9
- Limited company buying a car 368 6
- Funding Circle experience 174 3
- Tax on free shares 166 5
- CTA study material 809
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 500
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 462
- Employment related securities question 327
- AIM Stocks and IHT 313
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 287
- Expat pension contributions? 284
- Trust for Employee 258
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 243
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 162