HMRC - A pat on the back
Not a question but I've started so I've finished.
Recently had dealings with HMRC in relation to farily complex VAT issues.
HMRC get quite a bad write up on here and I admit/agree that most of the criticism is justified. The frustration at the recorded messages, endless ringing out, slow updates, daft security questions not to mention lost half hours here and there that all add up.
However, the recent dealings I've had with HMRC in relation to VAT have actually been quite enjoyable! The team and our primary contact knew their stuff and were first class as far as communication and the assistance offered - even no and again showing a sense of humour and common sense.
So, just a pat on the back for HMRC in this case, they are widely criticised but in this instance were absolutely spot on.
I await the sarcastic replies.........
Must be a Friday feeling
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 295 9
- Non VAT invoices 170 4
- Time to ditch Sage? 178 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 256 8
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 166 2
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,373 32
- Fees 193 1
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 246 5
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 210 2
- Form 17 Download 129 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 545 28
- Small hotel - food for personal use 376 4
- HMRC Information notice 988 24
- Recommendations for online payroll software 274 3
- Accountant Specialization. 381 5
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,754 42
- Sage Line 50 174 3
- Off topic slightly - any football fans out there? 195 1
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 458 6
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 405 7
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 759
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 414
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 364
- Electric Car 299
- S222 Charge 245
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 205
- IP trans to holding company 195
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 184
- AIA 180
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 178