HMRC payment plans - anyone any experience?
I have a client who has an outstanding SA tax bill of some £10,000. The clients business failed and they made payment plans with all creditors including HMRC. The client is now working full time as an employee.
HMRC agreed a payment plan last year whereby the client could repay the debt over 15 years based on all they could afford to pay and this was confirmed in writing. All agreed payments have been paid on the due dates and I have no doubts whatsoever that the client will pay the debt in full.
They are now harassing the client and suggesting the payment plan must be reviewed and may be cancelled.
It seems a very unusual way to deal with someone to suddenly re-open the case and seek to amend an agreed plan.
Its causing the client a huge amount of stress - any suggestions?
I am considering a complaint but am uncertain of the best way forward.
- CGT on selling company shares 104 5
- VAT dergistration confirmation? 59 2
- Letter saying client is IR35 compliant 358 4
- Moneysoft Payroll 634 15
- transfer of invesments from company name to individual 69 1
- Property gift to sister 253 7
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 1,668 28
- do i need an online accounting software 94 2
- VAT Triangulation Service UK - UK - EC 156 3
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 2,600 28
- Who gets the CGT deduction 276 4
- Buying a company for £20,000 from owner how it works? 645 9
- VAT training 371 4
- Mixing up NI numbers under RTI 281 7
- 31st october deadline 398 6
- RTI Late Registration query 156 1
- Treatment of one-off payments to non-employees 265 2
- Payroll software 196 1
- Accounting for display stands 283 7
- Companies House Search 334 3
- NHS finance professionals 713
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 431
- Foreign Pension Contribution 407
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 390
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 387
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 345
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 308
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 289
- IFA income recognition & reporting 228
- Incorporating doctors 227