HMRC payment plans - anyone any experience?
I have a client who has an outstanding SA tax bill of some £10,000. The clients business failed and they made payment plans with all creditors including HMRC. The client is now working full time as an employee.
HMRC agreed a payment plan last year whereby the client could repay the debt over 15 years based on all they could afford to pay and this was confirmed in writing. All agreed payments have been paid on the due dates and I have no doubts whatsoever that the client will pay the debt in full.
They are now harassing the client and suggesting the payment plan must be reviewed and may be cancelled.
It seems a very unusual way to deal with someone to suddenly re-open the case and seek to amend an agreed plan.
Its causing the client a huge amount of stress - any suggestions?
I am considering a complaint but am uncertain of the best way forward.
- What is the role of an accountant? 362 13
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 235 1
- P11D Query 134 4
- 100% Xero practice 2,237 40
- Out of Date Returns, CIS and Determination 59 3
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,316 25
- Company Accounts 428 8
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 78 2
- Lexis Nexis 3 Month Cancellation Notice 277 7
- EIS/SEIS capital gains exemption 187 4
- VAT on introducer fees 113 2
- Investor wants shares. How does that work? 69 2
- Pay-slip date & Pay-ment Date 191 12
- Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) 318 18
- Scottish but not UK 273 7
- Pension Contributions Relief 260 9
- VAT Fuel Scale Charge for Fuel on Private/Personal Car 281 5
- Any Scottish members out there? 10,166 362
- CIS 348 11
- Difference of Sales Invoices and Bank receipts for Sales 128 5
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,220
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 428
- National Insurance 327
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 320
- Non Resident 251
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 250
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 240
- Franchise income and costs 219
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 154
- Hands on experience of Digita 152