HMRC payment plans - anyone any experience?
I have a client who has an outstanding SA tax bill of some £10,000. The clients business failed and they made payment plans with all creditors including HMRC. The client is now working full time as an employee.
HMRC agreed a payment plan last year whereby the client could repay the debt over 15 years based on all they could afford to pay and this was confirmed in writing. All agreed payments have been paid on the due dates and I have no doubts whatsoever that the client will pay the debt in full.
They are now harassing the client and suggesting the payment plan must be reviewed and may be cancelled.
It seems a very unusual way to deal with someone to suddenly re-open the case and seek to amend an agreed plan.
Its causing the client a huge amount of stress - any suggestions?
I am considering a complaint but am uncertain of the best way forward.
- ITTOIA 2005 s629 59 4
- Do we have to register for VAT? 77 4
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,599 88
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 43 2
- Director remuneration £1000 only in year. paye registration required? 222 3
- Paying 31 January 2015 income tax by instalments 1,314 19
- Paperless practices - do you keep any paper records? 793 24
- Might income tax be payable on these gifts? 258 4
- Non resident income. 287 15
- Unbelievable!! 89 1
- Use of home deduction 642 21
- How to pay? 125 6
- Are you qualified and wanting to work flexible hours from home? 87 1
- Relevant earnings and losses 136 3
- White van man 733 25
- Car Allowance and Fuel Card for Business Mileage 124 2
- Comany ceasing to trade 241 7
- Death of taxpayer - personal allowance 341 9
- Urgent question on company accounting period before it become dormant 54 1
- Advice on letting a client go ? 185 4
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 861
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 553
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 521
- Latest phishing scam 417
- Entrepreneurs' relief 385
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 342
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 324
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 308
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 218
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 199