HMRC payment plans - anyone any experience?
I have a client who has an outstanding SA tax bill of some £10,000. The clients business failed and they made payment plans with all creditors including HMRC. The client is now working full time as an employee.
HMRC agreed a payment plan last year whereby the client could repay the debt over 15 years based on all they could afford to pay and this was confirmed in writing. All agreed payments have been paid on the due dates and I have no doubts whatsoever that the client will pay the debt in full.
They are now harassing the client and suggesting the payment plan must be reviewed and may be cancelled.
It seems a very unusual way to deal with someone to suddenly re-open the case and seek to amend an agreed plan.
Its causing the client a huge amount of stress - any suggestions?
I am considering a complaint but am uncertain of the best way forward.
- Matching of tax return to P60 110 3
- VAT chargeable or not? 34 1
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 203 8
- find-accountants.com 107 1
- Can you get tax deduction for legal fees on sale of debtors 105 4
- Related Parties Note 159 4
- Business Christmas Greetings 1,041 20
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,220 53
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 778 22
- what time is it ? 345 4
- Capital Allowances on Foreign Property 93 2
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 436 24
- VAT on disbursement 172 2
- tax credits 226 7
- Victor Meldrew morning 1,060 17
- EC VAT codes in Sage 50 92 1
- LLP - Member leaving 207 6
- Year end 274 3
- Foreign income for self employed 178 2
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 325 9
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 924
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 533
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 341
- How to format a stock book 327
- Tax efficient holding company structure 262
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 253
- Investment property company accounts template 236
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 200
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 194
- Charge out rates in London? 163