HMRC payment plans - anyone any experience?
I have a client who has an outstanding SA tax bill of some £10,000. The clients business failed and they made payment plans with all creditors including HMRC. The client is now working full time as an employee.
HMRC agreed a payment plan last year whereby the client could repay the debt over 15 years based on all they could afford to pay and this was confirmed in writing. All agreed payments have been paid on the due dates and I have no doubts whatsoever that the client will pay the debt in full.
They are now harassing the client and suggesting the payment plan must be reviewed and may be cancelled.
It seems a very unusual way to deal with someone to suddenly re-open the case and seek to amend an agreed plan.
Its causing the client a huge amount of stress - any suggestions?
I am considering a complaint but am uncertain of the best way forward.
- Sage Payroll 294 11
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 77 1
- Payroo Employer allowance query 192 6
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,042 33
- vat return 252 3
- Flat rate vat 117 1
- Value pricing 720 26
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 152 4
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 211 4
- Private residence relief with entrepreneur relief mix 290 4
- Reregister for VAT 144 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 199 6
- Weely paid employees 248 3
- Would this save hours of your time? 491 11
- Director's tax return 294 6
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 223 6
- Wrong career 488 18
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 296 7
- Laptop purchase 1,403 20
- PTP software disaster 291 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 798
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 551
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 419
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 296
- Free Tax Legislation? 268
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 246
- Director Loan account operation 245
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 240
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 230
- Paye procedures for CVA 160