HMRC payment plans - anyone any experience?
I have a client who has an outstanding SA tax bill of some £10,000. The clients business failed and they made payment plans with all creditors including HMRC. The client is now working full time as an employee.
HMRC agreed a payment plan last year whereby the client could repay the debt over 15 years based on all they could afford to pay and this was confirmed in writing. All agreed payments have been paid on the due dates and I have no doubts whatsoever that the client will pay the debt in full.
They are now harassing the client and suggesting the payment plan must be reviewed and may be cancelled.
It seems a very unusual way to deal with someone to suddenly re-open the case and seek to amend an agreed plan.
Its causing the client a huge amount of stress - any suggestions?
I am considering a complaint but am uncertain of the best way forward.
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,695 39
- Holiday Pay whilst on Mat Leave 84 1
- Accounts Software 147 5
- HMRC Agents Line 206 4
- calculation DTR restriction 87 1
- Company Director In Prison 457 11
- SMP reclaimable by employer 79 1
- AWeb - download file 175 3
- Charity work 243 11
- Help with HMRC investigation 260 6
- Director Drawings 177 5
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 270 13
- Managing Employee Expenses 234 7
- Collection or business assets 115 1
- Incorporated when they should not have 273 8
- Tax position re this lease? 372 9
- Do I need a smartphone? 732 23
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 108 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,675 70
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 93 2
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 679
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 521
- Cancelled 428
- Cancelled 366
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 362
- Probiz 338
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 329
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 244
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 218
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 203