HMRC payment plans - anyone any experience?
I have a client who has an outstanding SA tax bill of some £10,000. The clients business failed and they made payment plans with all creditors including HMRC. The client is now working full time as an employee.
HMRC agreed a payment plan last year whereby the client could repay the debt over 15 years based on all they could afford to pay and this was confirmed in writing. All agreed payments have been paid on the due dates and I have no doubts whatsoever that the client will pay the debt in full.
They are now harassing the client and suggesting the payment plan must be reviewed and may be cancelled.
It seems a very unusual way to deal with someone to suddenly re-open the case and seek to amend an agreed plan.
Its causing the client a huge amount of stress - any suggestions?
I am considering a complaint but am uncertain of the best way forward.
- Cocaine anyone? 895 15
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 257 5
- Vat on new builds 60 1
- Using home as clients registered address 235 5
- VAT MOSS registration 96 1
- Anyone else still working this week? 470 15
- How much does the company pay 821 35
- Which tax returns can I submit? 166 4
- HMRC property income enquiry 456 10
- Proof of identification 130 2
- When to provide S419 tax in the accounts 156 4
- Sole Trader change of accounting date 124 1
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 308 5
- Childcare vouchers 373 8
- Is this a qualifying loan for interest deductions? 103 2
- New Enterprise Allowance 97 1
- VAT Notice 700/64 - claiming VAT on motor repairs 91 1
- two business from one premises 196 3
- VAT transfer on going concern on incorporation 73 1
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 376 4
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 514
- corporate hierarchy 479
- Advice - 331
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 279
- WWOOFers 267
- The booking.com con 255
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 252
- Cocaine anyone? 237
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 230
- UK State pension paid in NZ 180