HMRC payment plans - anyone any experience?
I have a client who has an outstanding SA tax bill of some £10,000. The clients business failed and they made payment plans with all creditors including HMRC. The client is now working full time as an employee.
HMRC agreed a payment plan last year whereby the client could repay the debt over 15 years based on all they could afford to pay and this was confirmed in writing. All agreed payments have been paid on the due dates and I have no doubts whatsoever that the client will pay the debt in full.
They are now harassing the client and suggesting the payment plan must be reviewed and may be cancelled.
It seems a very unusual way to deal with someone to suddenly re-open the case and seek to amend an agreed plan.
Its causing the client a huge amount of stress - any suggestions?
I am considering a complaint but am uncertain of the best way forward.
- On line Remote Training 206 7
- Are agent account managers any good? 43 1
- Clients 556 11
- Intermediaries reporting - who does it apply to? 43 1
- Starting new accounting business 103 2
- Group Relief 47 1
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 211 3
- Sage 200 vatable journal? 93 4
- Transfer of stock 239 12
- Can a Directors Pension be paid into a Ltd Company 117 1
- New client procedure 264 4
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 232 2
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 303 10
- Tolley UK sales number 155 4
- Enterprise relief 102 2
- Pre-registration VAT: can you reclaim VATon delivery costs incurred in the six months prior to registration? 164 4
- VAT flat rate scheme 393 7
- Virtually Impossible 593 12
- Registering as a director 111 1
- SSP days and Holidays 210 3
- QROP pension input amounts 488
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 465
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 431
- EPS and CIS deductions 288
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 278
- Construction CIS LLP Company 271
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 233
- SAGE winforecast 193
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 177
- Overdrawn director account 163