HMRC payment plans - anyone any experience?
I have a client who has an outstanding SA tax bill of some £10,000. The clients business failed and they made payment plans with all creditors including HMRC. The client is now working full time as an employee.
HMRC agreed a payment plan last year whereby the client could repay the debt over 15 years based on all they could afford to pay and this was confirmed in writing. All agreed payments have been paid on the due dates and I have no doubts whatsoever that the client will pay the debt in full.
They are now harassing the client and suggesting the payment plan must be reviewed and may be cancelled.
It seems a very unusual way to deal with someone to suddenly re-open the case and seek to amend an agreed plan.
Its causing the client a huge amount of stress - any suggestions?
I am considering a complaint but am uncertain of the best way forward.
- LLP members share of profits 607 32
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 770 32
- Late P800 demand shows later year? 406 20
- Electronically supplied services - B2B 121 4
- Employment support allowance and self employed 36 1
- Registered Office 47 2
- Winding up a beneficiary will trust 83 1
- Online / Cloud Data Back Up 59 1
- Brain freeze - loss on disposal of company car 273 7
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 529 17
- 64-8 on paper or online? 82 2
- Flat rate scheme - which rate to use? 331 10
- Management fees agreement 141 4
- Marginal rate relief not given on loss carry back 67 1
- Business travel apps 332 14
- VAT for Residential Property Developer 163 6
- Closed tax years 98 1
- New Employment Allowance 127 2
- RTI 194 8
- HMRC chasing club for unpaid fees 520 9
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 929
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 656
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 383
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 329
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 249
- Paye procedures for CVA 241
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 237
- Expenses Re-imbursed on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 182
- Compliance Checks - Time limits 179
- Pension Fixed Protection 179