HMRC payment plans - anyone any experience?
I have a client who has an outstanding SA tax bill of some £10,000. The clients business failed and they made payment plans with all creditors including HMRC. The client is now working full time as an employee.
HMRC agreed a payment plan last year whereby the client could repay the debt over 15 years based on all they could afford to pay and this was confirmed in writing. All agreed payments have been paid on the due dates and I have no doubts whatsoever that the client will pay the debt in full.
They are now harassing the client and suggesting the payment plan must be reviewed and may be cancelled.
It seems a very unusual way to deal with someone to suddenly re-open the case and seek to amend an agreed plan.
Its causing the client a huge amount of stress - any suggestions?
I am considering a complaint but am uncertain of the best way forward.
- client threatening legal action 1,794 28
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 667 8
- Partially exempt? 235 9
- Reclaiming EU VAT on fuel and expenses 83 1
- First VAT Visit for client 214 4
- Dividend in specie 223 7
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 159 8
- Lorry Drivers 132 2
- Redundancy payment added to p45 78 1
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 84 1
- Mexican student in UK 113 2
- PI insurance for Auto Enrolment 193 3
- Accounting Practice acting as an employment agency 293 12
- payroll software 113 1
- No Tax Returns submitted for last 16 years 1,048 25
- Complicated Company car purchase 98 1
- Pricing 329 10
- Late VAT registration penalty 245 5
- VAT 115 2
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 850 18
- Skandia using wrong address 483
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 278
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 272
- Employee rewards 257
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 222
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 216
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 213
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 210
- Etax Australian 169
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 158