HMRC payment plans - anyone any experience?
I have a client who has an outstanding SA tax bill of some £10,000. The clients business failed and they made payment plans with all creditors including HMRC. The client is now working full time as an employee.
HMRC agreed a payment plan last year whereby the client could repay the debt over 15 years based on all they could afford to pay and this was confirmed in writing. All agreed payments have been paid on the due dates and I have no doubts whatsoever that the client will pay the debt in full.
They are now harassing the client and suggesting the payment plan must be reviewed and may be cancelled.
It seems a very unusual way to deal with someone to suddenly re-open the case and seek to amend an agreed plan.
Its causing the client a huge amount of stress - any suggestions?
I am considering a complaint but am uncertain of the best way forward.
- How do you account in the VAT return for 248 4
- Abortive legal fees deductible on sale? 66 2
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 99 3
- Signing Accounts for Mortgage Reference 148 2
- Easiest and quickest way to reopen dissolved company, for the purposes of having access to funds in the bank account. 146 5
- Is a Mercedes Vito a van for tax purposes? 39 1
- Engagement letter 101 1
- Missing accountant! 1,351 6
- ACCA qualified but not enough 1,018 18
- Sage Import Data 143 3
- Australian dividend 79 1
- Wages paid into another persons bank account 468 9
- Private Healthcare Benefit In Kind 87 3
- Can a director pay for their childs tuition through the company 557 13
- updating shareholdings on companies house 67 1
- Spanish Tax Return 196 6
- Dividend Vouchers 214 3
- National Insurance. 250 2
- Directors and unemployment benefit 300 13
- Personal Contract Purchase 309 2
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 418
- CTA study material 382
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 280
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 259
- Pre incorp expenses 234
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 211
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 203
- Slight twist on employment related securities 190
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 135
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 131