HMRC payment plans - anyone any experience?
I have a client who has an outstanding SA tax bill of some £10,000. The clients business failed and they made payment plans with all creditors including HMRC. The client is now working full time as an employee.
HMRC agreed a payment plan last year whereby the client could repay the debt over 15 years based on all they could afford to pay and this was confirmed in writing. All agreed payments have been paid on the due dates and I have no doubts whatsoever that the client will pay the debt in full.
They are now harassing the client and suggesting the payment plan must be reviewed and may be cancelled.
It seems a very unusual way to deal with someone to suddenly re-open the case and seek to amend an agreed plan.
Its causing the client a huge amount of stress - any suggestions?
I am considering a complaint but am uncertain of the best way forward.
- Basis periods 12 1
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 4,100 17
- P&L Treatment of property assets 58 2
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 737 36
- CGT on spouse's death 263 11
- Tax relief for networking day out? 458 12
- VAT on non-denominated postage 59 2
- Starting Again 267 11
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 628 19
- CT101 Completion 128 1
- Non resident pension withdrawal 148 2
- Mortgage Adviser's request 281 6
- P11D Software 777 9
- PAYE Dashboard inconsistency 202 4
- Why can't I paste into AccountingWeb? 271 5
- Can shareholders lend to their company at interest? 395 10
- Payroll software 190 4
- Company UTR numbers 307 6
- Summer house for business only 155 1
- Transfer of property to Limited Company 130 1
- Construction CIS LLP Company 597
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 582
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 382
- Pensions Regulator 349
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 285
- Using the correct forms 263
- SA penalty proposals 252
- RTI - duplicate employee record 242
- Accelerated payment notices 230
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 216