HMRC payment plans - anyone any experience?
I have a client who has an outstanding SA tax bill of some £10,000. The clients business failed and they made payment plans with all creditors including HMRC. The client is now working full time as an employee.
HMRC agreed a payment plan last year whereby the client could repay the debt over 15 years based on all they could afford to pay and this was confirmed in writing. All agreed payments have been paid on the due dates and I have no doubts whatsoever that the client will pay the debt in full.
They are now harassing the client and suggesting the payment plan must be reviewed and may be cancelled.
It seems a very unusual way to deal with someone to suddenly re-open the case and seek to amend an agreed plan.
Its causing the client a huge amount of stress - any suggestions?
I am considering a complaint but am uncertain of the best way forward.
- SA302's anyone?? 602 17
- High value residential property - SDLT 15% 102 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 345 12
- Cash in Hand 114 2
- Buy to let and capitak gain 158 4
- Busines software 149 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 193 6
- Converting a barn for business use 185 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 309 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 314 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 478 10
- are receipts needed? 610 16
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 308 3
- Bookkeping software 722 7
- Clogged Losses 282 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 270 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 657 10
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 319 7
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 271 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 127 1
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 910
- International interest certificate 522
- NOVA 372
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 322
- Management expenses for investment company 275
- Bonus Bonds 269
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 183
- P11D benefit received by widow 162
- EXACT ONLINE 157
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 153