HMRC payment plans - anyone any experience?
I have a client who has an outstanding SA tax bill of some £10,000. The clients business failed and they made payment plans with all creditors including HMRC. The client is now working full time as an employee.
HMRC agreed a payment plan last year whereby the client could repay the debt over 15 years based on all they could afford to pay and this was confirmed in writing. All agreed payments have been paid on the due dates and I have no doubts whatsoever that the client will pay the debt in full.
They are now harassing the client and suggesting the payment plan must be reviewed and may be cancelled.
It seems a very unusual way to deal with someone to suddenly re-open the case and seek to amend an agreed plan.
Its causing the client a huge amount of stress - any suggestions?
I am considering a complaint but am uncertain of the best way forward.
- Dividends against directors loan 17 1
- Paying Harvest casuals and casual beaters 66 1
- Goodie bag 1,005 33
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,342 87
- Sponsorship/ Advertising 98 1
- Output tax for retailer 282 7
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 337 7
- Budget 2015 predictions 395 8
- Back-dated VAT 132 2
- VAT registration 162 4
- Transfer of properties to a limited company stamp duty 213 7
- Company reorganisation 240 3
- 6th March RTI deadline. Can FPS be submitted on 6th March? 430 8
- Loss carryback 201 6
- Sole trader and VAT 102 1
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 138 1
- Film Actors - Averaging? 167 5
- Physiotherapy And Vat 274 8
- How do I save face? 777 12
- Leaving the Flat Rate Scheme 223 3
- Possible Partnership? 625
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 510
- New Fangled Penalties 431
- Fuming! 312
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 311
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 246
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 226
- Outsource Data Entry 223
- Moving away from CCH software 213
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 163