HMRC payment plans - anyone any experience?
I have a client who has an outstanding SA tax bill of some £10,000. The clients business failed and they made payment plans with all creditors including HMRC. The client is now working full time as an employee.
HMRC agreed a payment plan last year whereby the client could repay the debt over 15 years based on all they could afford to pay and this was confirmed in writing. All agreed payments have been paid on the due dates and I have no doubts whatsoever that the client will pay the debt in full.
They are now harassing the client and suggesting the payment plan must be reviewed and may be cancelled.
It seems a very unusual way to deal with someone to suddenly re-open the case and seek to amend an agreed plan.
Its causing the client a huge amount of stress - any suggestions?
I am considering a complaint but am uncertain of the best way forward.
- Builder Gifted Deposit and capital gains 520 21
- Settlement, or any other issues? 40 1
- another ir35!!!! 89 1
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 66 3
- Buying blocks of fees 320 2
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 661 10
- Practical Query: Entrepreneurs and PPR Reliefs 256 3
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 151 2
- Daily Penalties 2012/13 123 1
- IR35 & Managed Service Companies 242 1
- Previous accountant filed dormant accounts in error 98 1
- Wear and tear allowance 291 4
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 623 24
- Husband and Wife Holiday letting profit split 106 3
- tax insider 366 5
- Tax on sale of shares 80 2
- Amazon - digital book sales 218 2
- late payroll registration 91 1
- *Urgent pls advise * filing dormant accounts to Companies House 479 18
- Profit and Loss Account Adjustments 203 7
- Skandia using wrong address 1,421
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 730
- Any views 665
- HMRC Employers Diary 497
- International interest certificate 412
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 371
- Sale of business 322
- NOVA 230
- Advertising services? 222
- IRIS Open Books problem 212