HMRC payment plans - anyone any experience?
I have a client who has an outstanding SA tax bill of some £10,000. The clients business failed and they made payment plans with all creditors including HMRC. The client is now working full time as an employee.
HMRC agreed a payment plan last year whereby the client could repay the debt over 15 years based on all they could afford to pay and this was confirmed in writing. All agreed payments have been paid on the due dates and I have no doubts whatsoever that the client will pay the debt in full.
They are now harassing the client and suggesting the payment plan must be reviewed and may be cancelled.
It seems a very unusual way to deal with someone to suddenly re-open the case and seek to amend an agreed plan.
Its causing the client a huge amount of stress - any suggestions?
I am considering a complaint but am uncertain of the best way forward.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 812 5
- See you all on the other side 814 6
- 12Pay 586 2
- dividends 798 2
- R&D 377 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,247 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 496 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 497 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 460 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 595 5
- Seeking a tax case 714 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 578 4
- Companies house strike off 696 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 518 2
- Moving to the cloud 796 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 236 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 958 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 237 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,136 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 552 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 585
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 436
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 384
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 377
- IRIS and FRS 102 370
- Marginal rates of tax 368
- Class 2 NI 355
- Capitalising Finance Lease 350
- USA help 332
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 317