HMRC payment plans - anyone any experience?
I have a client who has an outstanding SA tax bill of some £10,000. The clients business failed and they made payment plans with all creditors including HMRC. The client is now working full time as an employee.
HMRC agreed a payment plan last year whereby the client could repay the debt over 15 years based on all they could afford to pay and this was confirmed in writing. All agreed payments have been paid on the due dates and I have no doubts whatsoever that the client will pay the debt in full.
They are now harassing the client and suggesting the payment plan must be reviewed and may be cancelled.
It seems a very unusual way to deal with someone to suddenly re-open the case and seek to amend an agreed plan.
Its causing the client a huge amount of stress - any suggestions?
I am considering a complaint but am uncertain of the best way forward.
- More AE! 96 6
- Merger of Two companies 515 20
- RTI and Directors' salaries 79 1
- Merging 481 12
- Form 17 Joint tenancy v tenants in common 205 6
- Excuses, excuses!!! 367 1
- Travel costs and contractors 214 1
- Why should I retain membership? 3,478 56
- Merger of Two companies 405 14
- Is there capital gains tax for selling a church? 94 1
- VAT overcharged to customers 387 6
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 169 4
- Entrepreneurs Relief 96 1
- nic class 1 on expenses mechanics 171 4
- CIC Dividend Cap 300 10
- IHT dilemma 993 16
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 911 21
- Setting up direct debit on Clients bank accounts to collect monthly payments 275 8
- Unemployed Accounting Graduate - Need Advice - Small Firms 673 20
- NEGLIGIBLE VALUE CLAIMS 220 4
- Auto enrolment excuses 973
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 741
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 429
- Digita Hosted Software 245
- Social investment tax relief 241
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 239
- Call Centre Data Costs 224
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 210
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 180
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 141