HMRC payment plans - anyone any experience?
I have a client who has an outstanding SA tax bill of some £10,000. The clients business failed and they made payment plans with all creditors including HMRC. The client is now working full time as an employee.
HMRC agreed a payment plan last year whereby the client could repay the debt over 15 years based on all they could afford to pay and this was confirmed in writing. All agreed payments have been paid on the due dates and I have no doubts whatsoever that the client will pay the debt in full.
They are now harassing the client and suggesting the payment plan must be reviewed and may be cancelled.
It seems a very unusual way to deal with someone to suddenly re-open the case and seek to amend an agreed plan.
Its causing the client a huge amount of stress - any suggestions?
I am considering a complaint but am uncertain of the best way forward.
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 700 21
- Year end 189 3
- tax credits 169 7
- Victor Meldrew morning 977 16
- Foreign income for self employed 147 2
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 269 9
- LLP - Member leaving 160 6
- what time is it ? 126 2
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 278 9
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,071 14
- Tax Return Deadlines 231 4
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 583 21
- How would you account for warranty? 165 4
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 407 22
- Sweet Tooth 206 6
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 187 2
- trading or dormant 126 2
- Goodwill ammortisation 140 1
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 577 11
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 280 3
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 882
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 520
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 332
- How to format a stock book 313
- Tax efficient holding company structure 247
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 243
- Investment property company accounts template 227
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 220
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 193
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 169