HMRC payment plans - anyone any experience?
I have a client who has an outstanding SA tax bill of some £10,000. The clients business failed and they made payment plans with all creditors including HMRC. The client is now working full time as an employee.
HMRC agreed a payment plan last year whereby the client could repay the debt over 15 years based on all they could afford to pay and this was confirmed in writing. All agreed payments have been paid on the due dates and I have no doubts whatsoever that the client will pay the debt in full.
They are now harassing the client and suggesting the payment plan must be reviewed and may be cancelled.
It seems a very unusual way to deal with someone to suddenly re-open the case and seek to amend an agreed plan.
Its causing the client a huge amount of stress - any suggestions?
I am considering a complaint but am uncertain of the best way forward.
- Accounts submitted to a the charities comission 208 5
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 175 3
- Tax on grant a lease - no proceeds 111 1
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax consultancy 2014 292 1
- ACCA practice certificates 61 1
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 1,091 32
- What would you do in this situation? 695 14
- Dress code 519 13
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 529 16
- Project being run jointly 220 3
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 325 4
- Companies House 620 9
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 389 11
- Where to start to get any of jobs in Finance and Accounting Industry 744 9
- How much did you pay for your website 1,460 25
- Help Required 439 10
- directors control and tax problems 335 5
- Fastest Software 815 13
- What's in a name ? 425 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 341 4
- CTA study material 720
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 442
- Employment related securities question 278
- AIM Stocks and IHT 256
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 240
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 219
- Expat pension contributions? 210
- Trust for Employee 207
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 191
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 125