HMRC payment plans - anyone any experience?
I have a client who has an outstanding SA tax bill of some £10,000. The clients business failed and they made payment plans with all creditors including HMRC. The client is now working full time as an employee.
HMRC agreed a payment plan last year whereby the client could repay the debt over 15 years based on all they could afford to pay and this was confirmed in writing. All agreed payments have been paid on the due dates and I have no doubts whatsoever that the client will pay the debt in full.
They are now harassing the client and suggesting the payment plan must be reviewed and may be cancelled.
It seems a very unusual way to deal with someone to suddenly re-open the case and seek to amend an agreed plan.
Its causing the client a huge amount of stress - any suggestions?
I am considering a complaint but am uncertain of the best way forward.
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 982 42
- Adding shop sales to sage 20 1
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 674 26
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 244 7
- self assessment repayment requesto 536 10
- Capital Gains Relief 184 6
- Tax on devidend in my company who is employee in other company 99 3
- Two weeks grace on self assessment where repayment is due? 209 4
- HMRC SA302s 45 1
- Amend tax return? 83 1
- Investment from Friend 201 10
- Receipt bank 359 8
- Trading lossess & non trading co & investment income 68 1
- Do we have to register for VAT? 501 10
- Self Assessment and P11D 174 4
- Director remuneration £1000 only in year. paye registration required? 352 4
- Company dividends 553 15
- Directors Salary and Self Assessment (PAYE) 109 1
- Tax Penalty overreaction 2,203 15
- TRONC scheme 113 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 882
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 585
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 546
- Latest phishing scam 481
- Entrepreneurs' relief 429
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 353
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 327
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 251
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 251
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 175