HMRC payment plans - anyone any experience?
I have a client who has an outstanding SA tax bill of some £10,000. The clients business failed and they made payment plans with all creditors including HMRC. The client is now working full time as an employee.
HMRC agreed a payment plan last year whereby the client could repay the debt over 15 years based on all they could afford to pay and this was confirmed in writing. All agreed payments have been paid on the due dates and I have no doubts whatsoever that the client will pay the debt in full.
They are now harassing the client and suggesting the payment plan must be reviewed and may be cancelled.
It seems a very unusual way to deal with someone to suddenly re-open the case and seek to amend an agreed plan.
Its causing the client a huge amount of stress - any suggestions?
I am considering a complaint but am uncertain of the best way forward.
- Company valuation for IHT purposes 130 4
- Yorkshire Day 527 35
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,775 65
- Principal Private Residence relief on two semis knocked together 120 4
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 351 16
- Entrepreneurs relief sale of business to two different buyers?? 103 3
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 583 1
- SMP reclaimable by employer 263 7
- Agent help line - long queues? 216 4
- the umbrella scheme for PAYE 91 1
- inflation rate year on year 77 2
- Deleted question? 650 15
- Self Assessment Tax Return Required ???? 282 8
- Company no longer showing on Companies House web site 345 8
- EU VAT Registration Thresholds 143 6
- E-Magazines and pdfs 143 3
- Late annual return 199 2
- Flat rate VAT 370 8
- corporation tax 479 5
- Credit card receipts vs VAT receipts 2,140 29
- Cancelled 457
- Cancelled 380
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 372
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 350
- Probiz 350
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 254
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 231
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 224
- More spam 180
- Does anyone have SCI unit contact details? 155