HMRC payment plans - anyone any experience?
I have a client who has an outstanding SA tax bill of some £10,000. The clients business failed and they made payment plans with all creditors including HMRC. The client is now working full time as an employee.
HMRC agreed a payment plan last year whereby the client could repay the debt over 15 years based on all they could afford to pay and this was confirmed in writing. All agreed payments have been paid on the due dates and I have no doubts whatsoever that the client will pay the debt in full.
They are now harassing the client and suggesting the payment plan must be reviewed and may be cancelled.
It seems a very unusual way to deal with someone to suddenly re-open the case and seek to amend an agreed plan.
Its causing the client a huge amount of stress - any suggestions?
I am considering a complaint but am uncertain of the best way forward.
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 230 9
- AIA or IFA 385 7
- Surely not? 320 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 598 9
- Start up allowance? 277 10
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,267 38
- Running two businesses from the same premises 313 3
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 329 7
- Late Registration for VAT 329 11
- Old CGT loss 140 2
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 239 5
- Nominal Ledger of Company Accounts 273 10
- Share structures 116 5
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 2,103 19
- Meal Allowance - Limited Company 309 5
- Business rates consultancy 203 3
- Capitalisation - Scanning Files 162 4
- Are HMRC staff on early 520 7
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 187 2
- Tax on income from discretionary trust in SATR 207 9
- TheTax Donut 1,042
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 684
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 627
- Follower cases 491
- Limited company purchase of property 432
- Hive up 423
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 394
- corporate hierarchy 388
- LIVE chat, starting now 345
- Advice - 194