HMRC payment plans - anyone any experience?
I have a client who has an outstanding SA tax bill of some £10,000. The clients business failed and they made payment plans with all creditors including HMRC. The client is now working full time as an employee.
HMRC agreed a payment plan last year whereby the client could repay the debt over 15 years based on all they could afford to pay and this was confirmed in writing. All agreed payments have been paid on the due dates and I have no doubts whatsoever that the client will pay the debt in full.
They are now harassing the client and suggesting the payment plan must be reviewed and may be cancelled.
It seems a very unusual way to deal with someone to suddenly re-open the case and seek to amend an agreed plan.
Its causing the client a huge amount of stress - any suggestions?
I am considering a complaint but am uncertain of the best way forward.
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 401 4
- sole trader - operating under cis 65 2
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 99 2
- What does it mean?? 346 11
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 286 13
- VAT on motor expenses 893 32
- Sage Payroll with 'employees' not having tax or NI deducted 67 1
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,706 22
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,303 40
- How to account fot Cross-border vat. 101 1
- Entrepreneurs' relief for trustees - receipt of rent 140 3
- Associated companies - CT small profits relief 164 7
- Introduction of Goodwill 198 5
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 160 4
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 745 19
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 390 12
- Money transfers between companies owned by one person 210 9
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 333 11
- Sage 50 (2010) 115 2
- Recommendation of US tax adviser? 96 1
- Skandia using wrong address 1,548
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 853
- International interest certificate 472
- NOVA 329
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 236
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 222
- Bonus Bonds 209
- Management expenses for investment company 208
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 204
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 194