HMRC payment plans - anyone any experience?
I have a client who has an outstanding SA tax bill of some £10,000. The clients business failed and they made payment plans with all creditors including HMRC. The client is now working full time as an employee.
HMRC agreed a payment plan last year whereby the client could repay the debt over 15 years based on all they could afford to pay and this was confirmed in writing. All agreed payments have been paid on the due dates and I have no doubts whatsoever that the client will pay the debt in full.
They are now harassing the client and suggesting the payment plan must be reviewed and may be cancelled.
It seems a very unusual way to deal with someone to suddenly re-open the case and seek to amend an agreed plan.
Its causing the client a huge amount of stress - any suggestions?
I am considering a complaint but am uncertain of the best way forward.
- New desktop accounting and payroll, help, please 143 4
- Getting fees, getting harder? 959 23
- CIS Deductions 268 7
- sole trader to ltd company 106 2
- Rogue Accountant 1,089 33
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 1,114 35
- Spousal transfer and PPR 309 10
- Personal bank account in limited company 246 7
- Dual taxation - usa 186 2
- My house has fallen down 467 13
- CGT on residential property for a non resident and PPR relief 108 1
- Timing of LTD CIS rebates 286 10
- Quickbooks Desktop - 14/15 Employment Allowance 256 7
- Inheritance Tax Advice 112 1
- Directors Salary and Directors Loan Account and RTI 120 1
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 566 8
- Working in Iraq, how to treat the income 288 4
- What are the tax implications of bringing funds into the UK from abroad? 208 2
- Property sale split between years 161 5
- VAT charge on e-service supply 99 3
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 641
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 405
- Pensions Regulator 379
- RTI - duplicate employee record 324
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 324
- Using the correct forms 299
- SA penalty proposals 297
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 278
- Digital marketing focus group 198
- Sage Vat return box 2 188