HMRC payment plans - anyone any experience?
I have a client who has an outstanding SA tax bill of some £10,000. The clients business failed and they made payment plans with all creditors including HMRC. The client is now working full time as an employee.
HMRC agreed a payment plan last year whereby the client could repay the debt over 15 years based on all they could afford to pay and this was confirmed in writing. All agreed payments have been paid on the due dates and I have no doubts whatsoever that the client will pay the debt in full.
They are now harassing the client and suggesting the payment plan must be reviewed and may be cancelled.
It seems a very unusual way to deal with someone to suddenly re-open the case and seek to amend an agreed plan.
Its causing the client a huge amount of stress - any suggestions?
I am considering a complaint but am uncertain of the best way forward.
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 290 6
- Client Paperwork Retention? 472 11
- Sage 50 VAT Return 103 2
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 512 1
- Paying Son 600 18
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 334 7
- HMRC accounting 213 3
- Employers NI allowance 432 6
- Dividend taxation 230 3
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 138 1
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 172 2
- Tax Overlap Reporting 134 3
- Love is in the air 137 2
- Buy to Let Property! Shell I buy or not? 432 4
- iris update 11.9.2 444 7
- HMRC Discovery powers 264 3
- Where to follow court cases/rulings 675 8
- Which time limits apply? 399 4
- Exclusion from VAT Registration 228 4
- Appeal against penalty- error in SA tax return 334 3
- DTA tie-breaker issue 294
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 270
- CGT for NOn UK residents 268
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 253
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 239
- Apprenticeship Levy 231
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 228
- Capital Gains personal representatives 211
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 206
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 185