HMRC payment plans - anyone any experience?
I have a client who has an outstanding SA tax bill of some £10,000. The clients business failed and they made payment plans with all creditors including HMRC. The client is now working full time as an employee.
HMRC agreed a payment plan last year whereby the client could repay the debt over 15 years based on all they could afford to pay and this was confirmed in writing. All agreed payments have been paid on the due dates and I have no doubts whatsoever that the client will pay the debt in full.
They are now harassing the client and suggesting the payment plan must be reviewed and may be cancelled.
It seems a very unusual way to deal with someone to suddenly re-open the case and seek to amend an agreed plan.
Its causing the client a huge amount of stress - any suggestions?
I am considering a complaint but am uncertain of the best way forward.
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 42 1
- Trading income or not? 86 1
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 233 5
- Share Capital 23 1
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 151 4
- Companies House incorporation service 241 10
- Charge HMRC 331 3
- FRS17 query 217 2
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,730 44
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 2,523 29
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 546 12
- Slipped out of the self assessment radar 265 2
- How to opt out? 394 6
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 81 1
- utr 163 4
- Moneysoft Payroll Manager 311 7
- P9D or P11D 728 7
- CT return error message 388 10
- Group subcontracting - accounts not consolidated 107 2
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 107 1
- Xtuple 541
- Qtac payroll for bureau 369
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 313
- Industrial & Provident Societies 308
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 280
- CIS schemes 213
- Domain name sale and limited company 202
- Investment 180
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 174
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 174