HMRC payment plans - anyone any experience?
I have a client who has an outstanding SA tax bill of some £10,000. The clients business failed and they made payment plans with all creditors including HMRC. The client is now working full time as an employee.
HMRC agreed a payment plan last year whereby the client could repay the debt over 15 years based on all they could afford to pay and this was confirmed in writing. All agreed payments have been paid on the due dates and I have no doubts whatsoever that the client will pay the debt in full.
They are now harassing the client and suggesting the payment plan must be reviewed and may be cancelled.
It seems a very unusual way to deal with someone to suddenly re-open the case and seek to amend an agreed plan.
Its causing the client a huge amount of stress - any suggestions?
I am considering a complaint but am uncertain of the best way forward.
- Tax deductable portion of home rental cost 185 9
- JIEB Exams 127 1
- RTI 83 1
- Christmas party 95 1
- Am i Liable? 94 4
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 737 10
- Checking a contract 289 8
- Flat Rate Scheme 309 15
- Altered PAYE cheque 225 5
- deleting customers on Sage 50 155 7
- VAT on garage rent 321 14
- Value-shifting 62 1
- Pattern for CTA 206 4
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 448 18
- SDLT exemptions/reliefs 80 2
- Incorrect Accounts. Is it worth taking action against the old accountant? 222 3
- Film Partnership Enquiries - am I just unlucky? 239 5
- EBT 177 1
- Giving a seminar 528 28
- Joint Filing Help 108 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,207
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 607
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 405
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 313
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 192
- Alphabet shares 188
- Agent fees to sell business 187
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 181
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 173
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 162