HMRC payment plans - anyone any experience?
I have a client who has an outstanding SA tax bill of some £10,000. The clients business failed and they made payment plans with all creditors including HMRC. The client is now working full time as an employee.
HMRC agreed a payment plan last year whereby the client could repay the debt over 15 years based on all they could afford to pay and this was confirmed in writing. All agreed payments have been paid on the due dates and I have no doubts whatsoever that the client will pay the debt in full.
They are now harassing the client and suggesting the payment plan must be reviewed and may be cancelled.
It seems a very unusual way to deal with someone to suddenly re-open the case and seek to amend an agreed plan.
Its causing the client a huge amount of stress - any suggestions?
I am considering a complaint but am uncertain of the best way forward.
- do i pay vat when buying a business 262 19
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 64 3
- Professional Clearance 232 6
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 283 1
- Sage Instant cash based flat rate 136 4
- Introduction of Goodwill 489 13
- CIC accounts submission 158 4
- Zero Rated Catering delivery charges 114 5
- are receipts needed? 373 12
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 618 21
- New accountant 528 9
- Santander Scrip Dividend Scheme 235 3
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,076 67
- Working out a daily rate 325 7
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 611 9
- Loss Relief 159 2
- Tax case reference request 245 3
- How to? 173 1
- Cheque alternative - letter to HMRC re undeclared income 209 1
- Amending prior year accounts for the first time? 1,420 25
- Skandia using wrong address 1,592
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 886
- International interest certificate 495
- NOVA 352
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 256
- Management expenses for investment company 244
- Bonus Bonds 243
- Help with tax codes on Sage 188
- Capital reduction 175
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 151