HMRC payment plans - anyone any experience?
I have a client who has an outstanding SA tax bill of some £10,000. The clients business failed and they made payment plans with all creditors including HMRC. The client is now working full time as an employee.
HMRC agreed a payment plan last year whereby the client could repay the debt over 15 years based on all they could afford to pay and this was confirmed in writing. All agreed payments have been paid on the due dates and I have no doubts whatsoever that the client will pay the debt in full.
They are now harassing the client and suggesting the payment plan must be reviewed and may be cancelled.
It seems a very unusual way to deal with someone to suddenly re-open the case and seek to amend an agreed plan.
Its causing the client a huge amount of stress - any suggestions?
I am considering a complaint but am uncertain of the best way forward.
- Scottish but not UK 282 8
- Pension Contributions Relief 274 10
- Should he transfer the Van into the company ? 57 1
- Any Scottish members out there? 10,191 364
- What is the role of an accountant? 390 13
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 249 1
- P11D Query 142 4
- 100% Xero practice 2,247 40
- Out of Date Returns, CIS and Determination 65 3
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,322 25
- Company Accounts 435 8
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 84 2
- Lexis Nexis 3 Month Cancellation Notice 285 7
- EIS/SEIS capital gains exemption 190 4
- VAT on introducer fees 120 2
- Investor wants shares. How does that work? 84 2
- Pay-slip date & Pay-ment Date 201 12
- Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) 322 18
- VAT Fuel Scale Charge for Fuel on Private/Personal Car 285 5
- CIS 354 11
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,220
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 428
- National Insurance 327
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 321
- Non Resident 252
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 250
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 240
- Franchise income and costs 219
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 154
- Hands on experience of Digita 152