HMRC payment plans - anyone any experience?
I have a client who has an outstanding SA tax bill of some £10,000. The clients business failed and they made payment plans with all creditors including HMRC. The client is now working full time as an employee.
HMRC agreed a payment plan last year whereby the client could repay the debt over 15 years based on all they could afford to pay and this was confirmed in writing. All agreed payments have been paid on the due dates and I have no doubts whatsoever that the client will pay the debt in full.
They are now harassing the client and suggesting the payment plan must be reviewed and may be cancelled.
It seems a very unusual way to deal with someone to suddenly re-open the case and seek to amend an agreed plan.
Its causing the client a huge amount of stress - any suggestions?
I am considering a complaint but am uncertain of the best way forward.
- Software recommendations? 285 4
- Goodie bag 118 2
- Budget 2015 predictions 188 5
- Husband Wife let property 138 2
- Lack of Quickbooks Online Coverage 440 8
- Career in Practice 122 2
- Relevant life plan 344 8
- Limited Company expenses 377 8
- Physiotherapy And Vat 195 6
- Telemarketing 162 4
- 6th March RTI deadline. Can FPS be submitted on 6th March? 157 1
- Awkward shareholder (sister) 143 1
- New tax codes for ex-employees 181 3
- how to value rental space 104 3
- Directors loan - no longer a director 331 4
- NHS PENSIONS XFER ABROAD 70 1
- We contribute a percentage of employees' salaries to a pension scheme set up by them - do we need to get involved in auto-enrolment? 464 5
- Output tax for retailer 265 6
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 451 11
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,938 32
- Possible Partnership? 604
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 501
- New Fangled Penalties 410
- Clubs and Taxable Income 332
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 299
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 255
- Loans to other companies 244
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 214
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 212
- Outsource Data Entry 211