HMRC payment plans - anyone any experience?
I have a client who has an outstanding SA tax bill of some £10,000. The clients business failed and they made payment plans with all creditors including HMRC. The client is now working full time as an employee.
HMRC agreed a payment plan last year whereby the client could repay the debt over 15 years based on all they could afford to pay and this was confirmed in writing. All agreed payments have been paid on the due dates and I have no doubts whatsoever that the client will pay the debt in full.
They are now harassing the client and suggesting the payment plan must be reviewed and may be cancelled.
It seems a very unusual way to deal with someone to suddenly re-open the case and seek to amend an agreed plan.
Its causing the client a huge amount of stress - any suggestions?
I am considering a complaint but am uncertain of the best way forward.
- Limited company buying a car 165 5
- Do I need to pay my accountant 92 1
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 297 15
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 464 10
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 561 6
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 202 7
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 291 4
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 120 2
- ACCA practice certificates 500 5
- Limited company buying director's car 297 10
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 83 1
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 116 1
- WC's and capital allowances 176 3
- Entrepeneurs relief 316 13
- Dress code 1,550 36
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 484 13
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 264 6
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 385 4
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 476 23
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 200 4
- CTA study material 771
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 483
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 400
- Employment related securities question 310
- AIM Stocks and IHT 282
- Expat pension contributions? 260
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 259
- Trust for Employee 239
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 185
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 149