HMRC payment plans - anyone any experience?
I have a client who has an outstanding SA tax bill of some £10,000. The clients business failed and they made payment plans with all creditors including HMRC. The client is now working full time as an employee.
HMRC agreed a payment plan last year whereby the client could repay the debt over 15 years based on all they could afford to pay and this was confirmed in writing. All agreed payments have been paid on the due dates and I have no doubts whatsoever that the client will pay the debt in full.
They are now harassing the client and suggesting the payment plan must be reviewed and may be cancelled.
It seems a very unusual way to deal with someone to suddenly re-open the case and seek to amend an agreed plan.
Its causing the client a huge amount of stress - any suggestions?
I am considering a complaint but am uncertain of the best way forward.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 662 5
- See you all on the other side 708 6
- 12Pay 474 2
- dividends 646 2
- R&D 333 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,195 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 445 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 429 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 383 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 551 5
- Seeking a tax case 656 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 514 4
- Companies house strike off 579 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 443 2
- Moving to the cloud 755 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 218 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 913 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 219 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,093 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 510 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 563
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 421
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 374
- IRIS and FRS 102 355
- Capitalising Finance Lease 328
- USA help 318
- Marginal rates of tax 311
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 308
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 295
- Class 2 NI 291