HMRC payment plans - anyone any experience?
I have a client who has an outstanding SA tax bill of some £10,000. The clients business failed and they made payment plans with all creditors including HMRC. The client is now working full time as an employee.
HMRC agreed a payment plan last year whereby the client could repay the debt over 15 years based on all they could afford to pay and this was confirmed in writing. All agreed payments have been paid on the due dates and I have no doubts whatsoever that the client will pay the debt in full.
They are now harassing the client and suggesting the payment plan must be reviewed and may be cancelled.
It seems a very unusual way to deal with someone to suddenly re-open the case and seek to amend an agreed plan.
Its causing the client a huge amount of stress - any suggestions?
I am considering a complaint but am uncertain of the best way forward.
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,145 39
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 260 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 330 7
- Personal Tax 355 10
- Xerocon 2016 901 18
- Disengagement Help! 1,576 24
- Corrupt Excel File 638 9
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 70 1
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,924 42
- 64-8's amazingly quick 144 4
- last minute request 411 5
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 294 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,221 46
- Practical experience 887 16
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 261 2
- Mortgage Reference 267 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 200 3
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 451 9
- VAT 318 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 281 4