HMRC Record of CIS Deductions
I regularly have problems with HMRC in respect of clients who are sub contractors in the construction industry. My clients provide records of the CIS they have suffered, but very often it does not agree to the figures HMRC have gathered from the Contractors monthly returns. On a number of occasions I have asked HMRc to provide an analysis of the figures they have on their system in an attempt to reconcile it to my clients records and identify where the problems lie.
HMRC's response is almost always no. They will not supply the figures.
I was once told by a disgruntled HMRC employee that they have the records readily available but have been instructed by their managers that they have to refuse to discclose the information as they do not have the resources.
Does anyone know if HMRC are legally obliged to provide this information.
- Deferring dividends on paper 49 4
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 104 1
- flat rate scheme 2,262 42
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 127 4
- Family Partnership 211 5
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 37 1
- P11D Car Value 230 6
- Signed accounts for bank 597 12
- NOVA declaration 86 1
- Business valuation advice 696 18
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,462 16
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,210 23
- Can anybody recommend any software 251 2
- Stand alone practice management software 2,089 26
- 2011 Self Assessment Tax return form 142 1
- dividend date - whose income is it? 371 5
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 780 11
- HMRC Postal Delays 425 10
- Legal advisor recommendation please 315 5
- Closure of PAYE scheme 229 2