HMRC Record of CIS Deductions
I regularly have problems with HMRC in respect of clients who are sub contractors in the construction industry. My clients provide records of the CIS they have suffered, but very often it does not agree to the figures HMRC have gathered from the Contractors monthly returns. On a number of occasions I have asked HMRc to provide an analysis of the figures they have on their system in an attempt to reconcile it to my clients records and identify where the problems lie.
HMRC's response is almost always no. They will not supply the figures.
I was once told by a disgruntled HMRC employee that they have the records readily available but have been instructed by their managers that they have to refuse to discclose the information as they do not have the resources.
Does anyone know if HMRC are legally obliged to provide this information.
- Non-IR35 contractors and travel, since Autumn Statement 199 1
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 551 11
- New LLP, basis of assessment and which boxes to complete? 28 1
- property capital gains 237 2
- Transferring DLA between Directors 222 1
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,210 13
- Tips on meals 251 2
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 214 3
- Personal Tax 774 13
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 263 2
- Stumped - IHT 229 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 427 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 492 11
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,305 33
- Credit management tools 174 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 794 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 440 7
- CGT and primary residence 206 1
- Marriage Allowance 312 3
- S455 and February year ends 366 7