HMRC Record of CIS Deductions
I regularly have problems with HMRC in respect of clients who are sub contractors in the construction industry. My clients provide records of the CIS they have suffered, but very often it does not agree to the figures HMRC have gathered from the Contractors monthly returns. On a number of occasions I have asked HMRc to provide an analysis of the figures they have on their system in an attempt to reconcile it to my clients records and identify where the problems lie.
HMRC's response is almost always no. They will not supply the figures.
I was once told by a disgruntled HMRC employee that they have the records readily available but have been instructed by their managers that they have to refuse to discclose the information as they do not have the resources.
Does anyone know if HMRC are legally obliged to provide this information.
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 62 2
- flat rate scheme 2,314 47
- Signed accounts for bank 624 14
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 817 12
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 105 3
- Business lending another business money (UK) 282 7
- Deferring dividends on paper 137 5
- VAT Query on new build 78 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 126 1
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 138 4
- Family Partnership 225 5
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 70 1
- P11D Car Value 248 6
- NOVA declaration 99 1
- Business valuation advice 702 18
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,496 16
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,221 23
- Can anybody recommend any software 286 2
- Stand alone practice management software 2,102 26
- 2011 Self Assessment Tax return form 169 1