HMRC won't collect tax from employer
My client has a state pension and a couple of part time jobs.
A BR coding was issued to one of the employers in 2007/08 but was not operated. My client did not notice the error and by 5 April 2011 the tax underpaid is in the order of £2,500.
I asked HMRC to collect this from the employer. They refuse, stating that the employer says he didn't receive the coding and that my client ought to have known that she was not paying the right amount of tax.
I asked for a review, which reached the same conclusion.
Is it worth taking to a tribunal? Thanks.
- Capital Allowance on Vehicles - CT600 194 3
- Moneysoft Payroll 358 12
- Client right to working papers 1,584 13
- 31st october deadline 110 4
- Self-employed 785 17
- Form17 84 2
- Introduction of assets to Limited Company (Comic Books) 392 14
- Limited company taking a share in a new limited company 92 3
- Who owns the tax computations - client or accountant ? 634 17
- Seeking advice: Retired self employed working from home 352 6
- VAT registration and two trades 218 2
- VAT on residential properties 294 5
- Microsoft One Drive 817 30
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 1,002 15
- Buying a company for £20,000 from owner how it works? 533 8
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 958 20
- Seeking advice: Do you pay tax on donations if you are not a registered charity? 299 4
- BTL property and holdover or other relief 221 4
- vat gross margins 199 2
- Employer PAYE Refund 260 4
- NHS finance professionals 677
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 414
- Foreign Pension Contribution 386
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 375
- vat gross profit percentage margins 372
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 360
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 315
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 286
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 249
- IFA income recognition & reporting 215