HMRC won't collect tax from employer
My client has a state pension and a couple of part time jobs.
A BR coding was issued to one of the employers in 2007/08 but was not operated. My client did not notice the error and by 5 April 2011 the tax underpaid is in the order of £2,500.
I asked HMRC to collect this from the employer. They refuse, stating that the employer says he didn't receive the coding and that my client ought to have known that she was not paying the right amount of tax.
I asked for a review, which reached the same conclusion.
Is it worth taking to a tribunal? Thanks.
- Anybody heard of Geniac, the new De Lorean? 102 2
- are receipts needed? 513 14
- Gift of property & improvements 134 3
- General tax book with planning 188 3
- VAT Invoice 185 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 275 5
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 231 9
- Error in past Corporate tax return 373 6
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,255 69
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 304 11
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 812 32
- IHT and Swiss Property 139 1
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 246 3
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 170 2
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 473 10
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 395 8
- Help with tax codes on Sage 265 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 213 6
- Accounting for a finance lease 179 4
- SA302's anyone?? 551 16
- Skandia using wrong address 1,621
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 902
- International interest certificate 513
- NOVA 369
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 301
- Management expenses for investment company 268
- Bonus Bonds 262
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 176
- tax on apprenticeship income 175
- P11D benefit received by widow 153