HMRC won't collect tax from employer
My client has a state pension and a couple of part time jobs.
A BR coding was issued to one of the employers in 2007/08 but was not operated. My client did not notice the error and by 5 April 2011 the tax underpaid is in the order of £2,500.
I asked HMRC to collect this from the employer. They refuse, stating that the employer says he didn't receive the coding and that my client ought to have known that she was not paying the right amount of tax.
I asked for a review, which reached the same conclusion.
Is it worth taking to a tribunal? Thanks.
- Would this save hours of your time? 367 9
- Wrong career 423 18
- Laptop purchase 1,352 20
- PTP software disaster 221 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 156 4
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 203 2
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 88 2
- Director's tax return 192 3
- Tricky VAT question 136 1
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 101 2
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 229 6
- VT accounts licence key 234 5
- Weely paid employees 211 2
- Splitting the tax year 81 1
- FPS Submission 133 2
- Value pricing 638 20
- non resident receiving UK dividends 205 3
- P11d & Medical Ins 127 1
- vat return 221 1
- Underpaid National Insurance 174 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 789
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 545
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 409
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 291
- Free Tax Legislation? 253
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 235
- Director Loan account operation 233
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 231
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 225
- Paye procedures for CVA 159