HMRC won't collect tax from employer
My client has a state pension and a couple of part time jobs.
A BR coding was issued to one of the employers in 2007/08 but was not operated. My client did not notice the error and by 5 April 2011 the tax underpaid is in the order of £2,500.
I asked HMRC to collect this from the employer. They refuse, stating that the employer says he didn't receive the coding and that my client ought to have known that she was not paying the right amount of tax.
I asked for a review, which reached the same conclusion.
Is it worth taking to a tribunal? Thanks.
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 66 1
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 35 1
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 274 22
- Hobby Horse 800 8
- Non resident income. 455 20
- What sectors to target? 616 30
- FYAs on second-hand vans 263 7
- Rent a room scheme query. 193 3
- client can't/won't pay 1,945 41
- Self assesment online 999 11
- Why do I do this every year 421 9
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 307 5
- closing limited company 194 2
- VAT when selling on Amazon 108 1
- HMRC filing meltdown? 529 14
- Childcare voucher schemes 258 9
- IHT and US resident 75 1
- Limited Companies Merger 216 6
- Incidental costs of Acquisition for inherited property/shares 146 1
- Practice management 391 7
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 936
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 653
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 604
- Latest phishing scam 581
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 420
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 316
- Scratch Head 243
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 238
- Sabbatical payments 201
- Negligible Value Claim 178