HMRC won't collect tax from employer
My client has a state pension and a couple of part time jobs.
A BR coding was issued to one of the employers in 2007/08 but was not operated. My client did not notice the error and by 5 April 2011 the tax underpaid is in the order of £2,500.
I asked HMRC to collect this from the employer. They refuse, stating that the employer says he didn't receive the coding and that my client ought to have known that she was not paying the right amount of tax.
I asked for a review, which reached the same conclusion.
Is it worth taking to a tribunal? Thanks.
- Two trades one individual - Vat registration? 296 2
- How to claim subsistence for working away from home 173 3
- looking for a practice consultant 144 2
- The stupidity continues 1,430 73
- Withdrawing company car 107 1
- AML report needed? 178 7
- Bank request To verify Accounts 225 6
- RE assets introduced and rent 84 1
- transactions after account have been closed 310 10
- VAT on work on residential premises (empty for 2 years prior) 80 1
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 391 9
- Marketing and email surprises 451 9
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 767 26
- What is IRIS World like? 412 10
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 328 5
- Mlom bollocks 266 4
- VT Transactions Stock Issues 112 2
- Non-Europe based but want to do UK taxes 158 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 597 11
- Can I claim Vat on solicitors invoices? 316 6
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 445
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 445
- WIP Software 308
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 294
- No payroll scheme in place 243
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 236
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 215
- Is there anything wrong with this? 211
- Small Part Disposal of Property 201
- Uncommercial property business 189