HMRC won't collect tax from employer
My client has a state pension and a couple of part time jobs.
A BR coding was issued to one of the employers in 2007/08 but was not operated. My client did not notice the error and by 5 April 2011 the tax underpaid is in the order of £2,500.
I asked HMRC to collect this from the employer. They refuse, stating that the employer says he didn't receive the coding and that my client ought to have known that she was not paying the right amount of tax.
I asked for a review, which reached the same conclusion.
Is it worth taking to a tribunal? Thanks.
- Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax 139 2
- FRS17 query 189 2
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 873 6
- Moneysoft Payroll Manager 184 4
- Charge HMRC 124 2
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 466 17
- CT return error message 269 7
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 1,973 25
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 748 9
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 347 8
- VAT 158 2
- Group subcontracting - accounts not consolidated 79 1
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 178 2
- Capital repayments 174 3
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 271 6
- Online payroll software 272 4
- Audit rules 316 7
- I know this has been done to death but IRIS / DIGITA / CCH??? 602 10
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 293 1
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 275 1
- Xtuple 537
- Qtac payroll for bureau 367
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 307
- Industrial & Provident Societies 304
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 255
- CIS schemes 198
- Domain name sale and limited company 195
- Investment 178
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 169
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 162