HMRC won't collect tax from employer
My client has a state pension and a couple of part time jobs.
A BR coding was issued to one of the employers in 2007/08 but was not operated. My client did not notice the error and by 5 April 2011 the tax underpaid is in the order of £2,500.
I asked HMRC to collect this from the employer. They refuse, stating that the employer says he didn't receive the coding and that my client ought to have known that she was not paying the right amount of tax.
I asked for a review, which reached the same conclusion.
Is it worth taking to a tribunal? Thanks.
- Client Death 509 9
- Accounts formation/ speculative advertising 150 4
- Furniture Rental Business 33 1
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 335 2
- Are Bursaries Taxable 64 2
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 309 1
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 129 3
- Accountancy Software Recommendation for eCommerce Business 388 5
- What is going on with VAT applications?? 1,915 38
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 950 15
- Unallocated client money 166 5
- Dissolve a Ltd Company - How much do you charge? 331 5
- VAT On Conference Sponsorship 128 2
- Extracting funds from a failing Company 190 6
- Expenses Apps 133 1
- Tick & Bash Bristol 538 8
- CG34 Post Transaction Valuation, CGT and Entrepreneurs Relief 159 7
- Can Sage 50 Forecasting work with Excel 2013 or Office 365 137 2
- Can anyone recommend an EPOS system for a newsagents 204 2
- Agricultural Land Hold Over and Roll Over 158 5
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 597
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 472
- Sorry ignore me 368
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 365
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 275
- Cancelled 235
- Cancelled 202
- Bartercard 167
- C79 Discrepancy 163
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 152