HMRC won't collect tax from employer
My client has a state pension and a couple of part time jobs.
A BR coding was issued to one of the employers in 2007/08 but was not operated. My client did not notice the error and by 5 April 2011 the tax underpaid is in the order of £2,500.
I asked HMRC to collect this from the employer. They refuse, stating that the employer says he didn't receive the coding and that my client ought to have known that she was not paying the right amount of tax.
I asked for a review, which reached the same conclusion.
Is it worth taking to a tribunal? Thanks.
- Homing sandwiches 723 16
- Acounting Courses 69 1
- IT advisory questions? 345 9
- Mileage allowance payment via payroll 84 2
- Can you help me spot errors? 80 1
- signature required 777 30
- Employment Support Allowance 277 6
- Stock Control System for Ecommerce Website 258 2
- Dividend Waiver and Settlement Legislation 70 1
- Moneysoft and People's Pension 659 8
- When to leave the VAT FRS 126 6
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,037 17
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 209 2
- Direct debit entry query 79 2
- Use of home query 378 7
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 286 7
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 535 11
- CIS software 194 5
- Small bus. accounting software with departments 153 4
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 1,117 14
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,284
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 843
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 535
- Digita Hosted Software 349
- Credit where credit's due....... 325
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 250
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 212
- TheTax Donut 208
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 176
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 154