HMRC won't collect tax from employer
My client has a state pension and a couple of part time jobs.
A BR coding was issued to one of the employers in 2007/08 but was not operated. My client did not notice the error and by 5 April 2011 the tax underpaid is in the order of £2,500.
I asked HMRC to collect this from the employer. They refuse, stating that the employer says he didn't receive the coding and that my client ought to have known that she was not paying the right amount of tax.
I asked for a review, which reached the same conclusion.
Is it worth taking to a tribunal? Thanks.
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 148 2
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 102 3
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 230 1
- will this work for IHT 253 2
- Best software for small practice? 641 20
- Paid too much !! 277 2
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,746 39
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 279 7
- Taxfiler been down since mid-afternoon 228 5
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 490 17
- Gifting Shares to a Limited Company 135 1
- Company separation for Wholesale & Retail businesses 112 1
- Selling a VAT Qualifying vehicle at a loss 118 1
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 481 15
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 751 11
- Sports Sponsorship 169 1
- New Shareholder and Purchase of Own Share 280 17
- Opt To Tax Refund 214 2
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 277 6
- Is the CT61 return dead? 1,332 14
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 769
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 455
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 276
- DTA tie-breaker issue 263
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 249
- CGT for NOn UK residents 224
- Apprenticeship Levy 203
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 195
- Capital Gains personal representatives 183
- Just checking re PSA 175