Holiday calculation problem for a departing employee
I wonder if I could have some guidance in calculating the remaining holidays for an employee who has chosen to terminate her contract and will be leaving the company at the end of September.
The employee is entitled to 31 days holiday this year (20 days + 11 public holidays).
However, this is made slightly more complicated by the company requirement (Employee Handbook) which states that employees are required to take 1st January, 25th December, 26th December as compulsory holidays as the office is closed on those days. All other public holidays are flexible – employees can either take them when they fall or take a day in lieu if preferred, with their manager’s agreement.
So, to get to the point, as this employee will be leaving at the end of September would her holiday entitlement for the nine months she has worked be 9/12 x 31 days or 9/12 x 29 days?
In other words, is it correct to exclude 25th December and 26th December from the entitlement?
- Starting your response in the subject line of the form 460 13
- Company Strike off 105 5
- VAT B2B EU service - curious 274 6
- 'Careless' Self Assessment Error 274 8
- HMRC Security Deposit 1,254 19
- Self Assessment penalties again 59 1
- living will or LPA? 44 1
- Practice software 1,324 19
- Company Limited by Guarantee 212 3
- wife as partner 831 5
- Job costing 192 1
- is anybody using iris and sql server standard 2014? 241 5
- Shares held in trust 169 4
- Servicing AE fees 341 7
- Company accounts for £350 1,224 32
- Spread Betting and Forex Trading 170 2
- APN's 225 1
- How to report under-declaration on next VAT100? 230 2
- Sage Drive Queue.dta file lock out 807 20
- children inherit property 273 5
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 321
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 315
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 281
- French ConnectionUK 252
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 232
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 210
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 209
- Tax surcharge appeal - where to send ? 148
- Agricultural Flat Rate Scheme 141
- Indian Provident Fund 138