Holiday calculation problem for a departing employee
I wonder if I could have some guidance in calculating the remaining holidays for an employee who has chosen to terminate her contract and will be leaving the company at the end of September.
The employee is entitled to 31 days holiday this year (20 days + 11 public holidays).
However, this is made slightly more complicated by the company requirement (Employee Handbook) which states that employees are required to take 1st January, 25th December, 26th December as compulsory holidays as the office is closed on those days. All other public holidays are flexible – employees can either take them when they fall or take a day in lieu if preferred, with their manager’s agreement.
So, to get to the point, as this employee will be leaving at the end of September would her holiday entitlement for the nine months she has worked be 9/12 x 31 days or 9/12 x 29 days?
In other words, is it correct to exclude 25th December and 26th December from the entitlement?
- Missing tax return 312 4
- r there any crustie unemployed failed accounting clerks here ? 272 3
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 110 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,041 30
- Inflation and fees 1,359 24
- Sage Priority Support 167 3
- incorrect old p60 299 5
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 178 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 822 24
- Micro-entity accounts 193 1
- Related party disclosure 195 3
- Company reconstruction 129 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 228 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 141 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 163 1
- Advice please! 408 2
- VAT on new builds 181 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 142 1
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 383 6
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,983 28