Holiday calculation problem for a departing employee
I wonder if I could have some guidance in calculating the remaining holidays for an employee who has chosen to terminate her contract and will be leaving the company at the end of September.
The employee is entitled to 31 days holiday this year (20 days + 11 public holidays).
However, this is made slightly more complicated by the company requirement (Employee Handbook) which states that employees are required to take 1st January, 25th December, 26th December as compulsory holidays as the office is closed on those days. All other public holidays are flexible – employees can either take them when they fall or take a day in lieu if preferred, with their manager’s agreement.
So, to get to the point, as this employee will be leaving at the end of September would her holiday entitlement for the nine months she has worked be 9/12 x 31 days or 9/12 x 29 days?
In other words, is it correct to exclude 25th December and 26th December from the entitlement?
- SA302 226 4
- Hosted email exchange 157 5
- South African Government Pension 168 1
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 144 3
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 219 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 281 13
- Prefer to start accepting Online Card Payments 142 1
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 224 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 134 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 265 7
- New Email Extensions 158 1
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 283 2
- Dental practice incorpration 135 1
- Audit rules 168 4
- Go Cardless 291 8
- business entertaining deductibility 161 1
- Self assessment tax arrears 197 2
- R & D 112 3
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 96 1
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 183 1
- Xtuple 503
- Qtac payroll for bureau 338
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 285
- Industrial & Provident Societies 279
- Mehjoo 224
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 222
- New strategic report 174
- Domain name sale and limited company 165
- CIS schemes 156
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 152