Holiday calculation problem for a departing employee
I wonder if I could have some guidance in calculating the remaining holidays for an employee who has chosen to terminate her contract and will be leaving the company at the end of September.
The employee is entitled to 31 days holiday this year (20 days + 11 public holidays).
However, this is made slightly more complicated by the company requirement (Employee Handbook) which states that employees are required to take 1st January, 25th December, 26th December as compulsory holidays as the office is closed on those days. All other public holidays are flexible – employees can either take them when they fall or take a day in lieu if preferred, with their manager’s agreement.
So, to get to the point, as this employee will be leaving at the end of September would her holiday entitlement for the nine months she has worked be 9/12 x 31 days or 9/12 x 29 days?
In other words, is it correct to exclude 25th December and 26th December from the entitlement?
- If an invoice is sent and paid does a contract exist 113 6
- Auto enrolment 353 6
- Inventory valuation of precious metals? 305 3
- Share swap 247 6
- I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes 253 3
- Partnership to LLP - Capital Contribution 89 1
- Threshold for RTI submission 47 1
- Surcharges on very late VAT 159 2
- Was I rude 551 16
- Top slicing relief question no 2 131 3
- Money Laundering checks on Charity 89 3
- Maternity Pay 132 2
- Career slump - advice and/or sympathy much appreciated 573 14
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 623 10
- Recording VAT refund and payment on Sage 50 58 1
- Auto enrolment for one or two director companies 1,719 27
- Director's minimum wage? 235 4
- Advertising services? 306 1
- Practical Query: Entrepreneurs and PPR Reliefs 312 4
- Invoice factoring 255 8
- Skandia using wrong address 1,472
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 801
- Any views 722
- International interest certificate 438
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 410
- Sale of business 377
- NOVA 276
- IRIS Open Books problem 272
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 187
- Expenses claim for non employee 177