Holiday calculation problem for a departing employee
I wonder if I could have some guidance in calculating the remaining holidays for an employee who has chosen to terminate her contract and will be leaving the company at the end of September.
The employee is entitled to 31 days holiday this year (20 days + 11 public holidays).
However, this is made slightly more complicated by the company requirement (Employee Handbook) which states that employees are required to take 1st January, 25th December, 26th December as compulsory holidays as the office is closed on those days. All other public holidays are flexible – employees can either take them when they fall or take a day in lieu if preferred, with their manager’s agreement.
So, to get to the point, as this employee will be leaving at the end of September would her holiday entitlement for the nine months she has worked be 9/12 x 31 days or 9/12 x 29 days?
In other words, is it correct to exclude 25th December and 26th December from the entitlement?
- Company pays me the mileage rate of a company vehicle 125 2
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 405 4
- Employment support allowance and self employed 137 3
- Registered Office 161 3
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,491 23
- recovery of S455 on informal winding 319 5
- Partnership Registration 121 2
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 914 36
- Owners loan to business - is interest taxable 126 2
- Would this save hours of your time? 694 12
- Audit Required 1,190 22
- HMRC to sell our tax data to private companies 318 9
- Residential Management Companies 100 2
- Value pricing 2,864 37
- Problems with CT600 filing 403 5
- Flat rate scheme - which rate to use? 400 11
- Payroll software for Mac 127 1
- Online / Cloud Data Back Up 127 2
- Excel problem - pivot tables and multiple data sources 221 5
- CIS and Close Company 211 6
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 948
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 662
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 408
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 335
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 264
- Paye procedures for CVA 253
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 251
- Expenses Re-imbursed on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 203
- Compliance Checks - Time limits 195
- Pension Fixed Protection 190