Holiday calculation problem for a departing employee
I wonder if I could have some guidance in calculating the remaining holidays for an employee who has chosen to terminate her contract and will be leaving the company at the end of September.
The employee is entitled to 31 days holiday this year (20 days + 11 public holidays).
However, this is made slightly more complicated by the company requirement (Employee Handbook) which states that employees are required to take 1st January, 25th December, 26th December as compulsory holidays as the office is closed on those days. All other public holidays are flexible – employees can either take them when they fall or take a day in lieu if preferred, with their manager’s agreement.
So, to get to the point, as this employee will be leaving at the end of September would her holiday entitlement for the nine months she has worked be 9/12 x 31 days or 9/12 x 29 days?
In other words, is it correct to exclude 25th December and 26th December from the entitlement?
- Spousal transfer and PPR 666 29
- unmarried couple, two houses, one rental - CGT? 223 8
- recompense capital input 161 11
- Exports/Dispatches - non VAT registered 99 2
- Capital allowances on taxis 213 2
- CT losses carry back 70 1
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 542 17
- help guys! self employed or still company income? 117 2
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 743 19
- Deferred Tax Asset & Liability 413 12
- Where has Portia gone? 2,234 68
- Financial Advisor / Mortgage brokering 119 1
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 182 3
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 219 5
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 985 22
- What shall I reduce payments on account to? 195 3
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 248 5
- Merging my businesses 224 3
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 487 8
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 380 9
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 797
- RTI - duplicate employee record 561
- Pensions Regulator 451
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 413
- Portia ... Where art thou 327
- Sanzar 315
- How do you do it 300
- Digital marketing focus group 298
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 273
- new investor structure 183