Holiday calculation problem for a departing employee
I wonder if I could have some guidance in calculating the remaining holidays for an employee who has chosen to terminate her contract and will be leaving the company at the end of September.
The employee is entitled to 31 days holiday this year (20 days + 11 public holidays).
However, this is made slightly more complicated by the company requirement (Employee Handbook) which states that employees are required to take 1st January, 25th December, 26th December as compulsory holidays as the office is closed on those days. All other public holidays are flexible – employees can either take them when they fall or take a day in lieu if preferred, with their manager’s agreement.
So, to get to the point, as this employee will be leaving at the end of September would her holiday entitlement for the nine months she has worked be 9/12 x 31 days or 9/12 x 29 days?
In other words, is it correct to exclude 25th December and 26th December from the entitlement?
- Can't read my handwriting 686 17
- Fees for Property Tax Return 563 19
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 425 14
- Direct Debit - no receipts 399 9
- Director selling assets to the company that were given to her 180 5
- Revaluation of investment proeprty 143 2
- Subsistence expenses for one man band contractor companies 221 5
- How good is OCRREX Auto Rec software? 452 10
- Sage Line50 Journal Entry Help! 259 16
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 337 13
- Partnership issues and acting for one partner 60 1
- Corp Tax Refund 210 3
- corp tax software 1,067 14
- How can customer service quality vary between the basic pension firms? 437 6
- PRR 479 15
- Working from home - time apportionment 318 3
- Recovering VAT on property purchase 221 2
- cross border vat 122 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 12,974 488
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 813 17
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,375
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 521
- National Insurance 421
- Non Resident 322
- Hands on experience of Digita 245
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 233
- Employer's Helpline 189
- CIS paid under reg 9 189
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 153
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 152