Holiday calculation problem for a departing employee
I wonder if I could have some guidance in calculating the remaining holidays for an employee who has chosen to terminate her contract and will be leaving the company at the end of September.
The employee is entitled to 31 days holiday this year (20 days + 11 public holidays).
However, this is made slightly more complicated by the company requirement (Employee Handbook) which states that employees are required to take 1st January, 25th December, 26th December as compulsory holidays as the office is closed on those days. All other public holidays are flexible – employees can either take them when they fall or take a day in lieu if preferred, with their manager’s agreement.
So, to get to the point, as this employee will be leaving at the end of September would her holiday entitlement for the nine months she has worked be 9/12 x 31 days or 9/12 x 29 days?
In other words, is it correct to exclude 25th December and 26th December from the entitlement?
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 867 12
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 560 20
- BA Cabin Crew Employment Expenses 1,468 5
- How much does the company pay 89 2
- Help with CGT please 91 3
- Lack of VAT Receipt 126 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 310 6
- Benefit in Kind 311 6
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 325 17
- Will I need to resign? 948 11
- Cocaine anyone? 676 11
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 259 4
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 166 4
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 205 3
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 182 2
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 727 13
- Personal pension 456 9
- Business rates consultancy 275 4
- Wrong tax code 197 6
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 119 2
- Hive up 523
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 479
- corporate hierarchy 458
- Advice - 302
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 249
- WWOOFers 246
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 225
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 202
- The booking.com con 193
- Cocaine anyone? 174