Holiday calculation problem for a departing employee
I wonder if I could have some guidance in calculating the remaining holidays for an employee who has chosen to terminate her contract and will be leaving the company at the end of September.
The employee is entitled to 31 days holiday this year (20 days + 11 public holidays).
However, this is made slightly more complicated by the company requirement (Employee Handbook) which states that employees are required to take 1st January, 25th December, 26th December as compulsory holidays as the office is closed on those days. All other public holidays are flexible – employees can either take them when they fall or take a day in lieu if preferred, with their manager’s agreement.
So, to get to the point, as this employee will be leaving at the end of September would her holiday entitlement for the nine months she has worked be 9/12 x 31 days or 9/12 x 29 days?
In other words, is it correct to exclude 25th December and 26th December from the entitlement?
- Xerocon 2016 982 23
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 180 5
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,174 40
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 197 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 568 12
- Personal Tax 463 11
- USA Tax Query 131 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,652 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 932 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 242 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 590 18
- Corrupt Excel File 671 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 342 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,962 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 287 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 390 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 149 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 282 4
- last minute request 486 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,250 46