Holiday calculation problem for a departing employee
I wonder if I could have some guidance in calculating the remaining holidays for an employee who has chosen to terminate her contract and will be leaving the company at the end of September.
The employee is entitled to 31 days holiday this year (20 days + 11 public holidays).
However, this is made slightly more complicated by the company requirement (Employee Handbook) which states that employees are required to take 1st January, 25th December, 26th December as compulsory holidays as the office is closed on those days. All other public holidays are flexible – employees can either take them when they fall or take a day in lieu if preferred, with their manager’s agreement.
So, to get to the point, as this employee will be leaving at the end of September would her holiday entitlement for the nine months she has worked be 9/12 x 31 days or 9/12 x 29 days?
In other words, is it correct to exclude 25th December and 26th December from the entitlement?
- signature required 45 2
- Is laminated flooring an improvement on carpets? 397 13
- Dispensation 78 2
- South African family trust and UK resident beneficiary 70 3
- Seting up a Direct Debit for PAYE 265 3
- Late Filing and Late Registration Penalty 182 3
- Capitalising purchased software 90 2
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 241 2
- Web sites 92 1
- Recharge for private use of a company car 551 17
- how to object to registered company name... 315 2
- Property income in different capacities 246 5
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 517 12
- CGT 466 19
- CGT 284 5
- Vat registration exception 138 2
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 473 10
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 134 1
- Charity Grant accounting 109 3
- Entrepreneurs Relief 856 46
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,210
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 805
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 503
- Digita Hosted Software 325
- Credit where credit's due....... 298
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 231
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 176
- TheTax Donut 156
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 150
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 144