Holiday calculation problem for a departing employee
I wonder if I could have some guidance in calculating the remaining holidays for an employee who has chosen to terminate her contract and will be leaving the company at the end of September.
The employee is entitled to 31 days holiday this year (20 days + 11 public holidays).
However, this is made slightly more complicated by the company requirement (Employee Handbook) which states that employees are required to take 1st January, 25th December, 26th December as compulsory holidays as the office is closed on those days. All other public holidays are flexible – employees can either take them when they fall or take a day in lieu if preferred, with their manager’s agreement.
So, to get to the point, as this employee will be leaving at the end of September would her holiday entitlement for the nine months she has worked be 9/12 x 31 days or 9/12 x 29 days?
In other words, is it correct to exclude 25th December and 26th December from the entitlement?
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 219 1
- What aspects of accountancy/book-keeping most trouble people 112 2
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 170 4
- CIS gross status review 72 1
- Notes needed for a new partner in an LLP 114 2
- Dividend payments to spouses 333 6
- Flat rate vat error 230 5
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 108 5
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 131 2
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 61 1
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 126 4
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 348 8
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 598 17
- Dispensation pointless ? 258 4
- Accountant Pays Clients Tax 599 11
- Are bankruptcy restrictions order becoming more common? 195 4
- Charge out rates in London? 199 2
- Accounting jobs in the UK 109 1
- Negative retained earnings & Dividends 170 3
- pre letting expenses 153 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 745
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 478
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 294
- How to format a stock book 256
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 208
- Tax efficient holding company structure 197
- Investment property company accounts template 186
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 182
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 166
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 150