Holiday calculation problem for a departing employee
I wonder if I could have some guidance in calculating the remaining holidays for an employee who has chosen to terminate her contract and will be leaving the company at the end of September.
The employee is entitled to 31 days holiday this year (20 days + 11 public holidays).
However, this is made slightly more complicated by the company requirement (Employee Handbook) which states that employees are required to take 1st January, 25th December, 26th December as compulsory holidays as the office is closed on those days. All other public holidays are flexible – employees can either take them when they fall or take a day in lieu if preferred, with their manager’s agreement.
So, to get to the point, as this employee will be leaving at the end of September would her holiday entitlement for the nine months she has worked be 9/12 x 31 days or 9/12 x 29 days?
In other words, is it correct to exclude 25th December and 26th December from the entitlement?
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,328 51
- Option to tax by two individuals "together" not as a Ltd company 56 2
- Directors exempt from AE? 404 8
- Cut-off accounting question 275 7
- Freehold management company 45 1
- account in joint names - gift? 153 3
- DIRECTOR LOAN ACCOUNT AND BALANCE 478 10
- HMRC site down ? 414 7
- exemptions from CIS 102 2
- Depreciation on purchase of software 409 7
- Class of Shares 179 4
- Contact at HMRC for agents 106 1
- Offshore bond assigned to UK discretionary trust 125 5
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 491 10
- What would you do? 580 5
- is photo id necessary to set up a direct debit? 602 23
- Auto Enrolment 186 4
- Tax Filer - Transfering figures from partnership to personal returns 223 8
- Volontaire International en Entreprise (VIE) 114 2
- statutory maternity pay 154 3
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 387
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 341
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 322
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 306
- Electric Car 260
- S222 Charge 224
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 222
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 208
- Company Structure 200
- How to treat NI and PAYE for overseas staff employed in UK? 170