Holiday calculation problem for a departing employee
I wonder if I could have some guidance in calculating the remaining holidays for an employee who has chosen to terminate her contract and will be leaving the company at the end of September.
The employee is entitled to 31 days holiday this year (20 days + 11 public holidays).
However, this is made slightly more complicated by the company requirement (Employee Handbook) which states that employees are required to take 1st January, 25th December, 26th December as compulsory holidays as the office is closed on those days. All other public holidays are flexible – employees can either take them when they fall or take a day in lieu if preferred, with their manager’s agreement.
So, to get to the point, as this employee will be leaving at the end of September would her holiday entitlement for the nine months she has worked be 9/12 x 31 days or 9/12 x 29 days?
In other words, is it correct to exclude 25th December and 26th December from the entitlement?
- Dividend payment date 1,867 33
- Hollyoaks cast - changes due to Social Security Regulations 2,686 18
- Garage Conversion -Ltd Company Office 113 2
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 124 5
- Director hired as an individual 61 2
- Real names 520 20
- VAT charge needed on van sale? 88 2
- Company Secretarial Software 1,276 27
- Agricultural Land Hold Over and Roll Over 82 2
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 190 2
- Taxfiler - is it really good? 174 6
- Tax relief on licence costs 113 1
- Who owns the data 213 3
- Clarification over - VAT Box 8 - Flat rate scheme 152 5
- Sole Trader Fees 112 1
- Loan interest rental property 192 5
- Theatre as charitable company 45 1
- Peer to Peer lending 135 5
- What's the plural? 668 14
- Well well well 255 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 569
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 431
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 332
- IFA incorporation 307
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 299
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 291
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 250
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 238
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 229
- Sorry ignore me 223