Holiday calculation problem for a departing employee
I wonder if I could have some guidance in calculating the remaining holidays for an employee who has chosen to terminate her contract and will be leaving the company at the end of September.
The employee is entitled to 31 days holiday this year (20 days + 11 public holidays).
However, this is made slightly more complicated by the company requirement (Employee Handbook) which states that employees are required to take 1st January, 25th December, 26th December as compulsory holidays as the office is closed on those days. All other public holidays are flexible – employees can either take them when they fall or take a day in lieu if preferred, with their manager’s agreement.
So, to get to the point, as this employee will be leaving at the end of September would her holiday entitlement for the nine months she has worked be 9/12 x 31 days or 9/12 x 29 days?
In other words, is it correct to exclude 25th December and 26th December from the entitlement?
- any implications of this type of transaction 62 2
- Mem & Arts - Multiple Share Classes & Rights 21 1
- Does IR35 apply? 79 1
- Capital allowances or revenue is capital? 95 1
- How much did you pay for your website 1,691 28
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 100 3
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 291 11
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 1,033 13
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 265 7
- Sage data 108 1
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 422 9
- Limited company buying a car 362 6
- Funding Circle experience 160 3
- Excel query 124 2
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,298 13
- Payment on account penalties 134 3
- Tax on free shares 148 5
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 209 3
- Capital allowances on sale and puchase of business assets 129 1
- Audit 493 14
- CTA study material 805
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 498
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 461
- Employment related securities question 324
- AIM Stocks and IHT 312
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 284
- Expat pension contributions? 282
- Trust for Employee 257
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 234
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 161