Hope you all had a good Christmas!
I have a client who is in recruitment. He pays temp workers and they accrue holiday pay as per standard practice. At the end of the year he pays them the balance of their holiday pay that they have not taken. I said I thought that the holidays would be written off and not paid but my client insists that because they are temporary workers he has to pay them.
I'm not entirely convinced, I always assumed that it was a "take them or lose them" situation. It certainly was for me in employment!
Can anyone clarify the situation for me? I guess that if it's in their contract it must be done but I'm looking to future employees etc.
- Missing tax return 307 4
- r there any crustie unemployed failed accounting clerks here ? 262 3
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 108 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,040 30
- Inflation and fees 1,356 24
- Sage Priority Support 167 3
- incorrect old p60 295 5
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 177 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 822 24
- Micro-entity accounts 189 1
- Related party disclosure 194 3
- Company reconstruction 128 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 227 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 141 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 162 1
- Advice please! 407 2
- VAT on new builds 181 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 141 1
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 383 6
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,983 28