Hope you all had a good Christmas!
I have a client who is in recruitment. He pays temp workers and they accrue holiday pay as per standard practice. At the end of the year he pays them the balance of their holiday pay that they have not taken. I said I thought that the holidays would be written off and not paid but my client insists that because they are temporary workers he has to pay them.
I'm not entirely convinced, I always assumed that it was a "take them or lose them" situation. It certainly was for me in employment!
Can anyone clarify the situation for me? I guess that if it's in their contract it must be done but I'm looking to future employees etc.
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 148 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 183 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,223 35
- Mortgage Reference 535 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 238 7
- Insovent companies 883 19
- New Build 195 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,295 48
- BrightPay quirks 209 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 805 20
- Website Content 166 1
- Personal Tax 629 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 185 1
- USA Tax Query 305 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 439 5
- last minute request 655 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 355 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 392 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,740 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 988 6