Holiday pay paid each week
Just taking on a new payroll client, they run 3 small coffee shop type businesses, mix of full time and part time staff. It's only been operating 2-3 mths. The current payroll bureau has been including holiday pay each month based on the hours worked. So when an employee does take time off it's 'unpaid' as they have already been paid.
I can't say we have come across this before, seems to have some merits in that you haven't got to work out their entitlement but I wonder if the staff fully realise what will happen when they have time off i.e. no pay.
Has anybody else come across this?
- Cashflow forecasting software 241 3
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,896 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 240 4
- Turnover on a tax return 180 7
- incorrect old p60 390 9
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 228 3
- VAT refund 129 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 209 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 258 3
- Missing tax return 379 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,100 30
- Inflation and fees 1,395 24
- Sage Priority Support 182 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 835 24
- Micro-entity accounts 268 1
- Related party disclosure 224 3
- Company reconstruction 158 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 244 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 166 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 187 1