Home working expenses Limited Company
My client, an architect operates through a limited company.
He has business premises but for some of the year has worked some of the time from his own house on design work for clients.
I'm intending to make a deduction from the limited company as an expense as follows:
Take the proportion of that room used for business as a proportion of the whole house living space X for the number of days so used /365 and apply that:
Heat and lighting cost.
Council tax cost. (Bit unsure on this because do not want to incur business rates ?)
Then invoice this cost from himself to his limited company, therefore reducing his CT profits by this amount.
Include the invoice as income in his personal tax return but offset by the same amount of expense.
Not sure if I may be better off using the HMRC Rate of £4 / week but thats not likely to cover actual costs.
It seems perfectly reasonable to me, but I would be very grateful to hear if this has generally been done by any Acc Web fellow accountants or if it is just likely to generate more bother than its worth.
- Investment property? 523 4
- error on companies house accounts 885 20
- Director's personal expenses paid by the Company 154 3
- Quote for client 183 4
- Do you get your clients to sign their EOY EPS submission? 982 13
- ATT Exam tips and study help 89 2
- Reversal of Warranty Provision 256 9
- Can a company act like a charity, without being a registered charity? 243 5
- Client's company struck off 1,762 21
- Separate Pay runs for salary and commission 74 1
- Refurbised Pub 148 4
- Amend this years FPS's - any HMRC penalties? 163 4
- Directors obligation to notify 377 6
- Tax relief in respect of rental property/withdrawing of capital 74 2
- ATED on a hotel that isn't in use? 96 1
- Tax and children 315 2
- Moneysoft update problem 246 4
- HMRC stupidity of the day 568 4
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 830 7
- QROP pension input amounts 531 1
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 512
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 452
- EPS and CIS deductions 318
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 301
- Construction CIS LLP Company 293
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 274
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 220
- SAGE winforecast 212
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 199
- Overdrawn director account 199