Home working expenses Limited Company
My client, an architect operates through a limited company.
He has business premises but for some of the year has worked some of the time from his own house on design work for clients.
I'm intending to make a deduction from the limited company as an expense as follows:
Take the proportion of that room used for business as a proportion of the whole house living space X for the number of days so used /365 and apply that:
Heat and lighting cost.
Council tax cost. (Bit unsure on this because do not want to incur business rates ?)
Then invoice this cost from himself to his limited company, therefore reducing his CT profits by this amount.
Include the invoice as income in his personal tax return but offset by the same amount of expense.
Not sure if I may be better off using the HMRC Rate of £4 / week but thats not likely to cover actual costs.
It seems perfectly reasonable to me, but I would be very grateful to hear if this has generally been done by any Acc Web fellow accountants or if it is just likely to generate more bother than its worth.
- Deduction from net or gross pay? 219 4
- VAT on motor expenses 951 35
- Machine games duty in quickbooks 75 2
- Share swap 447 17
- CIS Deductions 131 6
- Interest Free Loan - Salay Sacrifice? 117 2
- Know it alls (who don't) 628 14
- Auto enrolment for one or two director companies 1,835 28
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 461 14
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 488 10
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,545 45
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 344 16
- Moneysoft Payroll Windows 8.1 Woes - Help! 841 17
- How to account fot Cross-border vat. 179 4
- Check my logic on this please? 263 1
- VAT Margin Scheme for Second Hand Watches 92 2
- VAT reports on trade debtors and trade creditors 236 6
- Late P45 221 5
- CIC accounts submission 112 3
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 617 20
- Skandia using wrong address 1,565
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 865
- International interest certificate 476
- NOVA 333
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 252
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 242
- Management expenses for investment company 226
- Bonus Bonds 220
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 209
- Help with tax codes on Sage 163