Home working expenses Limited Company
My client, an architect operates through a limited company.
He has business premises but for some of the year has worked some of the time from his own house on design work for clients.
I'm intending to make a deduction from the limited company as an expense as follows:
Take the proportion of that room used for business as a proportion of the whole house living space X for the number of days so used /365 and apply that:
Heat and lighting cost.
Council tax cost. (Bit unsure on this because do not want to incur business rates ?)
Then invoice this cost from himself to his limited company, therefore reducing his CT profits by this amount.
Include the invoice as income in his personal tax return but offset by the same amount of expense.
Not sure if I may be better off using the HMRC Rate of £4 / week but thats not likely to cover actual costs.
It seems perfectly reasonable to me, but I would be very grateful to hear if this has generally been done by any Acc Web fellow accountants or if it is just likely to generate more bother than its worth.
- Moneysoft Payroll 199 4
- Capital Allowance on Vehicles - CT600 119 2
- Introduction of assets to Limited Company (Comic Books) 276 11
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 925 20
- Seeking advice: Do you pay tax on donations if you are not a registered charity? 253 4
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 938 14
- Buying a company for £20,000 from owner how it works? 476 7
- BTL property and holdover or other relief 174 4
- Client right to working papers 1,546 11
- vat gross margins 191 2
- Employer PAYE Refund 216 4
- e mail 216 1
- Auto enrolment 582 9
- HMRC Debt collectors 1,358 6
- VAT on new build property 165 2
- Auto enrolment 302 9
- SAGE 50 2011 165 1
- Are there any auto-enrolment engagement letter templates? 1,638 36
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 1,881 22
- Loss on sale of goodwill 226 2
- NHS finance professionals 672
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 413
- Foreign Pension Contribution 384
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 369
- vat gross profit percentage margins 367
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 355
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 315
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 283
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 243
- IFA income recognition & reporting 215