Home working expenses Limited Company
My client, an architect operates through a limited company.
He has business premises but for some of the year has worked some of the time from his own house on design work for clients.
I'm intending to make a deduction from the limited company as an expense as follows:
Take the proportion of that room used for business as a proportion of the whole house living space X for the number of days so used /365 and apply that:
Heat and lighting cost.
Council tax cost. (Bit unsure on this because do not want to incur business rates ?)
Then invoice this cost from himself to his limited company, therefore reducing his CT profits by this amount.
Include the invoice as income in his personal tax return but offset by the same amount of expense.
Not sure if I may be better off using the HMRC Rate of £4 / week but thats not likely to cover actual costs.
It seems perfectly reasonable to me, but I would be very grateful to hear if this has generally been done by any Acc Web fellow accountants or if it is just likely to generate more bother than its worth.
- Payroll experience for beginning AAT student 207 6
- Problem ex client...again.. 2,554 22
- Terminal loss 149 1
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,775 80
- Enquiry into tax return - how co-operative would you be? 485 10
- Dependant Relative 228 3
- Providing registered office address to clients 220 5
- What would you do in this situation? 317 8
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 1,506 49
- Capital allowances anti-avoidance 431 14
- Foster Care 115 1
- Share premium or Directors Loan 792 33
- TOMS - Travel Agents 58 1
- Insurance Claim & VAT 99 1
- Interest Free Loan - Salay Sacrifice? 278 5
- Rollover relief - when does gain crystallise in this situation? 141 2
- HMRC Money Laundering Visit 587 3
- Dividend Payments 509 12
- Employed clients and expenses 897 18
- More HMRC on gov.uk 681 12
- Bonus Bonds 397
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 393
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 304
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 266
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 205
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 197
- Company Car Lease 173
- Finance Lease 162
- Form 42 156
- Demerger Reserve 136