Home working expenses Limited Company
My client, an architect operates through a limited company.
He has business premises but for some of the year has worked some of the time from his own house on design work for clients.
I'm intending to make a deduction from the limited company as an expense as follows:
Take the proportion of that room used for business as a proportion of the whole house living space X for the number of days so used /365 and apply that:
Heat and lighting cost.
Council tax cost. (Bit unsure on this because do not want to incur business rates ?)
Then invoice this cost from himself to his limited company, therefore reducing his CT profits by this amount.
Include the invoice as income in his personal tax return but offset by the same amount of expense.
Not sure if I may be better off using the HMRC Rate of £4 / week but thats not likely to cover actual costs.
It seems perfectly reasonable to me, but I would be very grateful to hear if this has generally been done by any Acc Web fellow accountants or if it is just likely to generate more bother than its worth.
- General tax book with planning 135 2
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,189 69
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 270 11
- Gift of property & improvements 105 2
- Error in past Corporate tax return 331 5
- VAT Invoice 119 4
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 796 32
- IHT and Swiss Property 121 1
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 205 3
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 168 7
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 139 2
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 439 10
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 363 8
- Help with tax codes on Sage 248 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 179 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 258 4
- Accounting for a finance lease 159 4
- SA302's anyone?? 531 16
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,643 41
- Renting for military reasons 192 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,620
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 901
- International interest certificate 509
- NOVA 368
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 292
- Management expenses for investment company 263
- Bonus Bonds 261
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 172
- tax on apprenticeship income 172
- P11D benefit received by widow 148