Home working expenses Limited Company
My client, an architect operates through a limited company.
He has business premises but for some of the year has worked some of the time from his own house on design work for clients.
I'm intending to make a deduction from the limited company as an expense as follows:
Take the proportion of that room used for business as a proportion of the whole house living space X for the number of days so used /365 and apply that:
Heat and lighting cost.
Council tax cost. (Bit unsure on this because do not want to incur business rates ?)
Then invoice this cost from himself to his limited company, therefore reducing his CT profits by this amount.
Include the invoice as income in his personal tax return but offset by the same amount of expense.
Not sure if I may be better off using the HMRC Rate of £4 / week but thats not likely to cover actual costs.
It seems perfectly reasonable to me, but I would be very grateful to hear if this has generally been done by any Acc Web fellow accountants or if it is just likely to generate more bother than its worth.
- Would this save hours of your time? 369 9
- Wrong career 424 18
- Laptop purchase 1,352 20
- PTP software disaster 222 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 157 4
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 203 2
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 91 2
- Director's tax return 194 3
- Tricky VAT question 138 1
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 102 2
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 230 6
- VT accounts licence key 237 5
- Weely paid employees 211 2
- Splitting the tax year 84 1
- FPS Submission 135 2
- Value pricing 639 20
- non resident receiving UK dividends 205 3
- P11d & Medical Ins 130 1
- vat return 221 1
- Underpaid National Insurance 174 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 789
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 545
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 409
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 291
- Free Tax Legislation? 253
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 235
- Director Loan account operation 234
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 233
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 228
- Paye procedures for CVA 159