Home working expenses Limited Company
My client, an architect operates through a limited company.
He has business premises but for some of the year has worked some of the time from his own house on design work for clients.
I'm intending to make a deduction from the limited company as an expense as follows:
Take the proportion of that room used for business as a proportion of the whole house living space X for the number of days so used /365 and apply that:
Heat and lighting cost.
Council tax cost. (Bit unsure on this because do not want to incur business rates ?)
Then invoice this cost from himself to his limited company, therefore reducing his CT profits by this amount.
Include the invoice as income in his personal tax return but offset by the same amount of expense.
Not sure if I may be better off using the HMRC Rate of £4 / week but thats not likely to cover actual costs.
It seems perfectly reasonable to me, but I would be very grateful to hear if this has generally been done by any Acc Web fellow accountants or if it is just likely to generate more bother than its worth.
- Car or Van - BIK not VAT 393 12
- VAT position on EU supplies/commission 90 2
- Moneysoft - technical query 201 4
- Let Property Campaign 170 3
- is photo id necessary to set up a direct debit? 50 1
- What would you do? 336 2
- Taxable income for previous years 360 8
- Depreciation on purchase of software 145 2
- SA302 list of lenders accepting alternative 1,306 16
- App recommendations 327 4
- Defend your local inspector? 622 7
- accountant in Bristol 499 1
- New Company Director PAYE Question 761 20
- Exasperated by HMRC 2,148 19
- How long should one give Aweb … 705 9
- Resident and Non-resident 766 7
- Benefit in Kind - Director loan or not? 166 3
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 418 16
- Working Hours Calculation - Rounding Hours up/down 146 2
- Self employed Self Assessment 398 2
- HMRC arbitrarily amending tax returns for higher rate child benefit charge 357
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 343
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 279
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 251
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 251
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 243
- Electric Car 195
- S222 Charge 184
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 176
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 175