Home working expenses Limited Company
My client, an architect operates through a limited company.
He has business premises but for some of the year has worked some of the time from his own house on design work for clients.
I'm intending to make a deduction from the limited company as an expense as follows:
Take the proportion of that room used for business as a proportion of the whole house living space X for the number of days so used /365 and apply that:
Heat and lighting cost.
Council tax cost. (Bit unsure on this because do not want to incur business rates ?)
Then invoice this cost from himself to his limited company, therefore reducing his CT profits by this amount.
Include the invoice as income in his personal tax return but offset by the same amount of expense.
Not sure if I may be better off using the HMRC Rate of £4 / week but thats not likely to cover actual costs.
It seems perfectly reasonable to me, but I would be very grateful to hear if this has generally been done by any Acc Web fellow accountants or if it is just likely to generate more bother than its worth.
- Cash basis 598 18
- Desperate IFAs and Auto-enrolment Scare stories 251 12
- What are the options for writing off a Directors Credit balance 69 2
- payroll software 458 9
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 287 8
- Fee base v staff ratio 503 7
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 260 13
- Posting pension salary sacrifice journal 72 1
- Complicated Company car purchase 261 3
- Statutory sick pay 365 5
- client threatening legal action 2,181 30
- Recomendations for a purchase order management book please? 156 2
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 215 1
- Instant CPD offer 323 3
- Income from rent charged to business 198 2
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 469 5
- Dividend in specie 393 9
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 197 3
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 157 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 289 1
- Skandia using wrong address 586
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 317
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 315
- Employee rewards 296
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 264
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 234
- Etax Australian 194
- LLP in Construction Industry 159
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 137
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 135