Home working expenses Limited Company
My client, an architect operates through a limited company.
He has business premises but for some of the year has worked some of the time from his own house on design work for clients.
I'm intending to make a deduction from the limited company as an expense as follows:
Take the proportion of that room used for business as a proportion of the whole house living space X for the number of days so used /365 and apply that:
Heat and lighting cost.
Council tax cost. (Bit unsure on this because do not want to incur business rates ?)
Then invoice this cost from himself to his limited company, therefore reducing his CT profits by this amount.
Include the invoice as income in his personal tax return but offset by the same amount of expense.
Not sure if I may be better off using the HMRC Rate of £4 / week but thats not likely to cover actual costs.
It seems perfectly reasonable to me, but I would be very grateful to hear if this has generally been done by any Acc Web fellow accountants or if it is just likely to generate more bother than its worth.
- Which tax returns can I submit? 177 5
- Cocaine anyone? 898 15
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 260 5
- Vat on new builds 66 1
- Using home as clients registered address 242 5
- VAT MOSS registration 98 1
- Anyone else still working this week? 473 15
- How much does the company pay 824 35
- HMRC property income enquiry 459 10
- Proof of identification 140 2
- When to provide S419 tax in the accounts 167 4
- Sole Trader change of accounting date 126 1
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 312 5
- Childcare vouchers 375 8
- Is this a qualifying loan for interest deductions? 108 2
- New Enterprise Allowance 101 1
- VAT Notice 700/64 - claiming VAT on motor repairs 97 1
- two business from one premises 197 3
- VAT transfer on going concern on incorporation 77 1
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 381 4
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 516
- corporate hierarchy 480
- Advice - 333
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 281
- WWOOFers 270
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 261
- The booking.com con 258
- Cocaine anyone? 238
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 234
- UK State pension paid in NZ 182