Home working expenses Limited Company
My client, an architect operates through a limited company.
He has business premises but for some of the year has worked some of the time from his own house on design work for clients.
I'm intending to make a deduction from the limited company as an expense as follows:
Take the proportion of that room used for business as a proportion of the whole house living space X for the number of days so used /365 and apply that:
Heat and lighting cost.
Council tax cost. (Bit unsure on this because do not want to incur business rates ?)
Then invoice this cost from himself to his limited company, therefore reducing his CT profits by this amount.
Include the invoice as income in his personal tax return but offset by the same amount of expense.
Not sure if I may be better off using the HMRC Rate of £4 / week but thats not likely to cover actual costs.
It seems perfectly reasonable to me, but I would be very grateful to hear if this has generally been done by any Acc Web fellow accountants or if it is just likely to generate more bother than its worth.
- What expenses to claim for painter/decorator working from home base 46 1
- ICAS GPPM 77 1
- PPR for non-residents after 05 Apr 2015 120 2
- Payroll 243 7
- Buying fees 682 5
- IHT Query 443 11
- Audit and paypal balances 178 7
- Missing C79 159 5
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 489 16
- VAT margin scheme 273 14
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 310 8
- How to walk away without questions 2,733 17
- Takeover of Annual PAYE scheme 135 2
- Get it off your chest 253 4
- Directors bonus 158 2
- Auto Enrolment specialist service provider 113 1
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 285 3
- HMRC Unpaid Debt Collector 281 5
- do you receive fewer phone calls than some years back because of emails 184 3
- break even point 1,123 33
- Possible Partnership? 561
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 554
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 482
- New Fangled Penalties 358
- Clubs and Taxable Income 295
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 279
- Loans to other companies 222
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 215
- Outsource Data Entry 182
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 180