Home working expenses Limited Company
My client, an architect operates through a limited company.
He has business premises but for some of the year has worked some of the time from his own house on design work for clients.
I'm intending to make a deduction from the limited company as an expense as follows:
Take the proportion of that room used for business as a proportion of the whole house living space X for the number of days so used /365 and apply that:
Heat and lighting cost.
Council tax cost. (Bit unsure on this because do not want to incur business rates ?)
Then invoice this cost from himself to his limited company, therefore reducing his CT profits by this amount.
Include the invoice as income in his personal tax return but offset by the same amount of expense.
Not sure if I may be better off using the HMRC Rate of £4 / week but thats not likely to cover actual costs.
It seems perfectly reasonable to me, but I would be very grateful to hear if this has generally been done by any Acc Web fellow accountants or if it is just likely to generate more bother than its worth.
- Skype treating businesses as private consumers; no VAT invoices 417 1
- career 296 1
- Help - ACCA uk practicing certification forms 167 3
- Help required please 371 9
- What does PITA mean? 226 6
- Vat to be Paid? 128 3
- CGT base cost 270 11
- A little bit of politics 398 5
- Filling in my self assessment 519 8
- Should small companies be audited? 928 39
- You know you're an accountant when... 1,331 40
- Ultimate Controlling Party Disclosure Questions 213 5
- RSU and double taxation 142 1
- Can i really not unreconcile a vat return in sage? 113 1
- Assets transferred at cost 204 5
- currency exchange rates across FY 83 1
- Online behaviour and Aweb 747 7
- HP agreement in directors name 426 8
- Where has Portia gone? 8,748 142
- Mileage claim restriction 326 2
- Sanzar 447
- Digital marketing focus group 368
- Sage troubleshooting for employee who has previously claimed SMP 323
- Continuity Agreement 286
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 263
- Buyback 260
- Sainsbury's mangement 252
- Avanti Accounts 234
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 191
- Iris and Miicrosoft 365 167