Home working expenses Limited Company
My client, an architect operates through a limited company.
He has business premises but for some of the year has worked some of the time from his own house on design work for clients.
I'm intending to make a deduction from the limited company as an expense as follows:
Take the proportion of that room used for business as a proportion of the whole house living space X for the number of days so used /365 and apply that:
Heat and lighting cost.
Council tax cost. (Bit unsure on this because do not want to incur business rates ?)
Then invoice this cost from himself to his limited company, therefore reducing his CT profits by this amount.
Include the invoice as income in his personal tax return but offset by the same amount of expense.
Not sure if I may be better off using the HMRC Rate of £4 / week but thats not likely to cover actual costs.
It seems perfectly reasonable to me, but I would be very grateful to hear if this has generally been done by any Acc Web fellow accountants or if it is just likely to generate more bother than its worth.
- CGT 309 14
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 294 1
- Interest paid to non-UK company - Deduction 93 2
- Accounts production software license expiry & possible alternatives 241 5
- Compliance check 474 13
- sole trader accountant 735 14
- Entrepreneurs Relief 383 15
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 591 21
- More AE! 463 11
- How to classify an asset 131 3
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 263 2
- when a charity makes a donation.... 168 4
- Recharge for private use of a company car 310 5
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 107 2
- Statement of turnover template 176 4
- CGT 111 1
- Are clients getting more stupid? 1,147 18
- Importers 208 3
- Micro Entity Accounts 165 2
- Construction Industry Allowable expenses 244 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,063
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 776
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 452
- Digita Hosted Software 277
- Call Centre Data Costs 243
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 209
- Credit where credit's due....... 202
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 196
- Married Couples Allowance wasted? 177
- Director phone costs 135