Home working expenses Limited Company
My client, an architect operates through a limited company.
He has business premises but for some of the year has worked some of the time from his own house on design work for clients.
I'm intending to make a deduction from the limited company as an expense as follows:
Take the proportion of that room used for business as a proportion of the whole house living space X for the number of days so used /365 and apply that:
Heat and lighting cost.
Council tax cost. (Bit unsure on this because do not want to incur business rates ?)
Then invoice this cost from himself to his limited company, therefore reducing his CT profits by this amount.
Include the invoice as income in his personal tax return but offset by the same amount of expense.
Not sure if I may be better off using the HMRC Rate of £4 / week but thats not likely to cover actual costs.
It seems perfectly reasonable to me, but I would be very grateful to hear if this has generally been done by any Acc Web fellow accountants or if it is just likely to generate more bother than its worth.
- The importance of Grammar 1,661 52
- Freelance/Employee 324 8
- Xero Pain Points 613 19
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 53 1
- Client Require Tax Return and Profit and Loss for Housing Benefit claim 178 2
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 237 12
- exemptions from CIS 200 4
- Volontaire International en Entreprise (VIE) 166 4
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,637 56
- Tax Implications on Child Benefits 379 3
- How much do you pay for Xero? 275 3
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 586 23
- Cut-off accounting question 382 8
- How do I answer a W-8BEN-E question (USA IRS) 358 3
- Directors exempt from AE? 527 9
- VAT reverse charge on consulting from EC 100 2
- VAT Reclaim 197 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 252 2
- Employment Allowance 202 2
- How to treat NI and PAYE for overseas staff employed in UK? 225 1
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 393
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 348
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 332
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 313
- Electric Car 264
- S222 Charge 228
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 224
- Company Structure 204
- IP trans to holding company 168
- Travel and Subsistence Expenses 162