Home working expenses Limited Company
My client, an architect operates through a limited company.
He has business premises but for some of the year has worked some of the time from his own house on design work for clients.
I'm intending to make a deduction from the limited company as an expense as follows:
Take the proportion of that room used for business as a proportion of the whole house living space X for the number of days so used /365 and apply that:
Heat and lighting cost.
Council tax cost. (Bit unsure on this because do not want to incur business rates ?)
Then invoice this cost from himself to his limited company, therefore reducing his CT profits by this amount.
Include the invoice as income in his personal tax return but offset by the same amount of expense.
Not sure if I may be better off using the HMRC Rate of £4 / week but thats not likely to cover actual costs.
It seems perfectly reasonable to me, but I would be very grateful to hear if this has generally been done by any Acc Web fellow accountants or if it is just likely to generate more bother than its worth.
- Director issuing and buying shares in private Co 247 6
- Does director/largest shareholder's unpaid share capital need to go on a CT600A? 225 6
- How much tax should I be payng? 813 33
- Register for self assessment again as LLP member? 172 4
- Technical reference 218 2
- EIS/SEIS 235 2
- Can S455 tax repaid 302 4
- Foreign pension tax credit relief 194 2
- Form EIS3 128 2
- Comprehensive herd adjustment guidance 164 1
- Tax return for 05/04/13 shows income for year to 31/01/14 199 2
- Bank loan incorrectly posted 237 3
- CORPORATION TAX ONLINE - BOX 131 257 7
- Box AC60 HMRC Micro-entities CT600 filing 168 2
- Are you a member of the Aweb LinkedIn group? 225 2
- is the new landlord entitled to the 3 month exemption from business rates for empty premises, 217 4
- Foreign Partner - SA109? 105 1
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 472 7
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 815 10
- CPD - any cheap online sources? 349 7
- The booking.com con 342
- WWOOFers 337
- Cocaine anyone? 332
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 326
- Trade and asset transfers – fair value adjustments 214
- Restriction on loss relief from 2013-14 200
- logical office 198
- Purpose of issuing Holding share capital for s135 share exchange 184
- barclays UK vesus barclays US 182
- Associated companies where SCI with only one company in group 181