Home working expenses Limited Company
My client, an architect operates through a limited company.
He has business premises but for some of the year has worked some of the time from his own house on design work for clients.
I'm intending to make a deduction from the limited company as an expense as follows:
Take the proportion of that room used for business as a proportion of the whole house living space X for the number of days so used /365 and apply that:
Heat and lighting cost.
Council tax cost. (Bit unsure on this because do not want to incur business rates ?)
Then invoice this cost from himself to his limited company, therefore reducing his CT profits by this amount.
Include the invoice as income in his personal tax return but offset by the same amount of expense.
Not sure if I may be better off using the HMRC Rate of £4 / week but thats not likely to cover actual costs.
It seems perfectly reasonable to me, but I would be very grateful to hear if this has generally been done by any Acc Web fellow accountants or if it is just likely to generate more bother than its worth.
- Parent and subsidiary... 114 3
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,211 17
- Clothing 531 14
- Anybody still doing returns? 758 31
- Change to PAYE TAX CODE 170 5
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 180 7
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 355 16
- Designated sole Residence 155 2
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 729 15
- Anyone know what this is? 267 6
- HMRC filing meltdown? 911 27
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 534 7
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 276 9
- no utr 305 8
- client can't/won't pay 2,143 49
- Director drawings 611 32
- Tax Returns for non residents 298 2
- Investment properties/freehold land 93 1
- Capital Loss 140 3
- LLP formed in 2013 112 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 956
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 678
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 625
- Latest phishing scam 600
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 439
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 327
- Scratch Head 266
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 257
- Sabbatical payments 219
- Negligible Value Claim 198