Home working expenses Limited Company
My client, an architect operates through a limited company.
He has business premises but for some of the year has worked some of the time from his own house on design work for clients.
I'm intending to make a deduction from the limited company as an expense as follows:
Take the proportion of that room used for business as a proportion of the whole house living space X for the number of days so used /365 and apply that:
Heat and lighting cost.
Council tax cost. (Bit unsure on this because do not want to incur business rates ?)
Then invoice this cost from himself to his limited company, therefore reducing his CT profits by this amount.
Include the invoice as income in his personal tax return but offset by the same amount of expense.
Not sure if I may be better off using the HMRC Rate of £4 / week but thats not likely to cover actual costs.
It seems perfectly reasonable to me, but I would be very grateful to hear if this has generally been done by any Acc Web fellow accountants or if it is just likely to generate more bother than its worth.
- Is there a legal obligation for the Inspector to hand over minutes of a meeting 55 2
- VAT on garage rent 67 7
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 223 8
- Tasks for new trainees 97 3
- Obvious Question but if NOT registered for VAT EU refunds as under minimum amounts, what does an expense get recorded as for UK VAT return? 58 1
- COMPANY DIRECTOR 35 1
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 539 15
- Offshore insurance bonds 95 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,630 46
- Property scam victim 291 4
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 214 5
- Tax Returns, 2011-2012 241 6
- Aggressive HMRC 1,800 19
- Is there is a tax neutral way of splitting a company? 158 6
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 132 2
- Partnership returns software 85 1
- Personal consumption by landlord 267 2
- Business purchase cost - treatment? 69 1
- Has anyone got copies of the Tolley's CTA study manual pdfs from last year? 90 1
- company loss, Can he start again?? 157 4
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,083
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 571
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 381
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 285
- Charge out rates in London? 238
- Interest on Loan to a Company 184
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 171
- Agent fees to sell business 161
- Alphabet shares 157
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 150