We are considering as a practice moving our existing server applications and data onto a hosted desktop or hosted server provider.
We have our existing server for about 6 years and it is well past it's sell by date for an upgrade but still functions ok although some
of my fellow colleagues regularly complain about the speed of the server.
So we are thinking of either upgrading or replacing our existing server or moving the whole thing onto the cloud. Personally I think the latter
is going to be much more better in terms of speed and cost as it will cut out our own time in maintaining the server and reduce cost of
bringing in outside IT support, plus as we've recently upgraded to BT Infinity our internet speeds can well cope with an online server.
I just wanted to know has anyone done this recently? What have your experiences been like? And can anyone recommend a particular provider of
this type of service? Has anyone used Hosted desktop uk ltd for example?
Thanks for any help on this.
- Hobby Horse 780 8
- Non resident income. 448 20
- What sectors to target? 607 30
- FYAs on second-hand vans 254 7
- Rent a room scheme query. 182 3
- client can't/won't pay 1,932 41
- Self assesment online 990 11
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 261 21
- Why do I do this every year 411 9
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 301 5
- closing limited company 173 2
- VAT when selling on Amazon 91 1
- HMRC filing meltdown? 517 14
- Childcare voucher schemes 252 9
- IHT and US resident 65 1
- Limited Companies Merger 209 6
- Incidental costs of Acquisition for inherited property/shares 140 1
- Practice management 382 7
- IHT and cash gifts 249 5
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 563 13
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 927
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 646
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 597
- Latest phishing scam 578
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 413
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 311
- Scratch Head 241
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 230
- Sabbatical payments 196
- Negligible Value Claim 174