We are considering as a practice moving our existing server applications and data onto a hosted desktop or hosted server provider.
We have our existing server for about 6 years and it is well past it's sell by date for an upgrade but still functions ok although some
of my fellow colleagues regularly complain about the speed of the server.
So we are thinking of either upgrading or replacing our existing server or moving the whole thing onto the cloud. Personally I think the latter
is going to be much more better in terms of speed and cost as it will cut out our own time in maintaining the server and reduce cost of
bringing in outside IT support, plus as we've recently upgraded to BT Infinity our internet speeds can well cope with an online server.
I just wanted to know has anyone done this recently? What have your experiences been like? And can anyone recommend a particular provider of
this type of service? Has anyone used Hosted desktop uk ltd for example?
Thanks for any help on this.
- VAT by Direct Debit 29 2
- Er... 253 2
- Getting fees, getting harder? 1,642 30
- Career advice for ex HMRC Inspector 820 19
- Accountex flash mob 505 17
- Cash extraction pre-sale 184 5
- VAT claim on exempt supply 298 11
- Group structure - transfer of shares 120 5
- Child benefit 324 9
- £3750 earned in Dubai - where on the income tax return??? 86 3
- Tax on selling a sole trader business 299 10
- IR 35 208 5
- Share disposal - help please 100 1
- New desktop accounting and payroll, help, please 340 11
- Final accounts - procedure 336 6
- NIC question 105 1
- sole trader to ltd company 270 3
- Moneysoft Payroll Manager Connection Problem 161 2
- What to do about Moneylaundering Photo ID when client has no official Photo ID 872 7
- Tax Adviser qualification/courses 165 1
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 655
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 408
- Pensions Regulator 380
- RTI - duplicate employee record 342
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 328
- SA penalty proposals 307
- Using the correct forms 302
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 297
- Sage Vat return box 2 204
- Digital marketing focus group 202