We are considering as a practice moving our existing server applications and data onto a hosted desktop or hosted server provider.
We have our existing server for about 6 years and it is well past it's sell by date for an upgrade but still functions ok although some
of my fellow colleagues regularly complain about the speed of the server.
So we are thinking of either upgrading or replacing our existing server or moving the whole thing onto the cloud. Personally I think the latter
is going to be much more better in terms of speed and cost as it will cut out our own time in maintaining the server and reduce cost of
bringing in outside IT support, plus as we've recently upgraded to BT Infinity our internet speeds can well cope with an online server.
I just wanted to know has anyone done this recently? What have your experiences been like? And can anyone recommend a particular provider of
this type of service? Has anyone used Hosted desktop uk ltd for example?
Thanks for any help on this.
- Limited company buying a car 152 4
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 280 15
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 460 10
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 558 6
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 188 7
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 288 4
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 116 2
- ACCA practice certificates 496 5
- Limited company buying director's car 292 10
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 81 1
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 108 1
- WC's and capital allowances 174 3
- Entrepeneurs relief 313 13
- Dress code 1,548 36
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 483 13
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 261 6
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 382 4
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 475 23
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 196 4
- Loan Repayment on Invoice 115 3
- CTA study material 770
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 482
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 399
- Employment related securities question 309
- AIM Stocks and IHT 281
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 258
- Expat pension contributions? 258
- Trust for Employee 238
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 183
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 148