We are considering as a practice moving our existing server applications and data onto a hosted desktop or hosted server provider.
We have our existing server for about 6 years and it is well past it's sell by date for an upgrade but still functions ok although some
of my fellow colleagues regularly complain about the speed of the server.
So we are thinking of either upgrading or replacing our existing server or moving the whole thing onto the cloud. Personally I think the latter
is going to be much more better in terms of speed and cost as it will cut out our own time in maintaining the server and reduce cost of
bringing in outside IT support, plus as we've recently upgraded to BT Infinity our internet speeds can well cope with an online server.
I just wanted to know has anyone done this recently? What have your experiences been like? And can anyone recommend a particular provider of
this type of service? Has anyone used Hosted desktop uk ltd for example?
Thanks for any help on this.
- PRR 135 8
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,054 54
- Pension Contributions Relief 429 14
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 448 7
- Which tax box 171 2
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 104 2
- Is it more beneficial to be a Ltd company? 110 1
- How to change reconciliation status of bank account in Sage 50 74 3
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 196 3
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 197 6
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,429 423
- References for clients 162 2
- Sole Trader - Working from home claims 123 2
- incorrect PAYE statements 75 2
- What accounting software packages are best for restaurants? 309 7
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 103 5
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 282 1
- corp tax software 308 5
- Opening start-up business bank accounts 215 3
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 576 24
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,293
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 459
- National Insurance 358
- Non Resident 274
- Franchise income and costs 250
- Hands on experience of Digita 208
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 162
- Employer's Helpline 156
- employment capital allowances 149
- CIS paid under reg 9 133