We are considering as a practice moving our existing server applications and data onto a hosted desktop or hosted server provider.
We have our existing server for about 6 years and it is well past it's sell by date for an upgrade but still functions ok although some
of my fellow colleagues regularly complain about the speed of the server.
So we are thinking of either upgrading or replacing our existing server or moving the whole thing onto the cloud. Personally I think the latter
is going to be much more better in terms of speed and cost as it will cut out our own time in maintaining the server and reduce cost of
bringing in outside IT support, plus as we've recently upgraded to BT Infinity our internet speeds can well cope with an online server.
I just wanted to know has anyone done this recently? What have your experiences been like? And can anyone recommend a particular provider of
this type of service? Has anyone used Hosted desktop uk ltd for example?
Thanks for any help on this.
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 779 8
- Personal Pension Relief in the Tax Code 330 5
- Paying Son 765 19
- CGT on lost shares/scam 397 5
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 687 18
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 279 10
- Love is in the air 633 7
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,061 47
- Setting up a practice 575 5
- Very large share capital by mistake 567 7
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 513 4
- 24 month rule and expenses 433 1
- Stamp Duty 307 4
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 243 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,834 21
- Incorporation of gp practise 415 1
- Client Paperwork Retention? 595 13
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 593 7
- Tax Overlap Reporting 424 4
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 404 9
- DTA tie-breaker issue 306
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 296
- CGT for NOn UK residents 282
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 281
- Foreign domicile status 279
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 258
- Apprenticeship Levy 244
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 243
- Discretionary payment to sick employee 231
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 227