We are considering as a practice moving our existing server applications and data onto a hosted desktop or hosted server provider.
We have our existing server for about 6 years and it is well past it's sell by date for an upgrade but still functions ok although some
of my fellow colleagues regularly complain about the speed of the server.
So we are thinking of either upgrading or replacing our existing server or moving the whole thing onto the cloud. Personally I think the latter
is going to be much more better in terms of speed and cost as it will cut out our own time in maintaining the server and reduce cost of
bringing in outside IT support, plus as we've recently upgraded to BT Infinity our internet speeds can well cope with an online server.
I just wanted to know has anyone done this recently? What have your experiences been like? And can anyone recommend a particular provider of
this type of service? Has anyone used Hosted desktop uk ltd for example?
Thanks for any help on this.
- Software recommendations? 285 4
- Goodie bag 118 2
- Budget 2015 predictions 188 5
- Husband Wife let property 138 2
- Lack of Quickbooks Online Coverage 440 8
- Career in Practice 122 2
- Relevant life plan 343 8
- Limited Company expenses 377 8
- Physiotherapy And Vat 195 6
- Telemarketing 162 4
- 6th March RTI deadline. Can FPS be submitted on 6th March? 157 1
- Awkward shareholder (sister) 143 1
- New tax codes for ex-employees 181 3
- how to value rental space 104 3
- Directors loan - no longer a director 331 4
- NHS PENSIONS XFER ABROAD 70 1
- We contribute a percentage of employees' salaries to a pension scheme set up by them - do we need to get involved in auto-enrolment? 464 5
- Output tax for retailer 265 6
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 451 11
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,938 32
- Possible Partnership? 603
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 501
- New Fangled Penalties 410
- Clubs and Taxable Income 332
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 299
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 255
- Loans to other companies 244
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 214
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 212
- Outsource Data Entry 211