We are considering as a practice moving our existing server applications and data onto a hosted desktop or hosted server provider.
We have our existing server for about 6 years and it is well past it's sell by date for an upgrade but still functions ok although some
of my fellow colleagues regularly complain about the speed of the server.
So we are thinking of either upgrading or replacing our existing server or moving the whole thing onto the cloud. Personally I think the latter
is going to be much more better in terms of speed and cost as it will cut out our own time in maintaining the server and reduce cost of
bringing in outside IT support, plus as we've recently upgraded to BT Infinity our internet speeds can well cope with an online server.
I just wanted to know has anyone done this recently? What have your experiences been like? And can anyone recommend a particular provider of
this type of service? Has anyone used Hosted desktop uk ltd for example?
Thanks for any help on this.
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 154 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 191 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,226 35
- Mortgage Reference 540 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 247 7
- Insovent companies 883 19
- New Build 204 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,296 48
- BrightPay quirks 217 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 805 20
- Website Content 174 1
- Personal Tax 630 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 194 1
- USA Tax Query 310 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 441 5
- last minute request 655 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 362 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 397 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,740 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 988 6