We are considering as a practice moving our existing server applications and data onto a hosted desktop or hosted server provider.
We have our existing server for about 6 years and it is well past it's sell by date for an upgrade but still functions ok although some
of my fellow colleagues regularly complain about the speed of the server.
So we are thinking of either upgrading or replacing our existing server or moving the whole thing onto the cloud. Personally I think the latter
is going to be much more better in terms of speed and cost as it will cut out our own time in maintaining the server and reduce cost of
bringing in outside IT support, plus as we've recently upgraded to BT Infinity our internet speeds can well cope with an online server.
I just wanted to know has anyone done this recently? What have your experiences been like? And can anyone recommend a particular provider of
this type of service? Has anyone used Hosted desktop uk ltd for example?
Thanks for any help on this.
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,626 67
- Starting an accountancy practice for bachelors? 59 2
- Penalties 108 1
- SAGE con 215 4
- rates of pay query 214 3
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 84 2
- Recommendation for a good website on exchange rate forecast 135 10
- Pension contributions higher rate extension? 196 1
- Trading Structure / Illegal Trading 102 1
- Overpayment relief claim 152 5
- Charity reserves 129 3
- Have i messed up? 664 10
- Year end 359 4
- Test purchases in VAT enquiries 217 3
- Comments on this scenario 95 1
- Related Parties Note 419 9
- Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) 103 1
- Where can I get Quickbooks help 128 4
- loss on carbon credits 110 2
- New HMRC phone answering method ... 593 9
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,009
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 547
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 361
- Tax efficient holding company structure 287
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 276
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 214
- Charge out rates in London? 209
- Personal consumption by landlord 183
- Interest on Loan to a Company 174
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 150