We are considering as a practice moving our existing server applications and data onto a hosted desktop or hosted server provider.
We have our existing server for about 6 years and it is well past it's sell by date for an upgrade but still functions ok although some
of my fellow colleagues regularly complain about the speed of the server.
So we are thinking of either upgrading or replacing our existing server or moving the whole thing onto the cloud. Personally I think the latter
is going to be much more better in terms of speed and cost as it will cut out our own time in maintaining the server and reduce cost of
bringing in outside IT support, plus as we've recently upgraded to BT Infinity our internet speeds can well cope with an online server.
I just wanted to know has anyone done this recently? What have your experiences been like? And can anyone recommend a particular provider of
this type of service? Has anyone used Hosted desktop uk ltd for example?
Thanks for any help on this.
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 92 11
- VAT & capitalising 30 1
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 242 5
- Limited Company keeping receipts 170 2
- Free Shares ? 218 2
- Is this a scam? 521 7
- Rental property: expenses when up for sale and not let 286 7
- Sorry ignore me 855 23
- How do I calculate the VAT due (cash basis) on receipts which suffer a cis deduction? 260 6
- Invoice Help 176 4
- Purchase of freehold by flat management company 133 1
- Employee overpaid who has left 186 3
- Peer to Peer lending 850 9
- VAT B2B V's Reverse Charge 96 2
- VAT On Conference Sponsorship 205 4
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 280 6
- reliable alternative to registered ofice required 244 5
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,254 17
- Childcare for clients 204 1
- One off meeting new client 577 9
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 620
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 528
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 291
- Cancelled 280
- Cancelled 242
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 187
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 185
- Probiz 166
- What's the market like for temps? 161
- Married woman dies owning marital home 155