We are considering as a practice moving our existing server applications and data onto a hosted desktop or hosted server provider.
We have our existing server for about 6 years and it is well past it's sell by date for an upgrade but still functions ok although some
of my fellow colleagues regularly complain about the speed of the server.
So we are thinking of either upgrading or replacing our existing server or moving the whole thing onto the cloud. Personally I think the latter
is going to be much more better in terms of speed and cost as it will cut out our own time in maintaining the server and reduce cost of
bringing in outside IT support, plus as we've recently upgraded to BT Infinity our internet speeds can well cope with an online server.
I just wanted to know has anyone done this recently? What have your experiences been like? And can anyone recommend a particular provider of
this type of service? Has anyone used Hosted desktop uk ltd for example?
Thanks for any help on this.
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 79 2
- ATED Penalties 237 1
- late second payment on account 118 2
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 327 13
- US royalties 34 2
- Project being run jointly 100 2
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 155 2
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 72 3
- Sole trader mix up 260 4
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 57 2
- Vat on 'pig slurry' - palatable subject I know! 704 6
- What's in a name ? 130 2
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 874 27
- Help Required 214 5
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 197 4
- Filing company accounts 118 1
- Accountancy work for Farmers 476 16
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 145 5
- Company Name - Number of Characters 246 7
- Bulk Invoicing 144 5
- CTA study material 690
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 417
- Employment related securities question 260
- AIM Stocks and IHT 240
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 191
- Trust for Employee 178
- Expat pension contributions? 175
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 148
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 112
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 105