We are considering as a practice moving our existing server applications and data onto a hosted desktop or hosted server provider.
We have our existing server for about 6 years and it is well past it's sell by date for an upgrade but still functions ok although some
of my fellow colleagues regularly complain about the speed of the server.
So we are thinking of either upgrading or replacing our existing server or moving the whole thing onto the cloud. Personally I think the latter
is going to be much more better in terms of speed and cost as it will cut out our own time in maintaining the server and reduce cost of
bringing in outside IT support, plus as we've recently upgraded to BT Infinity our internet speeds can well cope with an online server.
I just wanted to know has anyone done this recently? What have your experiences been like? And can anyone recommend a particular provider of
this type of service? Has anyone used Hosted desktop uk ltd for example?
Thanks for any help on this.
- Why should I retain membership? 2,658 46
- Recharge for private use of a company car 165 3
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 322 5
- Funding Circle Servicing Fee 124 2
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,252 12
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 384 5
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,457 18
- Vat 243 4
- CT/CIS offset 114 2
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 168 4
- Trade name 168 3
- Musician - Allowable Travel expenses 129 1
- New business - journal entries 309 20
- B2B vat in the EU 107 2
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 309 18
- VAT on deposits 204 2
- VAT clearance for determining the correct rate to apply 127 1
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 406 12
- option to tax 204 1
- Share of profits from building society 102 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 780
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 706
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 387
- Social investment tax relief 206
- Digita Hosted Software 199
- Call Centre Data Costs 192
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 159
- Travel costs and contractors 150
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 145
- Certificates of tax deposit 136