We are considering as a practice moving our existing server applications and data onto a hosted desktop or hosted server provider.
We have our existing server for about 6 years and it is well past it's sell by date for an upgrade but still functions ok although some
of my fellow colleagues regularly complain about the speed of the server.
So we are thinking of either upgrading or replacing our existing server or moving the whole thing onto the cloud. Personally I think the latter
is going to be much more better in terms of speed and cost as it will cut out our own time in maintaining the server and reduce cost of
bringing in outside IT support, plus as we've recently upgraded to BT Infinity our internet speeds can well cope with an online server.
I just wanted to know has anyone done this recently? What have your experiences been like? And can anyone recommend a particular provider of
this type of service? Has anyone used Hosted desktop uk ltd for example?
Thanks for any help on this.
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 592 12
- The stupidity continues 830 50
- transactions after account have been closed 223 5
- What is IRIS World like? 378 9
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 350 8
- Can I claim Vat on solicitors invoices? 235 6
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 268 4
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 541 10
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 244 6
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 143 1
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,343 25
- New Employers Helpline 213 4
- Software recommendations 285 1
- Share transfer question 394 17
- qualifying for 1/9th tax credit on foreign dividend 194 2
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,475 19
- Overlap relief 764 19
- Pension contributions 390 10
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 521 11
- Do you use sign up lists on your website 227 1
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 440
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 438
- WIP Software 302
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 291
- No payroll scheme in place 236
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 234
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 212
- Is there anything wrong with this? 206
- Small Part Disposal of Property 193
- Uncommercial property business 183