Hotel in group, improvements and fixtures.
Group structure. Topco owns shares in two subs. SubA trades from a hotel. The freehold of the hotel is owned by SubB. SubB also has a trade of its own.
SubA has in the past year incurred £200k on groundwork improvements and £150k on Fixtures and Fittings upgrade. I understand that SubA can claim CA's on the eligible equipment and can not claim much at all on the groundwork improvement.
In the accounts of SubA I am going to have Leashold improvements of £200k being the capital improvement.
Q, if SubB comes to sell the hotel - where will it get its relief from the £200k spent by its sister company? i.e. does the £200k count as its qualifying expenditure?
Historically no rent has passed between the companies and no lease is in place.
In hindsight it would have been more straightforward had SubB paid the costs.
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 149 4
- Late reply from HMRC 222 2
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 271 6
- VAT silly question 2,338 55
- I think I'm developing an anger issue 2,618 34
- How long to prepare monthly management accounts 1,403 22
- Xero - am I missing something? 2,781 43
- paid or unpaid - who knows! 491 11
- Classic cars investment 184 5
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 195 3
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 224 8
- RTI - new employee 184 3
- Failure to operate PAYE 595 22
- H&W company 131 2
- BrightPay 546 14
- VAT registration 137 1
- More Auto enrolment (sorry) 126 1
- Is this acceptable advice for limited co 1,103 29
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 247 6
- Ceasing to trade when legal action being taken.. 283 3
- Benchmarking 480
- Possible Partnership? 426
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 405
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 399
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 344
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 202
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 195
- Income tax on foreign dividends 181
- Clubs and Taxable Income 179
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 177