Hotel in group, improvements and fixtures.
Group structure. Topco owns shares in two subs. SubA trades from a hotel. The freehold of the hotel is owned by SubB. SubB also has a trade of its own.
SubA has in the past year incurred £200k on groundwork improvements and £150k on Fixtures and Fittings upgrade. I understand that SubA can claim CA's on the eligible equipment and can not claim much at all on the groundwork improvement.
In the accounts of SubA I am going to have Leashold improvements of £200k being the capital improvement.
Q, if SubB comes to sell the hotel - where will it get its relief from the £200k spent by its sister company? i.e. does the £200k count as its qualifying expenditure?
Historically no rent has passed between the companies and no lease is in place.
In hindsight it would have been more straightforward had SubB paid the costs.
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 132 5
- Need qualification back due to clients' banks needing my references 37 1
- Dividend payments and shareholdings 110 3
- Corporation tax due date confusion 267 4
- You cannot be Serious!!! 168 1
- Top slicing relief question 212 2
- Valuation of PET on death 76 2
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 221 6
- Share swap 277 8
- Non Registered trader selling to Malta 67 1
- Online filing 128 5
- Payment for goods received on last day of quarter but refunded the next - what options are open here? 318 13
- New client, prev accountant disappeared 1,663 25
- EC sales list and reverse charge 93 2
- Converting a barn for business use 78 1
- Was I rude 681 17
- If an invoice is sent and paid does a contract exist 222 9
- Threshold for RTI submission 105 2
- Joint rental income 111 1
- I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes 327 4
- Skandia using wrong address 1,473
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 803
- Any views 723
- International interest certificate 442
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 412
- Sale of business 382
- NOVA 278
- IRIS Open Books problem 277
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 193
- Expenses claim for non employee 181