Hotel in group, improvements and fixtures.
Group structure. Topco owns shares in two subs. SubA trades from a hotel. The freehold of the hotel is owned by SubB. SubB also has a trade of its own.
SubA has in the past year incurred £200k on groundwork improvements and £150k on Fixtures and Fittings upgrade. I understand that SubA can claim CA's on the eligible equipment and can not claim much at all on the groundwork improvement.
In the accounts of SubA I am going to have Leashold improvements of £200k being the capital improvement.
Q, if SubB comes to sell the hotel - where will it get its relief from the £200k spent by its sister company? i.e. does the £200k count as its qualifying expenditure?
Historically no rent has passed between the companies and no lease is in place.
In hindsight it would have been more straightforward had SubB paid the costs.
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 2,635 54
- Personal Allowance for non residents 365 9
- Vat 84 3
- PAYE 100 3
- xerocon 71 1
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,098 10
- Unemployed Accounting Graduate - Need Advice - Small Firms 156 1
- VAT: option to tax 113 2
- IHT dilemma 300 11
- Share Valuation 66 2
- Dormant company or not? 318 13
- VAT - Land Related Services 96 1
- Best form of debt recovery 169 3
- Backdating VAT claim 54 1
- WIP recognition for builders 377 8
- Do I need to keep subscribing to CIMA post qualification? 311 15
- BTL property solely in wife's name - can she split rental income with husband? 194 5
- Prior Year Adjustments 122 2
- Share Issue 220 1
- Payment of Capital from and LLP and Corporate member 152 11
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 656
- Property let at a reduced rate - losses brought forward 521
- Auto enrolment excuses 502
- Removed post 371
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 348
- Social investment tax relief 162
- Call Centre Data Costs 156
- Patent Box and worldwide patents 155
- Digita Hosted Software 140
- option to tax 127