Hotel in group, improvements and fixtures.
Group structure. Topco owns shares in two subs. SubA trades from a hotel. The freehold of the hotel is owned by SubB. SubB also has a trade of its own.
SubA has in the past year incurred £200k on groundwork improvements and £150k on Fixtures and Fittings upgrade. I understand that SubA can claim CA's on the eligible equipment and can not claim much at all on the groundwork improvement.
In the accounts of SubA I am going to have Leashold improvements of £200k being the capital improvement.
Q, if SubB comes to sell the hotel - where will it get its relief from the £200k spent by its sister company? i.e. does the £200k count as its qualifying expenditure?
Historically no rent has passed between the companies and no lease is in place.
In hindsight it would have been more straightforward had SubB paid the costs.
- Family Partnership 269 9
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 140 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 181 6
- Business trips - director and family 409 3
- Multiple for fee bank purchase 64 1
- Signed accounts for bank 653 15
- flat rate scheme 2,361 50
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 157 2
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 322 5
- Can I prepare dormant accounts? 156 2
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 71 2
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 203 4
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 845 12
- Business lending another business money (UK) 293 7
- Deferring dividends on paper 189 5
- VAT Query on new build 115 1
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 107 1
- P11D Car Value 269 6
- NOVA declaration 110 1
- Business valuation advice 710 18