Hotel in group, improvements and fixtures.
Group structure. Topco owns shares in two subs. SubA trades from a hotel. The freehold of the hotel is owned by SubB. SubB also has a trade of its own.
SubA has in the past year incurred £200k on groundwork improvements and £150k on Fixtures and Fittings upgrade. I understand that SubA can claim CA's on the eligible equipment and can not claim much at all on the groundwork improvement.
In the accounts of SubA I am going to have Leashold improvements of £200k being the capital improvement.
Q, if SubB comes to sell the hotel - where will it get its relief from the £200k spent by its sister company? i.e. does the £200k count as its qualifying expenditure?
Historically no rent has passed between the companies and no lease is in place.
In hindsight it would have been more straightforward had SubB paid the costs.
- Goods Purchased for Rental 347 13
- builder's 'cost only' job 47 1
- accounts & tax software for small accountancy firms 649 23
- Myfirmsapp 595 13
- Valuation of business 243 4
- CGT implications for gift of shares to connected person 101 4
- Dividend Payments 341 9
- Capital allowances anti-avoidance 50 2
- I.d for vat registration 104 6
- Filing past due corporation tax returns 267 1
- Completing Self-Assessment for a Director of Owner Managed Business 146 3
- CIS Deductions 94 2
- SA302's anyone?? 2,633 40
- Accounting for VAT not yet paid in year end 116 3
- Loan to Partnership is s455 tax relevant? 468 17
- Legal Counsel PC costs 65 1
- High Income Child Benefit 124 2
- Fees for sale 354 6
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 2,613 24
- Share premium or Directors Loan 653 28
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 1,007
- International interest certificate 586
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 506
- NOVA 470
- Bonus Bonds 354
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 327
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 257
- Payment for Promotional Samples 225
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 221
- Quickbooks 2015 145