Hotel in group, improvements and fixtures.
Group structure. Topco owns shares in two subs. SubA trades from a hotel. The freehold of the hotel is owned by SubB. SubB also has a trade of its own.
SubA has in the past year incurred £200k on groundwork improvements and £150k on Fixtures and Fittings upgrade. I understand that SubA can claim CA's on the eligible equipment and can not claim much at all on the groundwork improvement.
In the accounts of SubA I am going to have Leashold improvements of £200k being the capital improvement.
Q, if SubB comes to sell the hotel - where will it get its relief from the £200k spent by its sister company? i.e. does the £200k count as its qualifying expenditure?
Historically no rent has passed between the companies and no lease is in place.
In hindsight it would have been more straightforward had SubB paid the costs.
- Dividend dates 516 9
- Child Tax Credits - date of cessation of qualifying young person 51 2
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 406 10
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 137 2
- 12 Pay Problems 216 3
- VAT online filing exemptions 205 3
- Deduction from Salary 242 7
- Sole properietor 68 3
- Mutual trading organisation has chargeable gain 78 1
- Redudancy 40 1
- Redundancy pay for directors? 468 13
- VAT - Recharge 81 2
- Should Spanish VAT apply ? 347 4
- transitioning payroll 171 4
- Legal title not in the company name 201 9
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,624 59
- Should VAT be charged when land is transferred as part of a TOGC 164 3
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,752 30
- Car financed by employee 192 2
- PPR exemption - can it be due on a bigger area than 0.5 hectares? 138 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 621
- Cancelled 361
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 342
- Cancelled 307
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 278
- Probiz 269
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 226
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 225
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 201
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 171