Hotel in group, improvements and fixtures.
Group structure. Topco owns shares in two subs. SubA trades from a hotel. The freehold of the hotel is owned by SubB. SubB also has a trade of its own.
SubA has in the past year incurred £200k on groundwork improvements and £150k on Fixtures and Fittings upgrade. I understand that SubA can claim CA's on the eligible equipment and can not claim much at all on the groundwork improvement.
In the accounts of SubA I am going to have Leashold improvements of £200k being the capital improvement.
Q, if SubB comes to sell the hotel - where will it get its relief from the £200k spent by its sister company? i.e. does the £200k count as its qualifying expenditure?
Historically no rent has passed between the companies and no lease is in place.
In hindsight it would have been more straightforward had SubB paid the costs.
- Xerocon 2016 822 13
- Personal Tax 208 3
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,866 41
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 240 2
- Mortgage Reference 181 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 159 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,179 45
- Practical experience 851 15
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 436 9
- VAT 308 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 224 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 195 1
- last minute request 300 3
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 81 1
- Cash gift from India 503 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 86 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 468 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 133 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 284 6
- Maternity and claining expenses 672 6