Hotel in group, improvements and fixtures.
Group structure. Topco owns shares in two subs. SubA trades from a hotel. The freehold of the hotel is owned by SubB. SubB also has a trade of its own.
SubA has in the past year incurred £200k on groundwork improvements and £150k on Fixtures and Fittings upgrade. I understand that SubA can claim CA's on the eligible equipment and can not claim much at all on the groundwork improvement.
In the accounts of SubA I am going to have Leashold improvements of £200k being the capital improvement.
Q, if SubB comes to sell the hotel - where will it get its relief from the £200k spent by its sister company? i.e. does the £200k count as its qualifying expenditure?
Historically no rent has passed between the companies and no lease is in place.
In hindsight it would have been more straightforward had SubB paid the costs.
- HMRC filing meltdown? 159 7
- Why do I do this every year 68 2
- Limited Companies Merger 181 5
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 191 18
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,530 41
- eBay trading 199 4
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 248 10
- Self assesment online 886 10
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 1,098 46
- childcare 83 3
- Childcare voucher schemes 217 8
- What sectors to target? 528 25
- Rent a room scheme query. 126 2
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 445 12
- PAYE Control Visit 187 2
- Practice management 332 6
- Repayment of maternity pay 199 4
- Journals to Creditors Control 250 8
- Capital allowances on Software 126 1
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 216 10
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 920
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 637
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 592
- Latest phishing scam 569
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 399
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 302
- Scratch Head 223
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 219
- Capital allowances in first basis period 209
- Sabbatical payments 189