Hotel in group, improvements and fixtures.
Group structure. Topco owns shares in two subs. SubA trades from a hotel. The freehold of the hotel is owned by SubB. SubB also has a trade of its own.
SubA has in the past year incurred £200k on groundwork improvements and £150k on Fixtures and Fittings upgrade. I understand that SubA can claim CA's on the eligible equipment and can not claim much at all on the groundwork improvement.
In the accounts of SubA I am going to have Leashold improvements of £200k being the capital improvement.
Q, if SubB comes to sell the hotel - where will it get its relief from the £200k spent by its sister company? i.e. does the £200k count as its qualifying expenditure?
Historically no rent has passed between the companies and no lease is in place.
In hindsight it would have been more straightforward had SubB paid the costs.
- Shareholder Loan write off 486 23
- Loan to a participator 109 4
- Unknown cash receipt 1,019 10
- Does unpaid share capital attract s455 liability? 337 7
- Import VAT can be set off against output VAT liability or not 90 3
- RTI "Reason for submission being late" 210 2
- £2000 Employment Allowance 97 1
- Staff entertaining or not? 325 4
- First RTI P45 193 3
- Shouldn't have filed accounts? 121 2
- Non resident director pay 122 2
- Do you design it or pick what's out there? 255 6
- Capital allowances 103 1
- Company Takeover Accounting policies 87 3
- Can Final Dividend be approved by Shareholders on draft accounts 213 3
- Cash flow 74 1
- How best to own a 4-way property partnership 156 2
- Employment Allowance Self employed and Company 183 1
- Share restructure 229 6
- VAT registration threshold 624 22
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 709
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 482
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 313
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 294
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 250
- growth voucher supplier 227
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 190
- VAT on Gaming Machines 180
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 161
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 159