Hotel in group, improvements and fixtures.
Group structure. Topco owns shares in two subs. SubA trades from a hotel. The freehold of the hotel is owned by SubB. SubB also has a trade of its own.
SubA has in the past year incurred £200k on groundwork improvements and £150k on Fixtures and Fittings upgrade. I understand that SubA can claim CA's on the eligible equipment and can not claim much at all on the groundwork improvement.
In the accounts of SubA I am going to have Leashold improvements of £200k being the capital improvement.
Q, if SubB comes to sell the hotel - where will it get its relief from the £200k spent by its sister company? i.e. does the £200k count as its qualifying expenditure?
Historically no rent has passed between the companies and no lease is in place.
In hindsight it would have been more straightforward had SubB paid the costs.
- VAT on non-denominated postage 153 4
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 204 4
- Employmnet Allowance 2015/2016 66 2
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 152 1
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 840 40
- Tax relief for networking day out? 539 14
- SA316s 195 3
- Working in Iraq, how to treat the income 73 1
- Swiching tax 535 15
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 746 23
- Proposal to strike off...... 515 10
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 534 10
- Can I recharge Car loan interest 378 11
- Start-up cost recognition 113 1
- Lunches 267 3
- Mortgage Adviser's request 402 8
- Generic notification message 262 6
- Property Expenses 224 7
- Auto Enrolment (sorry) 172 1
- Accrued salary unpaid 271 4
- Construction CIS LLP Company 607
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 592
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 388
- Pensions Regulator 352
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 292
- Using the correct forms 266
- RTI - duplicate employee record 258
- SA penalty proposals 257
- Accelerated payment notices 237
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 228