Hotel in group, improvements and fixtures.
Group structure. Topco owns shares in two subs. SubA trades from a hotel. The freehold of the hotel is owned by SubB. SubB also has a trade of its own.
SubA has in the past year incurred £200k on groundwork improvements and £150k on Fixtures and Fittings upgrade. I understand that SubA can claim CA's on the eligible equipment and can not claim much at all on the groundwork improvement.
In the accounts of SubA I am going to have Leashold improvements of £200k being the capital improvement.
Q, if SubB comes to sell the hotel - where will it get its relief from the £200k spent by its sister company? i.e. does the £200k count as its qualifying expenditure?
Historically no rent has passed between the companies and no lease is in place.
In hindsight it would have been more straightforward had SubB paid the costs.
- Late Registration for VAT 460 13
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 134 11
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 46 1
- EIS/SEIS 121 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 247 1
- You know its over 143 2
- Cocaine anyone? 412 7
- TaxCalc Accounts production 384 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 384 12
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 644 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 513 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 534 4
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 68 1
- Personal pension 384 9
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 212 1
- How much of your work is admin? 1,191 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 888 27
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 116 3
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,502 22
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 307 4
- Hive up 479
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 443
- corporate hierarchy 423
- Advice - 261
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 216
- WWOOFers 212
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 198
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 190
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 169
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 165