Hotel in group, improvements and fixtures.
Group structure. Topco owns shares in two subs. SubA trades from a hotel. The freehold of the hotel is owned by SubB. SubB also has a trade of its own.
SubA has in the past year incurred £200k on groundwork improvements and £150k on Fixtures and Fittings upgrade. I understand that SubA can claim CA's on the eligible equipment and can not claim much at all on the groundwork improvement.
In the accounts of SubA I am going to have Leashold improvements of £200k being the capital improvement.
Q, if SubB comes to sell the hotel - where will it get its relief from the £200k spent by its sister company? i.e. does the £200k count as its qualifying expenditure?
Historically no rent has passed between the companies and no lease is in place.
In hindsight it would have been more straightforward had SubB paid the costs.
- Minutes & Dividend Vouchers 382 12
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 311 11
- Private Healthcare Benefit In Kind 141 4
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 703 9
- Easiest and quickest way to reopen dissolved company, for the purposes of having access to funds in the bank account. 253 7
- Anyone use Xero for estate agent clients? 117 2
- Benefit of my ACCA membership to my Non Qualified Employer 207 3
- Cash accounting to flat rate scheme 61 2
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 274 8
- SA tax assessments 205 3
- Signing Accounts for Mortgage Reference 246 3
- Contractor/ Ltd Co/with pension 124 3
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 1,677 24
- new capital structure ltd with investors 290 4
- Who can I refer leads to? 291 6
- Companies House 308 4
- RTI - EPS - ??? 162 2
- Non-reporting of BIK - income tax liability 148 1
- Can a director pay for their childs tuition through the company 685 14
- Donaldson v HMRC - result?? 697 7
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 433
- CTA study material 391
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 291
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 268
- Pre incorp expenses 249
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 220
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 218
- Slight twist on employment related securities 199
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 155
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 144