Hotel in group, improvements and fixtures.
Group structure. Topco owns shares in two subs. SubA trades from a hotel. The freehold of the hotel is owned by SubB. SubB also has a trade of its own.
SubA has in the past year incurred £200k on groundwork improvements and £150k on Fixtures and Fittings upgrade. I understand that SubA can claim CA's on the eligible equipment and can not claim much at all on the groundwork improvement.
In the accounts of SubA I am going to have Leashold improvements of £200k being the capital improvement.
Q, if SubB comes to sell the hotel - where will it get its relief from the £200k spent by its sister company? i.e. does the £200k count as its qualifying expenditure?
Historically no rent has passed between the companies and no lease is in place.
In hindsight it would have been more straightforward had SubB paid the costs.
- Member meet up 1 October in London 336 8
- Seeking advice: Director's claim to money 190 7
- Identify cost savings 212 6
- Companies Made Simple - I guess they don't want our business any more 449 7
- HMRC AND BAD ORGANIZATION 125 2
- Capital gains tax and PPR 102 1
- Jobs after completing ACCA 143 2
- First director's salary payment 3 months after ltd company formation 595 11
- are these allowable deductions? 138 1
- Just another average day trying to deal with HMRC 1,662 20
- Laptop help needed I bought the wrong operating system 575 12
- Option To Tax - VAT on residential sales? 90 1
- SEIS: is it ok for co to spend money before the shares are issued? 144 3
- Can Guernsey company have same name as mine 420 7
- Schedule A losses 156 1
- Only pref shares. Does it matter 205 5
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 836 1
- Fees 801 8
- P11D & tax return 290 10
- Freelance/Employee 935 22
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 438
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 391
- Electric Car 334
- S222 Charge 269
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 241
- AIA 216
- IP trans to holding company 210
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 205
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 171
- Payroll Manager - tax code for starter declaration 'C' 162