How to account for master copies of films
Good day to all.
We have a client whose business is to make films for the education industry and then sell copies to whichever customer (school) is interested in the short films.
I am currently unsure about how to account for the cost of the master copies. I presume these are fixed assets but I am not sure which category these will go to and how to depreciate these assets.
Any suggestions will be most welcome.
Thanks in advance.
- Client's company struck off 548 16
- Travel expenses from Spain to the UK - tax deductible ? 242 8
- Optimum salary for directors appointed part way through the year 109 1
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 153 3
- Extension of lease in flat management company 79 1
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 188 7
- Does a building subcontractor charge VAT on his labour on a new-build? 326 9
- Auto enrolment 1,450 13
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 105 1
- Interest, surcharges and interest on late payment of tax 118 2
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 179 3
- Sole trader startup losses and PAYE income in same year 127 3
- Anyone had this problem?? 702 19
- Input VAT suffered in EU 155 3
- Investment property? 94 2
- Do you charge fee or % for Successful appeal against HMRC penalties? 1,604 23
- Sole Trader Cessation 172 2
- VAT flat rate scheme 337 6
- Does AE staging date cease with transfer of business? 96 1
- Invoice personally but declare in company? 445 9
- QROP pension input amounts 470
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 424
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 408
- fraud 336
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 258
- EPS and CIS deductions 247
- Construction CIS LLP Company 241
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 196
- SAGE winforecast 170
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 166