How to account for master copies of films
Good day to all.
We have a client whose business is to make films for the education industry and then sell copies to whichever customer (school) is interested in the short films.
I am currently unsure about how to account for the cost of the master copies. I presume these are fixed assets but I am not sure which category these will go to and how to depreciate these assets.
Any suggestions will be most welcome.
Thanks in advance.
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 60 2
- Moving to the cloud 533 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 144 2
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 61 1
- Companies house strike off 43 1
- How much to charge for payroll? 726 16
- When do we qualify for state pension? 146 2
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 118 4
- BTC vs Digita 973 29
- Seeking a tax case 253 8
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 282 4
- See you all on the other side 232 5
- VATABLE Income 283 3
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 208 2
- Different Filing Dates - Help! 264 7
- What are we calling cloud now? 410 6
- P11D software 95 1
- Write off of loans FROM participators 449 9
- VAT - business splitting 235 3
- Income tax or Capital gains tax? 586 16
- HMRC Joint Filing 521
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 392
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 351
- IRIS and FRS 102 325
- USA help 283
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 245
- Capital gains on rental property 227
- Sage Coretime 215
- Capitalising Finance Lease 212
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 204