How to account for master copies of films
Good day to all.
We have a client whose business is to make films for the education industry and then sell copies to whichever customer (school) is interested in the short films.
I am currently unsure about how to account for the cost of the master copies. I presume these are fixed assets but I am not sure which category these will go to and how to depreciate these assets.
Any suggestions will be most welcome.
Thanks in advance.
- Self assessment tax arrears 29 2
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 847 51
- Go Cardless 206 6
- R & D 86 3
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 725 16
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 191 1
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 45 1
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 84 2
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 97 3
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 87 1
- New Business Registration 195 5
- Audit rules 127 3
- Hosted email exchange 111 4
- Excel formula for UK corporation tax including losses 119 1
- G P life time allowance 92 3
- Why will HMRC not code out my client's £1,730 underpayment for 12/13 351 11
- Bringing money to Uk 197 3
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 105 1
- Accounting for investment club gains 103 2
- Moving from Sage payroll to Iris Payroll 190 5
- Xtuple 492
- Qtac payroll for bureau 331
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 275
- Industrial & Provident Societies 271
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 213
- Mehjoo 213
- New strategic report 167
- Domain name sale and limited company 151
- South African Government Pension 147
- CIS schemes 142