How to account for master copies of films
Good day to all.
We have a client whose business is to make films for the education industry and then sell copies to whichever customer (school) is interested in the short films.
I am currently unsure about how to account for the cost of the master copies. I presume these are fixed assets but I am not sure which category these will go to and how to depreciate these assets.
Any suggestions will be most welcome.
Thanks in advance.
- Client Paperwork Retention? 141 4
- Anyone else getting these HMRC letters? 1,293 7
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,365 19
- Reimbursing director travel costs 257 3
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 312 2
- Friday Question 483 7
- New Client works under PAYE but is about to set up own LTD. 375 8
- Independent Examination work programme 95 2
- Non reporting RTI - penalties 528 9
- Buy to Let Property! Shell I buy or not? 213 2
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 219 7
- Employers NI allowance 175 2
- What is the best way to buy commercial property these days 287 5
- Auto Enrolment 232 2
- Tax Point as opposed to VAT point 190 2
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,916 30
- Appeal against penalty- error in SA tax return 203 2
- Outside the scope VAT box 6 249 7
- Swimming Pool Income 350 4
- Coming off flat rate VAT 320 2
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 488
- DTA tie-breaker issue 291
- CGT for NOn UK residents 259
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 241
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 236
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 228
- Apprenticeship Levy 227
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 216
- Just checking re PSA 210
- Capital Gains personal representatives 203