How to account for master copies of films
Good day to all.
We have a client whose business is to make films for the education industry and then sell copies to whichever customer (school) is interested in the short films.
I am currently unsure about how to account for the cost of the master copies. I presume these are fixed assets but I am not sure which category these will go to and how to depreciate these assets.
Any suggestions will be most welcome.
Thanks in advance.
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 196 4
- How to reward a long standing employee 159 2
- flat rate scheme 671 19
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 238 5
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,509 43
- New intermediaries reporting requirements 185 2
- Windows 7 to 8 should I go Excel or Office 365 186 3
- Special dividends & CGT 283 2
- Attachment of Orders 120 1
- Sage instant account codes 265 2
- Allocation of income from property 253 7
- Protocol to be followed for professional clearance 180 2
- Turnover on a tax return 715 13
- UK tax exposure 396 7
- Companies House Presenter Account 186 3
- regulated mortgage work? 235 3
- Employer Making Employee Calculate own Holiday Pay 195 1
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 302 8
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 2,310 11
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 576 8