How to account for master copies of films
Good day to all.
We have a client whose business is to make films for the education industry and then sell copies to whichever customer (school) is interested in the short films.
I am currently unsure about how to account for the cost of the master copies. I presume these are fixed assets but I am not sure which category these will go to and how to depreciate these assets.
Any suggestions will be most welcome.
Thanks in advance.
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 60 1
- Recording fuel VAT adjustment in Sage 82 3
- Company purchase of shares 243 15
- Pension contributions and unused allowances 83 2
- VAT QUESTION 116 2
- Holding on to fees paid monthly for work not yet done? 1,067 14
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,194 15
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 211 13
- IR35 - it it worth worrying about any more? 277 4
- Why should I retain membership? 2,201 35
- BTL property solely in wife's name - can she split rental income with husband? 475 14
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 658 10
- CIS deductions against the wrong UTR 154 5
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 87 1
- HMRC Underpayment notices. Are they related to Employers Allowance 162 1
- Starting Self Employment while Employed in Practice 2,619 41
- VAT: option to tax 208 5
- Prior Year Adjustments 201 3
- Payroll software 590 14
- Permanent Place of Work & Travel & Subsistence 179 4
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 682
- Auto enrolment excuses 606
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 362
- Call Centre Data Costs 174
- Social investment tax relief 173
- Digita Hosted Software 169
- option to tax 155
- VAT on deposits 138
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 134
- Cars Leased primarily for Taxi Hire 130