How to account for master copies of films
Good day to all.
We have a client whose business is to make films for the education industry and then sell copies to whichever customer (school) is interested in the short films.
I am currently unsure about how to account for the cost of the master copies. I presume these are fixed assets but I am not sure which category these will go to and how to depreciate these assets.
Any suggestions will be most welcome.
Thanks in advance.
- What do your junior staff do? 435 6
- Overlap profit 246 5
- OMG HMRC !!!! Employ some ppl!! 566 12
- Keeping disastrous accounts 314 5
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 489 10
- VAT Exemptions for Dance Education 101 1
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,874 74
- In pratice using part time accountants 254 3
- Payments on account 95 1
- On the high seas 85 1
- Entrepreneurs Relief Shares Received as Part of Divorce Settlement 128 2
- RTI Payroll ID 975 22
- Spousal transfer and PPR 848 34
- Payroll question 125 2
- Where has Portia gone? 4,841 106
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 257 5
- Warning - "Central Register of Companies" con 209 3
- Goodwill On Incorporation 155 1
- CT600 for first year UK company trading abroad 187 13
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 343 5
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 840
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 439
- Sanzar 336
- How do you do it 330
- Digital marketing focus group 309
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 285
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 202
- Fit for purpose 197
- new investor structure 194
- VAT Registration 177