How to account for master copies of films
Good day to all.
We have a client whose business is to make films for the education industry and then sell copies to whichever customer (school) is interested in the short films.
I am currently unsure about how to account for the cost of the master copies. I presume these are fixed assets but I am not sure which category these will go to and how to depreciate these assets.
Any suggestions will be most welcome.
Thanks in advance.
- Are clients getting more stupid? 1,391 24
- international employer please help!! 111 3
- Sage payroll alternatives 442 7
- CGT 183 3
- accounting for this transaction 356 3
- Gift Aid 207 5
- do i have to register new ltd practice as tax agent? 211 3
- Married Couples Allowance wasted? 231 2
- Compliance check 578 16
- Capital gain? 193 4
- Interest paid to non-UK company - Deduction 125 3
- Is there capital gains tax for selling a church? 375 5
- Tax Avoidance 229 1
- When to include value of import in Box 7 94 2
- sole trader accountant 892 15
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 466 10
- employer pension contributions - OMB company 188 2
- Accounts production software license expiry & possible alternatives 356 7
- Construction Industry Allowable expenses 301 8
- Recharge for private use of a company car 370 8
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,096
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 784
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 470
- Digita Hosted Software 284
- Call Centre Data Costs 253
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 234
- Credit where credit's due....... 230
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 212
- Director phone costs 160
- RTI overpayments gap 154