How to account for master copies of films
Good day to all.
We have a client whose business is to make films for the education industry and then sell copies to whichever customer (school) is interested in the short films.
I am currently unsure about how to account for the cost of the master copies. I presume these are fixed assets but I am not sure which category these will go to and how to depreciate these assets.
Any suggestions will be most welcome.
Thanks in advance.
- Expenses prior to Startup date for startup 37 1
- Personal allowance for a resident of both Belgium and UK? 173 10
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 574 16
- VAT registration for self employed dentist??? 526 19
- Warning of enforcement action - without any warnings 150 2
- How can customer service quality vary between the basic pension firms? 198 3
- What is the role of an accountant? 1,204 21
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 90 2
- business card address 982 11
- VAT on educational consultancy 74 1
- Which tax box 50 1
- Will this AIA be disallowed when asset transferred to Ltd Co 161 10
- Tax on private fuel for own car 82 1
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,594 8
- paragraph 2 schedule 36 finance act 2008 73 1
- would home tutoring ever have to come under PAYE? 134 5
- Supplier invoice addressed to a different company, how is this treated for VAT? 217 10
- Moneysoft payroll 306 17
- Sportman claiming for training kit 836 9
- Self Employed Hairdressers and VAT treatment 129 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,252
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 448
- National Insurance 347
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 268
- Non Resident 265
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 257
- Franchise income and costs 230
- Hands on experience of Digita 180
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 170
- Employer's Helpline 136