How to account for master copies of films
Good day to all.
We have a client whose business is to make films for the education industry and then sell copies to whichever customer (school) is interested in the short films.
I am currently unsure about how to account for the cost of the master copies. I presume these are fixed assets but I am not sure which category these will go to and how to depreciate these assets.
Any suggestions will be most welcome.
Thanks in advance.
- Xero Pain Points 216 12
- Models, agency rules and intermediary reporting 83 1
- Why does Aweb always take the nuclear option … 2,619 58
- HMRC site down ? 67 3
- Samsung Galaxy - Tablet War 47 1
- The importance of Grammar 821 22
- Tax Filer - Transfering figures from partnership to personal returns 108 5
- Small hotel - food for personal use 163 2
- Late RTI submissions on change of accountants 121 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 335 15
- Tax Return for arrivals into the UK 138 4
- New starter - tax code 117 3
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 569 9
- ACCOUNTING TREATMENT FOR DISBURSEMENTS 225 3
- Childcare 263 4
- Bookkeeping - Relevant Qualifications? 223 2
- Overdrawn directors loan account. 797 19
- New .accountant domain name extension 118 1
- VAT REGISTATIONS 207 4
- SA302 list of lenders accepting alternative 1,468 18
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 359
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 296
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 281
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 278
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 269
- Electric Car 220
- S222 Charge 200
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 193
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 189
- Company Structure 170