How to account for master copies of films
Good day to all.
We have a client whose business is to make films for the education industry and then sell copies to whichever customer (school) is interested in the short films.
I am currently unsure about how to account for the cost of the master copies. I presume these are fixed assets but I am not sure which category these will go to and how to depreciate these assets.
Any suggestions will be most welcome.
Thanks in advance.
- property capital gains 144 2
- Transferring DLA between Directors 133 1
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,155 13
- Tips on meals 174 2
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 514 10
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 154 3
- Personal Tax 725 13
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 170 2
- Stumped - IHT 137 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 409 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 473 11
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,283 33
- Credit management tools 141 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 771 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 396 7
- CGT and primary residence 175 1
- Marriage Allowance 275 3
- S455 and February year ends 331 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 889 18
- Closing down loss-making company 458 5