How to account for master copies of films
Good day to all.
We have a client whose business is to make films for the education industry and then sell copies to whichever customer (school) is interested in the short films.
I am currently unsure about how to account for the cost of the master copies. I presume these are fixed assets but I am not sure which category these will go to and how to depreciate these assets.
Any suggestions will be most welcome.
Thanks in advance.
- Would this save hours of your time? 643 12
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 850 35
- Owners loan to business - is interest taxable 57 1
- Audit Required 1,165 22
- HMRC to sell our tax data to private companies 288 9
- Residential Management Companies 61 2
- Value pricing 2,837 37
- Problems with CT600 filing 382 5
- Flat rate scheme - which rate to use? 371 11
- Payroll software for Mac 113 1
- Online / Cloud Data Back Up 95 2
- Excel problem - pivot tables and multiple data sources 209 5
- CIS and Close Company 195 6
- LLP members share of profits 630 32
- Late P800 demand shows later year? 422 20
- Electronically supplied services - B2B 134 4
- Employment support allowance and self employed 95 1
- Registered Office 96 2
- Winding up a beneficiary will trust 108 1
- Brain freeze - loss on disposal of company car 291 7
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 935
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 658
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 388
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 329
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 253
- Paye procedures for CVA 244
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 241
- Expenses Re-imbursed on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 189
- Compliance Checks - Time limits 183
- Pension Fixed Protection 181