How to account for master copies of films
Good day to all.
We have a client whose business is to make films for the education industry and then sell copies to whichever customer (school) is interested in the short films.
I am currently unsure about how to account for the cost of the master copies. I presume these are fixed assets but I am not sure which category these will go to and how to depreciate these assets.
Any suggestions will be most welcome.
Thanks in advance.
- Lorry Drivers 74 1
- VAT 104 2
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 127 6
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 822 18
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 586 7
- Rental Income Tax Planning 192 3
- Vat 64 2
- Auto-Enrolment 3,800 184
- Method for filing 2013/14 payroll? 109 2
- Partially exempt? 195 6
- Incorporation Relief 111 2
- First VAT Visit for client 121 2
- Accounting Practice acting as an employment agency 239 11
- capital gains on PPR 1,431 21
- cost of moving out for a few weeks 312 9
- Tax question about small group and how to set up 232 14
- What type of Trust? 145 3
- What is 'an asset' for A/A+B CGT? 135 5
- OBK 606 19
- Instant CPD offer 162 2
- Skandia using wrong address 469
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 270
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 265
- Employee rewards 256
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 216
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 210
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 209
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 194
- Etax Australian 165
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 155