How to account for master copies of films
Good day to all.
We have a client whose business is to make films for the education industry and then sell copies to whichever customer (school) is interested in the short films.
I am currently unsure about how to account for the cost of the master copies. I presume these are fixed assets but I am not sure which category these will go to and how to depreciate these assets.
Any suggestions will be most welcome.
Thanks in advance.
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,315 51
- Opening Balances 246 5
- Employment Allowance 381 7
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 353 12
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 446 9
- Redoing accounts for mortgage lender 204 5
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 325 9
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 272 1
- Do I need a smartphone? 152 3
- Company struck off 152 4
- West Bromich Albion 340 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,888 61
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 407 10
- 27,000 Really? 1,238 38
- Legal title not in the company name 822 23
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 623 7
- Tax Credits for Self Employed 187 1
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 121 1
- This is getting boring 660 12
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 292 7
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 646
- Cancelled 400
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 356
- Cancelled 345
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 312
- Probiz 307
- How not to compose an email 307
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 287
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 225
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 202