How to account for master copies of films
Good day to all.
We have a client whose business is to make films for the education industry and then sell copies to whichever customer (school) is interested in the short films.
I am currently unsure about how to account for the cost of the master copies. I presume these are fixed assets but I am not sure which category these will go to and how to depreciate these assets.
Any suggestions will be most welcome.
Thanks in advance.
- Something for the weekend? 48 1
- A Friday Funny. 109 4
- Is it any of my business ? 1,398 14
- Accounting for display stands 154 5
- vat gross profit percentage margins 396 1
- HMRC enquiry - PAYE error / RTI 263 4
- VAT training 142 3
- BTL property and holdover or other relief 322 6
- Treatment of one-off payments to non-employees 150 1
- Capital Allowance on Vehicles - CT600 351 9
- Companies House Search 203 2
- HMRC Online Services Problems 544 14
- AML reporting to NCA 114 2
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 1,497 25
- VAT on new build property 285 5
- Who gets the CGT deduction 159 1
- Winning clients from retiring accountant - ethics/morals 1,805 15
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 2,457 24
- Introduction of assets to Limited Company (Comic Books) 570 16
- Outsourcing 129 1
- NHS finance professionals 695
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 426
- Foreign Pension Contribution 396
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 380
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 375
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 327
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 295
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 264
- IFA income recognition & reporting 220
- Incorporating doctors 214