How to account for master copies of films
Good day to all.
We have a client whose business is to make films for the education industry and then sell copies to whichever customer (school) is interested in the short films.
I am currently unsure about how to account for the cost of the master copies. I presume these are fixed assets but I am not sure which category these will go to and how to depreciate these assets.
Any suggestions will be most welcome.
Thanks in advance.
- Client Death 311 4
- Errors in prior year accounts 422 11
- Loan to realted parties 75 3
- VAT On Conference Sponsorship 25 1
- monthly payments 177 3
- Related party disclosures 58 2
- Loan from one LTD co. to another LTd Co. 65 1
- Hive up - accounting and notes to financial statements 143 2
- Free Shares ? 60 1
- Are pre trading lossess able to be off set if the company does not trade? 199 3
- Coding notices post P11d 1,917 16
- Any point writing to HMRC to appeal against self assessment penalties ? 564 15
- Tick & Bash Bristol 439 7
- IFA incorporation 361 1
- VAT on Training Courses 202 5
- Consolidated Accounts Software 177 2
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 642 26
- Peer to Peer lending 260 6
- Filing Dormant LLPs with Companies House 134 2
- Fixed Assets 335 6
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 589
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 458
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 359
- Sorry ignore me 334
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 287
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 285
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 268
- Cancelled 211
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 185
- Cancelled 183