How to account for master copies of films
Good day to all.
We have a client whose business is to make films for the education industry and then sell copies to whichever customer (school) is interested in the short films.
I am currently unsure about how to account for the cost of the master copies. I presume these are fixed assets but I am not sure which category these will go to and how to depreciate these assets.
Any suggestions will be most welcome.
Thanks in advance.
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 790 32
- Your fondest calculator memories 250 13
- Can't understand my own electricity / gas bills 200 8
- Does Freeholder have to be director of our RTM Company? 146 8
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 249 2
- Sale of an investment between group companies 78 2
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 367 12
- RTI - EPS - ??? 237 4
- That old chestnut 563 9
- Sale of part of business & Entrepreneur's Relief 20 1
- Partner with an IVA 61 4
- Joint filing delays 32 2
- Anyone use Xero for estate agent clients? 192 4
- Anyone having problems with IRIS OpenSpace? 59 3
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 1,270 18
- Sub-contractor provided with a vehicle 159 5
- Can Directors be removed without consequence? 222 4
- Growing pains 319 6
- Owner/Director consultant plus employment elsewhere 178 6
- Free Agent - Payments on Account 508 13
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 440
- CTA study material 402
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 296
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 270
- Pre incorp expenses 261
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 233
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 225
- Slight twist on employment related securities 202
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 170
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 164