How to account for master copies of films
Good day to all.
We have a client whose business is to make films for the education industry and then sell copies to whichever customer (school) is interested in the short films.
I am currently unsure about how to account for the cost of the master copies. I presume these are fixed assets but I am not sure which category these will go to and how to depreciate these assets.
Any suggestions will be most welcome.
Thanks in advance.
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 98 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 297 6
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 150 2
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 268 5
- Comapny valuation qualifications 106 2
- Director's tax return 358 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 163 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,095 34
- Flat rate vat 190 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 181 5
- Coming in from the cold 347 3
- Splitting the tax year 168 2
- P11d & Medical Ins 206 2
- Should design costs be capitalised? 172 4
- Submitting tax return 182 1
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 266 8
- Sage Payroll 319 11
- Payroo Employer allowance query 212 6
- vat return 270 3
- Value pricing 740 26
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 805
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 557
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 426
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 306
- Free Tax Legislation? 275
- Director Loan account operation 260
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 253
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 248
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 232
- Paye procedures for CVA 170