How to account for master copies of films
Good day to all.
We have a client whose business is to make films for the education industry and then sell copies to whichever customer (school) is interested in the short films.
I am currently unsure about how to account for the cost of the master copies. I presume these are fixed assets but I am not sure which category these will go to and how to depreciate these assets.
Any suggestions will be most welcome.
Thanks in advance.
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 129 2
- Limited Company Contractor renting a house whilst working at a temporary location 131 3
- Capital Gain? 514 14
- thinking of starting up - AAT ACCA 225 5
- Sell business after leaving country 134 2
- How much to charge? 249 5
- CIMA MIP - wife joining business, non MIP 180 1
- Client with enquiry inro careless or negligent tax return 639 15
- Income tax on foreign dividends 244 2
- break even point 595 18
- Simple consolidation question 124 2
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 393 10
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 1,002 27
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 406 9
- Client cash balances, on or off-balance sheet for full service brokerage firm 207 3
- Abolish the penalty regime 294 5
- Separating a business into retail and wholesale, with husband and wife as separate owner/managers. 182 4
- IHT Query 252 4
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 448 2
- BrightPay 700 22
- Possible Partnership? 468
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 443
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 431
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 235
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 230
- Clubs and Taxable Income 221
- New Fangled Penalties 220
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 214
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 187
- Loans to other companies 169