How to account for master copies of films
Good day to all.
We have a client whose business is to make films for the education industry and then sell copies to whichever customer (school) is interested in the short films.
I am currently unsure about how to account for the cost of the master copies. I presume these are fixed assets but I am not sure which category these will go to and how to depreciate these assets.
Any suggestions will be most welcome.
Thanks in advance.
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 349 11
- Online Payroll with Auto Enrolment 123 2
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 845 31
- What sectors to target? 237 8
- IHT and cash gifts 136 4
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 673 32
- Practice management 188 3
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 357 1
- Teacher doing marking - tax deducted 403 4
- Flat Conversion Allowance 80 1
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 236 4
- Conversion from UK GAAP to IFRS 95 1
- Childcare voucher schemes 160 7
- Clothing 243 4
- VAT registration transfer 169 3
- Sponsorship & VAT 104 1
- CT/CO'S HOUSE DATES ALLIGNMENT 158 2
- Director drawings 439 31
- IRIS opentax login problems?! 325 3
- HMRC SA302s 225 3
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 909
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 617
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 582
- Latest phishing scam 540
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 381
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 283
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 205
- Capital allowances in first basis period 192
- Sabbatical payments 181
- Negligible Value Claim 158