How to apply Tour operators margin scheme
We have recently become VAT registered. One of our activities is to supply Yoga Holidays in the UK, France and Morocco.
In all instances, we do not supply travel. We only supply the accommodation (which is a hotel that we rent from a thirdparty) and the teaching of Yoga classes (either in-house or via a thirdparty)
We are trying to get to grips with TOMs and would be very grateful if anyone can offer some words of wisdom.
We can see the TOMs probably applies to the EU (including UK) supplies. However, does Morocco fall outside the TOMs?
Pouring over Notice 709/5, it talks about "I have an establishment in..." - but what does establishment really mean?
Any advice is very grateful...
- How much can we do to help? 105 3
- Sale Of Shares 36 1
- Accountex flash mob 569 18
- The new married allowance 164 3
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 162 2
- Any good members voluntary liquidators 80 2
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 697 10
- Career advice for ex HMRC Inspector 868 20
- Getting fees, getting harder? 1,764 32
- VAT by Direct Debit 134 8
- Er... 361 2
- Cash extraction pre-sale 211 5
- VAT claim on exempt supply 314 11
- Group structure - transfer of shares 129 5
- Child benefit 369 9
- £3750 earned in Dubai - where on the income tax return??? 166 3
- Tax on selling a sole trader business 331 10
- IR 35 241 5
- Share disposal - help please 116 1
- New desktop accounting and payroll, help, please 354 11
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 659
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 410
- Pensions Regulator 380
- RTI - duplicate employee record 343
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 328
- SA penalty proposals 312
- Using the correct forms 303
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 298
- Sage Vat return box 2 207
- Digital marketing focus group 202