How to apply Tour operators margin scheme
We have recently become VAT registered. One of our activities is to supply Yoga Holidays in the UK, France and Morocco.
In all instances, we do not supply travel. We only supply the accommodation (which is a hotel that we rent from a thirdparty) and the teaching of Yoga classes (either in-house or via a thirdparty)
We are trying to get to grips with TOMs and would be very grateful if anyone can offer some words of wisdom.
We can see the TOMs probably applies to the EU (including UK) supplies. However, does Morocco fall outside the TOMs?
Pouring over Notice 709/5, it talks about "I have an establishment in..." - but what does establishment really mean?
Any advice is very grateful...
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,227 17
- Budget 2015 - take two 156 3
- CIS Contractor has not issued tax deduction certificate to client 166 4
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 190 4
- VAT Query 148 2
- Overlap relief 694 17
- Sacked my first client 593 14
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 381 9
- Accounts note disclosure - Directors 194 4
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,243 24
- Share transfer question 246 9
- Director needs to withdraw 45k lump sum from company 601 11
- Trades and deadlines 120 3
- How to pay national insurance 641 18
- New Website Look 1,067 29
- Accounting for buying off bank 253 11
- Indemnity question re IR35? 221 5
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 153 4
- Marketing and email surprises 345 7
- Am I too soft? 458 13
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 424
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 417
- WIP Software 284
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 283
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 217
- No payroll scheme in place 214
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 193
- Software recommendations 193
- Is there anything wrong with this? 184
- Free project management software with Gantt charts, preferably on-line 182