How to apply Tour operators margin scheme
We have recently become VAT registered. One of our activities is to supply Yoga Holidays in the UK, France and Morocco.
In all instances, we do not supply travel. We only supply the accommodation (which is a hotel that we rent from a thirdparty) and the teaching of Yoga classes (either in-house or via a thirdparty)
We are trying to get to grips with TOMs and would be very grateful if anyone can offer some words of wisdom.
We can see the TOMs probably applies to the EU (including UK) supplies. However, does Morocco fall outside the TOMs?
Pouring over Notice 709/5, it talks about "I have an establishment in..." - but what does establishment really mean?
Any advice is very grateful...
- VAT registration pre-incorporation- wait for TOGC or treat as sale? 124 2
- EOQ Formula 29 1
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,343 26
- P11D Query 201 7
- Any Scottish members out there? 10,540 389
- What is the role of an accountant? 594 15
- Late filing penalty for personal tax return. Reasonable excuse 488 11
- VAT registration for self employed dentist??? 423 12
- Should he transfer the Van into the company ? 196 2
- Time limit 107 1
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 106 1
- How can customer service quality vary between the basic pension firms? 145 2
- Pay-slip date & Pay-ment Date 261 13
- Investor wants shares. How does that work? 195 6
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 1,285 24
- 100% Xero practice 2,300 42
- More stupid generic notices from HMRC on RTI 159 1
- Difference of Sales Invoices and Bank receipts for Sales 193 6
- Scottish but not UK 348 9
- Pension Contributions Relief 302 10
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,223
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 434
- National Insurance 334
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 330
- Non Resident 256
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 253
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 251
- Franchise income and costs 219
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 159
- Hands on experience of Digita 156