How to ask two questions?
If I send company accounts, tax return and tax computations in an email asking for the clients OK and a personal tax return and tax computations in another email asking for the OK, If I am in luck I usually get one of the emails answered. Clients seem incapable of answering more than one email.
If I ask a client if the attached company information is correct AND ask them for the SIC code(s) in the same email I usually get an answer to one of the questions but not both.
Am I overestimating client's intelligence? Should I include more than simple questions? I was thinking I could put a form in with a yes/no option and a box for the code. Should I colour the questions to make them more noticeable?
Should I give up on trying to get evidence of a clients response and phone them and ask them the questions? I could always record the conversations!
It's not even 9 am yet!
- Outside the scope VAT box 6 106 5
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 629 15
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,885 43
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 277 6
- Deduction for Flat Rate Scheme VAT 355 4
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 373 5
- New Client works under PAYE but is about to set up own LTD. 103 3
- Sale of Limited Co computer 66 1
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 657 16
- Sole Trader or Ltd Company 415 4
- Charge for tax returns 651 12
- Real time 249 3
- Company Number 10000000 1,087 14
- Childcare voucher scheme for a director earning the minimum amount 407 14
- Reimbursing director travel costs 199 1
- When to top-up pensions? 275 3
- Coming off flat rate VAT 228 1
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 210 6
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 760 14
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 828 1
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 475
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 291
- DTA tie-breaker issue 282
- CGT for NOn UK residents 246
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 222
- Apprenticeship Levy 221
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 214
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 203
- Just checking re PSA 201
- Capital Gains personal representatives 198