How to ask two questions?
If I send company accounts, tax return and tax computations in an email asking for the clients OK and a personal tax return and tax computations in another email asking for the OK, If I am in luck I usually get one of the emails answered. Clients seem incapable of answering more than one email.
If I ask a client if the attached company information is correct AND ask them for the SIC code(s) in the same email I usually get an answer to one of the questions but not both.
Am I overestimating client's intelligence? Should I include more than simple questions? I was thinking I could put a form in with a yes/no option and a box for the code. Should I colour the questions to make them more noticeable?
Should I give up on trying to get evidence of a clients response and phone them and ask them the questions? I could always record the conversations!
It's not even 9 am yet!
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 415 7
- More AE! 633 14
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 28 1
- Should I move back home away from my office? 306 6
- IT advisory questions? 79 4
- Moneysoft and People's Pension 66 4
- Entrepreneurs Relief 738 41
- PAYE 1,543 17
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 466 6
- Scanners 65 1
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 1,082 16
- Relevance of UK Residency 105 2
- VAT Tax Point - Overseas Purchase 104 3
- Invoice dispute 580 5
- DAILY PENALTIES / APPEALS 254 2
- Construction Industry Allowable expenses 420 9
- Property inheritance by overseas resident 93 1
- 2013-14 Tax Return-Transparent Benchmarks? 127 1
- IHT dilemma 1,333 20
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,116 18
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,137
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 790
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 475
- Digita Hosted Software 313
- Credit where credit's due....... 253
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 218
- Director phone costs 216
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 186
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 160
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 147