How to ask two questions?
If I send company accounts, tax return and tax computations in an email asking for the clients OK and a personal tax return and tax computations in another email asking for the OK, If I am in luck I usually get one of the emails answered. Clients seem incapable of answering more than one email.
If I ask a client if the attached company information is correct AND ask them for the SIC code(s) in the same email I usually get an answer to one of the questions but not both.
Am I overestimating client's intelligence? Should I include more than simple questions? I was thinking I could put a form in with a yes/no option and a box for the code. Should I colour the questions to make them more noticeable?
Should I give up on trying to get evidence of a clients response and phone them and ask them the questions? I could always record the conversations!
It's not even 9 am yet!
- Rental Income Tax Planning 179 3
- Vat 47 2
- Auto-Enrolment 3,782 184
- Method for filing 2013/14 payroll? 95 2
- Partially exempt? 193 6
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 115 4
- Incorporation Relief 101 2
- First VAT Visit for client 99 2
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 807 17
- Accounting Practice acting as an employment agency 227 11
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 568 6
- capital gains on PPR 1,428 21
- cost of moving out for a few weeks 301 9
- Tax question about small group and how to set up 231 14
- What type of Trust? 144 3
- What is 'an asset' for A/A+B CGT? 135 5
- OBK 595 19
- Instant CPD offer 150 2
- Dividend in specie 148 2
- Investor exit 110 2
- Skandia using wrong address 469
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 270
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 264
- Employee rewards 256
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 216
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 209
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 209
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 192
- Etax Australian 165
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 155