How to ask two questions?
If I send company accounts, tax return and tax computations in an email asking for the clients OK and a personal tax return and tax computations in another email asking for the OK, If I am in luck I usually get one of the emails answered. Clients seem incapable of answering more than one email.
If I ask a client if the attached company information is correct AND ask them for the SIC code(s) in the same email I usually get an answer to one of the questions but not both.
Am I overestimating client's intelligence? Should I include more than simple questions? I was thinking I could put a form in with a yes/no option and a box for the code. Should I colour the questions to make them more noticeable?
Should I give up on trying to get evidence of a clients response and phone them and ask them the questions? I could always record the conversations!
It's not even 9 am yet!
- Leaving the flat rate scheme 140 4
- error on companies house accounts 729 18
- RTI penalties 85 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 515 7
- Bookkeeping software for cafe and VAT 146 2
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 308 5
- US Sales Tax 112 1
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 368 15
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 199 3
- Simplified auto enrolment? 144 1
- Group Relief 130 4
- R&D Credits 104 1
- Is the annual Money Laundering Payment tax allowable 251 7
- VAT Reg.for sole trader with 2 S/E 130 2
- Clients 684 14
- Advice needed on my practice but not my clients 321 4
- Starting new accounting business 300 5
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 465 10
- Sage Payroll 121 1
- SAGE 50 - Invoice Date 119 2
- QROP pension input amounts 501
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 482
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 445
- EPS and CIS deductions 299
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 291
- Construction CIS LLP Company 284
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 249
- Lets hear it for HMRC! 207
- SAGE winforecast 204
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 187