How to ask two questions?
If I send company accounts, tax return and tax computations in an email asking for the clients OK and a personal tax return and tax computations in another email asking for the OK, If I am in luck I usually get one of the emails answered. Clients seem incapable of answering more than one email.
If I ask a client if the attached company information is correct AND ask them for the SIC code(s) in the same email I usually get an answer to one of the questions but not both.
Am I overestimating client's intelligence? Should I include more than simple questions? I was thinking I could put a form in with a yes/no option and a box for the code. Should I colour the questions to make them more noticeable?
Should I give up on trying to get evidence of a clients response and phone them and ask them the questions? I could always record the conversations!
It's not even 9 am yet!
- tax credits 82 2
- Seeking advice: Freehold Pub Lease 251 9
- Legitimate Expectation 101 2
- What do do about VAT? 406 14
- Payroll got out of synch 329 10
- Holding company - accounts and tax return 73 1
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 1,061 23
- Amending 13-14 sole trader return to reflect increased profit in 14-15 131 2
- Claiming the expenses of Scooby 152 2
- Client right to working papers 1,199 8
- Stamp duty or SDLT payable on admission to a partnership? 162 3
- Are there any auto-enrolment engagement letter templates? 837 18
- Directors, service companies and national minimum wage (NMW) - Profit extraction 247 6
- Accounts Package 583 14
- Seeking advice: Paying Funeral Costs 638 7
- Share issue and transfer 105 3
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 625 7
- Old payroll 231 5
- HMRC Debt collectors 308 4
- Special Puprose Vehicle (SPV) company 185 4
- NHS finance professionals 589
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 387
- Foreign Pension Contribution 361
- vat gross profit percentage margins 332
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 321
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 302
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 264
- Thinning income 262
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 219
- IFA income recognition & reporting 198