How to ask two questions?
If I send company accounts, tax return and tax computations in an email asking for the clients OK and a personal tax return and tax computations in another email asking for the OK, If I am in luck I usually get one of the emails answered. Clients seem incapable of answering more than one email.
If I ask a client if the attached company information is correct AND ask them for the SIC code(s) in the same email I usually get an answer to one of the questions but not both.
Am I overestimating client's intelligence? Should I include more than simple questions? I was thinking I could put a form in with a yes/no option and a box for the code. Should I colour the questions to make them more noticeable?
Should I give up on trying to get evidence of a clients response and phone them and ask them the questions? I could always record the conversations!
It's not even 9 am yet!
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 440 7
- New CASC rules 83 2
- Strike off 112 4
- Autoenrolment and variable earnings 259 2
- How to find difference in Sage bank rec 84 3
- When to register or not for PAYE 236 3
- CIS subcontractor's invoice on QuickFile 134 4
- Treatment of private ambulances on introduction to business 239 6
- valuation of vehicles 529 20
- Settlements Legislation - Adult Children as shareholders 74 1
- Gift to son by parents 306 2
- Company investment 83 1
- What is your favourite font? 283 7
- RTI Mess 598 10
- directors loan 502 9
- Why are so many UK accountants reticent to make use of Indian outsourcing providers? 3,572 81
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 553 23
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 581 8
- Mortgage Interest - Tax Deductible 529 5
- Assets at strike off 195 3
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 335
- Any thoughts on Capium? 282
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 268
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 255
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 238
- auto enrolment 216
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 195
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 186
- How to account for investment in JV? 173
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 162