How to ask two questions?
If I send company accounts, tax return and tax computations in an email asking for the clients OK and a personal tax return and tax computations in another email asking for the OK, If I am in luck I usually get one of the emails answered. Clients seem incapable of answering more than one email.
If I ask a client if the attached company information is correct AND ask them for the SIC code(s) in the same email I usually get an answer to one of the questions but not both.
Am I overestimating client's intelligence? Should I include more than simple questions? I was thinking I could put a form in with a yes/no option and a box for the code. Should I colour the questions to make them more noticeable?
Should I give up on trying to get evidence of a clients response and phone them and ask them the questions? I could always record the conversations!
It's not even 9 am yet!
- Residents Association Corp Tax 276 12
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 332 15
- Your fondest calculator memories 994 40
- Sale of an investment between group companies 128 5
- Investment property where tenant lives rent free 360 7
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 948 21
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 1,935 27
- Car maintenance costs deductible against CT 142 5
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 303 1
- Unquoted company valuation multiples 43 1
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 255 6
- private to company car? 297 6
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 865 13
- Question re Career choice... 1,404 9
- Owner/Director consultant plus employment elsewhere 232 7
- Which address 843 10
- What is the best practice for running a roofing company in Sage 216 6
- You think HMRC are inefficient? 340 6
- What is the reasoning behind HMRC letter re high income child benefit charge? 353 8
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 473 13
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 462
- CTA study material 443
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 313
- Pre incorp expenses 292
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 253
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 244
- Slight twist on employment related securities 221
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 206
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 194
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 134