How to ask two questions?
If I send company accounts, tax return and tax computations in an email asking for the clients OK and a personal tax return and tax computations in another email asking for the OK, If I am in luck I usually get one of the emails answered. Clients seem incapable of answering more than one email.
If I ask a client if the attached company information is correct AND ask them for the SIC code(s) in the same email I usually get an answer to one of the questions but not both.
Am I overestimating client's intelligence? Should I include more than simple questions? I was thinking I could put a form in with a yes/no option and a box for the code. Should I colour the questions to make them more noticeable?
Should I give up on trying to get evidence of a clients response and phone them and ask them the questions? I could always record the conversations!
It's not even 9 am yet!
- Sale of business 404 1
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 431 1
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 186 2
- VAT Registration 140 9
- Easy way to not pay tax 416 15
- Tax Credit Overpayment 117 6
- Who can wind up a Promissory Trust? 149 3
- Mortgage Interest and rental income 119 2
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 411 10
- Using a Business broker to sell a clients Company.....??? 216 8
- VAT on Microsoft Office Accounting Professional 2009 225 4
- Builder using cash labour 211 2
- Threshold for RTI submission 187 3
- FATCA registration as an Agent 64 1
- IRIS Practice Management 209 3
- Pre- trading Expenses 173 2
- Payment for goods received on last day of quarter but refunded the next - what options are open here? 393 16
- Charities sorp - portfolio management fees 190 5
- If an invoice is sent and paid does a contract exist 349 12
- Need qualification back due to clients' banks needing my references 464 10
- Skandia using wrong address 1,493
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 830
- International interest certificate 449
- NOVA 306
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 218
- Bonus Bonds 183
- Management expenses for investment company 180
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 176
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 171
- BTL property with a plot of land at the back 160