How to ask two questions?
If I send company accounts, tax return and tax computations in an email asking for the clients OK and a personal tax return and tax computations in another email asking for the OK, If I am in luck I usually get one of the emails answered. Clients seem incapable of answering more than one email.
If I ask a client if the attached company information is correct AND ask them for the SIC code(s) in the same email I usually get an answer to one of the questions but not both.
Am I overestimating client's intelligence? Should I include more than simple questions? I was thinking I could put a form in with a yes/no option and a box for the code. Should I colour the questions to make them more noticeable?
Should I give up on trying to get evidence of a clients response and phone them and ask them the questions? I could always record the conversations!
It's not even 9 am yet!
- Lack of VAT Receipt 53 1
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 243 4
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 122 4
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 177 3
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 175 2
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 824 11
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 537 19
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 698 13
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 304 16
- Personal pension 436 9
- Business rates consultancy 268 4
- Wrong tax code 178 6
- Benefit in Kind 263 5
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 94 2
- Am I getting Soft?? 297 10
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,059 31
- Deferred Tax 475 8
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 207 1
- You know its over 501 6
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 248 1
- Hive up 513
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 474
- corporate hierarchy 453
- Advice - 296
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 238
- WWOOFers 233
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 217
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 195
- The booking.com con 175
- UK State pension paid in NZ 166