How to ask two questions?
If I send company accounts, tax return and tax computations in an email asking for the clients OK and a personal tax return and tax computations in another email asking for the OK, If I am in luck I usually get one of the emails answered. Clients seem incapable of answering more than one email.
If I ask a client if the attached company information is correct AND ask them for the SIC code(s) in the same email I usually get an answer to one of the questions but not both.
Am I overestimating client's intelligence? Should I include more than simple questions? I was thinking I could put a form in with a yes/no option and a box for the code. Should I colour the questions to make them more noticeable?
Should I give up on trying to get evidence of a clients response and phone them and ask them the questions? I could always record the conversations!
It's not even 9 am yet!
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,481 41
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 157 3
- Directors Remunerations and Employees on CT600 102 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 287 1
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 238 3
- Practice management - that old chestnut....... 1,238 19
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 373 6
- Go Cardless 388 10
- Self assessment tax arrears 335 3
- Mehjoo 337 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 161 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 417 5
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 201 4
- SA302 350 7
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 298 13
- Bringing money to Uk 304 4
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 223 4
- Hmrc software 265 3
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 205 1
- Hosted email exchange 197 5
- Xtuple 526
- Qtac payroll for bureau 358
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 302
- Industrial & Provident Societies 295
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 239
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 217
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 215
- Domain name sale and limited company 185
- CIS schemes 180
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 157