how 'big' do you want your practice to be?
i'm interested in hearing the views of aweb members about how big they would like to grow their practice to, and why.
our little practice has now grown to 250k in fees after just shy of 2 years. its been hard work, but i've enjoyed it (mostly!). i've transferred my pension into a SIPP & just bought an office that could accomodate 20 staff (or, could just be a very spacious office for a smaller practice!). we have several marketing channels in place now, and a steady stream of prospects means i can be selective about clients we take on. its strange that we seem to turn away as many prospects as we take on - so just take the cream of the cream.
i'd always regarded 2 years as the time needed to establish a practice. i'm just wondering about 'phase 2' now ... half of me would like to get to around 300-350k GRF & then settle at that level, earning a decent income, & with good staff & my own premises i would be 'living the dream' LOL.
the other half of me wants to grow, grow, grow ... and take the fees up to 500,750, £1m ....
i've read some great posts from steve mcqueen on here about how growing a larger practice wasn't for him in the end ... (thanks for the honesty steve!) ... whereas other peeps seem bigger and perfectly happy ...
would love to hear what others thoughts are ... do you grow 'deliberately' or just drift along / upwards ... when you cant handle any more clients and dont want to grow how do you turn away new clients ... do you have a 'practice plan' ... etc
thanks all ....
- vat help for catering concession 129 3
- Employee works in UK paid by Denmark and uses company car from another business 18 1
- RTI and Directors' salaries 136 2
- Is there capital gains tax for selling a church? 182 3
- Travel costs and contractors 250 2
- Importers 100 1
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 265 4
- Tax free threshold on person receiving gifts 238 4
- dfgd fget 84 1
- More AE! 220 6
- New business - journal entries 606 27
- US Citizen but never resident in US 211 4
- LLP Tax Allocation Prior Year Amendment 56 1
- aia 115 1
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 444 10
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 453 16
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 242 5
- Form 17 Joint tenancy v tenants in common 257 7
- Merger of Two companies 560 20
- Merging 515 12
- Auto enrolment excuses 989
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 743
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 431
- Digita Hosted Software 248
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 246
- Social investment tax relief 243
- Call Centre Data Costs 227
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 182
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 147
- Petrol station franchise and VAT 137