how 'big' do you want your practice to be?
i'm interested in hearing the views of aweb members about how big they would like to grow their practice to, and why.
our little practice has now grown to 250k in fees after just shy of 2 years. its been hard work, but i've enjoyed it (mostly!). i've transferred my pension into a SIPP & just bought an office that could accomodate 20 staff (or, could just be a very spacious office for a smaller practice!). we have several marketing channels in place now, and a steady stream of prospects means i can be selective about clients we take on. its strange that we seem to turn away as many prospects as we take on - so just take the cream of the cream.
i'd always regarded 2 years as the time needed to establish a practice. i'm just wondering about 'phase 2' now ... half of me would like to get to around 300-350k GRF & then settle at that level, earning a decent income, & with good staff & my own premises i would be 'living the dream' LOL.
the other half of me wants to grow, grow, grow ... and take the fees up to 500,750, £1m ....
i've read some great posts from steve mcqueen on here about how growing a larger practice wasn't for him in the end ... (thanks for the honesty steve!) ... whereas other peeps seem bigger and perfectly happy ...
would love to hear what others thoughts are ... do you grow 'deliberately' or just drift along / upwards ... when you cant handle any more clients and dont want to grow how do you turn away new clients ... do you have a 'practice plan' ... etc
thanks all ....
- What expenses to claim for painter/decorator working from home base 38 1
- ICAS GPPM 74 1
- PPR for non-residents after 05 Apr 2015 107 2
- Payroll 235 7
- Buying fees 680 5
- IHT Query 439 11
- Audit and paypal balances 175 7
- Missing C79 153 5
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 488 16
- VAT margin scheme 269 14
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 301 8
- How to walk away without questions 2,728 17
- Takeover of Annual PAYE scheme 126 2
- Get it off your chest 252 4
- Directors bonus 154 2
- Auto Enrolment specialist service provider 107 1
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 284 3
- HMRC Unpaid Debt Collector 263 5
- do you receive fewer phone calls than some years back because of emails 179 3
- break even point 1,120 33
- Possible Partnership? 556
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 553
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 481
- New Fangled Penalties 354
- Clubs and Taxable Income 293
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 277
- Loans to other companies 220
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 212
- Outsource Data Entry 180
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 179