how 'big' do you want your practice to be?
i'm interested in hearing the views of aweb members about how big they would like to grow their practice to, and why.
our little practice has now grown to 250k in fees after just shy of 2 years. its been hard work, but i've enjoyed it (mostly!). i've transferred my pension into a SIPP & just bought an office that could accomodate 20 staff (or, could just be a very spacious office for a smaller practice!). we have several marketing channels in place now, and a steady stream of prospects means i can be selective about clients we take on. its strange that we seem to turn away as many prospects as we take on - so just take the cream of the cream.
i'd always regarded 2 years as the time needed to establish a practice. i'm just wondering about 'phase 2' now ... half of me would like to get to around 300-350k GRF & then settle at that level, earning a decent income, & with good staff & my own premises i would be 'living the dream' LOL.
the other half of me wants to grow, grow, grow ... and take the fees up to 500,750, £1m ....
i've read some great posts from steve mcqueen on here about how growing a larger practice wasn't for him in the end ... (thanks for the honesty steve!) ... whereas other peeps seem bigger and perfectly happy ...
would love to hear what others thoughts are ... do you grow 'deliberately' or just drift along / upwards ... when you cant handle any more clients and dont want to grow how do you turn away new clients ... do you have a 'practice plan' ... etc
thanks all ....
- what time is it ? 230 3
- VAT on disbursement 156 2
- Business Christmas Greetings 978 18
- tax credits 190 7
- Victor Meldrew morning 1,024 17
- EC VAT codes in Sage 50 78 1
- LLP - Member leaving 183 6
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 731 21
- Year end 234 3
- Foreign income for self employed 166 2
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 294 9
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 305 9
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,132 14
- Tax Return Deadlines 241 4
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 608 21
- How would you account for warranty? 178 4
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 412 22
- Sweet Tooth 227 6
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 204 2
- trading or dormant 134 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 898
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 521
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 334
- How to format a stock book 315
- Tax efficient holding company structure 252
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 245
- Investment property company accounts template 229
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 195
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 178
- Charge out rates in London? 154