How to browse safely on free WiFi
I am by no means an IT expert and would greatly appreciate any tips or pointers from any Aweb members who are more technically savvy than me!
I have read about how unsafe free WiFi in airports, hotels etc is and I now find myself in a poistion where I will need to access my emails whilst I'm away. I will be using an iPad 2.
My research so far seems to indicate that it is not possible to "protect" my emails on my iPad (I can't seem to change the settings so that I am asked to enter a password, for example - but I'm not convinced that would solve the problem anyway), and that using a Virtual Personal Network (VPN) whilst out of the office would be the answer.
I don't really want to sign up for a paid service as I will only be using the VPN maybe for 3 or 4 weeks during the year, in a hotel or airport situation, mostly for email access and some browsing. I will not be using my iPad for internet banking or making online purchases. I just don't want anyone else to be able to have access to my emails.
I have read that PureVPN might be suitable. Does anyone have any recommendations please?
Thanks in advance.
PS My only other requirement is that it would have to be easy for me to set up!
- Quickbooks expert needed 96 1
- New HMRC phone answering method ... 54 2
- Have i messed up? 302 7
- Related Parties Note 262 6
- Client change of address for VAT - can't do it online?! 312 6
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,308 16
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,342 57
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 462 26
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 238 1
- End of the party for dividends? 1,187 18
- How to format a stock book 357 1
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,360 31
- Disposal of property 93 2
- Tax liability of sole trader changing to partnership 124 1
- Website - Any guess on their business ... 212 2
- trading or dormant 198 4
- do I have to pay NI? 148 2
- Matching of tax return to P60 257 5
- Can you get tax deduction for legal fees on sale of debtors 211 7
- Tax Return Deadlines 327 5
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 961
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 537
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 344
- Tax efficient holding company structure 273
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 260
- Investment property company accounts template 239
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 207
- Charge out rates in London? 179
- Personal consumption by landlord 156
- Interest on Loan to a Company 154