how class 1 NI is made up
US parent client wants to understand how class 1 NI is made up, including what goes towards health care and how the secondary state pension is funded. They found a report (I don't know where) which says "Employers contribute @ 12.8% of earnings to the government - 1.9% for National health and the remaining 10.9% for the state pension, unemployment, work injury, etc. The employees contribute 11% - of that, 2% is for National Health and the remaining 9% goes to pensions, etc"
Is this correct - can anyone direct me towards more information?
They want more detail regarding how much of the contribution is used to fund the basic pension (and perhaps, the second state pension). Is there anywhere where this is defined?
Their main questions are:
What percentage actually goes toward for pension funding?
How is the ‘second state pension funded?
Any comments gladly appreciated.
- Are HMRC getting it right? 142 2
- Aggressive HMRC 1,594 17
- Trading Structure / Illegal Trading 131 2
- Dazed & confused 240 3
- Tax efficient holding company structure 294 1
- Property scam victim 91 1
- Starting an accountancy practice for bachelors? 205 4
- Recommendation for a good website on exchange rate forecast 152 11
- Where can I get Quickbooks help 139 5
- Law Shipping/Odeon related question 71 1
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,669 68
- Loss on disposal and impairment 62 1
- Comments on this scenario 144 3
- PPR election - what do you think? 235 7
- Penalties 122 1
- SAGE con 237 4
- rates of pay query 230 3
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 101 2
- Pension contributions higher rate extension? 206 1
- Overpayment relief claim 163 5
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,022
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 559
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 366
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 278
- Charge out rates in London? 215
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 215
- Personal consumption by landlord 184
- Interest on Loan to a Company 175
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 151
- Alphabet shares 144