How do accountants collect money for tax return work only?
I do not bother with monthly Direct Debit payments for clients who only require tax returns (SA100 and SA800) to be completed. The fees charged for these does make it worthwhile. Thankfully I do not have many of these.
I have some of clients they tend to be husband and wife (landlords), I charge them £1000+VAT for tax returns. I am thinking of asking them to go on monthly Direct Debit.
I would be grateful to find out how accountants collect money on tax return work. Do you:
- Collect by DD?
- If not DD do you get the money in advance? (I don't - poor practice I think). If in advance at what stage do you ask to pay. Just after then signing the tax return?
- Do you put ever client on DD? I am thinking anything collecting through monthly DD any thing over £500+VAT.
How do client's view monthly DD for tax return work only?
- Are HMRC getting it right? 136 2
- Aggressive HMRC 1,591 17
- Trading Structure / Illegal Trading 129 2
- Dazed & confused 237 3
- Tax efficient holding company structure 294 1
- Property scam victim 89 1
- Starting an accountancy practice for bachelors? 202 4
- Recommendation for a good website on exchange rate forecast 152 11
- Where can I get Quickbooks help 139 5
- Law Shipping/Odeon related question 69 1
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,669 68
- Loss on disposal and impairment 62 1
- Comments on this scenario 144 3
- PPR election - what do you think? 235 7
- Penalties 122 1
- SAGE con 235 4
- rates of pay query 229 3
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 101 2
- Pension contributions higher rate extension? 206 1
- Overpayment relief claim 163 5
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,022
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 559
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 366
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 278
- Charge out rates in London? 215
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 215
- Personal consumption by landlord 184
- Interest on Loan to a Company 175
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 151
- Agent fees to sell business 144