How do accountants collect money for tax return work only?
I do not bother with monthly Direct Debit payments for clients who only require tax returns (SA100 and SA800) to be completed. The fees charged for these does make it worthwhile. Thankfully I do not have many of these.
I have some of clients they tend to be husband and wife (landlords), I charge them £1000+VAT for tax returns. I am thinking of asking them to go on monthly Direct Debit.
I would be grateful to find out how accountants collect money on tax return work. Do you:
- Collect by DD?
- If not DD do you get the money in advance? (I don't - poor practice I think). If in advance at what stage do you ask to pay. Just after then signing the tax return?
- Do you put ever client on DD? I am thinking anything collecting through monthly DD any thing over £500+VAT.
How do client's view monthly DD for tax return work only?
- Profitable company wanting to buy an office 45 1
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 49 3
- Outsourcing iXBRL Tagging 362 21
- Use of home for storage 284 6
- VAT registration for self employed dentist??? 277 10
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 739 15
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,210 21
- Shutting down losing Directors Loan 329 4
- VAT on stock sold at a loss 170 6
- Any Scottish members out there? 9,053 338
- Commercial property rental on disincorporation 58 1
- property rental income split 222 2
- Payments on account coded out?? 283 1
- Late filing penalty for personal tax return. Reasonable excuse 332 9
- Mortgage deposit Gift 391 17
- What should I do for 'free' 590 6
- Declined for business bank account 494 7
- Negativer Payslip Request 256 3
- Family loan 1,223 16
- Getting VAT right for a sole trader pilot 154 5
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,179
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 398
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 311
- National Insurance 305
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 258
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 231
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 230
- Non Resident 215
- Franchise income and costs 199
- Hands on experience of Digita 139