How do accountants collect money for tax return work only?
I do not bother with monthly Direct Debit payments for clients who only require tax returns (SA100 and SA800) to be completed. The fees charged for these does make it worthwhile. Thankfully I do not have many of these.
I have some of clients they tend to be husband and wife (landlords), I charge them £1000+VAT for tax returns. I am thinking of asking them to go on monthly Direct Debit.
I would be grateful to find out how accountants collect money on tax return work. Do you:
- Collect by DD?
- If not DD do you get the money in advance? (I don't - poor practice I think). If in advance at what stage do you ask to pay. Just after then signing the tax return?
- Do you put ever client on DD? I am thinking anything collecting through monthly DD any thing over £500+VAT.
How do client's view monthly DD for tax return work only?
- What are options for non CA firm 2,409 53
- I have missing sales invoices 340 5
- Dissolving company to avoid CCJ 187 1
- is my company accounts right? 647 16
- Invoice Help 347 10
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 225 8
- Class 2 National Insurance contributions 344 5
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 351 5
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 941 19
- Errors in prior year accounts 1,043 26
- Directors Subsistence 192 1
- (CIMA) - Qualified to Management Level (2006) 242 4
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 420 16
- Purchase of freehold by flat management company 266 3
- Final year's accounts 337 3
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,918 27
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,487 20
- Free Shares ? 329 6
- Dividend dates 334 6
- Sxx rather than sxx 305 3
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 552
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 318
- Cancelled 314
- Cancelled 264
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 225
- Married woman dies owning marital home 216
- Probiz 205
- What's the market like for temps? 200
- CIS Deductions 162
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 158