How do accountants collect money for tax return work only?
I do not bother with monthly Direct Debit payments for clients who only require tax returns (SA100 and SA800) to be completed. The fees charged for these does make it worthwhile. Thankfully I do not have many of these.
I have some of clients they tend to be husband and wife (landlords), I charge them £1000+VAT for tax returns. I am thinking of asking them to go on monthly Direct Debit.
I would be grateful to find out how accountants collect money on tax return work. Do you:
- Collect by DD?
- If not DD do you get the money in advance? (I don't - poor practice I think). If in advance at what stage do you ask to pay. Just after then signing the tax return?
- Do you put ever client on DD? I am thinking anything collecting through monthly DD any thing over £500+VAT.
How do client's view monthly DD for tax return work only?
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 316 5
- Funding Circle Servicing Fee 111 2
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,246 12
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 380 5
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,446 18
- Vat 236 4
- CT/CIS offset 98 2
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 152 4
- Trade name 152 3
- Musician - Allowable Travel expenses 126 1
- New business - journal entries 299 20
- B2B vat in the EU 100 2
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 307 18
- Why should I retain membership? 2,650 45
- VAT on deposits 201 2
- VAT clearance for determining the correct rate to apply 122 1
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 399 12
- option to tax 202 1
- Share of profits from building society 94 1
- sage vat journal 83 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 775
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 704
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 382
- Social investment tax relief 201
- Digita Hosted Software 195
- Call Centre Data Costs 190
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 154
- Travel costs and contractors 147
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 138
- Certificates of tax deposit 132