How do accountants collect money for tax return work only?
I do not bother with monthly Direct Debit payments for clients who only require tax returns (SA100 and SA800) to be completed. The fees charged for these does make it worthwhile. Thankfully I do not have many of these.
I have some of clients they tend to be husband and wife (landlords), I charge them £1000+VAT for tax returns. I am thinking of asking them to go on monthly Direct Debit.
I would be grateful to find out how accountants collect money on tax return work. Do you:
- Collect by DD?
- If not DD do you get the money in advance? (I don't - poor practice I think). If in advance at what stage do you ask to pay. Just after then signing the tax return?
- Do you put ever client on DD? I am thinking anything collecting through monthly DD any thing over £500+VAT.
How do client's view monthly DD for tax return work only?
- General tax book with planning 135 2
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,188 69
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 270 11
- Gift of property & improvements 104 2
- Error in past Corporate tax return 331 5
- VAT Invoice 118 4
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 796 32
- IHT and Swiss Property 121 1
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 204 3
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 167 7
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 138 2
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 439 10
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 362 8
- Help with tax codes on Sage 248 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 178 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 258 4
- Accounting for a finance lease 158 4
- SA302's anyone?? 531 16
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,643 41
- Renting for military reasons 191 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,620
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 901
- International interest certificate 509
- NOVA 368
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 292
- Management expenses for investment company 263
- Bonus Bonds 261
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 172
- tax on apprenticeship income 172
- P11D benefit received by widow 148