How do accountants collect money for tax return work only?
I do not bother with monthly Direct Debit payments for clients who only require tax returns (SA100 and SA800) to be completed. The fees charged for these does make it worthwhile. Thankfully I do not have many of these.
I have some of clients they tend to be husband and wife (landlords), I charge them £1000+VAT for tax returns. I am thinking of asking them to go on monthly Direct Debit.
I would be grateful to find out how accountants collect money on tax return work. Do you:
- Collect by DD?
- If not DD do you get the money in advance? (I don't - poor practice I think). If in advance at what stage do you ask to pay. Just after then signing the tax return?
- Do you put ever client on DD? I am thinking anything collecting through monthly DD any thing over £500+VAT.
How do client's view monthly DD for tax return work only?
- Amend tax return? 95 2
- Self Assessment and P11D 187 5
- Adding shop sales to sage 32 2
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 264 9
- self assessment repayment requesto 544 11
- What does the "K" signify 30 1
- Capital Gains Relief 189 7
- Directors Salary and Self Assessment (PAYE) 118 2
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 993 42
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 676 26
- Tax on devidend in my company who is employee in other company 109 3
- Two weeks grace on self assessment where repayment is due? 216 4
- HMRC SA302s 52 1
- Investment from Friend 208 10
- Receipt bank 360 8
- Trading lossess & non trading co & investment income 71 1
- Do we have to register for VAT? 503 10
- Director remuneration £1000 only in year. paye registration required? 353 4
- Company dividends 554 15
- Tax Penalty overreaction 2,213 15
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 882
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 585
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 546
- Latest phishing scam 481
- Entrepreneurs' relief 429
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 353
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 327
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 251
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 251
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 175