How do accountants collect money for tax return work only?
I do not bother with monthly Direct Debit payments for clients who only require tax returns (SA100 and SA800) to be completed. The fees charged for these does make it worthwhile. Thankfully I do not have many of these.
I have some of clients they tend to be husband and wife (landlords), I charge them £1000+VAT for tax returns. I am thinking of asking them to go on monthly Direct Debit.
I would be grateful to find out how accountants collect money on tax return work. Do you:
- Collect by DD?
- If not DD do you get the money in advance? (I don't - poor practice I think). If in advance at what stage do you ask to pay. Just after then signing the tax return?
- Do you put ever client on DD? I am thinking anything collecting through monthly DD any thing over £500+VAT.
How do client's view monthly DD for tax return work only?
- Self-assessment statistics 2,477 59
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 231 5
- Transmission of ISA 52 2
- Bench-marking software, any ideas? 201 2
- Next Move 720 20
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 197 2
- Not renewing AAT 680 9
- CGT of shares gifted 385 6
- New dividend taxation 515 3
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,802 51
- Co purchase printed materials from EU - VAT 173 1
- Company car v company allowance 298 1
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 439 9
- Company formation and bank account 449 9
- Owning overseas property 362 2
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 294 1
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 294 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 713 8
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 748 9
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 296 2
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 671
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 410
- Property letting & CAs 400
- 2015 tax year end 398
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 397
- FCA regulated company in a small group 348
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 323
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 242
- Costly Accounting Software contract 219
- DTA tie-breaker issue 213