How do accountants collect money for tax return work only?
I do not bother with monthly Direct Debit payments for clients who only require tax returns (SA100 and SA800) to be completed. The fees charged for these does make it worthwhile. Thankfully I do not have many of these.
I have some of clients they tend to be husband and wife (landlords), I charge them £1000+VAT for tax returns. I am thinking of asking them to go on monthly Direct Debit.
I would be grateful to find out how accountants collect money on tax return work. Do you:
- Collect by DD?
- If not DD do you get the money in advance? (I don't - poor practice I think). If in advance at what stage do you ask to pay. Just after then signing the tax return?
- Do you put ever client on DD? I am thinking anything collecting through monthly DD any thing over £500+VAT.
How do client's view monthly DD for tax return work only?
- New use of home - simplified method 162 4
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 249 5
- company secretarial software 57 1
- convert directors loan account to share capital 103 3
- Belated VAT Exception Application 69 1
- 2 year rule? Self employed. 305 13
- Rental Income 246 3
- How long is filing an FPS meant to take ? 1,921 32
- Share restructure 321 12
- Liquidation of Subsiduary 138 4
- Unknown cash receipt 1,771 14
- P11d error 419 9
- Need to upgrade from Sage 50 but to what? 158 1
- Associated companies 106 1
- Purchase buy-to-let property personally or LTD? 495 8
- Paperless office question 186 4
- RTI "Reason for submission being late" 416 7
- Warning about Tax Insider (taxinsider.co.uk) 939 5
- Stock Valuation 130 1
- Employment allowance and service companies (outside IR35) 483 14
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 723
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 494
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 336
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 331
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 261
- growth voucher supplier 232
- VAT on Gaming Machines 205
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 195
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 179
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 171