How do accountants collect money for tax return work only?
I do not bother with monthly Direct Debit payments for clients who only require tax returns (SA100 and SA800) to be completed. The fees charged for these does make it worthwhile. Thankfully I do not have many of these.
I have some of clients they tend to be husband and wife (landlords), I charge them £1000+VAT for tax returns. I am thinking of asking them to go on monthly Direct Debit.
I would be grateful to find out how accountants collect money on tax return work. Do you:
- Collect by DD?
- If not DD do you get the money in advance? (I don't - poor practice I think). If in advance at what stage do you ask to pay. Just after then signing the tax return?
- Do you put ever client on DD? I am thinking anything collecting through monthly DD any thing over £500+VAT.
How do client's view monthly DD for tax return work only?
- The importance of Grammar 1,246 35
- Tax Implications on Child Benefits 31 1
- IRIS OpenSpace won't upload CT600 properly 256 6
- tax saving on card points 210 6
- 2014/15 Tax calculation spread sheet 888 14
- VAT - How hard is it? 671 24
- Capital Allowances and CGT interaction 240 9
- Scissors 842 24
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,301 35
- AIA for a Van, Self Employed 422 6
- Tax treatment of gift of expensive watch 432 10
- Directors exempt from AE? 215 6
- Availability of Tax Relief on Expenses incurred for Voluntary Work Overseas 104 2
- Profit split from an investment property 105 4
- Xero Pain Points 492 17
- DIRECTOR LOAN ACCOUNT AND BALANCE 320 8
- VAT and Groups 79 2
- Post Budget Disincorporations 1,923 13
- VAT & Offshore Companies 215 7
- Bookkeeping - Relevant Qualifications? 450 5
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 367
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 318
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 305
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 292
- Electric Car 248
- S222 Charge 217
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 213
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 199
- Company Structure 191
- VAT and customer entertaining 174