How do accountants collect money for tax return work only?
I do not bother with monthly Direct Debit payments for clients who only require tax returns (SA100 and SA800) to be completed. The fees charged for these does make it worthwhile. Thankfully I do not have many of these.
I have some of clients they tend to be husband and wife (landlords), I charge them £1000+VAT for tax returns. I am thinking of asking them to go on monthly Direct Debit.
I would be grateful to find out how accountants collect money on tax return work. Do you:
- Collect by DD?
- If not DD do you get the money in advance? (I don't - poor practice I think). If in advance at what stage do you ask to pay. Just after then signing the tax return?
- Do you put ever client on DD? I am thinking anything collecting through monthly DD any thing over £500+VAT.
How do client's view monthly DD for tax return work only?
- Tasbook email configuration 206 3
- Unpaid Fee's 382 7
- PAYE NI 154 3
- Closing down - who should buy whom? 136 3
- Client information from previous accountant 139 2
- VAT flat rate scheme 199 3
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 279 8
- Client cash balances, on or off-balance sheet for full service brokerage firm 242 4
- How long do legal aid take to pay? 105 1
- Two questions re client meetings and TR Fees 386 5
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 228 2
- Liability account to deal with loans from owner 157 5
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,673 31
- quote for winding down two companies and file accounts 142 1
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 836 14
- How much to charge? 710 10
- break even point 1,012 30
- Trustee in Bankruptcy 191 5
- Accomodation and travel 210 1
- Issue with a software supplier 259 4
- Possible Partnership? 516
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 498
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 470
- New Fangled Penalties 312
- Clubs and Taxable Income 262
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 260
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 253
- Loans to other companies 194
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 171
- English Company Owning Property in Scotland 160