How do accountants collect money for tax return work only?
I do not bother with monthly Direct Debit payments for clients who only require tax returns (SA100 and SA800) to be completed. The fees charged for these does make it worthwhile. Thankfully I do not have many of these.
I have some of clients they tend to be husband and wife (landlords), I charge them £1000+VAT for tax returns. I am thinking of asking them to go on monthly Direct Debit.
I would be grateful to find out how accountants collect money on tax return work. Do you:
- Collect by DD?
- If not DD do you get the money in advance? (I don't - poor practice I think). If in advance at what stage do you ask to pay. Just after then signing the tax return?
- Do you put ever client on DD? I am thinking anything collecting through monthly DD any thing over £500+VAT.
How do client's view monthly DD for tax return work only?
- Xerocon 2016 1,011 24
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,188 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 218 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 228 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 585 12
- Personal Tax 484 11
- USA Tax Query 157 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,659 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 944 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 277 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 597 18
- Corrupt Excel File 674 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 348 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,975 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 290 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 404 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 167 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 320 4
- last minute request 507 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,253 46