How do accountants collect money for tax return work only?
I do not bother with monthly Direct Debit payments for clients who only require tax returns (SA100 and SA800) to be completed. The fees charged for these does make it worthwhile. Thankfully I do not have many of these.
I have some of clients they tend to be husband and wife (landlords), I charge them £1000+VAT for tax returns. I am thinking of asking them to go on monthly Direct Debit.
I would be grateful to find out how accountants collect money on tax return work. Do you:
- Collect by DD?
- If not DD do you get the money in advance? (I don't - poor practice I think). If in advance at what stage do you ask to pay. Just after then signing the tax return?
- Do you put ever client on DD? I am thinking anything collecting through monthly DD any thing over £500+VAT.
How do client's view monthly DD for tax return work only?
- Do accountants work at home? 361 8
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 395 8
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 840 15
- I used to think HMRC contact lines couldnt get any worse................ 85 1
- Rogue Accountant 3,833 58
- Where has Portia gone? 5,943 120
- How to introduce funds in to a Limited by guarantee company 42 1
- ER Relief 87 2
- 'Workers' for AE purposes 91 1
- Payroll question 242 3
- Share buyback, possible embezzlement 267 5
- Where did you buy your Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500? 91 3
- Can a trust benefit from PPR 710 6
- VAT Registration 214 1
- How do you do it 427 1
- Help 503 14
- Payments on account 332 6
- What are other accountants having for lunch? 794 21
- Do you need to account for a director loan separate from the current account 125 1
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 323 1