How do accountants collect money for tax return work only?
I do not bother with monthly Direct Debit payments for clients who only require tax returns (SA100 and SA800) to be completed. The fees charged for these does make it worthwhile. Thankfully I do not have many of these.
I have some of clients they tend to be husband and wife (landlords), I charge them £1000+VAT for tax returns. I am thinking of asking them to go on monthly Direct Debit.
I would be grateful to find out how accountants collect money on tax return work. Do you:
- Collect by DD?
- If not DD do you get the money in advance? (I don't - poor practice I think). If in advance at what stage do you ask to pay. Just after then signing the tax return?
- Do you put ever client on DD? I am thinking anything collecting through monthly DD any thing over £500+VAT.
How do client's view monthly DD for tax return work only?
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 2,002 18
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 361 6
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 105 1
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 186 3
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 57 1
- FPS or EPS 120 2
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 238 3
- Continuity of Practice 171 2
- IRIS Professional Yearend 116 2
- Letting Agents - requirement for audit of clients accounts 304 10
- Scams are not always obvious 2,194 34
- Financial statements accounting policies 241 5
- Does Members voluntary liquidation require change of year end 149 3
- Market Value/Connected Persons 291 10
- Online Downtime 334 4
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 324 3
- What do you all do in your spare time? 790 31
- Personal allowance 671 15
- Google contacts sharing within our domain 445 6
- New Fangled Penalties 1,120 1
- Moving away from CCH software 944
- QROP pension input amounts 435
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 378
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 352
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 321
- fraud 280
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 250
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 219
- Construction CIS LLP Company 207
- EPS and CIS deductions 193