How do accountants collect money for tax return work only?
I do not bother with monthly Direct Debit payments for clients who only require tax returns (SA100 and SA800) to be completed. The fees charged for these does make it worthwhile. Thankfully I do not have many of these.
I have some of clients they tend to be husband and wife (landlords), I charge them £1000+VAT for tax returns. I am thinking of asking them to go on monthly Direct Debit.
I would be grateful to find out how accountants collect money on tax return work. Do you:
- Collect by DD?
- If not DD do you get the money in advance? (I don't - poor practice I think). If in advance at what stage do you ask to pay. Just after then signing the tax return?
- Do you put ever client on DD? I am thinking anything collecting through monthly DD any thing over £500+VAT.
How do client's view monthly DD for tax return work only?
- flat rate scheme 172 4
- Director's Earnings when Drawing from Goodwill profit from Sole Trading Company sale to Ltd Company 214 2
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 1,966 9
- Company limited by guarantee having only 1 member 132 3
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 473 5
- capital allowances - Demolition of a building 163 2
- Limited by Guarantee - Members 97 1
- VAT refund 321 3
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,285 37
- Turnover on a tax return 553 12
- incorrect old p60 566 15
- Company to buy shareholder land 141 4
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 188 1
- Posting Corp Tax to Sage Line 50 161 1
- Special dividends & CGT 207 1
- Networking 371 5
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 282 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 307 4
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 342 5
- Professional coaching claimable? 299 2