How do accountants collect money for tax return work only?
I do not bother with monthly Direct Debit payments for clients who only require tax returns (SA100 and SA800) to be completed. The fees charged for these does make it worthwhile. Thankfully I do not have many of these.
I have some of clients they tend to be husband and wife (landlords), I charge them £1000+VAT for tax returns. I am thinking of asking them to go on monthly Direct Debit.
I would be grateful to find out how accountants collect money on tax return work. Do you:
- Collect by DD?
- If not DD do you get the money in advance? (I don't - poor practice I think). If in advance at what stage do you ask to pay. Just after then signing the tax return?
- Do you put ever client on DD? I am thinking anything collecting through monthly DD any thing over £500+VAT.
How do client's view monthly DD for tax return work only?
- Settlement discount 199 5
- IT advisory questions? 299 8
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,556 21
- experian and credit agencies 76 1
- Homing sandwiches 554 13
- Limited company to community interest company 50 1
- How can I deal with an unethical accountant? 445 10
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 209 5
- Error in audited accounts 230 3
- CIS software 130 3
- Pratice Management Software 210 3
- Use of home query 185 2
- signature required 594 22
- Vat registration exception 216 3
- CT600 158 3
- Director appointment not valid - any observations? 221 7
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 533 9
- A number of Clearbooks VAT return issues! 190 2
- VAT on hotel payments received in advance 159 2
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 249 10
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,261
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 835
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 530
- Digita Hosted Software 347
- Credit where credit's due....... 322
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 249
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 206
- TheTax Donut 191
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 169
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 167