How Do I Encourage Mr X to Sign Up?
2 weeks ago a charming Graphic Designer rang me, as a result of a referral from another charming client. He said he was a one man band, self employed and thought he was paying his current accountant too much. He might also be interested in passing on the bookkeeping to me. Tax return for 2012 has been filed and y/e is April.
Based on a brief discussion, I quoted him £700 for tax. It transpires he is paying £1,100 at present. He presents data on a spreadsheet to Accountant, who has not apparently raised any concerns.
Good, I thought. I then said from the few statistics he'd given to me about his bookkeeping, I could do this for £230 plus VAT a quarter fixed fee. His stats seemed remarkably similar to an existing Graphic Designer client (whose bookkeeping I do for the same fee.) He said he would like me to see some of his schedules, and I foolishly didn't get it at the time, but I now realise this was an indication that he thought the bookkeeping charge was too high.
He said he would get back to me, but I got his phone number and email address before he went.
Since then, I've emailed him to say I was keen to see the schedules he was going to send me. I haven't heard from him since.
I liked him as a person, and have already told him it could well be in his interests to go ltd.
How should I tackle him further to get him onside?
- Free Agent - Payments on Account 335 7
- How to tell HMRC Limited Co. is active 225 4
- Helping clients with bookkeeping but not a bookkeeper 749 19
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 1,420 20
- Wear & Tear Allowances 311 7
- That old chestnut 369 7
- Supply to Irish State Body 220 2
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 300 3
- Non controlling shares - how to set up 248 9
- Donaldson v HMRC - result?? 252 3
- Investment property where tenant lives rent free 211 4
- Loss on cessation of sole trade 126 1
- MAAT vs ACCA 1,960 35
- IR35 - relationship of WIP 667 6
- Tax relief for Director incurring business expenses on his credit card 214 2
- Repair or improvement? 436 7
- National Insurance. 165 1
- Trust tax return 173 1
- VAT on land sale 177 6
- Property Development 322 7
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 406
- CTA study material 360
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 269
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 251
- new capital structure ltd with investors 204
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 200
- Pre incorp expenses 200
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 180
- Slight twist on employment related securities 172
- Accommodation provided to employees for short term contract away from home 156