How Do I Encourage Mr X to Sign Up?
2 weeks ago a charming Graphic Designer rang me, as a result of a referral from another charming client. He said he was a one man band, self employed and thought he was paying his current accountant too much. He might also be interested in passing on the bookkeeping to me. Tax return for 2012 has been filed and y/e is April.
Based on a brief discussion, I quoted him £700 for tax. It transpires he is paying £1,100 at present. He presents data on a spreadsheet to Accountant, who has not apparently raised any concerns.
Good, I thought. I then said from the few statistics he'd given to me about his bookkeeping, I could do this for £230 plus VAT a quarter fixed fee. His stats seemed remarkably similar to an existing Graphic Designer client (whose bookkeeping I do for the same fee.) He said he would like me to see some of his schedules, and I foolishly didn't get it at the time, but I now realise this was an indication that he thought the bookkeeping charge was too high.
He said he would get back to me, but I got his phone number and email address before he went.
Since then, I've emailed him to say I was keen to see the schedules he was going to send me. I haven't heard from him since.
I liked him as a person, and have already told him it could well be in his interests to go ltd.
How should I tackle him further to get him onside?
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 799 5
- See you all on the other side 802 6
- 12Pay 579 2
- dividends 789 2
- R&D 377 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,245 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 495 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 496 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 459 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 591 5
- Seeking a tax case 711 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 573 4
- Companies house strike off 693 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 514 2
- Moving to the cloud 795 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 236 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 957 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 237 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,136 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 551 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 585
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 435
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 384
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 376
- IRIS and FRS 102 370
- Marginal rates of tax 366
- Class 2 NI 351
- Capitalising Finance Lease 350
- USA help 332
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 317