How Do I Encourage Mr X to Sign Up?
2 weeks ago a charming Graphic Designer rang me, as a result of a referral from another charming client. He said he was a one man band, self employed and thought he was paying his current accountant too much. He might also be interested in passing on the bookkeeping to me. Tax return for 2012 has been filed and y/e is April.
Based on a brief discussion, I quoted him £700 for tax. It transpires he is paying £1,100 at present. He presents data on a spreadsheet to Accountant, who has not apparently raised any concerns.
Good, I thought. I then said from the few statistics he'd given to me about his bookkeeping, I could do this for £230 plus VAT a quarter fixed fee. His stats seemed remarkably similar to an existing Graphic Designer client (whose bookkeeping I do for the same fee.) He said he would like me to see some of his schedules, and I foolishly didn't get it at the time, but I now realise this was an indication that he thought the bookkeeping charge was too high.
He said he would get back to me, but I got his phone number and email address before he went.
Since then, I've emailed him to say I was keen to see the schedules he was going to send me. I haven't heard from him since.
I liked him as a person, and have already told him it could well be in his interests to go ltd.
How should I tackle him further to get him onside?
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 201 3
- Practice management - that old chestnut....... 1,194 19
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 320 6
- Go Cardless 365 10
- Self assessment tax arrears 299 3
- Mehjoo 321 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 92 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 346 5
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 186 4
- SA302 323 7
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 289 13
- Bringing money to Uk 284 4
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 212 4
- Hmrc software 248 3
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 159 1
- Hosted email exchange 183 5
- South African Government Pension 183 1
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 342 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 324 13
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 251 7
- Xtuple 515
- Qtac payroll for bureau 355
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 298
- Industrial & Provident Societies 292
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 233
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 203
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 201
- Domain name sale and limited company 177
- CIS schemes 175
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 151