How Do I Encourage Mr X to Sign Up?
2 weeks ago a charming Graphic Designer rang me, as a result of a referral from another charming client. He said he was a one man band, self employed and thought he was paying his current accountant too much. He might also be interested in passing on the bookkeeping to me. Tax return for 2012 has been filed and y/e is April.
Based on a brief discussion, I quoted him £700 for tax. It transpires he is paying £1,100 at present. He presents data on a spreadsheet to Accountant, who has not apparently raised any concerns.
Good, I thought. I then said from the few statistics he'd given to me about his bookkeeping, I could do this for £230 plus VAT a quarter fixed fee. His stats seemed remarkably similar to an existing Graphic Designer client (whose bookkeeping I do for the same fee.) He said he would like me to see some of his schedules, and I foolishly didn't get it at the time, but I now realise this was an indication that he thought the bookkeeping charge was too high.
He said he would get back to me, but I got his phone number and email address before he went.
Since then, I've emailed him to say I was keen to see the schedules he was going to send me. I haven't heard from him since.
I liked him as a person, and have already told him it could well be in his interests to go ltd.
How should I tackle him further to get him onside?
- Agricultural Land Hold Over and Roll Over 62 1
- Director hired as an individual 16 1
- VAT charge needed on van sale? 53 1
- Loan interest rental property 177 5
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 104 4
- Theatre as charitable company 28 1
- Real names 446 17
- Who owns the data 171 2
- Taxfiler - is it really good? 125 5
- Peer to Peer lending 109 5
- What's the plural? 654 14
- Garage Conversion -Ltd Company Office 91 1
- Well well well 235 2
- Clarification over - VAT Box 8 - Flat rate scheme 123 4
- Capital Gains Tax 100 3
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 149 1
- Dividend payment date 1,844 32
- Use of aliases 700 19
- Any Benefit in Kind when obliged to attend a dinner? 151 1
- Accounting Crew 900 20
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 568
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 429
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 331
- IFA incorporation 306
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 295
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 284
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 248
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 234
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 225
- Sorry ignore me 217