How Do I Encourage Mr X to Sign Up?
2 weeks ago a charming Graphic Designer rang me, as a result of a referral from another charming client. He said he was a one man band, self employed and thought he was paying his current accountant too much. He might also be interested in passing on the bookkeeping to me. Tax return for 2012 has been filed and y/e is April.
Based on a brief discussion, I quoted him £700 for tax. It transpires he is paying £1,100 at present. He presents data on a spreadsheet to Accountant, who has not apparently raised any concerns.
Good, I thought. I then said from the few statistics he'd given to me about his bookkeeping, I could do this for £230 plus VAT a quarter fixed fee. His stats seemed remarkably similar to an existing Graphic Designer client (whose bookkeeping I do for the same fee.) He said he would like me to see some of his schedules, and I foolishly didn't get it at the time, but I now realise this was an indication that he thought the bookkeeping charge was too high.
He said he would get back to me, but I got his phone number and email address before he went.
Since then, I've emailed him to say I was keen to see the schedules he was going to send me. I haven't heard from him since.
I liked him as a person, and have already told him it could well be in his interests to go ltd.
How should I tackle him further to get him onside?
- What does it mean?? 327 11
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 283 13
- VAT on motor expenses 886 32
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 75 1
- Sage Payroll with 'employees' not having tax or NI deducted 56 1
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,703 22
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,298 40
- How to account fot Cross-border vat. 88 1
- Entrepreneurs' relief for trustees - receipt of rent 136 3
- Associated companies - CT small profits relief 159 7
- Introduction of Goodwill 188 5
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 153 4
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 740 19
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 385 12
- Money transfers between companies owned by one person 203 9
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 328 11
- Sage 50 (2010) 110 2
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 390 3
- Recommendation of US tax adviser? 92 1
- Notes to statutory accounts 326 15
- Skandia using wrong address 1,546
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 852
- International interest certificate 469
- NOVA 327
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 229
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 217
- Bonus Bonds 208
- Management expenses for investment company 206
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 200
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 189