How Do I Encourage Mr X to Sign Up?
2 weeks ago a charming Graphic Designer rang me, as a result of a referral from another charming client. He said he was a one man band, self employed and thought he was paying his current accountant too much. He might also be interested in passing on the bookkeeping to me. Tax return for 2012 has been filed and y/e is April.
Based on a brief discussion, I quoted him £700 for tax. It transpires he is paying £1,100 at present. He presents data on a spreadsheet to Accountant, who has not apparently raised any concerns.
Good, I thought. I then said from the few statistics he'd given to me about his bookkeeping, I could do this for £230 plus VAT a quarter fixed fee. His stats seemed remarkably similar to an existing Graphic Designer client (whose bookkeeping I do for the same fee.) He said he would like me to see some of his schedules, and I foolishly didn't get it at the time, but I now realise this was an indication that he thought the bookkeeping charge was too high.
He said he would get back to me, but I got his phone number and email address before he went.
Since then, I've emailed him to say I was keen to see the schedules he was going to send me. I haven't heard from him since.
I liked him as a person, and have already told him it could well be in his interests to go ltd.
How should I tackle him further to get him onside?
- AWEB---ITS TIME TO REVOKE LOGONS TO 92 2
- Transfer of Software to sister company 145 2
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 255 4
- get an accountant not an unqulified accounting clerk 196 8
- What rent was paid for income tax purposes? 93 1
- Who's going to the next Tick & Bash? 94 2
- A round of applause please for winner of BITCH OF THE 568 13
- CGT history of shares 196 4
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 156 5
- Client Entertainment to get new business or referral as opposed to say thanks 227 3
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 353 6
- CGT on sale of let property 141 2
- how do i get UTR 171 3
- Input VAT suffered in EU 103 2
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 256 3
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 164 1
- Your comments please 335 6
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 209 9
- CT600 deadline & shortened year end 148 2
- EIS 205 4
- Moving away from CCH software 974
- QROP pension input amounts 456
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 402
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 387
- fraud 309
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 288
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 249
- Construction CIS LLP Company 234
- EPS and CIS deductions 228
- Out of time or not? 215