How Do I Encourage Mr X to Sign Up?
2 weeks ago a charming Graphic Designer rang me, as a result of a referral from another charming client. He said he was a one man band, self employed and thought he was paying his current accountant too much. He might also be interested in passing on the bookkeeping to me. Tax return for 2012 has been filed and y/e is April.
Based on a brief discussion, I quoted him £700 for tax. It transpires he is paying £1,100 at present. He presents data on a spreadsheet to Accountant, who has not apparently raised any concerns.
Good, I thought. I then said from the few statistics he'd given to me about his bookkeeping, I could do this for £230 plus VAT a quarter fixed fee. His stats seemed remarkably similar to an existing Graphic Designer client (whose bookkeeping I do for the same fee.) He said he would like me to see some of his schedules, and I foolishly didn't get it at the time, but I now realise this was an indication that he thought the bookkeeping charge was too high.
He said he would get back to me, but I got his phone number and email address before he went.
Since then, I've emailed him to say I was keen to see the schedules he was going to send me. I haven't heard from him since.
I liked him as a person, and have already told him it could well be in his interests to go ltd.
How should I tackle him further to get him onside?
- Change to PAYE TAX CODE 186 7
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 186 8
- Parent and subsidiary... 125 4
- Clothing 539 15
- Anybody still doing returns? 773 32
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,224 17
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 357 16
- Designated sole Residence 160 2
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 732 15
- Anyone know what this is? 278 6
- HMRC filing meltdown? 917 27
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 538 7
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 278 9
- no utr 307 8
- client can't/won't pay 2,143 49
- Director drawings 612 32
- Tax Returns for non residents 300 2
- Investment properties/freehold land 94 1
- Capital Loss 142 3
- LLP formed in 2013 114 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 956
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 678
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 625
- Latest phishing scam 600
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 440
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 327
- Scratch Head 266
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 258
- Sabbatical payments 219
- Negligible Value Claim 199