How Do I Encourage Mr X to Sign Up?
2 weeks ago a charming Graphic Designer rang me, as a result of a referral from another charming client. He said he was a one man band, self employed and thought he was paying his current accountant too much. He might also be interested in passing on the bookkeeping to me. Tax return for 2012 has been filed and y/e is April.
Based on a brief discussion, I quoted him £700 for tax. It transpires he is paying £1,100 at present. He presents data on a spreadsheet to Accountant, who has not apparently raised any concerns.
Good, I thought. I then said from the few statistics he'd given to me about his bookkeeping, I could do this for £230 plus VAT a quarter fixed fee. His stats seemed remarkably similar to an existing Graphic Designer client (whose bookkeeping I do for the same fee.) He said he would like me to see some of his schedules, and I foolishly didn't get it at the time, but I now realise this was an indication that he thought the bookkeeping charge was too high.
He said he would get back to me, but I got his phone number and email address before he went.
Since then, I've emailed him to say I was keen to see the schedules he was going to send me. I haven't heard from him since.
I liked him as a person, and have already told him it could well be in his interests to go ltd.
How should I tackle him further to get him onside?
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,022 33
- vat return 245 3
- Flat rate vat 79 1
- Payroo Employer allowance query 167 5
- Value pricing 715 26
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 147 4
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 177 4
- Private residence relief with entrepreneur relief mix 284 4
- Reregister for VAT 131 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 197 6
- Weely paid employees 243 3
- Would this save hours of your time? 476 11
- Director's tax return 281 6
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 216 6
- Wrong career 479 18
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 288 7
- Laptop purchase 1,393 20
- PTP software disaster 281 2
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 234 2
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 103 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 798
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 550
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 416
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 294
- Free Tax Legislation? 266
- Director Loan account operation 245
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 240
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 238
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 230
- Paye procedures for CVA 159