How Do I Encourage Mr X to Sign Up?
2 weeks ago a charming Graphic Designer rang me, as a result of a referral from another charming client. He said he was a one man band, self employed and thought he was paying his current accountant too much. He might also be interested in passing on the bookkeeping to me. Tax return for 2012 has been filed and y/e is April.
Based on a brief discussion, I quoted him £700 for tax. It transpires he is paying £1,100 at present. He presents data on a spreadsheet to Accountant, who has not apparently raised any concerns.
Good, I thought. I then said from the few statistics he'd given to me about his bookkeeping, I could do this for £230 plus VAT a quarter fixed fee. His stats seemed remarkably similar to an existing Graphic Designer client (whose bookkeeping I do for the same fee.) He said he would like me to see some of his schedules, and I foolishly didn't get it at the time, but I now realise this was an indication that he thought the bookkeeping charge was too high.
He said he would get back to me, but I got his phone number and email address before he went.
Since then, I've emailed him to say I was keen to see the schedules he was going to send me. I haven't heard from him since.
I liked him as a person, and have already told him it could well be in his interests to go ltd.
How should I tackle him further to get him onside?
- Cash injection by shareholder 109 3
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 268 8
- PRR 239 12
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 202 4
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,100 55
- Is it more beneficial to be a Ltd company? 160 3
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,477 424
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 291 4
- corp tax software 347 7
- Pension Contributions Relief 439 14
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 465 7
- Which tax box 185 2
- How to change reconciliation status of bank account in Sage 50 120 3
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 241 3
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 209 6
- References for clients 208 2
- Sole Trader - Working from home claims 150 2
- incorrect PAYE statements 126 2
- What accounting software packages are best for restaurants? 316 7
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 150 5
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,297
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 462
- National Insurance 360
- Non Resident 279
- Franchise income and costs 255
- Hands on experience of Digita 209
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 168
- Employer's Helpline 159
- employment capital allowances 150
- CIS paid under reg 9 142