How do we make our catering business viable when the vat you pay Hmrc is so vast?
We have a catering franchise at a golf club and our 2nd vat 1/4 is upon us & vat will be due once again. Can anybody shed some light on how to make the ratio of payments to Hmrc versus what we can claim back more in our favour? Our last 1/4 we paid over £4k and could only claim back round £400.00!!!!
Surely this ratio is incorrect.?
Continually paying at this rate will seriously affect the viability of our business ?
Any help/ advise welcome.
- ACCA - still making me laugh 390 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 221 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 282 11
- Tax return software for remote working 431 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 449 9
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 770 24
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 390 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 431 9
- How to purchase business premises? 113 2
- Will I need to resign? 776 10
- Childcare vouchers 124 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 262 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 292 6
- VAT avoidance? 198 4
- Can S455 tax repaid 170 3
- PAYE coding out 158 3
- Follower cases 568 2
- LIVE chat, starting now 449 2
- Late Registration for VAT 448 12
- TheTax Donut 1,140 1
- Hive up 466
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 431
- corporate hierarchy 413
- Advice - 240
- Amortisation of Goodwill 211
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 196
- WWOOFers 191
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 171
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 171
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 167