How do we make our catering business viable when the vat you pay Hmrc is so vast?
We have a catering franchise at a golf club and our 2nd vat 1/4 is upon us & vat will be due once again. Can anybody shed some light on how to make the ratio of payments to Hmrc versus what we can claim back more in our favour? Our last 1/4 we paid over £4k and could only claim back round £400.00!!!!
Surely this ratio is incorrect.?
Continually paying at this rate will seriously affect the viability of our business ?
Any help/ advise welcome.
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 183 6
- Director - earning less than £8500 and no taxable benefits - PllD? 26 1
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 567 12
- Scams are not always obvious 2,232 36
- New ACCOUNTINGQUESTIONS website launching 185 3
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,454 21
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 160 2
- What do you all do in your spare time? 821 33
- VAT flat rate scheme 62 1
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 277 4
- Need some help on importing procedures and VAT 77 1
- JUDGE FRAUD ALERT 184 2
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 2,066 19
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 396 6
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 139 1
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 206 3
- FPS or EPS 154 2
- Continuity of Practice 208 2
- IRIS Professional Yearend 134 2
- Letting Agents - requirement for audit of clients accounts 316 10
- Moving away from CCH software 951
- QROP pension input amounts 438
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 380
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 355
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 323
- fraud 283
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 255
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 225
- Construction CIS LLP Company 210
- EPS and CIS deductions 197