How do we make our catering business viable when the vat you pay Hmrc is so vast?
We have a catering franchise at a golf club and our 2nd vat 1/4 is upon us & vat will be due once again. Can anybody shed some light on how to make the ratio of payments to Hmrc versus what we can claim back more in our favour? Our last 1/4 we paid over £4k and could only claim back round £400.00!!!!
Surely this ratio is incorrect.?
Continually paying at this rate will seriously affect the viability of our business ?
Any help/ advise welcome.
- Company limited by guarantee having only 1 member 109 3
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 465 5
- flat rate scheme 136 3
- capital allowances - Demolition of a building 162 2
- Limited by Guarantee - Members 74 1
- VAT refund 312 3
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,283 37
- Turnover on a tax return 546 12
- incorrect old p60 563 15
- Company to buy shareholder land 117 4
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 182 1
- Posting Corp Tax to Sage Line 50 151 1
- Special dividends & CGT 203 1
- Director's Earnings when Drawing from Goodwill profit from Sole Trading Company sale to Ltd Company 192 1
- Networking 365 5
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 278 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 305 4
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 337 5
- Professional coaching claimable? 295 2
- IT Contractor 286 1