How do we make our catering business viable when the vat you pay Hmrc is so vast?
We have a catering franchise at a golf club and our 2nd vat 1/4 is upon us & vat will be due once again. Can anybody shed some light on how to make the ratio of payments to Hmrc versus what we can claim back more in our favour? Our last 1/4 we paid over £4k and could only claim back round £400.00!!!!
Surely this ratio is incorrect.?
Continually paying at this rate will seriously affect the viability of our business ?
Any help/ advise welcome.
- Enforcing A CCJ 299 7
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 115 4
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 300 6
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 151 2
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 270 5
- Comapny valuation qualifications 107 2
- Director's tax return 359 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 163 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,095 34
- Flat rate vat 191 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 181 5
- Coming in from the cold 348 3
- Splitting the tax year 169 2
- P11d & Medical Ins 206 2
- Should design costs be capitalised? 172 4
- Submitting tax return 184 1
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 266 8
- Sage Payroll 319 11
- Payroo Employer allowance query 212 6
- vat return 270 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 805
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 557
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 426
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 306
- Free Tax Legislation? 275
- Director Loan account operation 260
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 253
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 248
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 232
- Paye procedures for CVA 170