How do we make our catering business viable when the vat you pay Hmrc is so vast?
We have a catering franchise at a golf club and our 2nd vat 1/4 is upon us & vat will be due once again. Can anybody shed some light on how to make the ratio of payments to Hmrc versus what we can claim back more in our favour? Our last 1/4 we paid over £4k and could only claim back round £400.00!!!!
Surely this ratio is incorrect.?
Continually paying at this rate will seriously affect the viability of our business ?
Any help/ advise welcome.
- Seeking advice: Director's claim to money 168 7
- Identify cost savings 196 6
- Companies Made Simple - I guess they don't want our business any more 424 7
- HMRC AND BAD ORGANIZATION 98 2
- Capital gains tax and PPR 94 1
- Jobs after completing ACCA 122 2
- First director's salary payment 3 months after ltd company formation 584 11
- are these allowable deductions? 115 1
- Just another average day trying to deal with HMRC 1,650 20
- Laptop help needed I bought the wrong operating system 564 12
- Option To Tax - VAT on residential sales? 78 1
- SEIS: is it ok for co to spend money before the shares are issued? 133 3
- Can Guernsey company have same name as mine 417 7
- Schedule A losses 150 1
- Member meet up 1 October in London 309 7
- Only pref shares. Does it matter 193 5
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 831 1
- Fees 789 8
- P11D & tax return 286 10
- Freelance/Employee 929 22
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 438
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 391
- Electric Car 333
- S222 Charge 269
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 241
- AIA 215
- IP trans to holding company 209
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 204
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 170
- Career advice needed regarding accouting systems analysis 157