How do we make our catering business viable when the vat you pay Hmrc is so vast?
We have a catering franchise at a golf club and our 2nd vat 1/4 is upon us & vat will be due once again. Can anybody shed some light on how to make the ratio of payments to Hmrc versus what we can claim back more in our favour? Our last 1/4 we paid over £4k and could only claim back round £400.00!!!!
Surely this ratio is incorrect.?
Continually paying at this rate will seriously affect the viability of our business ?
Any help/ advise welcome.
- Can shareholders lend to their company at interest? 359 10
- Mortgage Adviser's request 162 4
- CGT on spouse's death 87 1
- Tax relief for networking day out? 393 8
- Payroll software 173 4
- Company UTR numbers 290 6
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 645 30
- Starting Again 123 1
- Summer house for business only 82 1
- Transfer of property to Limited Company 97 1
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 557 18
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 133 3
- Tax implication giving money to friend (not family) 126 3
- How do you count your clients 399 4
- Contractor & possible IR35 152 1
- GASDS What's the rule? 112 1
- Proposal to strike off...... 468 9
- Property Expenses 121 3
- Accrued salary unpaid 168 3
- Calling my southern Brothers. 742 15
- Construction CIS LLP Company 591
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 578
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 375
- Pensions Regulator 345
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 279
- Government Gateway - VAT 274
- Using the correct forms 261
- SA penalty proposals 244
- RTI - duplicate employee record 234
- Accelerated payment notices 227