How do we make our catering business viable when the vat you pay Hmrc is so vast?
We have a catering franchise at a golf club and our 2nd vat 1/4 is upon us & vat will be due once again. Can anybody shed some light on how to make the ratio of payments to Hmrc versus what we can claim back more in our favour? Our last 1/4 we paid over £4k and could only claim back round £400.00!!!!
Surely this ratio is incorrect.?
Continually paying at this rate will seriously affect the viability of our business ?
Any help/ advise welcome.
- What expenses to claim for painter/decorator working from home base 44 1
- ICAS GPPM 77 1
- PPR for non-residents after 05 Apr 2015 117 2
- Payroll 242 7
- Buying fees 682 5
- IHT Query 443 11
- Audit and paypal balances 178 7
- Missing C79 158 5
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 489 16
- VAT margin scheme 273 14
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 309 8
- How to walk away without questions 2,733 17
- Takeover of Annual PAYE scheme 134 2
- Get it off your chest 253 4
- Directors bonus 158 2
- Auto Enrolment specialist service provider 113 1
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 285 3
- HMRC Unpaid Debt Collector 279 5
- do you receive fewer phone calls than some years back because of emails 184 3
- break even point 1,123 33
- Possible Partnership? 561
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 554
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 482
- New Fangled Penalties 356
- Clubs and Taxable Income 295
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 279
- Loans to other companies 222
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 214
- Outsource Data Entry 182
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 180