How do we make our catering business viable when the vat you pay Hmrc is so vast?
We have a catering franchise at a golf club and our 2nd vat 1/4 is upon us & vat will be due once again. Can anybody shed some light on how to make the ratio of payments to Hmrc versus what we can claim back more in our favour? Our last 1/4 we paid over £4k and could only claim back round £400.00!!!!
Surely this ratio is incorrect.?
Continually paying at this rate will seriously affect the viability of our business ?
Any help/ advise welcome.
- Giving a seminar 534 29
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 199 1
- Tax deductable portion of home rental cost 193 9
- JIEB Exams 133 1
- RTI 90 1
- Christmas party 107 1
- Am i Liable? 115 4
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 739 10
- Checking a contract 294 8
- Flat Rate Scheme 311 15
- Altered PAYE cheque 230 5
- deleting customers on Sage 50 161 7
- VAT on garage rent 325 14
- Value-shifting 68 1
- Pattern for CTA 208 4
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 452 18
- SDLT exemptions/reliefs 84 2
- Incorrect Accounts. Is it worth taking action against the old accountant? 236 3
- Film Partnership Enquiries - am I just unlucky? 244 5
- EBT 180 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,213
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 608
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 407
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 315
- Agent fees to sell business 190
- Alphabet shares 190
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 182
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 176
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 164
- Office recharges 148