How do we make our catering business viable when the vat you pay Hmrc is so vast?
We have a catering franchise at a golf club and our 2nd vat 1/4 is upon us & vat will be due once again. Can anybody shed some light on how to make the ratio of payments to Hmrc versus what we can claim back more in our favour? Our last 1/4 we paid over £4k and could only claim back round £400.00!!!!
Surely this ratio is incorrect.?
Continually paying at this rate will seriously affect the viability of our business ?
Any help/ advise welcome.
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 206 7
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 413 15
- Dress code 75 3
- directors control and tax problems 129 4
- Bulk Invoicing 164 6
- What would you do in this situation? 515 12
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 140 3
- Help Required 294 6
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 230 2
- What's in a name ? 264 4
- ATED Penalties 268 1
- late second payment on account 163 2
- US royalties 91 2
- Project being run jointly 134 2
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 180 2
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 202 3
- Sole trader mix up 300 4
- Vat on 'pig slurry' - palatable subject I know! 751 6
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 903 27
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 212 4
- CTA study material 701
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 424
- Employment related securities question 266
- AIM Stocks and IHT 245
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 199
- Trust for Employee 186
- Expat pension contributions? 186
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 170
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 157
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax consultancy 2014 121