How do we make our catering business viable when the vat you pay Hmrc is so vast?
We have a catering franchise at a golf club and our 2nd vat 1/4 is upon us & vat will be due once again. Can anybody shed some light on how to make the ratio of payments to Hmrc versus what we can claim back more in our favour? Our last 1/4 we paid over £4k and could only claim back round £400.00!!!!
Surely this ratio is incorrect.?
Continually paying at this rate will seriously affect the viability of our business ?
Any help/ advise welcome.
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,478 41
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 141 3
- Directors Remunerations and Employees on CT600 89 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 262 1
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 233 3
- Practice management - that old chestnut....... 1,233 19
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 365 6
- Go Cardless 383 10
- Self assessment tax arrears 328 3
- Mehjoo 334 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 150 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 407 5
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 199 4
- SA302 345 7
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 296 13
- Bringing money to Uk 300 4
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 219 4
- Hmrc software 262 3
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 198 1
- Hosted email exchange 192 5
- Xtuple 522
- Qtac payroll for bureau 357
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 300
- Industrial & Provident Societies 294
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 238
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 216
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 211
- Domain name sale and limited company 182
- CIS schemes 179
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 155