How do we make our catering business viable when the vat you pay Hmrc is so vast?
We have a catering franchise at a golf club and our 2nd vat 1/4 is upon us & vat will be due once again. Can anybody shed some light on how to make the ratio of payments to Hmrc versus what we can claim back more in our favour? Our last 1/4 we paid over £4k and could only claim back round £400.00!!!!
Surely this ratio is incorrect.?
Continually paying at this rate will seriously affect the viability of our business ?
Any help/ advise welcome.
- Assets requested back from supplier ? 292 4
- What is your favourite font? 374 11
- Opening Balances with very little info... 75 1
- CGT on Let Property 352 7
- When to register or not for PAYE 302 4
- Strike off 223 7
- Franchise affiliations 113 1
- Company investment 160 4
- Disclosure of 2014 corporation tax refund in 2015 accounts 92 1
- Gift to son by parents 347 3
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 1,201 35
- How to find difference in Sage bank rec 161 4
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 460 7
- New CASC rules 159 2
- Autoenrolment and variable earnings 275 2
- CIS subcontractor's invoice on QuickFile 150 4
- Treatment of private ambulances on introduction to business 256 6
- valuation of vehicles 534 20
- Settlements Legislation - Adult Children as shareholders 134 1
- RTI Mess 611 10
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 341
- Any thoughts on Capium? 294
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 272
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 255
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 241
- auto enrolment 218
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 198
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 192
- How to account for investment in JV? 176
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 168