How do we make our catering business viable when the vat you pay Hmrc is so vast?
We have a catering franchise at a golf club and our 2nd vat 1/4 is upon us & vat will be due once again. Can anybody shed some light on how to make the ratio of payments to Hmrc versus what we can claim back more in our favour? Our last 1/4 we paid over £4k and could only claim back round £400.00!!!!
Surely this ratio is incorrect.?
Continually paying at this rate will seriously affect the viability of our business ?
Any help/ advise welcome.
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,078 20
- QBO VAT box 2 and 4 116 1
- VAT - Check on clients business 595 25
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 106 1
- Amend a 2010/11 return 102 1
- Advanced SMP, but employee returns to work early 157 1
- How to deal with prior year error 153 2
- Repaying Directors Loans within 9 months 526 19
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,338 33
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,048 20
- Tax Calculations 657 10
- Tax Fines - HMRC 405 4
- Exemption from CGT 231 2
- VAT Registration 240 3
- Digita Users - Can you please confirm? 467 14
- Autumn statement predictions 434 8
- ACCA Practising Certificate Holder 336 4
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 187 3
- Moneysoft error 436 7
- Repaying Directors loan by transferring an asset 649 26