How do we make our catering business viable when the vat you pay Hmrc is so vast?
We have a catering franchise at a golf club and our 2nd vat 1/4 is upon us & vat will be due once again. Can anybody shed some light on how to make the ratio of payments to Hmrc versus what we can claim back more in our favour? Our last 1/4 we paid over £4k and could only claim back round £400.00!!!!
Surely this ratio is incorrect.?
Continually paying at this rate will seriously affect the viability of our business ?
Any help/ advise welcome.
- Any Scottish members out there? 5,937 208
- Trademark Fun 103 5
- What's your best practice shortcut or 'hack'? 1,461 38
- Can I strike off a company by filing DS01 online? 129 2
- VAT Fuel Scale Charge for Fuel on Private/Personal Car 161 3
- Subsistence - god I hate it! 635 14
- How to issue a loan correctly? 181 2
- Would Director's dividends on non-voting C shares risk being classed as "earnings" for NIC purposes? 156 1
- Recycle old study books 352 9
- Share for share exchange 141 3
- Wind turbines 135 1
- Looking for a qualified accountant 509 2
- Locum Doctor claiming costs for Home Office 185 2
- FL Memo - Any Good 404 7
- VAT claim 354 6
- How to reclaim input tax from mixed use redevelopment? 163 6
- Am I allowed Rent A Room Relief? 402 9
- State Pension 1,212 10
- Late Corporation tax return 355 7
- The iIns and outs of VAT 378 6
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,057
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 339
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 287
- National Insurance 241
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 222
- Joint construction arrangement CIS and VAT 221
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 206
- Payments on account coded out?? 201
- Non Resident 159
- Franchise income and costs 141