How do we make our catering business viable when the vat you pay Hmrc is so vast?
We have a catering franchise at a golf club and our 2nd vat 1/4 is upon us & vat will be due once again. Can anybody shed some light on how to make the ratio of payments to Hmrc versus what we can claim back more in our favour? Our last 1/4 we paid over £4k and could only claim back round £400.00!!!!
Surely this ratio is incorrect.?
Continually paying at this rate will seriously affect the viability of our business ?
Any help/ advise welcome.
- Bookkeping software 670 7
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 418 9
- Goods Purchased for Rental 86 2
- are receipts needed? 551 15
- Clogged Losses 262 5
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 266 11
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 205 2
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 248 9
- Buy to let and capitak gain 59 1
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 639 10
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 299 7
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 247 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 104 1
- General tax book with planning 232 5
- Anybody heard of Geniac, the new De Lorean? 173 3
- tax on apprenticeship income 194 1
- Gift of property & improvements 153 3
- VAT Invoice 210 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 281 5
- Error in past Corporate tax return 384 6
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 905
- International interest certificate 516
- NOVA 369
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 313
- Management expenses for investment company 272
- Bonus Bonds 263
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 178
- P11D benefit received by widow 154
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 147
- Filing past due corporation tax returns 146