How do we make our catering business viable when the vat you pay Hmrc is so vast?
We have a catering franchise at a golf club and our 2nd vat 1/4 is upon us & vat will be due once again. Can anybody shed some light on how to make the ratio of payments to Hmrc versus what we can claim back more in our favour? Our last 1/4 we paid over £4k and could only claim back round £400.00!!!!
Surely this ratio is incorrect.?
Continually paying at this rate will seriously affect the viability of our business ?
Any help/ advise welcome.
- is my company accounts right? 773 21
- Corporate shareholder question 185 3
- Dissolving company to avoid CCJ 250 4
- What can my client claim r & d on? 75 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,002 28
- Rental property: expenses when up for sale and not let 389 9
- CGT 16 1
- Class 2 National Insurance contributions 368 6
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 82 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,502 55
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,554 21
- Gong round in Circles with CT600 114 1
- P11D Dispensation 98 1
- I have missing sales invoices 379 5
- Invoice Help 376 10
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 271 8
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 374 5
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 1,022 19
- Errors in prior year accounts 1,062 26
- Directors Subsistence 229 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 556
- Cancelled 320
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 318
- Cancelled 268
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 225
- Married woman dies owning marital home 219
- Probiz 212
- What's the market like for temps? 201
- CIS Deductions 170
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 160