How do we make our catering business viable when the vat you pay Hmrc is so vast?
We have a catering franchise at a golf club and our 2nd vat 1/4 is upon us & vat will be due once again. Can anybody shed some light on how to make the ratio of payments to Hmrc versus what we can claim back more in our favour? Our last 1/4 we paid over £4k and could only claim back round £400.00!!!!
Surely this ratio is incorrect.?
Continually paying at this rate will seriously affect the viability of our business ?
Any help/ advise welcome.
- husband and wife dividends 285 7
- late vat registration and immediate deregistration 62 2
- LLP members share of profits 494 29
- VAT Option to tax 386 11
- Has anyone knowledge of Creditserve 48 1
- HMRC request for Sage Back Up 2,103 24
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 1,855 15
- Entrepreneurs Relief 143 4
- PPR qualifying period while living in employer accommodation? 91 2
- Business travel apps 107 3
- How often can you change VAT scheme in a year? 69 2
- Value pricing 2,436 99
- Secondment expenses 85 3
- recovery of S455 on informal winding 282 4
- BEST CPD COURSE 137 2
- Late P800 demand shows later year? 307 17
- VAT BOX 6 & 7 errors 120 5
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 359 2
- Sage payroll 659 14
- Client has been fined by HMRC 846 18
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 895
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 628
- Free Tax Legislation? 389
- Director Loan account operation 384
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 310
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 309
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 281
- Paye procedures for CVA 213
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 212
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 173