How do we make our catering business viable when the vat you pay Hmrc is so vast?
We have a catering franchise at a golf club and our 2nd vat 1/4 is upon us & vat will be due once again. Can anybody shed some light on how to make the ratio of payments to Hmrc versus what we can claim back more in our favour? Our last 1/4 we paid over £4k and could only claim back round £400.00!!!!
Surely this ratio is incorrect.?
Continually paying at this rate will seriously affect the viability of our business ?
Any help/ advise welcome.
- Childcare voucher schemes 110 7
- Clothing 105 4
- VAT registration transfer 138 3
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 554 30
- Sponsorship & VAT 72 1
- CT/CO'S HOUSE DATES ALLIGNMENT 65 2
- Director drawings 366 31
- IRIS opentax login problems?! 318 3
- Online Payroll with Auto Enrolment 76 1
- HMRC SA302s 190 3
- What does the "K" signify 414 7
- Director or self-employed 114 1
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 123 3
- Reporting foreign income in Self-Assessment Tax Return 131 3
- What sectors to target? 187 7
- Adding employers clients on LinkedIn 113 2
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 241 11
- Charitable Company's Accounts 96 2
- client can't/won't pay 1,870 40
- Interest Relief 169 5
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 902
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 606
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 574
- Latest phishing scam 528
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 373
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 341
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 279
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 197
- Capital allowances in first basis period 184
- Sabbatical payments 172