How do you arrange Partnership Agreements?
I've obtained a client who has no Partnership agreement in place. As a tax avoidance measure, with some good commercial reasoning to boot, it has been proposed to admit several long-term employees into Partnership.
The current Partnership has no agreement. The intention is to have a two tiered system whereby the current Partners are "Senior" and entitled to a higher profit share than the new "Standard" Partners. It is also intended to have allotted "Salary" rates for each Partner based on hours work with residual profits in a profit share arrangement.
The Senior Partners have power to vote (jointly) to remove any Standard Partner.
My first suggestion was to use a law firm so as to absolve us of responsibility.
I guess I have two questions:
- Does anyone else generate Partnership agreements in-house without a qualified Solicitor?
- What would be your expectation of costs to implement the above agreement using a Solicitor?
I have no issue drafting it personally. However my only concerns are whether I can provide "due care and attention" without the legal basis and what our insurers may think!
- Laptop help needed I bought the wrong operating system 89 3
- HMRC Post 661 10
- Star v Sage for bureau payroll work 38 2
- www.pool.adzio 255 4
- Losses carry forward to self employed 309 6
- First director's salary payment 3 months after ltd company formation 358 6
- The Higgs Decision 410 5
- Selling Business 80 1
- Freelance/Employee 747 18
- FHL - hedge purchase 168 2
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 595 20
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,843 20
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 346 4
- Fees 569 6
- Time to ditch Sage? 513 8
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 467 8
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 314 3
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,922 43
- Agent Authorisation Issue 306 3
- Transactions with directors 497 3
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 772
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 421
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 371
- Electric Car 305
- S222 Charge 256
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 220
- IP trans to holding company 198
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 192
- AIA 190
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 185