How do you arrange Partnership Agreements?
I've obtained a client who has no Partnership agreement in place. As a tax avoidance measure, with some good commercial reasoning to boot, it has been proposed to admit several long-term employees into Partnership.
The current Partnership has no agreement. The intention is to have a two tiered system whereby the current Partners are "Senior" and entitled to a higher profit share than the new "Standard" Partners. It is also intended to have allotted "Salary" rates for each Partner based on hours work with residual profits in a profit share arrangement.
The Senior Partners have power to vote (jointly) to remove any Standard Partner.
My first suggestion was to use a law firm so as to absolve us of responsibility.
I guess I have two questions:
- Does anyone else generate Partnership agreements in-house without a qualified Solicitor?
- What would be your expectation of costs to implement the above agreement using a Solicitor?
I have no issue drafting it personally. However my only concerns are whether I can provide "due care and attention" without the legal basis and what our insurers may think!
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 165 12
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 106 2
- You know its over 207 3
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 114 3
- Cocaine anyone? 444 8
- Late Registration for VAT 468 13
- EIS/SEIS 129 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 256 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 396 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 389 12
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 659 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 526 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 552 4
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 98 1
- Personal pension 390 9
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 213 1
- How much of your work is admin? 1,196 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 895 27
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 132 3
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,510 22
- Hive up 480
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 445
- corporate hierarchy 427
- Advice - 263
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 217
- WWOOFers 212
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 200
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 190
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 169
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 166