How do you arrange Partnership Agreements?
I've obtained a client who has no Partnership agreement in place. As a tax avoidance measure, with some good commercial reasoning to boot, it has been proposed to admit several long-term employees into Partnership.
The current Partnership has no agreement. The intention is to have a two tiered system whereby the current Partners are "Senior" and entitled to a higher profit share than the new "Standard" Partners. It is also intended to have allotted "Salary" rates for each Partner based on hours work with residual profits in a profit share arrangement.
The Senior Partners have power to vote (jointly) to remove any Standard Partner.
My first suggestion was to use a law firm so as to absolve us of responsibility.
I guess I have two questions:
- Does anyone else generate Partnership agreements in-house without a qualified Solicitor?
- What would be your expectation of costs to implement the above agreement using a Solicitor?
I have no issue drafting it personally. However my only concerns are whether I can provide "due care and attention" without the legal basis and what our insurers may think!
- Your fondest calculator memories 482 26
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 384 11
- Has been asked before but help needed 160 7
- Anyone having problems with IRIS OpenSpace? 178 6
- Buy to let allowable interest 33 1
- Is a Mercedes Vito a van for tax purposes? 282 4
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 389 5
- Can't understand my own electricity / gas bills 308 13
- Consequential loss claim 45 1
- Does Freeholder have to be director of our RTM Company? 177 11
- private to company car? 94 2
- Does anyone do payrolling of benefits? 121 1
- Sub-contractor provided with a vehicle 224 8
- Sale of an investment between group companies 103 4
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 859 32
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 395 12
- RTI - EPS - ??? 263 4
- That old chestnut 603 9
- Sale of part of business & Entrepreneur's Relief 71 1
- Partner with an IVA 117 4
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 443
- CTA study material 409
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 298
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 271
- Pre incorp expenses 264
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 233
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 227
- Slight twist on employment related securities 202
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 173
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 170