How do you arrange Partnership Agreements?
I've obtained a client who has no Partnership agreement in place. As a tax avoidance measure, with some good commercial reasoning to boot, it has been proposed to admit several long-term employees into Partnership.
The current Partnership has no agreement. The intention is to have a two tiered system whereby the current Partners are "Senior" and entitled to a higher profit share than the new "Standard" Partners. It is also intended to have allotted "Salary" rates for each Partner based on hours work with residual profits in a profit share arrangement.
The Senior Partners have power to vote (jointly) to remove any Standard Partner.
My first suggestion was to use a law firm so as to absolve us of responsibility.
I guess I have two questions:
- Does anyone else generate Partnership agreements in-house without a qualified Solicitor?
- What would be your expectation of costs to implement the above agreement using a Solicitor?
I have no issue drafting it personally. However my only concerns are whether I can provide "due care and attention" without the legal basis and what our insurers may think!
- Payroll error by client on Moneysoft 126 5
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,228 20
- Lease 60 2
- Thin Client recomendation 173 3
- Mileage allowance payment via payroll 169 5
- Digita Hosted Software 375 2
- VAT Office Grimsby 106 2
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 362 8
- Stock Valuation when a partner dies 92 2
- format cell to exclude decimals 281 15
- Inheritance Tax and the 7 Year rule for property as a gift 114 2
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 1,262 15
- Homing sandwiches 830 19
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 240 2
- SUSPECTED OR INVALID BENEFIT FRAUD 219 2
- Client needs a UK tax residency certificate for Spanish tax authorities 100 2
- IT advisory questions? 409 11
- Direct debit entry query 155 4
- Moneysoft and People's Pension 803 12
- Can you help me spot errors? 236 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,295
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 847
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 537
- Credit where credit's due....... 331
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 251
- TheTax Donut 216
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 179
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 165
- Director's business mileage 142
- Sole trader CPD 137