How do you arrange Partnership Agreements?
I've obtained a client who has no Partnership agreement in place. As a tax avoidance measure, with some good commercial reasoning to boot, it has been proposed to admit several long-term employees into Partnership.
The current Partnership has no agreement. The intention is to have a two tiered system whereby the current Partners are "Senior" and entitled to a higher profit share than the new "Standard" Partners. It is also intended to have allotted "Salary" rates for each Partner based on hours work with residual profits in a profit share arrangement.
The Senior Partners have power to vote (jointly) to remove any Standard Partner.
My first suggestion was to use a law firm so as to absolve us of responsibility.
I guess I have two questions:
- Does anyone else generate Partnership agreements in-house without a qualified Solicitor?
- What would be your expectation of costs to implement the above agreement using a Solicitor?
I have no issue drafting it personally. However my only concerns are whether I can provide "due care and attention" without the legal basis and what our insurers may think!
- Where has Portia gone? 5,050 110
- Help 163 10
- Dividends from UK plc - tax years and dates 90 2
- What do people do with signed accounts/engagement letters/tax returns? 218 9
- Overlap profit 294 7
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 319 6
- RTI Payroll ID 2,064 25
- What is the correct Vat treatment and rate to use to record a business stay in a hotel in the EU? 132 1
- Payments on account 187 2
- Recurring Revenue/Costs occurred before registering, how do I handle this? 83 1
- What do your junior staff do? 524 7
- OMG HMRC !!!! Employ some ppl!! 654 12
- Keeping disastrous accounts 415 5
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 537 10
- VAT Exemptions for Dance Education 132 1
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,942 74
- In pratice using part time accountants 355 3
- On the high seas 115 1
- Entrepreneurs Relief Shares Received as Part of Divorce Settlement 149 2
- Spousal transfer and PPR 859 34
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 853
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 445
- Sanzar 342
- How do you do it 337
- Digital marketing focus group 313
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 296
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 210
- Fit for purpose 203
- new investor structure 200
- VAT Registration 181