How do you arrange Partnership Agreements?
I've obtained a client who has no Partnership agreement in place. As a tax avoidance measure, with some good commercial reasoning to boot, it has been proposed to admit several long-term employees into Partnership.
The current Partnership has no agreement. The intention is to have a two tiered system whereby the current Partners are "Senior" and entitled to a higher profit share than the new "Standard" Partners. It is also intended to have allotted "Salary" rates for each Partner based on hours work with residual profits in a profit share arrangement.
The Senior Partners have power to vote (jointly) to remove any Standard Partner.
My first suggestion was to use a law firm so as to absolve us of responsibility.
I guess I have two questions:
- Does anyone else generate Partnership agreements in-house without a qualified Solicitor?
- What would be your expectation of costs to implement the above agreement using a Solicitor?
I have no issue drafting it personally. However my only concerns are whether I can provide "due care and attention" without the legal basis and what our insurers may think!
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 167 4
- Is it more beneficial to be a Ltd company? 139 2
- Cash injection by shareholder 44 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,454 424
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 256 7
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 280 4
- PRR 195 11
- corp tax software 338 7
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,078 54
- Pension Contributions Relief 436 14
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 456 7
- Which tax box 177 2
- How to change reconciliation status of bank account in Sage 50 100 3
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 219 3
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 201 6
- References for clients 191 2
- Sole Trader - Working from home claims 141 2
- incorrect PAYE statements 104 2
- What accounting software packages are best for restaurants? 313 7
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 132 5
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,296
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 460
- National Insurance 358
- Non Resident 275
- Franchise income and costs 252
- Hands on experience of Digita 208
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 166
- Employer's Helpline 158
- employment capital allowances 150
- CIS paid under reg 9 135