How do you arrange Partnership Agreements?
I've obtained a client who has no Partnership agreement in place. As a tax avoidance measure, with some good commercial reasoning to boot, it has been proposed to admit several long-term employees into Partnership.
The current Partnership has no agreement. The intention is to have a two tiered system whereby the current Partners are "Senior" and entitled to a higher profit share than the new "Standard" Partners. It is also intended to have allotted "Salary" rates for each Partner based on hours work with residual profits in a profit share arrangement.
The Senior Partners have power to vote (jointly) to remove any Standard Partner.
My first suggestion was to use a law firm so as to absolve us of responsibility.
I guess I have two questions:
- Does anyone else generate Partnership agreements in-house without a qualified Solicitor?
- What would be your expectation of costs to implement the above agreement using a Solicitor?
I have no issue drafting it personally. However my only concerns are whether I can provide "due care and attention" without the legal basis and what our insurers may think!
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 383 5
- See you all on the other side 576 6
- 12Pay 291 2
- dividends 376 2
- R&D 221 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,088 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 375 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 282 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 242 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 470 5
- Seeking a tax case 515 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 375 4
- Companies house strike off 350 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 274 2
- Moving to the cloud 682 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 191 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 820 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 180 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,050 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 424 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 536
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 406
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 359
- IRIS and FRS 102 341
- Capitalising Finance Lease 303
- USA help 299
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 271
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 261
- Capital gains on rental property 244
- Sage Coretime 225