How do you arrange Partnership Agreements?
I've obtained a client who has no Partnership agreement in place. As a tax avoidance measure, with some good commercial reasoning to boot, it has been proposed to admit several long-term employees into Partnership.
The current Partnership has no agreement. The intention is to have a two tiered system whereby the current Partners are "Senior" and entitled to a higher profit share than the new "Standard" Partners. It is also intended to have allotted "Salary" rates for each Partner based on hours work with residual profits in a profit share arrangement.
The Senior Partners have power to vote (jointly) to remove any Standard Partner.
My first suggestion was to use a law firm so as to absolve us of responsibility.
I guess I have two questions:
- Does anyone else generate Partnership agreements in-house without a qualified Solicitor?
- What would be your expectation of costs to implement the above agreement using a Solicitor?
I have no issue drafting it personally. However my only concerns are whether I can provide "due care and attention" without the legal basis and what our insurers may think!
- Tax question about small group and how to set up 177 7
- cost of moving out for a few weeks 194 7
- Accounting Practice acting as an employment agency 133 6
- Dividend in specie 75 2
- Investor exit 95 2
- Instant CPD offer 77 1
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 83 2
- Withholding Tax - Invoicing Ecuador 151 4
- OBK 519 16
- Flat Rate Scheme - Joining date 72 1
- Auto-Enrolment 3,685 175
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,736 26
- Sage error message 141 2
- Partially exempt? 165 5
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 505 5
- Mileage claim 245 9
- Proof of Delivery 249 8
- What is 'an asset' for A/A+B CGT? 108 4
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 528 1
- Difference of Sales Invoices and Bank receipts for Sales 349 8
- Skandia using wrong address 461
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 269
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 260
- Employee rewards 254
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 216
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 207
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 206
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 190
- Etax Australian 163
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 150