How do you arrange Partnership Agreements?
I've obtained a client who has no Partnership agreement in place. As a tax avoidance measure, with some good commercial reasoning to boot, it has been proposed to admit several long-term employees into Partnership.
The current Partnership has no agreement. The intention is to have a two tiered system whereby the current Partners are "Senior" and entitled to a higher profit share than the new "Standard" Partners. It is also intended to have allotted "Salary" rates for each Partner based on hours work with residual profits in a profit share arrangement.
The Senior Partners have power to vote (jointly) to remove any Standard Partner.
My first suggestion was to use a law firm so as to absolve us of responsibility.
I guess I have two questions:
- Does anyone else generate Partnership agreements in-house without a qualified Solicitor?
- What would be your expectation of costs to implement the above agreement using a Solicitor?
I have no issue drafting it personally. However my only concerns are whether I can provide "due care and attention" without the legal basis and what our insurers may think!
- Group Audit Thresholds 330 10
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 201 6
- One off meeting new client 1,641 16
- Legal title not in the company name 726 22
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,152 63
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 222 3
- inheritance tax 312 10
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 511 4
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 170 3
- NALS Accountants Report 335 5
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,223 44
- Farm barn lettings 214 4
- Are Locum Optician Travel Costs Allowable? 287 4
- Deduction from Salary 602 14
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 188 5
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 286 7
- Sole properietor 406 7
- Splitting hairs with a national firm 1,564 12
- Pay in Lieu of notice 285 6
- Doctor and Locum Work 231 3
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 638
- Cancelled 391
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 352
- Cancelled 333
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 304
- Probiz 296
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 274
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 253
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 221
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 196