How do you arrange Partnership Agreements?
I've obtained a client who has no Partnership agreement in place. As a tax avoidance measure, with some good commercial reasoning to boot, it has been proposed to admit several long-term employees into Partnership.
The current Partnership has no agreement. The intention is to have a two tiered system whereby the current Partners are "Senior" and entitled to a higher profit share than the new "Standard" Partners. It is also intended to have allotted "Salary" rates for each Partner based on hours work with residual profits in a profit share arrangement.
The Senior Partners have power to vote (jointly) to remove any Standard Partner.
My first suggestion was to use a law firm so as to absolve us of responsibility.
I guess I have two questions:
- Does anyone else generate Partnership agreements in-house without a qualified Solicitor?
- What would be your expectation of costs to implement the above agreement using a Solicitor?
I have no issue drafting it personally. However my only concerns are whether I can provide "due care and attention" without the legal basis and what our insurers may think!
- Opening balances Sage 50 8 1
- Flat rate vat 306 4
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 230 6
- Rental property company 171 2
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 161 2
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 410 12
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 450 9
- Starting up in practice - safety net 364 8
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,469 27
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,195 35
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 390 11
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 304 4
- Payroo Employer allowance query 282 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 402 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 216 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 216 2
- Comapny valuation qualifications 164 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 545 5
- Director's tax return 426 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 200 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 832
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 575
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 448
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 323
- Free Tax Legislation? 301
- Director Loan account operation 283
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 269
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 262
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 244
- Paye procedures for CVA 183