How do you arrange Partnership Agreements?
I've obtained a client who has no Partnership agreement in place. As a tax avoidance measure, with some good commercial reasoning to boot, it has been proposed to admit several long-term employees into Partnership.
The current Partnership has no agreement. The intention is to have a two tiered system whereby the current Partners are "Senior" and entitled to a higher profit share than the new "Standard" Partners. It is also intended to have allotted "Salary" rates for each Partner based on hours work with residual profits in a profit share arrangement.
The Senior Partners have power to vote (jointly) to remove any Standard Partner.
My first suggestion was to use a law firm so as to absolve us of responsibility.
I guess I have two questions:
- Does anyone else generate Partnership agreements in-house without a qualified Solicitor?
- What would be your expectation of costs to implement the above agreement using a Solicitor?
I have no issue drafting it personally. However my only concerns are whether I can provide "due care and attention" without the legal basis and what our insurers may think!
- Virus Alert - VERY realistic aimed at acountants 70 1
- Do I pay VAT back to employer for my training?? 111 5
- Company dividends 689 24
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 1,249 46
- Client forgot to sign paper return and has gone on holidays 313 11
- White van man 904 27
- FYAs on second-hand vans 89 5
- VAT Margin Schemes 77 1
- Anybody received an Employer Payment Booklet for 2015-2016? 101 4
- Investment from Friend 277 11
- VAT registration transfer 62 2
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 198 7
- US-UK pension problem 145 3
- Limited Companies Merger 89 3
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 284 1
- Treatment of income for sole trader 323 3
- Serious help with shutting down company I started as a kid? 239 3
- Dividend amount for company where tax year doesnt go to 31st March 188 4
- UK LTD Company to start working in Norway 104 2
- How to value a business asset? 185 4
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 892
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 589
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 559
- Latest phishing scam 501
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 364
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 333
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 264
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 181
- Capital allowances in first basis period 169
- Sabbatical payments 163