How do you arrange Partnership Agreements?
I've obtained a client who has no Partnership agreement in place. As a tax avoidance measure, with some good commercial reasoning to boot, it has been proposed to admit several long-term employees into Partnership.
The current Partnership has no agreement. The intention is to have a two tiered system whereby the current Partners are "Senior" and entitled to a higher profit share than the new "Standard" Partners. It is also intended to have allotted "Salary" rates for each Partner based on hours work with residual profits in a profit share arrangement.
The Senior Partners have power to vote (jointly) to remove any Standard Partner.
My first suggestion was to use a law firm so as to absolve us of responsibility.
I guess I have two questions:
- Does anyone else generate Partnership agreements in-house without a qualified Solicitor?
- What would be your expectation of costs to implement the above agreement using a Solicitor?
I have no issue drafting it personally. However my only concerns are whether I can provide "due care and attention" without the legal basis and what our insurers may think!
- Anyone else getting these HMRC letters? 871 5
- Swimming Pool Income 283 4
- What is the best way to buy commercial property these days 108 3
- Appeal against penalty- error in SA tax return 88 1
- Friday Question 278 5
- Coming off flat rate VAT 276 2
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 454 6
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,926 44
- New Client works under PAYE but is about to set up own LTD. 238 6
- Support / ticketing software 380 12
- NEST web services & Moneysoft 646 8
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 955 12
- Tax Point as opposed to VAT point 101 1
- Company Number 10000000 1,182 15
- Tax code notices 164 1
- Outside the scope VAT box 6 186 6
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 677 15
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 309 6
- Deduction for Flat Rate Scheme VAT 386 4
- Sale of Limited Co computer 130 1
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 481
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 293
- DTA tie-breaker issue 287
- CGT for NOn UK residents 252
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 229
- Apprenticeship Levy 224
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 222
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 220
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 213
- Just checking re PSA 205