How do you do it?
Before Self Assessment came in I had no problems with filing Tax Returns and my turnover was virtually the same every month. Then the Chancellor stood up and said he was going to simplify the tax system and I had visions of early retirement. Now we have the dreaded 31st January deadline. All my client's seem to think they are my only client so if they roll up in late January with a big grin on their face and say "I know I promised to let you have it earlier this year BUT with this and that I have just not got round to doing it.... BUT it will be early next year!!!!!!!"
HMRC seem to think the way forward is to issue penalties but all their threats seem to be landing on deaf ears.
Business would be great if we could get the information in early - HMRC think is us lot stock piling the returns - I wish it was. So what is the sucessful way of getting the client to shift his (or her) backside and the question is WHAT DO YOU DO?
Obviously there has to be a balance, offering discounts gives the impression you are overcharging in the first place, stating you will charge an extra surcharge meets with the answer they will move elsewhere, at the end of the day I want a system that is benefits my good client's. Ranting and Raving merely gets us closer to a wooden overcoat. Ideally I feel SA should probably be rejigged to a similar system to corporation tax filing but a) that ain't going to happen and b) most of them have a similar attitude. All I want is a nice quiet and hassle free life where the 20% of the pains (same people every year) do not give us 80% of the aggro when we least need it!
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 305 11
- Starting up in practice - safety net 104 3
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 191 4
- Rental property company 99 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 277 7
- Payroo Employer allowance query 249 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 378 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 143 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 184 2
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 313 5
- Comapny valuation qualifications 143 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 482 5
- Director's tax return 395 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 180 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,127 34
- Flat rate vat 231 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 192 5
- Coming in from the cold 384 3
- Splitting the tax year 188 2
- P11d & Medical Ins 224 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 815
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 566
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 433
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 313
- Free Tax Legislation? 289
- Director Loan account operation 266
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 256
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 254
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 234
- Paye procedures for CVA 174