How does a soletrader deal with goodwill?
I am completing accounts/SA for a sole trader who has bought a business that has goodwill included in their balance sheet valuation. I wanted to check what the correct treatment was for amortising goodwill for a sole trader? Whether there were any specific write down rules?
I also understand that tax relief can not be claimed on the goodwill amortisation? Could somebody clarify the situation for me?
Thank you for your help
- Disbursement of recharge 379 2
- Mortgage Reference 902 16
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 298 9
- Payroll manager and the cloud 307 1
- CIMA CBA or AAT 106 4
- Rental of property in New Zealand 147 1
- VAT joint margin scheme arrangement 125 1
- RTI offline? 616 2
- Can a company claim R&D relief under both the SME and large company schemes? 148 1
- CIS and Xero 277 1
- AMAP on borrowed car?? 252 7
- Retrospective VAT Query 171 2
- property capital gains 411 4
- Chargeable Event - life insurance bond written in trust 149 2
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 935 9
- Tips on meals 570 5
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,352 15
- S.455 Tax again 456 9
- Overdrawn directors loans and insolvent winding up 230 3
- Closing down loss-making company 812 15