How to get a career in practice?
Hi, im hoping someone can help me and give me some good advice.
I really want a career in practice not industry. I always have since i started out in accountancy. Landing a position in a practice seems to be proving impossible at the moment though.
I have a 2.1 degree in accountancy and finance and have only the 5 professional level papers left to go for the ACCA, coupled with 15 months experience as a management accountant in an sme with around £3m turnover where i construct all the management accounts and year end accounts along with forcasting and overseeing the whole Sage 200 system, and do this for a couple of other smaller companies in the group i work for on the sage 50 system, but none of this seems enough for someone to give me a chance in practice!
I really love the technical side of accounting and would do anything for a chance to get in a practice but im just out of ideas. I am in the Nottinghamshire area and can not find any positions which dont require practice experience. Ive started looking down in London as well but have come up with nothing.
Any tips for what to do to get myself in somewhere? Any advise is welcome.
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 164 1
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 208 3
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 608 13
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 232 4
- JUDGE FRAUD ALERT 313 4
- Closing my business down 107 4
- What do you all do in your spare time? 855 34
- New ACCOUNTINGQUESTIONS website launching 315 6
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 192 6
- Director - earning less than £8500 and no taxable benefits - PllD? 121 1
- Scams are not always obvious 2,243 36
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,472 21
- VAT flat rate scheme 119 1
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 297 4
- Need some help on importing procedures and VAT 93 1
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 2,099 19
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 421 6
- FPS or EPS 177 2
- Continuity of Practice 229 2
- IRIS Professional Yearend 148 2
- Moving away from CCH software 956
- QROP pension input amounts 442
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 385
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 360
- fraud 288
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 262
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 230
- Construction CIS LLP Company 215
- EPS and CIS deductions 204
- Out of time or not? 183