How to get a career in practice?
Hi, im hoping someone can help me and give me some good advice.
I really want a career in practice not industry. I always have since i started out in accountancy. Landing a position in a practice seems to be proving impossible at the moment though.
I have a 2.1 degree in accountancy and finance and have only the 5 professional level papers left to go for the ACCA, coupled with 15 months experience as a management accountant in an sme with around £3m turnover where i construct all the management accounts and year end accounts along with forcasting and overseeing the whole Sage 200 system, and do this for a couple of other smaller companies in the group i work for on the sage 50 system, but none of this seems enough for someone to give me a chance in practice!
I really love the technical side of accounting and would do anything for a chance to get in a practice but im just out of ideas. I am in the Nottinghamshire area and can not find any positions which dont require practice experience. Ive started looking down in London as well but have come up with nothing.
Any tips for what to do to get myself in somewhere? Any advise is welcome.
- Associated companies 74 1
- 2 year rule? Self employed. 151 12
- P11d error 374 8
- Rental Income 215 2
- Share restructure 298 11
- Purchase buy-to-let property personally or LTD? 467 8
- Paperless office question 121 4
- RTI "Reason for submission being late" 376 7
- Warning about Tax Insider (taxinsider.co.uk) 908 5
- Stock Valuation 123 1
- Employment allowance and service companies (outside IR35) 465 14
- How long is filing an FPS meant to take ? 1,890 30
- Corporation tax due and repayable 87 1
- IR35 and working for an EU company 166 2
- Newsletter 218 4
- Business Challenges 500 11
- Do you design it or pick what's out there? 416 10
- £2000 Employment Allowance 264 2
- Is an iPad a taxable benefit? 276 4
- dividends, shares, waivers 1,136 15
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 721
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 491
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 326
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 323
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 260
- growth voucher supplier 230
- VAT on Gaming Machines 203
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 195
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 164
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 162