How to get a career in practice?
Hi, im hoping someone can help me and give me some good advice.
I really want a career in practice not industry. I always have since i started out in accountancy. Landing a position in a practice seems to be proving impossible at the moment though.
I have a 2.1 degree in accountancy and finance and have only the 5 professional level papers left to go for the ACCA, coupled with 15 months experience as a management accountant in an sme with around £3m turnover where i construct all the management accounts and year end accounts along with forcasting and overseeing the whole Sage 200 system, and do this for a couple of other smaller companies in the group i work for on the sage 50 system, but none of this seems enough for someone to give me a chance in practice!
I really love the technical side of accounting and would do anything for a chance to get in a practice but im just out of ideas. I am in the Nottinghamshire area and can not find any positions which dont require practice experience. Ive started looking down in London as well but have come up with nothing.
Any tips for what to do to get myself in somewhere? Any advise is welcome.
- SATR - ommission of capital gains 25 1
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,241 19
- Scanners 158 4
- Overdrawn Directors Loan Account 54 1
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 132 5
- Solar panels - VAT and Capital allowances 225 3
- Recharge for private use of a company car 397 9
- Payment plans for clients 89 2
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 219 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 217 7
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 389 2
- Should I move back home away from my office? 433 9
- P60 or payslips? 77 1
- Property income in different capacities 94 1
- IHT dilemma 1,381 21
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 185 1
- IT advisory questions? 169 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief 792 44
- Has anyone else come across VAT account suspensions? 125 1
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 523 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,155
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 795
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 484
- Digita Hosted Software 319
- Credit where credit's due....... 269
- Director phone costs 229
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 225
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 191
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 150
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 133