How to get a career in practice?
Hi, im hoping someone can help me and give me some good advice.
I really want a career in practice not industry. I always have since i started out in accountancy. Landing a position in a practice seems to be proving impossible at the moment though.
I have a 2.1 degree in accountancy and finance and have only the 5 professional level papers left to go for the ACCA, coupled with 15 months experience as a management accountant in an sme with around £3m turnover where i construct all the management accounts and year end accounts along with forcasting and overseeing the whole Sage 200 system, and do this for a couple of other smaller companies in the group i work for on the sage 50 system, but none of this seems enough for someone to give me a chance in practice!
I really love the technical side of accounting and would do anything for a chance to get in a practice but im just out of ideas. I am in the Nottinghamshire area and can not find any positions which dont require practice experience. Ive started looking down in London as well but have come up with nothing.
Any tips for what to do to get myself in somewhere? Any advise is welcome.
- PPR relief - deemed residence? 233 6
- Hello 215 1
- flat rate scheme 1,487 33
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,744 51
- Inputting previous months data into PAYE tools 170 4
- Unpaid share capital 84 1
- 64-8 problems 127 2
- Employer reference not recognised? 128 2
- Business trips - director and family 237 2
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 430 10
- Allocation of income from property 451 12
- Networking 699 6
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 785 10
- VAT refund for DIY house builders 132 1
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 1,089 22
- bookkeeping system 366 5
- Outstanding Loans 134 1
- HELP...historic SSP query! 230 5
- Company van paid by director 226 2
- Private company division 215 2