How to get a career in practice?
Hi, im hoping someone can help me and give me some good advice.
I really want a career in practice not industry. I always have since i started out in accountancy. Landing a position in a practice seems to be proving impossible at the moment though.
I have a 2.1 degree in accountancy and finance and have only the 5 professional level papers left to go for the ACCA, coupled with 15 months experience as a management accountant in an sme with around £3m turnover where i construct all the management accounts and year end accounts along with forcasting and overseeing the whole Sage 200 system, and do this for a couple of other smaller companies in the group i work for on the sage 50 system, but none of this seems enough for someone to give me a chance in practice!
I really love the technical side of accounting and would do anything for a chance to get in a practice but im just out of ideas. I am in the Nottinghamshire area and can not find any positions which dont require practice experience. Ive started looking down in London as well but have come up with nothing.
Any tips for what to do to get myself in somewhere? Any advise is welcome.
- Over VAT threshold but now ceased trading 145 1
- Auto enrolment 418 8
- Audacity 910 17
- Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings 382 7
- Late registration for MOSS 234 5
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 355 8
- Revaluation of Brands etc 264 5
- Self employed care worker 470 10
- Client right to working papers 309 3
- Seeking advice: Paying Funeral Costs 533 6
- Sole Director Limited Company and Childcare..hat is most tax efficient way to do it? 331 4
- Professional Clearance 1,041 24
- Self Assessment statement credit balances unallocated and getting repayment 266 5
- Illegal share transfer 446 5
- Uk vat on supply of training services to South African Airline? 167 2
- Company Strike off 1,833 30
- Soca or not to soca 2,128 34
- How to deal with an employee's at work car parking cost, paid for by the company 392 3
- Estate admin practicalities 221 1
- Cloud Accounting Software for Practitioners 1,501 23
- NHS finance professionals 532
- VAL231 407
- Mother and son property ownership 373
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 358
- Foreign Pension Contribution 331
- Fines for late submission of the RDR 305
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 285
- vat gross profit percentage margins 270
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 255
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 223