How to get a career in practice?
Hi, im hoping someone can help me and give me some good advice.
I really want a career in practice not industry. I always have since i started out in accountancy. Landing a position in a practice seems to be proving impossible at the moment though.
I have a 2.1 degree in accountancy and finance and have only the 5 professional level papers left to go for the ACCA, coupled with 15 months experience as a management accountant in an sme with around £3m turnover where i construct all the management accounts and year end accounts along with forcasting and overseeing the whole Sage 200 system, and do this for a couple of other smaller companies in the group i work for on the sage 50 system, but none of this seems enough for someone to give me a chance in practice!
I really love the technical side of accounting and would do anything for a chance to get in a practice but im just out of ideas. I am in the Nottinghamshire area and can not find any positions which dont require practice experience. Ive started looking down in London as well but have come up with nothing.
Any tips for what to do to get myself in somewhere? Any advise is welcome.
- Class 2 NIC 241 5
- Account and Taxable Profit 253 14
- Probate services 426 9
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 361 7
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,698 37
- Accounting for corporation tax 177 5
- Vat payable on van 104 1
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,829 42
- Invoices raised after company dissolution 238 7
- Community Faux Pas 918 26
- Cash gift from India 106 1
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 2,306 40
- Windows10 168 4
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 621 24
- Digita Accounts Production Advanced - general perception 468 25
- A thursday afternoon muse 221 2
- Barrister "M25 Patch"? 382 6
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 871 5
- Unusual marketing methods for accountants 790 14
- An IT question 289 6
- ACCA Shenanigans subject of EDM 835
- Benchmark accounting software 691
- Members in Public Practice 515
- Sole trader registering for the first time 328
- Oplex Careers CPD 321
- What are HMRC implying? 304
- VAT 257
- My own & spouse's Irish returns & ROS 247
- Payroll manager and the cloud 216
- Is the APN valid 196