How to get a career in practice?
Hi, im hoping someone can help me and give me some good advice.
I really want a career in practice not industry. I always have since i started out in accountancy. Landing a position in a practice seems to be proving impossible at the moment though.
I have a 2.1 degree in accountancy and finance and have only the 5 professional level papers left to go for the ACCA, coupled with 15 months experience as a management accountant in an sme with around £3m turnover where i construct all the management accounts and year end accounts along with forcasting and overseeing the whole Sage 200 system, and do this for a couple of other smaller companies in the group i work for on the sage 50 system, but none of this seems enough for someone to give me a chance in practice!
I really love the technical side of accounting and would do anything for a chance to get in a practice but im just out of ideas. I am in the Nottinghamshire area and can not find any positions which dont require practice experience. Ive started looking down in London as well but have come up with nothing.
Any tips for what to do to get myself in somewhere? Any advise is welcome.
- Investment properties/freehold land 103 2
- Capital allowances on Software 211 2
- Designated sole Residence 190 4
- A little knowledge 29 1
- Trading Losses - 3 Year Carry Back 69 3
- Company director and KIT days 105 1
- client can't/won't pay 2,166 50
- Anybody still doing returns? 831 34
- Clothing 576 18
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 282 12
- Digita in the cloud 38 1
- Change to PAYE TAX CODE 225 7
- IHT and US resident 122 2
- Tax relief when working away 49 1
- Parent and subsidiary... 156 5
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 207 8
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,243 17
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 362 16
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 746 15
- Anyone know what this is? 328 6
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 956
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 678
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 626
- Latest phishing scam 604
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 440
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 328
- Scratch Head 267
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 259
- Sabbatical payments 219
- Negligible Value Claim 199