How to get a career in practice?
Hi, im hoping someone can help me and give me some good advice.
I really want a career in practice not industry. I always have since i started out in accountancy. Landing a position in a practice seems to be proving impossible at the moment though.
I have a 2.1 degree in accountancy and finance and have only the 5 professional level papers left to go for the ACCA, coupled with 15 months experience as a management accountant in an sme with around £3m turnover where i construct all the management accounts and year end accounts along with forcasting and overseeing the whole Sage 200 system, and do this for a couple of other smaller companies in the group i work for on the sage 50 system, but none of this seems enough for someone to give me a chance in practice!
I really love the technical side of accounting and would do anything for a chance to get in a practice but im just out of ideas. I am in the Nottinghamshire area and can not find any positions which dont require practice experience. Ive started looking down in London as well but have come up with nothing.
Any tips for what to do to get myself in somewhere? Any advise is welcome.
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 336 12
- Cash in Hand 59 2
- Buy to let and capitak gain 132 4
- Busines software 125 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 181 6
- Converting a barn for business use 180 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 302 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 306 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 465 10
- are receipts needed? 602 16
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 286 3
- Bookkeping software 715 7
- Clogged Losses 277 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 260 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 652 10
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 314 7
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 264 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 123 1
- General tax book with planning 259 5
- Anybody heard of Geniac, the new De Lorean? 197 3
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 907
- International interest certificate 520
- NOVA 370
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 318
- Management expenses for investment company 274
- Bonus Bonds 265
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 180
- P11D benefit received by widow 160
- EXACT ONLINE 153
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 150