How to get a career in practice?
Hi, im hoping someone can help me and give me some good advice.
I really want a career in practice not industry. I always have since i started out in accountancy. Landing a position in a practice seems to be proving impossible at the moment though.
I have a 2.1 degree in accountancy and finance and have only the 5 professional level papers left to go for the ACCA, coupled with 15 months experience as a management accountant in an sme with around £3m turnover where i construct all the management accounts and year end accounts along with forcasting and overseeing the whole Sage 200 system, and do this for a couple of other smaller companies in the group i work for on the sage 50 system, but none of this seems enough for someone to give me a chance in practice!
I really love the technical side of accounting and would do anything for a chance to get in a practice but im just out of ideas. I am in the Nottinghamshire area and can not find any positions which dont require practice experience. Ive started looking down in London as well but have come up with nothing.
Any tips for what to do to get myself in somewhere? Any advise is welcome.
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 707 12
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 802 1
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 458 10
- Real time 188 2
- Withdrawal of a quote 371 7
- Opt To Tax Refund 245 3
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 208 2
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 199 5
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 600 15
- When to top-up pensions? 158 2
- Support / ticketing software 326 11
- Are Tax Agents designed out of online systems? 323 3
- Imported goods and VAT 131 1
- Annual Return for company for whom director/shareholder has died 434 15
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 589 11
- Stamp Duty 170 3
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,862 22
- Company Number 10000000 992 13
- Online accounting provider for multicompany with turnover £10m 368 5
- CGT on lost shares/scam 230 3
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 469
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 287
- DTA tie-breaker issue 279
- CGT for NOn UK residents 242
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 219
- Apprenticeship Levy 216
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 209
- Just checking re PSA 195
- Capital Gains personal representatives 189
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 177