How to get a career in practice?
Hi, im hoping someone can help me and give me some good advice.
I really want a career in practice not industry. I always have since i started out in accountancy. Landing a position in a practice seems to be proving impossible at the moment though.
I have a 2.1 degree in accountancy and finance and have only the 5 professional level papers left to go for the ACCA, coupled with 15 months experience as a management accountant in an sme with around £3m turnover where i construct all the management accounts and year end accounts along with forcasting and overseeing the whole Sage 200 system, and do this for a couple of other smaller companies in the group i work for on the sage 50 system, but none of this seems enough for someone to give me a chance in practice!
I really love the technical side of accounting and would do anything for a chance to get in a practice but im just out of ideas. I am in the Nottinghamshire area and can not find any positions which dont require practice experience. Ive started looking down in London as well but have come up with nothing.
Any tips for what to do to get myself in somewhere? Any advise is welcome.
- Bonus/Shares 14 2
- Mortgage deposit Gift 114 4
- Anti Money Laundering Checks 313 4
- Any Scottish members out there? 8,125 305
- Expenses of overseas employment 165 3
- Paying tax in Angola and uk? 116 2
- New Client in dispute with old accountant 613 12
- Statutory Residence Test - Travelling 136 1
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,109 15
- Has HMRC got powers to do this? 360 3
- EC sales list 67 1
- planning to be self employed bookkeeper what do i need to do before i start? 351 5
- Repairs after a rental business ends 393 11
- ICPA-Scotland 182 2
- Shutting down losing Directors Loan 233 1
- Declined for business bank account 391 6
- Help with Mortgage Application? 543 7
- Disclosure of pending convertible loan notes? 226 10
- Standard 'email' template system 926 14
- How to complete annual VAT return online? 241 4
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,127
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 369
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 301
- National Insurance 275
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 241
- Payments on account coded out?? 236
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 226
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 197
- Non Resident 193
- Franchise income and costs 181