How to get a career in practice?
Hi, im hoping someone can help me and give me some good advice.
I really want a career in practice not industry. I always have since i started out in accountancy. Landing a position in a practice seems to be proving impossible at the moment though.
I have a 2.1 degree in accountancy and finance and have only the 5 professional level papers left to go for the ACCA, coupled with 15 months experience as a management accountant in an sme with around £3m turnover where i construct all the management accounts and year end accounts along with forcasting and overseeing the whole Sage 200 system, and do this for a couple of other smaller companies in the group i work for on the sage 50 system, but none of this seems enough for someone to give me a chance in practice!
I really love the technical side of accounting and would do anything for a chance to get in a practice but im just out of ideas. I am in the Nottinghamshire area and can not find any positions which dont require practice experience. Ive started looking down in London as well but have come up with nothing.
Any tips for what to do to get myself in somewhere? Any advise is welcome.
- Mehjoo 299 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 50 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 307 5
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 182 4
- SA302 314 7
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 282 13
- Bringing money to Uk 273 4
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 276 5
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 200 4
- Go Cardless 346 9
- Hmrc software 240 3
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 140 1
- Hosted email exchange 181 5
- South African Government Pension 183 1
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 311 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 315 13
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 248 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 155 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 301 7
- New Email Extensions 216 1
- Xtuple 513
- Qtac payroll for bureau 352
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 297
- Industrial & Provident Societies 288
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 228
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 194
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 192
- Domain name sale and limited company 173
- CIS schemes 171
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 148