How to get a career in practice?
Hi, im hoping someone can help me and give me some good advice.
I really want a career in practice not industry. I always have since i started out in accountancy. Landing a position in a practice seems to be proving impossible at the moment though.
I have a 2.1 degree in accountancy and finance and have only the 5 professional level papers left to go for the ACCA, coupled with 15 months experience as a management accountant in an sme with around £3m turnover where i construct all the management accounts and year end accounts along with forcasting and overseeing the whole Sage 200 system, and do this for a couple of other smaller companies in the group i work for on the sage 50 system, but none of this seems enough for someone to give me a chance in practice!
I really love the technical side of accounting and would do anything for a chance to get in a practice but im just out of ideas. I am in the Nottinghamshire area and can not find any positions which dont require practice experience. Ive started looking down in London as well but have come up with nothing.
Any tips for what to do to get myself in somewhere? Any advise is welcome.
- Need help with How much or do I charge to much 204 4
- Allowable expenses on retal property 156 2
- Identity Checks 97 1
- Mandatory Capitalisation 126 2
- Running Sage on a Mac 117 1
- Why are so many UK accountants reticent to make use of Indian outsourcing providers? 4,322 94
- HMRC CT600 TOOL 286 5
- Cash bashed (FRS) vs cash accounting (standard VAT)? 136 2
- notarising & legalising documents 182 4
- question 442 4
- Am I the only one who finds this annoying 415 11
- Income prior to company formation 221 8
- VAT on farm machinery sold 141 2
- Seeking advice: Tax on investing in a subsidiary 159 6
- Property pages or self-employed? 169 2
- Any thoughts on Capium? 427 3
- When to register or not for PAYE 466 8
- Can criminal action be a defence? 219 5
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 1,420 14
- National Living Wage: creating jobs or unemployment? 320 6
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 401
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 290
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 262
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 260
- French ConnectionUK 205
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 193
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 187
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 183
- APN's 175
- Penalties for late filing of P11D forms 150