How to get a career in practice?
Hi, im hoping someone can help me and give me some good advice.
I really want a career in practice not industry. I always have since i started out in accountancy. Landing a position in a practice seems to be proving impossible at the moment though.
I have a 2.1 degree in accountancy and finance and have only the 5 professional level papers left to go for the ACCA, coupled with 15 months experience as a management accountant in an sme with around £3m turnover where i construct all the management accounts and year end accounts along with forcasting and overseeing the whole Sage 200 system, and do this for a couple of other smaller companies in the group i work for on the sage 50 system, but none of this seems enough for someone to give me a chance in practice!
I really love the technical side of accounting and would do anything for a chance to get in a practice but im just out of ideas. I am in the Nottinghamshire area and can not find any positions which dont require practice experience. Ive started looking down in London as well but have come up with nothing.
Any tips for what to do to get myself in somewhere? Any advise is welcome.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 709 5
- See you all on the other side 735 6
- 12Pay 501 2
- dividends 704 2
- R&D 355 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,214 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 468 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 458 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 410 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 567 5
- Seeking a tax case 674 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 537 4
- Companies house strike off 628 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 473 2
- Moving to the cloud 773 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 224 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 933 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 231 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,112 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 524 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 571
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 427
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 378
- IRIS and FRS 102 361
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 343
- Capitalising Finance Lease 339
- Marginal rates of tax 327
- USA help 326
- Class 2 NI 318
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 302