How to get more, bigger and better clients for self assessment?
Im nearly finished my AAT Level 2 Accounting, and have been working within a payroll company for the last 2 and a half years and managed to build up a little portfolio of clients for whom I just complete annual statutory accounts (rather simple sole trader tax return with self employed income and the odd pension and PAYE job) and just charge a rate according to the number of returns, normally say £50 each, with each additional employment at £25 and so on. Im struggling to find full time jobs to build on my current knowledge, which in regards to personal tax is self taught and quite extensive now, but not sure where to go from here moving forward and how to grow. I probably only make about an additional £5000/£6000, if even that, per year doing to books on the side, and wondered if anybody has advice on where I can go forward with all this?
Ive never really dealt in sales and all my clients exist purely through word of mouth, but I personally think I'll be able to get a steady income if I could get more clients, or get one contract which could last me over the year, but I dont think there's many out there. As HMRC has recently decided to make life for the working man even harder and introduced further penalties, I feel this could the motivation self employed people need to get somebody to do their books and I want to be the person to do it, but nor sure how to go about getting a bigger clientele or how to approach smaller agencies as there are so many Umbrella companies offering cash back and special insurances to the contractors for no additional charge, so should I stick to just trying to odd plumbers and builders via local marketing?
Thanks for your time =)
- property capital gains 144 2
- Transferring DLA between Directors 133 1
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,155 13
- Tips on meals 173 2
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 513 10
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 154 3
- Personal Tax 725 13
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 168 2
- Stumped - IHT 137 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 409 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 473 11
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,283 33
- Credit management tools 141 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 771 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 396 7
- CGT and primary residence 175 1
- Marriage Allowance 275 3
- S455 and February year ends 331 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 889 18
- Closing down loss-making company 458 5