How to get a Practice Certificate?
Can anyone advise me as to how I can go about getting a practice certificate to be able to set up my own practice?
My understanding is that you dont have to be qualified in ACCA, CIMA or ACA to be able to get one.
I have a degree in Accounting and Finance, CAT (ACCA's equivilance of AAT), Nearly completed CIMA ( 1 paper remaining),a nd around 12 years of working in industry in corporate finance aswell as around 20 private clients.
Completion of CIMA route is long term plan but need a "in the meantime" certificate.
i have been doing work on the side for people I know but now i think its time to register properly. I have set up a limited company, registered for data protection, HMRC money laundering registration, and PI si in place. This is my last step! Please correct me though as my understanding is that wih my current set up I can still do what I do for small businesses (VAT, payroll, ltd co accounts, self assessments etc) but nothing with requires an audit. Is it correct that only when you enter the audit territory you need to ensure you are fully qualified and other certifcates?
- Dividend in specie 196 5
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 58 1
- Mexican student in UK 103 2
- PI insurance for Auto Enrolment 180 3
- Accounting Practice acting as an employment agency 275 12
- payroll software 69 1
- No Tax Returns submitted for last 16 years 1,033 25
- Complicated Company car purchase 67 1
- Pricing 321 10
- Late VAT registration penalty 237 5
- Partially exempt? 217 7
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 139 7
- Lorry Drivers 113 1
- VAT 111 2
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 839 18
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 630 7
- Rental Income Tax Planning 204 3
- Vat 93 2
- Auto-Enrolment 3,834 184
- Method for filing 2013/14 payroll? 131 2
- Skandia using wrong address 472
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 274
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 267
- Employee rewards 256
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 217
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 213
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 210
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 199
- Etax Australian 169
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 155