How to get a Practice Certificate?
Can anyone advise me as to how I can go about getting a practice certificate to be able to set up my own practice?
My understanding is that you dont have to be qualified in ACCA, CIMA or ACA to be able to get one.
I have a degree in Accounting and Finance, CAT (ACCA's equivilance of AAT), Nearly completed CIMA ( 1 paper remaining),a nd around 12 years of working in industry in corporate finance aswell as around 20 private clients.
Completion of CIMA route is long term plan but need a "in the meantime" certificate.
i have been doing work on the side for people I know but now i think its time to register properly. I have set up a limited company, registered for data protection, HMRC money laundering registration, and PI si in place. This is my last step! Please correct me though as my understanding is that wih my current set up I can still do what I do for small businesses (VAT, payroll, ltd co accounts, self assessments etc) but nothing with requires an audit. Is it correct that only when you enter the audit territory you need to ensure you are fully qualified and other certifcates?
- What do you all do in your spare time? 620 28
- Accountants website 309 4
- Threshold company limited by guarantee. 43 1
- Retrospective VAT Claim 87 1
- New client has not reported director's pay by RTI 331 9
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,389 20
- SAGE 50 PAYROLL YEAR END 204 5
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 391 6
- Can software startup claim VAT refund during development? 149 6
- Tax implications on building an 'office' 194 2
- VAT on employee loan 246 2
- VT Final Accounts puts "Cost of Sales - Carriage" and "Cost of Sales - Other Costs" into "Other Costs". Is that compulsory? It seems mad. 181 3
- Auto Enrolment, Payroll, Small Client Advice and what to charge? 707 18
- Partial PPR relief to non-resident after 05 Apr 2015 146 1
- Purchased Goodwill 122 1
- Accounting Package for Projects 79 2
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 100 1
- Are accountants keeping up with the pace of change? 210 4
- Recruitment agencies 586 1
- Do you charge fee or % for Successful appeal against HMRC penalties? 524 20
- New Fangled Penalties 1,079
- Moving away from CCH software 930
- QROP pension input amounts 424
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 370
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 337
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 309
- fraud 263
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 236
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 211
- Construction CIS LLP Company 189