How to get a Practice Certificate?
Can anyone advise me as to how I can go about getting a practice certificate to be able to set up my own practice?
My understanding is that you dont have to be qualified in ACCA, CIMA or ACA to be able to get one.
I have a degree in Accounting and Finance, CAT (ACCA's equivilance of AAT), Nearly completed CIMA ( 1 paper remaining),a nd around 12 years of working in industry in corporate finance aswell as around 20 private clients.
Completion of CIMA route is long term plan but need a "in the meantime" certificate.
i have been doing work on the side for people I know but now i think its time to register properly. I have set up a limited company, registered for data protection, HMRC money laundering registration, and PI si in place. This is my last step! Please correct me though as my understanding is that wih my current set up I can still do what I do for small businesses (VAT, payroll, ltd co accounts, self assessments etc) but nothing with requires an audit. Is it correct that only when you enter the audit territory you need to ensure you are fully qualified and other certifcates?
- Share Valuation 20 1
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,038 9
- BTL property solely in wife's name - can she split rental income with husband? 130 5
- Do I need to keep subscribing to CIMA post qualification? 244 14
- Prior Year Adjustments 67 2
- Share Issue 202 1
- Payment of Capital from and LLP and Corporate member 138 11
- Client avoiding UK Tax. 740 23
- PAYE/NI due date? 134 2
- repairs and/or improvements 97 2
- To Do List 1,512 31
- Dormant company or not? 263 12
- Personal Allowance for non residents 323 8
- Farm Partnership 85 1
- Sum Product - Pulling my hair out! 359 12
- Leaving Flat Rate VAT scheme 442 9
- Are language schools in France exempt from paying TVA? 132 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief 1,458 25
- Problem ex client...again.. 3,711 27
- Time limit for making Self Assessment Tax Return 215 1
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 654
- Property let at a reduced rate - losses brought forward 515
- Auto enrolment excuses 452
- Removed post 368
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 343
- Social investment tax relief 159
- Patent Box and worldwide patents 152
- Call Centre Data Costs 152
- Digita Hosted Software 135
- Unemployed Accounting Graduate - Need Advice - Small Firms 129