How to get a Practice Certificate?
Can anyone advise me as to how I can go about getting a practice certificate to be able to set up my own practice?
My understanding is that you dont have to be qualified in ACCA, CIMA or ACA to be able to get one.
I have a degree in Accounting and Finance, CAT (ACCA's equivilance of AAT), Nearly completed CIMA ( 1 paper remaining),a nd around 12 years of working in industry in corporate finance aswell as around 20 private clients.
Completion of CIMA route is long term plan but need a "in the meantime" certificate.
i have been doing work on the side for people I know but now i think its time to register properly. I have set up a limited company, registered for data protection, HMRC money laundering registration, and PI si in place. This is my last step! Please correct me though as my understanding is that wih my current set up I can still do what I do for small businesses (VAT, payroll, ltd co accounts, self assessments etc) but nothing with requires an audit. Is it correct that only when you enter the audit territory you need to ensure you are fully qualified and other certifcates?
- Can interest received be netted against interest paid in this scenario? 127 2
- Film Actors - Averaging? 332 9
- Paying Harvest casuals and casual beaters 216 3
- FreeAgent question 109 2
- Retrospectively change VAT scheme? 138 2
- CIS monthly returns 189 2
- Goodie bag 1,557 52
- Husband Wife let property 354 9
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 503 12
- Output tax for retailer 318 8
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 288 3
- 13-14 Payroll return needs to be filed 141 2
- Payroll Software & Auto Enrolement 139 1
- CT600 Advice 144 1
- Fair Value Accounting 83 1
- Client incurring expenses on company car 161 4
- can I approach clients ? 413 8
- Companies House Penalties 154 2
- Apostille documents 120 2
- Budget 2015 predictions 549 13
- Possible Partnership? 644
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 519
- New Fangled Penalties 450
- Fuming! 384
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 319
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 259
- Outsource Data Entry 243
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 238
- Moving away from CCH software 231
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 178