How to get a Practice Certificate?
Can anyone advise me as to how I can go about getting a practice certificate to be able to set up my own practice?
My understanding is that you dont have to be qualified in ACCA, CIMA or ACA to be able to get one.
I have a degree in Accounting and Finance, CAT (ACCA's equivilance of AAT), Nearly completed CIMA ( 1 paper remaining),a nd around 12 years of working in industry in corporate finance aswell as around 20 private clients.
Completion of CIMA route is long term plan but need a "in the meantime" certificate.
i have been doing work on the side for people I know but now i think its time to register properly. I have set up a limited company, registered for data protection, HMRC money laundering registration, and PI si in place. This is my last step! Please correct me though as my understanding is that wih my current set up I can still do what I do for small businesses (VAT, payroll, ltd co accounts, self assessments etc) but nothing with requires an audit. Is it correct that only when you enter the audit territory you need to ensure you are fully qualified and other certifcates?
- Accountancy packages for FRS 102 10 1
- What accounting software packages are best for restaurants? 180 5
- dreaded p11d dispensation 117 5
- What should I do for 'free' 678 8
- Would Director's dividends on non-voting C shares risk being classed as "earnings" for NIC purposes? 262 2
- Profitable company wanting to buy an office 290 8
- Accounting for share for share 43 3
- Sportman claiming for training kit 60 2
- Use of home for storage 371 7
- Payroll YTD info on Operaii 102 1
- Company Accounts 298 6
- Any Scottish members out there? 9,451 349
- disclosue checklist 83 2
- Mortgage deposit Gift 540 25
- Complicated freehold purchase and CA 65 1
- FIFA game and making money 1,460 13
- Getting VAT right for a sole trader pilot 220 7
- UTR reallocated by HMRC 222 2
- Current Asset Investment 157 4
- corp tax software 105 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,194
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 411
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 316
- National Insurance 312
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 263
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 240
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 237
- Non Resident 228
- Franchise income and costs 209
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 193