How to get a Practice Certificate?
Can anyone advise me as to how I can go about getting a practice certificate to be able to set up my own practice?
My understanding is that you dont have to be qualified in ACCA, CIMA or ACA to be able to get one.
I have a degree in Accounting and Finance, CAT (ACCA's equivilance of AAT), Nearly completed CIMA ( 1 paper remaining),a nd around 12 years of working in industry in corporate finance aswell as around 20 private clients.
Completion of CIMA route is long term plan but need a "in the meantime" certificate.
i have been doing work on the side for people I know but now i think its time to register properly. I have set up a limited company, registered for data protection, HMRC money laundering registration, and PI si in place. This is my last step! Please correct me though as my understanding is that wih my current set up I can still do what I do for small businesses (VAT, payroll, ltd co accounts, self assessments etc) but nothing with requires an audit. Is it correct that only when you enter the audit territory you need to ensure you are fully qualified and other certifcates?
- I do not love you 172 4
- Gift of FHL - subsequent PPR not denied? 173 1
- Limited Company 140 3
- Love is in the air 734 10
- Stamp Duty 330 5
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 741 19
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 878 8
- Personal Pension Relief in the Tax Code 390 5
- Paying Son 802 19
- CGT on lost shares/scam 403 5
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 284 10
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,071 47
- Setting up a practice 635 5
- Very large share capital by mistake 618 7
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 561 4
- 24 month rule and expenses 482 1
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 247 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,868 21
- Incorporation of gp practise 457 1
- Client Paperwork Retention? 612 13
- Foreign domicile status 307
- DTA tie-breaker issue 306
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 302
- CGT for NOn UK residents 286
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 282
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 262
- Apprenticeship Levy 248
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 245
- Discretionary payment to sick employee 236
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 231