How to get a Practice Certificate?
Can anyone advise me as to how I can go about getting a practice certificate to be able to set up my own practice?
My understanding is that you dont have to be qualified in ACCA, CIMA or ACA to be able to get one.
I have a degree in Accounting and Finance, CAT (ACCA's equivilance of AAT), Nearly completed CIMA ( 1 paper remaining),a nd around 12 years of working in industry in corporate finance aswell as around 20 private clients.
Completion of CIMA route is long term plan but need a "in the meantime" certificate.
i have been doing work on the side for people I know but now i think its time to register properly. I have set up a limited company, registered for data protection, HMRC money laundering registration, and PI si in place. This is my last step! Please correct me though as my understanding is that wih my current set up I can still do what I do for small businesses (VAT, payroll, ltd co accounts, self assessments etc) but nothing with requires an audit. Is it correct that only when you enter the audit territory you need to ensure you are fully qualified and other certifcates?
- Simple Ltd company accounts service 73 2
- Charging for book-keeping on a 'per transaction' basis 609 17
- ECSL 172 3
- Company Pension Contributions 21 1
- Let Property Campaign 273 5
- Donaldson v HMRC - result?? 994 11
- New Club 85 2
- Company Accounts - Limited company 403 4
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 1,581 28
- How much did you pay for your website 201 9
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 1,215 30
- Who can I refer leads to? 1,231 17
- Self employment trap - pension 106 1
- DTL adjustement in P &L 203 5
- Preparing a consolidated TB 68 1
- Would this fall into IR35 107 2
- Computers & Network Depreciation 159 3
- Capital Allowances and Hire Purchase 189 3
- Awkward IP 382 3
- R & D 197 2
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 580
- CTA study material 568
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 341
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 265
- Employment related securities question 210
- CCJ and Shareholder/ Director ramifications 180
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 179
- ATED Penalties 177
- AIM Stocks and IHT 161
- Foreign Premium Distributions 135