How to get a Practice Certificate?
Can anyone advise me as to how I can go about getting a practice certificate to be able to set up my own practice?
My understanding is that you dont have to be qualified in ACCA, CIMA or ACA to be able to get one.
I have a degree in Accounting and Finance, CAT (ACCA's equivilance of AAT), Nearly completed CIMA ( 1 paper remaining),a nd around 12 years of working in industry in corporate finance aswell as around 20 private clients.
Completion of CIMA route is long term plan but need a "in the meantime" certificate.
i have been doing work on the side for people I know but now i think its time to register properly. I have set up a limited company, registered for data protection, HMRC money laundering registration, and PI si in place. This is my last step! Please correct me though as my understanding is that wih my current set up I can still do what I do for small businesses (VAT, payroll, ltd co accounts, self assessments etc) but nothing with requires an audit. Is it correct that only when you enter the audit territory you need to ensure you are fully qualified and other certifcates?
- Splitting hairs with a national firm 1,226 10
- Pay in Lieu of notice 154 6
- Doctor and Locum Work 172 3
- Legal title not in the company name 589 16
- Farm barn lettings 155 3
- inheritance tax 100 3
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 76 1
- Capital payments offshore trust 68 1
- Gift with reservation, IHT & CGT 101 1
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 107 2
- Unreimbursed employee expenses 185 1
- Deduction from Salary 471 11
- State pension 162 1
- NALS Accountants Report 295 4
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 261 6
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,137 40
- CIC Company 620 11
- simple one...capitalisation of legal fees on purchase of business 286 6
- This is getting boring 499 10
- 27,000 Really? 780 24
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 632
- Cancelled 378
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 349
- Cancelled 323
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 299
- Probiz 288
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 260
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 246
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 217
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 194