How to get a Practice Certificate?
Can anyone advise me as to how I can go about getting a practice certificate to be able to set up my own practice?
My understanding is that you dont have to be qualified in ACCA, CIMA or ACA to be able to get one.
I have a degree in Accounting and Finance, CAT (ACCA's equivilance of AAT), Nearly completed CIMA ( 1 paper remaining),a nd around 12 years of working in industry in corporate finance aswell as around 20 private clients.
Completion of CIMA route is long term plan but need a "in the meantime" certificate.
i have been doing work on the side for people I know but now i think its time to register properly. I have set up a limited company, registered for data protection, HMRC money laundering registration, and PI si in place. This is my last step! Please correct me though as my understanding is that wih my current set up I can still do what I do for small businesses (VAT, payroll, ltd co accounts, self assessments etc) but nothing with requires an audit. Is it correct that only when you enter the audit territory you need to ensure you are fully qualified and other certifcates?
- Dividends from UK plc - tax years and dates 59 2
- Help 109 9
- What do people do with signed accounts/engagement letters/tax returns? 187 9
- Where has Portia gone? 5,017 109
- Overlap profit 289 7
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 314 6
- RTI Payroll ID 2,057 25
- What is the correct Vat treatment and rate to use to record a business stay in a hotel in the EU? 108 1
- Payments on account 166 2
- Recurring Revenue/Costs occurred before registering, how do I handle this? 60 1
- What do your junior staff do? 520 7
- OMG HMRC !!!! Employ some ppl!! 642 12
- Keeping disastrous accounts 408 5
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 531 10
- VAT Exemptions for Dance Education 126 1
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,935 74
- In pratice using part time accountants 341 3
- On the high seas 108 1
- Entrepreneurs Relief Shares Received as Part of Divorce Settlement 145 2
- Spousal transfer and PPR 856 34
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 852
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 444
- Sanzar 339
- How do you do it 336
- Digital marketing focus group 310
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 295
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 206
- Fit for purpose 202
- new investor structure 197
- VAT Registration 180