How to get a Practice Certificate?
Can anyone advise me as to how I can go about getting a practice certificate to be able to set up my own practice?
My understanding is that you dont have to be qualified in ACCA, CIMA or ACA to be able to get one.
I have a degree in Accounting and Finance, CAT (ACCA's equivilance of AAT), Nearly completed CIMA ( 1 paper remaining),a nd around 12 years of working in industry in corporate finance aswell as around 20 private clients.
Completion of CIMA route is long term plan but need a "in the meantime" certificate.
i have been doing work on the side for people I know but now i think its time to register properly. I have set up a limited company, registered for data protection, HMRC money laundering registration, and PI si in place. This is my last step! Please correct me though as my understanding is that wih my current set up I can still do what I do for small businesses (VAT, payroll, ltd co accounts, self assessments etc) but nothing with requires an audit. Is it correct that only when you enter the audit territory you need to ensure you are fully qualified and other certifcates?
- Taxfiler - is it really good? 344 11
- Real names 838 29
- VAT charge needed on van sale? 202 4
- Is a tax return required - rental income? 140 1
- Theatre as charitable company 102 2
- Fixed Assets 121 2
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 234 2
- CGT on Sale of shop 138 2
- HMRC list of tax avoidance schemes 142 1
- Any point writing to HMRC to appeal against self assessment penalties ? 344 12
- Dividend payment date 2,013 36
- PDF to QIF (or other)? 516 14
- Consolidating the P+L for an overseas subsidiary 96 4
- Clarification over - VAT Box 8 - Flat rate scheme 232 7
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 351 1
- Capital Gains Tax 230 6
- Well well well 504 6
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 192 6
- Preference shares redeemed at less than par 185 11
- Errors in prior year accounts 262 5
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 572
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 440
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 344
- IFA incorporation 326
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 305
- Sorry ignore me 265
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 261
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 249
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 248
- Cancelled 186