How to get a Practice Certificate?
Can anyone advise me as to how I can go about getting a practice certificate to be able to set up my own practice?
My understanding is that you dont have to be qualified in ACCA, CIMA or ACA to be able to get one.
I have a degree in Accounting and Finance, CAT (ACCA's equivilance of AAT), Nearly completed CIMA ( 1 paper remaining),a nd around 12 years of working in industry in corporate finance aswell as around 20 private clients.
Completion of CIMA route is long term plan but need a "in the meantime" certificate.
i have been doing work on the side for people I know but now i think its time to register properly. I have set up a limited company, registered for data protection, HMRC money laundering registration, and PI si in place. This is my last step! Please correct me though as my understanding is that wih my current set up I can still do what I do for small businesses (VAT, payroll, ltd co accounts, self assessments etc) but nothing with requires an audit. Is it correct that only when you enter the audit territory you need to ensure you are fully qualified and other certifcates?
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 166 2
- I have done a terrible thing 679 15
- HMRC property income enquiry 312 8
- How much does the company pay 605 26
- Not paying accountant 1,822 46
- Van Benefit in Kind Query 124 2
- Cash basis VAT return 72 1
- VAT on Business Premises 83 2
- Section 165 TCGA 1992 - time limit? 59 1
- Consolidation Software 139 2
- Client being taken to court and really do not know what to do 458 11
- New Incorporations - ERTNAC hoax - anyone else seen this? 1,015 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,181 32
- Anyone else still working this week? 320 9
- LLp Profits 139 5
- two business from one premises 139 2
- AIA 251 16
- Company car but paying for insurance personally - reduces benefit in kind? 350 20
- partnership tax return 170 5
- Client has already received 13/14 tax refund 201 2
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 504
- corporate hierarchy 465
- Advice - 317
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 267
- WWOOFers 256
- The booking.com con 240
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 234
- Cocaine anyone? 219
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 215
- UK State pension paid in NZ 175