How good are you at collecting debts?
I have a friend with a small solicitors practice. It is the principal plus three other solicitors. There are three other admin type staff. So four fee earners.
There is difficulty with cash flow and she has asked that I come and have a look at her accounts and debtors.
For this size of practice, what would you say would be an acceptable number of days in debtors? ie Total debtors (say at year end) divided by rough daily turnover.
Would appreciate anyones comments.
- Annual Report - How to? 435 21
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 738 11
- Outsourcing Payroll 173 3
- CIS Set off 24 1
- R&D tax credits 69 3
- 15% restirction on lease cars 177 3
- Little Green Man needs help HGV driver LTD company 189 2
- sage 183 5
- Rent -sole trader 114 1
- Accountants not providing all required information 336 5
- VAT NETP and Tax Agents/Representatives joimnt and several liability 94 2
- Manually amending PAYE Code Number in HMRC Basic PAYE Tools 188 6
- Improvements to leasehold property and Capital Allowances 52 1
- Double entry 230 5
- FBI2 211 4
- Companies House 194 3
- Interprise software 106 1
- TAX, VAT and non-UK residence 524 19
- Charity accounting 274 6
- Separate Pay runs for salary and commission 158 4
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 546
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 471
- EPS and CIS deductions 330
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 312
- Construction CIS LLP Company 304
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 299
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 269
- Overdrawn director account 222
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 205
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 205