How good are you at collecting debts?
I have a friend with a small solicitors practice. It is the principal plus three other solicitors. There are three other admin type staff. So four fee earners.
There is difficulty with cash flow and she has asked that I come and have a look at her accounts and debtors.
For this size of practice, what would you say would be an acceptable number of days in debtors? ie Total debtors (say at year end) divided by rough daily turnover.
Would appreciate anyones comments.
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 205 13
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 524 6
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 100 7
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 440 9
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 271 4
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 96 2
- Limited company buying a car 107 3
- ACCA practice certificates 479 5
- Limited company buying director's car 274 10
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 60 1
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 67 1
- WC's and capital allowances 169 3
- Entrepeneurs relief 292 13
- Dress code 1,534 36
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 473 13
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 248 6
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 367 4
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 466 23
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 166 4
- Loan Repayment on Invoice 100 3
- CTA study material 765
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 475
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 393
- Employment related securities question 307
- AIM Stocks and IHT 279
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 256
- Expat pension contributions? 255
- Trust for Employee 233
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 168
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 146