How good are you at collecting debts?
I have a friend with a small solicitors practice. It is the principal plus three other solicitors. There are three other admin type staff. So four fee earners.
There is difficulty with cash flow and she has asked that I come and have a look at her accounts and debtors.
For this size of practice, what would you say would be an acceptable number of days in debtors? ie Total debtors (say at year end) divided by rough daily turnover.
Would appreciate anyones comments.
- Goodwill complications 74 2
- HMRC Let Property Campaign 1,745 18
- Personal pension 179 3
- Practical Courses - Accounts Prep 82 1
- VAT Registration for locum Doctors 266 7
- IRIS Accounts Production - Dividends shown in P&L? 214 6
- Late Registration for VAT 93 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 980 25
- Gov.UK - can we have HMRC.gov.uk back? 949 26
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,132 12
- property development 257 8
- Registering a company late 163 5
- Business rates consultancy 100 2
- sale of house 627 18
- Corporation tax penalty 1,505 9
- Part Disposal of Freehold 323 13
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 1,813 15
- I've not operated a payroll - will i get charged on late PAYE payments? 360 6
- Are HMRC staff on early 375 5
- Backdated VAT registration claim 133 2
- TheTax Donut 992
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 655
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 611
- Follower cases 474
- Limited company purchase of property 398
- Hive up 397
- corporate hierarchy 372
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 368
- LIVE chat, starting now 302
- AIA or IFA 200