How good are you at collecting debts?
I have a friend with a small solicitors practice. It is the principal plus three other solicitors. There are three other admin type staff. So four fee earners.
There is difficulty with cash flow and she has asked that I come and have a look at her accounts and debtors.
For this size of practice, what would you say would be an acceptable number of days in debtors? ie Total debtors (say at year end) divided by rough daily turnover.
Would appreciate anyones comments.
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 412 5
- Directors loan - no longer a director 189 2
- Why .... 642 8
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 878 9
- NI Contributions in order to claim state pension 517 12
- We contribute a percentage of employees' salaries to a pension scheme set up by them - do we need to get involved in auto-enrolment? 402 5
- PPR for non-residents after 05 Apr 2015 260 6
- Relevant life plan 282 7
- Flat Rate Job Expenses 133 2
- Business Transfer Father to Son 83 1
- Gift between companies 51 1
- Pylon compensation - what am I missing? 440 7
- Annual director payments for a small limited company 311 7
- Jointly owned property 287 6
- Interim Accountants through Ltd co basis 166 1
- Going to miss CT filing deadline 161 2
- Categories on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 282 4
- Flat Rate VAT - reclaiming VAT on Capital Purchase (bought on lease hire) 169 4
- The return 1,022 28
- HMRC Unpaid Debt Collector 568 10
- Possible Partnership? 583
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 495
- New Fangled Penalties 395
- Clubs and Taxable Income 319
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 288
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 244
- Loans to other companies 236
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 206
- Outsource Data Entry 194
- Moving away from CCH software 189