How good are you at collecting debts?
I have a friend with a small solicitors practice. It is the principal plus three other solicitors. There are three other admin type staff. So four fee earners.
There is difficulty with cash flow and she has asked that I come and have a look at her accounts and debtors.
For this size of practice, what would you say would be an acceptable number of days in debtors? ie Total debtors (say at year end) divided by rough daily turnover.
Would appreciate anyones comments.
- Strike off 31 2
- Settlements Legislation - Adult Children as shareholders 17 1
- CIS subcontractor's invoice on QuickFile 114 4
- Gift to son by parents 284 2
- Company investment 43 1
- What is your favourite font? 245 7
- RTI Mess 594 10
- directors loan 488 9
- Why are so many UK accountants reticent to make use of Indian outsourcing providers? 3,548 81
- When to register or not for PAYE 212 2
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 550 23
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 574 8
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 426 6
- Mortgage Interest - Tax Deductible 526 5
- Assets at strike off 176 3
- Business only use of company car 798 29
- Treatment of private ambulances on introduction to business 213 5
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 1,164 34
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,231 30
- New Company reviews please 685 16
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 335
- Any thoughts on Capium? 279
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 268
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 255
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 238
- auto enrolment 214
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 193
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 184
- How to account for investment in JV? 173
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 162