How good are you at collecting debts?
I have a friend with a small solicitors practice. It is the principal plus three other solicitors. There are three other admin type staff. So four fee earners.
There is difficulty with cash flow and she has asked that I come and have a look at her accounts and debtors.
For this size of practice, what would you say would be an acceptable number of days in debtors? ie Total debtors (say at year end) divided by rough daily turnover.
Would appreciate anyones comments.
- flat rate scheme 172 4
- Director's Earnings when Drawing from Goodwill profit from Sole Trading Company sale to Ltd Company 214 2
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 1,966 9
- Company limited by guarantee having only 1 member 131 3
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 473 5
- capital allowances - Demolition of a building 163 2
- Limited by Guarantee - Members 97 1
- VAT refund 321 3
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,285 37
- Turnover on a tax return 553 12
- incorrect old p60 566 15
- Company to buy shareholder land 141 4
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 186 1
- Posting Corp Tax to Sage Line 50 161 1
- Special dividends & CGT 207 1
- Networking 371 5
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 282 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 307 4
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 341 5
- Professional coaching claimable? 299 2