How good are you at collecting debts?
I have a friend with a small solicitors practice. It is the principal plus three other solicitors. There are three other admin type staff. So four fee earners.
There is difficulty with cash flow and she has asked that I come and have a look at her accounts and debtors.
For this size of practice, what would you say would be an acceptable number of days in debtors? ie Total debtors (say at year end) divided by rough daily turnover.
Would appreciate anyones comments.
- Xerocon 2016 1,024 24
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,193 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 244 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 270 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 606 12
- Personal Tax 509 11
- USA Tax Query 184 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,662 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 946 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 306 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 604 18
- Corrupt Excel File 675 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 355 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,982 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 290 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 419 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 184 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 352 4
- last minute request 528 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,256 46