How good are you at collecting debts?
I have a friend with a small solicitors practice. It is the principal plus three other solicitors. There are three other admin type staff. So four fee earners.
There is difficulty with cash flow and she has asked that I come and have a look at her accounts and debtors.
For this size of practice, what would you say would be an acceptable number of days in debtors? ie Total debtors (say at year end) divided by rough daily turnover.
Would appreciate anyones comments.
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 58 1
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 36 1
- Dividend payments to spouses 197 4
- Ltd Company 22 1
- SME Direct Debit 478 10
- Concerned about RTI 2014 1,840 44
- Linux Accounting Software 422 10
- Car leasing 330 15
- HMRC corporation tax software - how to enter negative expense 79 1
- VAT on part of a closed pub 97 5
- Several employments - large tax bill remaining 139 2
- Facebook Management 595 7
- Tax residence 148 4
- Accountant software 354 9
- Capitalising Intellectual Property 75 1
- Pension contributions limits 237 10
- Flat rate vat error 159 3
- Enquiry charge out rates - benchmarking 218 5
- VAT on nightclub vouchers 125 4
- HMRC SPAM AGAIN 336 7
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 681
- CIS to 5/10/13 and HMRC Computer issue 496
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 461
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 281
- How to format a stock book 246
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 203
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 198
- Tax efficient holding company structure 186
- Investment property company accounts template 179
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 171