How good are you at collecting debts?
I have a friend with a small solicitors practice. It is the principal plus three other solicitors. There are three other admin type staff. So four fee earners.
There is difficulty with cash flow and she has asked that I come and have a look at her accounts and debtors.
For this size of practice, what would you say would be an acceptable number of days in debtors? ie Total debtors (say at year end) divided by rough daily turnover.
Would appreciate anyones comments.
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 487 10
- what is classed as investment under other fixed assets? 91 1
- Is a Mercedes Vito a van for tax purposes? 315 5
- private to company car? 153 4
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 923 34
- Wages paid into another persons bank account 568 10
- Does Freeholder have to be director of our RTM Company? 209 13
- Buy to let allowable interest 112 2
- We accountants are not the only ones!! 161 1
- Partner with an IVA 151 5
- Your fondest calculator memories 558 26
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 406 11
- Has been asked before but help needed 262 7
- Anyone having problems with IRIS OpenSpace? 219 6
- Can't understand my own electricity / gas bills 343 13
- Consequential loss claim 79 1
- Does anyone do payrolling of benefits? 141 1
- Sub-contractor provided with a vehicle 250 8
- Sale of an investment between group companies 110 4
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 408 12
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 453
- CTA study material 414
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 300
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 276
- Pre incorp expenses 269
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 239
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 230
- Slight twist on employment related securities 207
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 179
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 175