How good are you at collecting debts?
I have a friend with a small solicitors practice. It is the principal plus three other solicitors. There are three other admin type staff. So four fee earners.
There is difficulty with cash flow and she has asked that I come and have a look at her accounts and debtors.
For this size of practice, what would you say would be an acceptable number of days in debtors? ie Total debtors (say at year end) divided by rough daily turnover.
Would appreciate anyones comments.
- Non VAT invoices 165 4
- Time to ditch Sage? 173 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 251 8
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 158 2
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 287 8
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,372 32
- Fees 187 1
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 246 5
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 206 2
- Form 17 Download 123 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 544 28
- Small hotel - food for personal use 372 4
- HMRC Information notice 988 24
- Recommendations for online payroll software 273 3
- Accountant Specialization. 378 5
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,753 42
- Sage Line 50 174 3
- Off topic slightly - any football fans out there? 195 1
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 456 6
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 401 7
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 759
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 414
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 364
- Electric Car 299
- S222 Charge 245
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 205
- IP trans to holding company 195
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 184
- AIA 180
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 178