How good are you at collecting debts?
I have a friend with a small solicitors practice. It is the principal plus three other solicitors. There are three other admin type staff. So four fee earners.
There is difficulty with cash flow and she has asked that I come and have a look at her accounts and debtors.
For this size of practice, what would you say would be an acceptable number of days in debtors? ie Total debtors (say at year end) divided by rough daily turnover.
Would appreciate anyones comments.
- Share restructure 290 11
- Paperless office question 84 4
- RTI "Reason for submission being late" 365 7
- Warning about Tax Insider (taxinsider.co.uk) 880 5
- Stock Valuation 114 1
- Employment allowance and service companies (outside IR35) 456 14
- How long is filing an FPS meant to take ? 1,882 30
- Corporation tax due and repayable 72 1
- IR35 and working for an EU company 163 2
- Newsletter 215 4
- Business Challenges 491 11
- Do you design it or pick what's out there? 409 10
- £2000 Employment Allowance 252 2
- Is an iPad a taxable benefit? 265 4
- dividends, shares, waivers 1,130 15
- Using a PO Box address 126 4
- Capital Gains Query 158 2
- Late filing fees - worth appealing? 346 2
- Purchase buy-to-let property personally or LTD? 443 7
- Unknown cash receipt 1,635 12
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 719
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 489
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 323
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 320
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 258
- growth voucher supplier 230
- VAT on Gaming Machines 199
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 195
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 162
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 162