How good are you at collecting debts?
I have a friend with a small solicitors practice. It is the principal plus three other solicitors. There are three other admin type staff. So four fee earners.
There is difficulty with cash flow and she has asked that I come and have a look at her accounts and debtors.
For this size of practice, what would you say would be an acceptable number of days in debtors? ie Total debtors (say at year end) divided by rough daily turnover.
Would appreciate anyones comments.
- Company Accounts 356 7
- Construction Industry Scheme Age Limit 18 1
- Sole Trade - Losses B/Fwd 93 7
- Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) 260 17
- Pay-slip date & Pay-ment Date 16 1
- VAT Fuel Scale Charge for Fuel on Private/Personal Car 258 4
- P11D Query 70 3
- Scottish but not UK 139 3
- VAT on introducer fees 45 1
- CIS 292 10
- VAT1 Form- Question 7 195 7
- Lexis Nexis 3 Month Cancellation Notice 212 5
- Any Scottish members out there? 10,035 358
- Complicated freehold purchase and CA 141 2
- Accountancy packages for FRS 102 195 5
- Tax relief on investmement in holding company 84 3
- FRS 102 and loans from a director 367 2
- Pension Contributions Relief 210 7
- Professional Indemnity Insurance 671 18
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,508 7
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,217
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 423
- National Insurance 324
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 318
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 247
- Non Resident 243
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 239
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 217
- Franchise income and costs 216
- Hands on experience of Digita 148