How has 2013 been for you and what are your expectations in 2014 ?
With 2013 coming to a close. What has been the highs and lows ? When you reflect on the last 12 months has it been a good or poor year ?
What do you expect in 2014 ?
For me still being relatively new to being a sole practioner and learning the game.
Built up useful practice knowledge after spending years in industry. Have set the foundation for growth as well as understanding the niche market I would like to aim for.
Picked up some small IT international clients that have good prospects for 2014.
Setting up outsourcing facility in India
Made some useful contact that may bear fruit in 2014 (I hope)
Losing a Major client (as well as an interesting one)
Should have picked up more clients but lacked focus and direction
No strategy on Marketing
Overall it has been good year from a business and personal point of view. Done a lot of travelling and socialising.
For 2014 I do need to pick up many more clients and to concentrate on the marketing. What about you. ?
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 400 4
- Employment support allowance and self employed 132 3
- Company pays me the mileage rate of a company vehicle 105 1
- Registered Office 155 3
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,485 23
- recovery of S455 on informal winding 314 5
- Partnership Registration 113 2
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 909 36
- Owners loan to business - is interest taxable 115 2
- Would this save hours of your time? 692 12
- Audit Required 1,187 22
- HMRC to sell our tax data to private companies 311 9
- Residential Management Companies 95 2
- Value pricing 2,860 37
- Problems with CT600 filing 400 5
- Flat rate scheme - which rate to use? 397 11
- Payroll software for Mac 124 1
- Online / Cloud Data Back Up 124 2
- Excel problem - pivot tables and multiple data sources 218 5
- CIS and Close Company 209 6
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 947
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 661
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 404
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 334
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 263
- Paye procedures for CVA 252
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 251
- Expenses Re-imbursed on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 201
- Compliance Checks - Time limits 194
- Pension Fixed Protection 189