How has 2013 been for you and what are your expectations in 2014 ?
With 2013 coming to a close. What has been the highs and lows ? When you reflect on the last 12 months has it been a good or poor year ?
What do you expect in 2014 ?
For me still being relatively new to being a sole practioner and learning the game.
Built up useful practice knowledge after spending years in industry. Have set the foundation for growth as well as understanding the niche market I would like to aim for.
Picked up some small IT international clients that have good prospects for 2014.
Setting up outsourcing facility in India
Made some useful contact that may bear fruit in 2014 (I hope)
Losing a Major client (as well as an interesting one)
Should have picked up more clients but lacked focus and direction
No strategy on Marketing
Overall it has been good year from a business and personal point of view. Done a lot of travelling and socialising.
For 2014 I do need to pick up many more clients and to concentrate on the marketing. What about you. ?
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,183 47
- What happens to the director's loan if the company was to go into liquidation? 53 1
- Telephone call from "Xero" 431 5
- Error on SA Tax Return 122 3
- dividend 169 10
- Purchase of shares in a Limited Company 128 5
- Repairs or Improvement? 255 5
- Credit Card Payment - What are we required to do? 181 3
- Irish Taxation 145 4
- Now the phishers have baited their hooks with SAGE 319 2
- Self assessment tax arrears 517 6
- Drector renting room to company 104 1
- Off site storage 161 5
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 601 6
- Anyone know about Cloud-Based Practice Management Software? 254 7
- Industrial & Provident Societies 350 1
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 243 3
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 335 4
- Self assesment losses 324 8
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 180 3
- Xtuple 568
- Qtac payroll for bureau 388
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 343
- Domain name sale and limited company 234
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 212
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 210
- Investment 207
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 183
- Tax on damages received 182
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 152