How to leverage contact list
I am in practice for a few months and want to up the ante on my marketing.
I have recently set up Google Apps for Business and in the process have consolidated my contacts from various different sources. I have over 600 contacts, most of whom I have met in real life. Others have connected through LinkedIn etc. I've done a lot of networking over the years and I also have quite a few ex-colleagues.
While I would love to add all these names to my newsletter list or send them all a mailshot, this smells like spam to me. I've received plenty of newsletters that I didn't subscribe to and it drives me crazy. However, if someone was to send me a personal email, I wouldn't mind. 600 personal emails would take forever but it may be possible to segment the list and send a slightly different email to each.
I'm doing some research on the best way to write an email like this to capture the recipient's attention, have a clear call to action, not to seem just like any other accountant and not to seem desperate!
Has anyone tried something like this before? Was it successful? I saw from a previous post that someone sent a letter to their 50 closest contacts (Nifty 50) and it worked well. This would be an extension of this to contacts which aren't as close.
Would you consider it spam to receive an email from a contact you met a few years ago?
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 327 4
- Charge for tax returns 628 11
- Real time 242 3
- Company Number 10000000 1,071 14
- Childcare voucher scheme for a director earning the minimum amount 398 14
- Reimbursing director travel costs 189 1
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,868 42
- When to top-up pensions? 267 3
- Coming off flat rate VAT 219 1
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 208 6
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 754 14
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 826 1
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 505 10
- Withdrawal of a quote 539 7
- Opt To Tax Refund 276 3
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 268 5
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 640 15
- Support / ticketing software 349 11
- Are Tax Agents designed out of online systems? 368 3
- Imported goods and VAT 184 1
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 475
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 291
- DTA tie-breaker issue 282
- CGT for NOn UK residents 246
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 222
- Apprenticeship Levy 221
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 214
- Just checking re PSA 199
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 198
- Capital Gains personal representatives 198