How to leverage contact list
I am in practice for a few months and want to up the ante on my marketing.
I have recently set up Google Apps for Business and in the process have consolidated my contacts from various different sources. I have over 600 contacts, most of whom I have met in real life. Others have connected through LinkedIn etc. I've done a lot of networking over the years and I also have quite a few ex-colleagues.
While I would love to add all these names to my newsletter list or send them all a mailshot, this smells like spam to me. I've received plenty of newsletters that I didn't subscribe to and it drives me crazy. However, if someone was to send me a personal email, I wouldn't mind. 600 personal emails would take forever but it may be possible to segment the list and send a slightly different email to each.
I'm doing some research on the best way to write an email like this to capture the recipient's attention, have a clear call to action, not to seem just like any other accountant and not to seem desperate!
Has anyone tried something like this before? Was it successful? I saw from a previous post that someone sent a letter to their 50 closest contacts (Nifty 50) and it worked well. This would be an extension of this to contacts which aren't as close.
Would you consider it spam to receive an email from a contact you met a few years ago?
- Clarification over - VAT Box 8 - Flat rate scheme 98 4
- Taxfiler - is it really good? 60 1
- Capital Gains Tax 72 3
- Real names 390 14
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 120 1
- Peer to Peer lending 74 4
- Well well well 185 1
- Dividend payment date 1,826 32
- Use of aliases 695 19
- Any Benefit in Kind when obliged to attend a dinner? 127 1
- Accounting Crew 883 20
- What's the plural? 621 13
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 300 12
- Splitting hairs with a national firm 478 5
- What are options for non CA firm 1,376 17
- No VAT returns submitted since registration 86 1
- Capital allowances 202 4
- Who owns the data 131 1
- Builder - Roll over relief 374 16
- Studying accountant has hit a brick wall - help me! 2,115 19
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 566
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 427
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 325
- IFA incorporation 300
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 291
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 281
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 246
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 233
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 222
- Sorry ignore me 208