How to leverage contact list
I am in practice for a few months and want to up the ante on my marketing.
I have recently set up Google Apps for Business and in the process have consolidated my contacts from various different sources. I have over 600 contacts, most of whom I have met in real life. Others have connected through LinkedIn etc. I've done a lot of networking over the years and I also have quite a few ex-colleagues.
While I would love to add all these names to my newsletter list or send them all a mailshot, this smells like spam to me. I've received plenty of newsletters that I didn't subscribe to and it drives me crazy. However, if someone was to send me a personal email, I wouldn't mind. 600 personal emails would take forever but it may be possible to segment the list and send a slightly different email to each.
I'm doing some research on the best way to write an email like this to capture the recipient's attention, have a clear call to action, not to seem just like any other accountant and not to seem desperate!
Has anyone tried something like this before? Was it successful? I saw from a previous post that someone sent a letter to their 50 closest contacts (Nifty 50) and it worked well. This would be an extension of this to contacts which aren't as close.
Would you consider it spam to receive an email from a contact you met a few years ago?
- Dividend in specie 23 1
- cost of moving out for a few weeks 152 6
- Accounting Practice acting as an employment agency 76 1
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 77 2
- Tax question about small group and how to set up 144 4
- OBK 465 18
- Withholding Tax - Invoicing Ecuador 147 4
- Flat Rate Scheme - Joining date 67 1
- Auto-Enrolment 3,670 175
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,731 26
- Sage error message 137 2
- Partially exempt? 157 5
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 491 5
- Mileage claim 232 9
- Proof of Delivery 240 8
- What is 'an asset' for A/A+B CGT? 99 4
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 524 1
- Difference of Sales Invoices and Bank receipts for Sales 345 8
- VAT on converted property having opted to tax 230 9
- Property expense - legal fees 162 3
- Skandia using wrong address 461
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 269
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 254
- Employee rewards 253
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 216
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 207
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 204
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 188
- Etax Australian 161
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 149