How to leverage contact list
I am in practice for a few months and want to up the ante on my marketing.
I have recently set up Google Apps for Business and in the process have consolidated my contacts from various different sources. I have over 600 contacts, most of whom I have met in real life. Others have connected through LinkedIn etc. I've done a lot of networking over the years and I also have quite a few ex-colleagues.
While I would love to add all these names to my newsletter list or send them all a mailshot, this smells like spam to me. I've received plenty of newsletters that I didn't subscribe to and it drives me crazy. However, if someone was to send me a personal email, I wouldn't mind. 600 personal emails would take forever but it may be possible to segment the list and send a slightly different email to each.
I'm doing some research on the best way to write an email like this to capture the recipient's attention, have a clear call to action, not to seem just like any other accountant and not to seem desperate!
Has anyone tried something like this before? Was it successful? I saw from a previous post that someone sent a letter to their 50 closest contacts (Nifty 50) and it worked well. This would be an extension of this to contacts which aren't as close.
Would you consider it spam to receive an email from a contact you met a few years ago?
- PITA client 423 5
- R&D tax credit claim 279 7
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 626 10
- One off meeting new client 1,178 10
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 1,199 20
- Child tax credits 117 2
- Deaf clients 597 6
- rental income since 2003 106 1
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,678 29
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 406 10
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,248 54
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 542 12
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 90 1
- Estate agent and VAT registration 237 4
- Sole-trader renting commmercial property from himself & spouse. 224 4
- Peer to Peer lending 1,076 8
- Small company audit 348 9
- Should VAT be charged when land is transferred as part of a TOGC 125 2
- CIC Company 506 6
- Sage Starting Again As Records are in a mess 282 4
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 614
- Cancelled 358
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 339
- Cancelled 293
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 269
- Probiz 259
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 216
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 206
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 193
- Car leasing scheme 193