How to leverage contact list
I am in practice for a few months and want to up the ante on my marketing.
I have recently set up Google Apps for Business and in the process have consolidated my contacts from various different sources. I have over 600 contacts, most of whom I have met in real life. Others have connected through LinkedIn etc. I've done a lot of networking over the years and I also have quite a few ex-colleagues.
While I would love to add all these names to my newsletter list or send them all a mailshot, this smells like spam to me. I've received plenty of newsletters that I didn't subscribe to and it drives me crazy. However, if someone was to send me a personal email, I wouldn't mind. 600 personal emails would take forever but it may be possible to segment the list and send a slightly different email to each.
I'm doing some research on the best way to write an email like this to capture the recipient's attention, have a clear call to action, not to seem just like any other accountant and not to seem desperate!
Has anyone tried something like this before? Was it successful? I saw from a previous post that someone sent a letter to their 50 closest contacts (Nifty 50) and it worked well. This would be an extension of this to contacts which aren't as close.
Would you consider it spam to receive an email from a contact you met a few years ago?
- Self assessment tax arrears 493 6
- Credit Card Payment - What are we required to do? 87 2
- Error on SA Tax Return 47 1
- Drector renting room to company 45 1
- Off site storage 122 5
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 564 6
- Anyone know about Cloud-Based Practice Management Software? 223 7
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,117 44
- Industrial & Provident Societies 341 1
- Irish Taxation 112 2
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 214 3
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 309 4
- Self assesment losses 300 8
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 161 3
- Garden studio - tax and VAT deductible? 162 1
- CT treatment of staff entertainment for overseas staff 109 2
- Joint Property rent 165 3
- Now the phishers have baited their hooks with SAGE 259 1
- Fee protection 896 16
- Overdrawn DLA 282 9
- Xtuple 561
- Qtac payroll for bureau 384
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 338
- Domain name sale and limited company 227
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 209
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 205
- Investment 203
- Tax on damages received 177
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 170
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 142