How to leverage contact list
I am in practice for a few months and want to up the ante on my marketing.
I have recently set up Google Apps for Business and in the process have consolidated my contacts from various different sources. I have over 600 contacts, most of whom I have met in real life. Others have connected through LinkedIn etc. I've done a lot of networking over the years and I also have quite a few ex-colleagues.
While I would love to add all these names to my newsletter list or send them all a mailshot, this smells like spam to me. I've received plenty of newsletters that I didn't subscribe to and it drives me crazy. However, if someone was to send me a personal email, I wouldn't mind. 600 personal emails would take forever but it may be possible to segment the list and send a slightly different email to each.
I'm doing some research on the best way to write an email like this to capture the recipient's attention, have a clear call to action, not to seem just like any other accountant and not to seem desperate!
Has anyone tried something like this before? Was it successful? I saw from a previous post that someone sent a letter to their 50 closest contacts (Nifty 50) and it worked well. This would be an extension of this to contacts which aren't as close.
Would you consider it spam to receive an email from a contact you met a few years ago?
- Freelance/Employee 88 4
- Moneysoft - technical query 535 17
- Profit split from an investment property 224 7
- VAT - How hard is it? 795 29
- The importance of Grammar 1,404 44
- VAT & Offshore Companies 258 7
- VAT and customer entertaining 259 4
- tax saving on card points 279 7
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 296 6
- Hold on a minute (pun intended) 1,316 11
- Xero Pain Points 571 18
- supply teachers working through Ltd co 194 2
- Best way to draw a salary? 723 12
- PI cover 256 4
- 2014/15 Tax calculation spread sheet 977 15
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,484 39
- Tax Implications on Child Benefits 222 1
- IRIS OpenSpace won't upload CT600 properly 282 6
- Capital Allowances and CGT interaction 274 9
- Scissors 915 24
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 376
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 333
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 314
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 301
- Electric Car 251
- S222 Charge 220
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 216
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 202
- Company Structure 197
- Does anyone know the name and postal address of HMRC's Data controller? 187