How to leverage contact list
I am in practice for a few months and want to up the ante on my marketing.
I have recently set up Google Apps for Business and in the process have consolidated my contacts from various different sources. I have over 600 contacts, most of whom I have met in real life. Others have connected through LinkedIn etc. I've done a lot of networking over the years and I also have quite a few ex-colleagues.
While I would love to add all these names to my newsletter list or send them all a mailshot, this smells like spam to me. I've received plenty of newsletters that I didn't subscribe to and it drives me crazy. However, if someone was to send me a personal email, I wouldn't mind. 600 personal emails would take forever but it may be possible to segment the list and send a slightly different email to each.
I'm doing some research on the best way to write an email like this to capture the recipient's attention, have a clear call to action, not to seem just like any other accountant and not to seem desperate!
Has anyone tried something like this before? Was it successful? I saw from a previous post that someone sent a letter to their 50 closest contacts (Nifty 50) and it worked well. This would be an extension of this to contacts which aren't as close.
Would you consider it spam to receive an email from a contact you met a few years ago?
- CGT on selling company shares 188 8
- transfer of invesments from company name to individual 119 2
- Moneysoft Payroll 658 16
- Companies House Search 351 4
- Property gift to sister 276 8
- do i need an online accounting software 137 3
- VAT dergistration confirmation? 83 2
- Letter saying client is IR35 compliant 380 4
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 1,679 28
- VAT Triangulation Service UK - UK - EC 160 3
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 2,609 28
- Who gets the CGT deduction 288 4
- Buying a company for £20,000 from owner how it works? 650 9
- VAT training 388 4
- Mixing up NI numbers under RTI 286 7
- 31st october deadline 403 6
- RTI Late Registration query 159 1
- Treatment of one-off payments to non-employees 269 2
- Payroll software 210 1
- Accounting for display stands 294 7
- NHS finance professionals 716
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 431
- Foreign Pension Contribution 407
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 390
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 388
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 346
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 308
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 292
- Incorporating doctors 230
- IFA income recognition & reporting 229