How to leverage contact list
I am in practice for a few months and want to up the ante on my marketing.
I have recently set up Google Apps for Business and in the process have consolidated my contacts from various different sources. I have over 600 contacts, most of whom I have met in real life. Others have connected through LinkedIn etc. I've done a lot of networking over the years and I also have quite a few ex-colleagues.
While I would love to add all these names to my newsletter list or send them all a mailshot, this smells like spam to me. I've received plenty of newsletters that I didn't subscribe to and it drives me crazy. However, if someone was to send me a personal email, I wouldn't mind. 600 personal emails would take forever but it may be possible to segment the list and send a slightly different email to each.
I'm doing some research on the best way to write an email like this to capture the recipient's attention, have a clear call to action, not to seem just like any other accountant and not to seem desperate!
Has anyone tried something like this before? Was it successful? I saw from a previous post that someone sent a letter to their 50 closest contacts (Nifty 50) and it worked well. This would be an extension of this to contacts which aren't as close.
Would you consider it spam to receive an email from a contact you met a few years ago?
- When do we qualify for state pension? 79 2
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 89 4
- BTC vs Digita 946 29
- Seeking a tax case 201 8
- How much to charge for payroll? 696 15
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 244 4
- See you all on the other side 185 5
- VATABLE Income 170 3
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 100 2
- Different Filing Dates - Help! 242 7
- What are we calling cloud now? 385 6
- P11D software 68 1
- Write off of loans FROM participators 437 9
- VAT - business splitting 225 3
- Income tax or Capital gains tax? 578 16
- RTI - how to correct HMRC's error 401 7
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 944 16
- Jersey - VAT 107 2
- how to file Late annual Accounts for dormant company ? 293 5
- Flat rate Vat Scheme for a Welder 128 2
- HMRC Joint Filing 520
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 389
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 350
- IRIS and FRS 102 323
- USA help 279
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 242
- Capital gains on rental property 223
- Sage Coretime 210
- Capitalising Finance Lease 209
- PILON Foreign Service Exemption ITEPA 2003 S414 185