How to leverage contact list
I am in practice for a few months and want to up the ante on my marketing.
I have recently set up Google Apps for Business and in the process have consolidated my contacts from various different sources. I have over 600 contacts, most of whom I have met in real life. Others have connected through LinkedIn etc. I've done a lot of networking over the years and I also have quite a few ex-colleagues.
While I would love to add all these names to my newsletter list or send them all a mailshot, this smells like spam to me. I've received plenty of newsletters that I didn't subscribe to and it drives me crazy. However, if someone was to send me a personal email, I wouldn't mind. 600 personal emails would take forever but it may be possible to segment the list and send a slightly different email to each.
I'm doing some research on the best way to write an email like this to capture the recipient's attention, have a clear call to action, not to seem just like any other accountant and not to seem desperate!
Has anyone tried something like this before? Was it successful? I saw from a previous post that someone sent a letter to their 50 closest contacts (Nifty 50) and it worked well. This would be an extension of this to contacts which aren't as close.
Would you consider it spam to receive an email from a contact you met a few years ago?
- Are clients getting more stupid? 1,369 23
- accounting for this transaction 352 3
- Gift Aid 202 5
- Sage payroll alternatives 432 6
- do i have to register new ltd practice as tax agent? 198 3
- Married Couples Allowance wasted? 224 2
- Compliance check 573 16
- Capital gain? 188 4
- Interest paid to non-UK company - Deduction 125 3
- international employer please help!! 105 2
- Is there capital gains tax for selling a church? 374 5
- Tax Avoidance 223 1
- When to include value of import in Box 7 93 2
- sole trader accountant 885 15
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 465 10
- CGT 178 2
- employer pension contributions - OMB company 188 2
- Accounts production software license expiry & possible alternatives 353 7
- Construction Industry Allowable expenses 297 8
- Recharge for private use of a company car 369 8
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,095
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 784
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 470
- Digita Hosted Software 283
- Call Centre Data Costs 253
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 234
- Credit where credit's due....... 229
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 212
- Director phone costs 159
- RTI overpayments gap 154