How to leverage contact list
I am in practice for a few months and want to up the ante on my marketing.
I have recently set up Google Apps for Business and in the process have consolidated my contacts from various different sources. I have over 600 contacts, most of whom I have met in real life. Others have connected through LinkedIn etc. I've done a lot of networking over the years and I also have quite a few ex-colleagues.
While I would love to add all these names to my newsletter list or send them all a mailshot, this smells like spam to me. I've received plenty of newsletters that I didn't subscribe to and it drives me crazy. However, if someone was to send me a personal email, I wouldn't mind. 600 personal emails would take forever but it may be possible to segment the list and send a slightly different email to each.
I'm doing some research on the best way to write an email like this to capture the recipient's attention, have a clear call to action, not to seem just like any other accountant and not to seem desperate!
Has anyone tried something like this before? Was it successful? I saw from a previous post that someone sent a letter to their 50 closest contacts (Nifty 50) and it worked well. This would be an extension of this to contacts which aren't as close.
Would you consider it spam to receive an email from a contact you met a few years ago?
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 106 2
- flat rate scheme 1,907 38
- Time to react ? ? ? 249 2
- which accounts package for busy hairdressers? 115 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 630 9
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 122 3
- Company Share Buy Back 117 2
- Charitable Payment 205 4
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 924 15
- Unpaid share capital 253 3
- Company car in the LLP 180 2
- Physiotherapy 339 4
- New build property to be rented 171 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,883 52
- Hello 360 2
- Sage 200 question 114 1
- Spanish Assets taxation - UK Residence 107 2
- Ltd Co and Fully Paid Shares 181 5
- RTI and Advances to Employees 184 3
- Sorry - another PPR question 220 4