How to leverage contact list
I am in practice for a few months and want to up the ante on my marketing.
I have recently set up Google Apps for Business and in the process have consolidated my contacts from various different sources. I have over 600 contacts, most of whom I have met in real life. Others have connected through LinkedIn etc. I've done a lot of networking over the years and I also have quite a few ex-colleagues.
While I would love to add all these names to my newsletter list or send them all a mailshot, this smells like spam to me. I've received plenty of newsletters that I didn't subscribe to and it drives me crazy. However, if someone was to send me a personal email, I wouldn't mind. 600 personal emails would take forever but it may be possible to segment the list and send a slightly different email to each.
I'm doing some research on the best way to write an email like this to capture the recipient's attention, have a clear call to action, not to seem just like any other accountant and not to seem desperate!
Has anyone tried something like this before? Was it successful? I saw from a previous post that someone sent a letter to their 50 closest contacts (Nifty 50) and it worked well. This would be an extension of this to contacts which aren't as close.
Would you consider it spam to receive an email from a contact you met a few years ago?
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 172 2
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 69 2
- Director's tax return 151 3
- Tricky VAT question 74 1
- Wrong career 356 15
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 84 2
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 200 6
- VT accounts licence key 196 5
- Weely paid employees 187 2
- Splitting the tax year 56 1
- FPS Submission 100 2
- PTP software disaster 170 1
- Value pricing 625 20
- non resident receiving UK dividends 194 3
- P11d & Medical Ins 105 1
- vat return 208 1
- Underpaid National Insurance 159 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,957 31
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 158 3
- reporting salary? 248 5
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 781
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 536
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 405
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 287
- Free Tax Legislation? 242
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 231
- Director Loan account operation 225
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 221
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 217
- Paye procedures for CVA 155