How to leverage contact list
I am in practice for a few months and want to up the ante on my marketing.
I have recently set up Google Apps for Business and in the process have consolidated my contacts from various different sources. I have over 600 contacts, most of whom I have met in real life. Others have connected through LinkedIn etc. I've done a lot of networking over the years and I also have quite a few ex-colleagues.
While I would love to add all these names to my newsletter list or send them all a mailshot, this smells like spam to me. I've received plenty of newsletters that I didn't subscribe to and it drives me crazy. However, if someone was to send me a personal email, I wouldn't mind. 600 personal emails would take forever but it may be possible to segment the list and send a slightly different email to each.
I'm doing some research on the best way to write an email like this to capture the recipient's attention, have a clear call to action, not to seem just like any other accountant and not to seem desperate!
Has anyone tried something like this before? Was it successful? I saw from a previous post that someone sent a letter to their 50 closest contacts (Nifty 50) and it worked well. This would be an extension of this to contacts which aren't as close.
Would you consider it spam to receive an email from a contact you met a few years ago?
- Buy to let and capitak gain 106 3
- Busines software 79 2
- Goods Purchased for Rental 146 5
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 288 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 287 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 455 10
- are receipts needed? 593 16
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 265 3
- Bookkeping software 704 7
- Clogged Losses 273 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 251 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 647 10
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 306 7
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 258 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 116 1
- General tax book with planning 251 5
- Anybody heard of Geniac, the new De Lorean? 191 3
- tax on apprenticeship income 200 1
- Gift of property & improvements 156 3
- VAT Invoice 213 6
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 906
- International interest certificate 519
- NOVA 369
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 316
- Management expenses for investment company 272
- Bonus Bonds 264
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 179
- P11D benefit received by widow 158
- EXACT ONLINE 152
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 149