How to leverage contact list
I am in practice for a few months and want to up the ante on my marketing.
I have recently set up Google Apps for Business and in the process have consolidated my contacts from various different sources. I have over 600 contacts, most of whom I have met in real life. Others have connected through LinkedIn etc. I've done a lot of networking over the years and I also have quite a few ex-colleagues.
While I would love to add all these names to my newsletter list or send them all a mailshot, this smells like spam to me. I've received plenty of newsletters that I didn't subscribe to and it drives me crazy. However, if someone was to send me a personal email, I wouldn't mind. 600 personal emails would take forever but it may be possible to segment the list and send a slightly different email to each.
I'm doing some research on the best way to write an email like this to capture the recipient's attention, have a clear call to action, not to seem just like any other accountant and not to seem desperate!
Has anyone tried something like this before? Was it successful? I saw from a previous post that someone sent a letter to their 50 closest contacts (Nifty 50) and it worked well. This would be an extension of this to contacts which aren't as close.
Would you consider it spam to receive an email from a contact you met a few years ago?
- Do I need to pay my accountant 823 11
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 1,091 12
- LLP members transfer to limited companies. 100 1
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 642 20
- Audit 87 1
- carry back of gift aid 167 3
- Employee to move to Isle of Man 290 8
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 473 13
- Awkward IP 1,158 12
- What's in a name ? 939 8
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 842 10
- Negligible value - JJB Sports 176 1
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 553 11
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 230 3
- Should everyone be entitled to a personal allowance 378 6
- Potentially dodgy client 397 3
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 559 28
- Entrepeneurs relief 455 18
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 399 9
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 543 23
- CTA study material 783
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 484
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 425
- Employment related securities question 313
- AIM Stocks and IHT 290
- Expat pension contributions? 267
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 264
- Trust for Employee 247
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 200
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 151