How to leverage contact list
I am in practice for a few months and want to up the ante on my marketing.
I have recently set up Google Apps for Business and in the process have consolidated my contacts from various different sources. I have over 600 contacts, most of whom I have met in real life. Others have connected through LinkedIn etc. I've done a lot of networking over the years and I also have quite a few ex-colleagues.
While I would love to add all these names to my newsletter list or send them all a mailshot, this smells like spam to me. I've received plenty of newsletters that I didn't subscribe to and it drives me crazy. However, if someone was to send me a personal email, I wouldn't mind. 600 personal emails would take forever but it may be possible to segment the list and send a slightly different email to each.
I'm doing some research on the best way to write an email like this to capture the recipient's attention, have a clear call to action, not to seem just like any other accountant and not to seem desperate!
Has anyone tried something like this before? Was it successful? I saw from a previous post that someone sent a letter to their 50 closest contacts (Nifty 50) and it worked well. This would be an extension of this to contacts which aren't as close.
Would you consider it spam to receive an email from a contact you met a few years ago?
- RTI lost some data on laptop packing up!! 31 1
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 218 4
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 135 2
- Does This Company Need To File A Tax Return 125 1
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 177 5
- Who's going to the next Tick & Bash? 304 4
- HMRC computer behind the times 117 2
- fraud 392 1
- Optimum salary for directors appointed part way through the year 209 3
- Which purchase date should I consider in the asset register 191 2
- UK property, split year non-UK reisdent help 98 1
- VAT on employee loan 361 6
- Interest, surcharges and interest on late payment of tax 160 3
- Travel expenses from Spain to the UK - tax deductible ? 307 9
- Auto enrolment 1,500 14
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 178 3
- Client's company struck off 625 17
- Extension of lease in flat management company 124 1
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 217 7
- Does a building subcontractor charge VAT on his labour on a new-build? 360 9
- QROP pension input amounts 473
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 434
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 411
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 261
- EPS and CIS deductions 253
- Construction CIS LLP Company 244
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 208
- SAGE winforecast 176
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 169
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 160