How to leverage contact list
I am in practice for a few months and want to up the ante on my marketing.
I have recently set up Google Apps for Business and in the process have consolidated my contacts from various different sources. I have over 600 contacts, most of whom I have met in real life. Others have connected through LinkedIn etc. I've done a lot of networking over the years and I also have quite a few ex-colleagues.
While I would love to add all these names to my newsletter list or send them all a mailshot, this smells like spam to me. I've received plenty of newsletters that I didn't subscribe to and it drives me crazy. However, if someone was to send me a personal email, I wouldn't mind. 600 personal emails would take forever but it may be possible to segment the list and send a slightly different email to each.
I'm doing some research on the best way to write an email like this to capture the recipient's attention, have a clear call to action, not to seem just like any other accountant and not to seem desperate!
Has anyone tried something like this before? Was it successful? I saw from a previous post that someone sent a letter to their 50 closest contacts (Nifty 50) and it worked well. This would be an extension of this to contacts which aren't as close.
Would you consider it spam to receive an email from a contact you met a few years ago?
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 978 29
- Accounts submitted to a the charities comission 55 1
- Project being run jointly 186 3
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 297 4
- Companies House 585 9
- Dress code 358 12
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 118 1
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 317 11
- Where to start to get any of jobs in Finance and Accounting Industry 721 9
- How much did you pay for your website 1,424 25
- What would you do in this situation? 601 13
- Help Required 384 10
- directors control and tax problems 249 5
- Fastest Software 796 13
- What's in a name ? 357 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 277 4
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 461 15
- Bulk Invoicing 186 6
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 171 3
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 255 2
- CTA study material 712
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 434
- Employment related securities question 273
- AIM Stocks and IHT 251
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 207
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 203
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax consultancy 2014 201
- Expat pension contributions? 194
- Trust for Employee 192
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 164