How to make 'friends' pay their fees
I recently had a 'friend' who would just not pay his fees. Whenever I gave him an invoice he said 'I will put this in my back pocket to remind me to pay it'
Needless to say he never did.
I took him to court and was awarded a decree against him, but he simply went bankrupt.
An AIB was appointed, and though it has been claimed that most creditors are unhappy with the results achieved by them, I would say I am more than unhappy.
It has taken him many months to establish the ownership of the residential house, in his name, his wife's name. or joint names.
But the final straw was when I learned that the bankrupt had taken certain assets of the business home with him for 'safe keeping' If he did this on his own, this should amount to theft. If he did it with the knowledge of the AIB, then I would feel that this is contrary to the ethics which state that an AIB should act in the best interests of creditors.
Have any members comments to make on this.
Finally, I would state that this had been a hard lesson, and all my contracts now state that no filing of any kind, wages, VAT or accounts will take place until all accounts rendered have been settled, and cheques cleared through the bank. There are no friends in business.
- GP - Do I have to provide tax advice 72 2
- Group Audits 105 1
- VAT Invoice 274 7
- VAT on sale of an Asset 135 1
- Cash in Hand 233 3
- Buy to let and capitak gain 224 5
- are receipts needed? 652 17
- SA302's anyone?? 640 18
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 349 8
- High value residential property - SDLT 15% 180 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 368 12
- Busines software 220 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 228 6
- Converting a barn for business use 196 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 329 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 339 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 507 10
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 364 3
- Bookkeping software 749 7
- Clogged Losses 297 5
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 913
- International interest certificate 527
- NOVA 376
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 341
- Management expenses for investment company 280
- Bonus Bonds 279
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 189
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 178
- EXACT ONLINE 174
- P11D benefit received by widow 171