How to make 'friends' pay their fees
I recently had a 'friend' who would just not pay his fees. Whenever I gave him an invoice he said 'I will put this in my back pocket to remind me to pay it'
Needless to say he never did.
I took him to court and was awarded a decree against him, but he simply went bankrupt.
An AIB was appointed, and though it has been claimed that most creditors are unhappy with the results achieved by them, I would say I am more than unhappy.
It has taken him many months to establish the ownership of the residential house, in his name, his wife's name. or joint names.
But the final straw was when I learned that the bankrupt had taken certain assets of the business home with him for 'safe keeping' If he did this on his own, this should amount to theft. If he did it with the knowledge of the AIB, then I would feel that this is contrary to the ethics which state that an AIB should act in the best interests of creditors.
Have any members comments to make on this.
Finally, I would state that this had been a hard lesson, and all my contracts now state that no filing of any kind, wages, VAT or accounts will take place until all accounts rendered have been settled, and cheques cleared through the bank. There are no friends in business.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 563 5
- See you all on the other side 657 6
- 12Pay 409 2
- dividends 549 2
- R&D 296 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,149 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 428 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 378 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 347 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 527 5
- Seeking a tax case 617 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 477 4
- Companies house strike off 493 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 396 2
- Moving to the cloud 723 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 207 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 876 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 196 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,080 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 473 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 552
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 416
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 365
- IRIS and FRS 102 350
- Capitalising Finance Lease 314
- USA help 312
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 290
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 280
- Capital gains on rental property 257
- Marginal rates of tax 255