How to make 'friends' pay their fees
I recently had a 'friend' who would just not pay his fees. Whenever I gave him an invoice he said 'I will put this in my back pocket to remind me to pay it'
Needless to say he never did.
I took him to court and was awarded a decree against him, but he simply went bankrupt.
An AIB was appointed, and though it has been claimed that most creditors are unhappy with the results achieved by them, I would say I am more than unhappy.
It has taken him many months to establish the ownership of the residential house, in his name, his wife's name. or joint names.
But the final straw was when I learned that the bankrupt had taken certain assets of the business home with him for 'safe keeping' If he did this on his own, this should amount to theft. If he did it with the knowledge of the AIB, then I would feel that this is contrary to the ethics which state that an AIB should act in the best interests of creditors.
Have any members comments to make on this.
Finally, I would state that this had been a hard lesson, and all my contracts now state that no filing of any kind, wages, VAT or accounts will take place until all accounts rendered have been settled, and cheques cleared through the bank. There are no friends in business.
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 71 9
- VAT & capitalising 27 1
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 233 5
- Limited Company keeping receipts 165 2
- Free Shares ? 218 2
- Is this a scam? 517 7
- Rental property: expenses when up for sale and not let 286 7
- Sorry ignore me 850 23
- How do I calculate the VAT due (cash basis) on receipts which suffer a cis deduction? 258 6
- Invoice Help 173 4
- Purchase of freehold by flat management company 131 1
- Employee overpaid who has left 185 3
- Peer to Peer lending 847 9
- VAT B2B V's Reverse Charge 96 2
- VAT On Conference Sponsorship 205 4
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 278 6
- reliable alternative to registered ofice required 244 5
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,250 17
- Childcare for clients 200 1
- One off meeting new client 575 9
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 619
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 528
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 291
- Cancelled 280
- Cancelled 242
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 187
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 185
- Probiz 166
- What's the market like for temps? 161
- Married woman dies owning marital home 155