How to make 'friends' pay their fees
I recently had a 'friend' who would just not pay his fees. Whenever I gave him an invoice he said 'I will put this in my back pocket to remind me to pay it'
Needless to say he never did.
I took him to court and was awarded a decree against him, but he simply went bankrupt.
An AIB was appointed, and though it has been claimed that most creditors are unhappy with the results achieved by them, I would say I am more than unhappy.
It has taken him many months to establish the ownership of the residential house, in his name, his wife's name. or joint names.
But the final straw was when I learned that the bankrupt had taken certain assets of the business home with him for 'safe keeping' If he did this on his own, this should amount to theft. If he did it with the knowledge of the AIB, then I would feel that this is contrary to the ethics which state that an AIB should act in the best interests of creditors.
Have any members comments to make on this.
Finally, I would state that this had been a hard lesson, and all my contracts now state that no filing of any kind, wages, VAT or accounts will take place until all accounts rendered have been settled, and cheques cleared through the bank. There are no friends in business.
- Incorporated when they should not have 140 6
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 56 2
- Tax position re this lease? 329 8
- Reasonable excuse for not filing returns....Death? 290 5
- AWeb - download file 76 2
- pension paid by company? 298 8
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 713 17
- Late annual return 85 1
- Charity work 193 10
- Company Director In Prison 341 8
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 206 12
- HMRC Agents Line 90 2
- Managing Employee Expenses 167 6
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,674 60
- inheritance tax 558 14
- donations to school via self employed business (registered charity) 155 5
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 63 1
- Do I need a smartphone? 618 21
- SA Agent's Priority Line 157 5
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 774 24
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 671
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 495
- Cancelled 423
- Cancelled 361
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 360
- Probiz 332
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 321
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 241
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 213
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 196