How to make 'friends' pay their fees
I recently had a 'friend' who would just not pay his fees. Whenever I gave him an invoice he said 'I will put this in my back pocket to remind me to pay it'
Needless to say he never did.
I took him to court and was awarded a decree against him, but he simply went bankrupt.
An AIB was appointed, and though it has been claimed that most creditors are unhappy with the results achieved by them, I would say I am more than unhappy.
It has taken him many months to establish the ownership of the residential house, in his name, his wife's name. or joint names.
But the final straw was when I learned that the bankrupt had taken certain assets of the business home with him for 'safe keeping' If he did this on his own, this should amount to theft. If he did it with the knowledge of the AIB, then I would feel that this is contrary to the ethics which state that an AIB should act in the best interests of creditors.
Have any members comments to make on this.
Finally, I would state that this had been a hard lesson, and all my contracts now state that no filing of any kind, wages, VAT or accounts will take place until all accounts rendered have been settled, and cheques cleared through the bank. There are no friends in business.
- WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TAX EFFICIENT WAY TO SELL 40% SHARES IN YOUR START UP BUSINESS FOR APPROXIMATELY 1 MILLION POUNDS 28 1
- Claiming depreciation on a company vehicle 93 6
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 322 11
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 113 3
- Pension Contributions Relief 481 15
- capital gains on PPR 205 11
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 509 8
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,765 440
- 100% Xero practice 2,459 46
- Fees for Property Tax Return 214 6
- Can I calculate a total amount on my freelance tax relief? 134 1
- Separating business for VAT purposes 135 2
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 285 9
- PRR 360 13
- 40% rule for travel expenses 395 11
- Cash injection by shareholder 308 7
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,262 62
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 350 6
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 434 20
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 363 5
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,314
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 476
- National Insurance 369
- Non Resident 296
- Franchise income and costs 260
- Hands on experience of Digita 214
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 191
- Employer's Helpline 165
- employment capital allowances 160
- CIS paid under reg 9 156