How to make 'friends' pay their fees
I recently had a 'friend' who would just not pay his fees. Whenever I gave him an invoice he said 'I will put this in my back pocket to remind me to pay it'
Needless to say he never did.
I took him to court and was awarded a decree against him, but he simply went bankrupt.
An AIB was appointed, and though it has been claimed that most creditors are unhappy with the results achieved by them, I would say I am more than unhappy.
It has taken him many months to establish the ownership of the residential house, in his name, his wife's name. or joint names.
But the final straw was when I learned that the bankrupt had taken certain assets of the business home with him for 'safe keeping' If he did this on his own, this should amount to theft. If he did it with the knowledge of the AIB, then I would feel that this is contrary to the ethics which state that an AIB should act in the best interests of creditors.
Have any members comments to make on this.
Finally, I would state that this had been a hard lesson, and all my contracts now state that no filing of any kind, wages, VAT or accounts will take place until all accounts rendered have been settled, and cheques cleared through the bank. There are no friends in business.
- Awkward IP 488 5
- On line petition re HMRC grabbing money from taxpayer bank accounts 828 19
- Preparing a consolidated TB 188 5
- When does my Property business start 200 3
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 1,178 20
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 1,476 43
- SE sales person paid in cash and goods 68 1
- Prepare for Chaos 254 4
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 2,606 69
- Free Agent - Payments on Account 723 19
- Is a Mercedes Vito a van for tax purposes? 452 6
- Fastest Software 559 8
- NETP paying VAT - how to pay? 63 1
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 584 15
- Bookkeeping Package 610 8
- How to deal with a prior year CT adjustment 155 5
- Company Pension Contributions 193 4
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 312 1
- Employment status 500 9
- Foreign Premium Distributions 159 1
- CTA study material 589
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 587
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 358
- Employment related securities question 218
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 192
- ATED Penalties 191
- AIM Stocks and IHT 172
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 125
- Trust for Employee 122
- Expat pension contributions? 121