HOW MANY ACCOUNTANTS
A bookeeper I got talking to at a networking event told me she quite often comes across the following:
1) putting mileage claims through which may have been stretched 2) saying expenditure is of a certain type and claiming CT releif - may/may not
3) paying fees for 'management services' from an overseas associate with a lower ct regime. 4) withholding income until following year/vat qtr
All of these may/may not be legitimate - but it seems the accountants are turning a blind eye anyway.
Is it that HMRC do not have resources to keep a tag on this?
Are chartered/practicing accountants taking advantage of HMRC lack of resources?
Is this happening on such a large scale its impossible to tackle and accountants dont give 2 hoots?
It would be very interesting to hear other views.
Anyone come across the above?
- Can you get tax deduction for legal fees on sale of debtors 26 3
- Matching of tax return to P60 39 1
- Business Christmas Greetings 1,013 20
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,194 53
- Related Parties Note 113 3
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 765 22
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 192 7
- what time is it ? 310 4
- Capital Allowances on Foreign Property 89 2
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 433 24
- VAT on disbursement 168 2
- tax credits 209 7
- Victor Meldrew morning 1,045 17
- EC VAT codes in Sage 50 87 1
- LLP - Member leaving 196 6
- Year end 263 3
- Foreign income for self employed 173 2
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 311 9
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 329 9
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,151 14
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 913
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 529
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 336
- How to format a stock book 322
- Tax efficient holding company structure 258
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 248
- Investment property company accounts template 234
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 197
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 184
- Charge out rates in London? 158