How many billable hours do partners typically generate?
I know that each firm will be different depending on the choices made and structures adopted, but I would be really grateful for a quick straw poll of contributors thoughts on how many hours of chargeable time they generate per annum as a partner in practice.
We are looking to set targets for improvement in our partnership team of three individuals (18 staff). Last year our three partners generated 1193, 809 and 728 hours respectively. Looking at the year ahead we have ambitiously set the targets at 1050, 1220 and 1383 but I am fearful that these totals look too ambitious and would like to contrast against other firms if you are happy to share this information on this forum?
Many thanks for your input.
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 219 15
- Limited company purchase of property 474 2
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 239 6
- Goodwill complications 277 6
- Tax relief for VAT assessment 23 1
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 140 1
- How much of your work is admin? 701 9
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 218 4
- Will I need to resign? 435 7
- UK Pension Income For Non-Residents 112 1
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 316 5
- Trade creditor journal 117 2
- Nominal Ledger 475 12
- The declaration on the VAT return is wrong ??? 186 1
- Old CGT loss 242 4
- Bulk submissions to Companies House 484 2
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 993 14
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 410 9
- HMRC Distraint 158 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 173 2