How many years can I go back to claim SA refund?
I have a client who has never submitted tax returns. He is now obliged to file them since 10/11 because he is a director of his own limited company.
He has come to me with possible mileage claims relating to previous years going back to 05/06. As the employer paid below the tax free limits it is likely a refund will be due in each period. I intend to submit Self Assessment tax returns for the prior years as the refund will be much quicker than if were to try and make a claim using any other method.
How many years can the client go back? Is it 07/08 because filing date is Jan-09 and we're not 4 years since that date?
thanks for your assistance.
- Company Car Purchased in Name of Director 99 2
- Concerned about RTI 2014 1,602 33
- Accountant software 271 7
- Accountant Pays Clients Tax 427 7
- HMRC SPAM AGAIN 54 1
- No Prrof of Posting of Tax Return sent by Post 406 13
- Can pre-registration vat be reclaimed? 217 4
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 1,864 22
- Mileage and Corportation Tax 51 1
- Renting property to yourself 298 8
- Definition of "Ultimate Controlling Party" FRS 8 380 16
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 93 4
- register as self employed? 111 2
- Who owns SAGE Data? 127 1
- VAT enquiry 78 1
- Write off of former director's loan 220 4
- A previous partnership, a dispute and their conduct now 252 4
- Capital gain or not? 138 3
- EC VAT 159 5
- Forecasting Software 206 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 635
- CIS to 5/10/13 and HMRC Computer issue 483
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 450
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 275
- How to format a stock book 229
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 194
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 182
- Tax efficient holding company structure 171
- Investment property company accounts template 159
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 150