How much notice to terminate a commercial lease?
I realise this is more law than accountancy, but wonder if anyone can help?
A hairdresser pays rent on her salon on a weekly basis. She signed a 3 year lease in 2006 and has signed nothing since.
She now wants to leave at the end of this month.
Is there a statutory notice period she must give and pay full rent for?
Can the landlady evict her as soon as she tells her she is leaving or must she give notice to do so as well?
I can't find a definitive answer on the web and would be grateful of any advice please ...............
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 165 6
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 125 2
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 180 11
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 243 4
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 367 10
- Property Purchase in Daughters Name 312 9
- Merging my businesses 106 2
- Where has Portia gone? 1,565 61
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,690 73
- Spousal transfer and PPR 512 16
- VAT on commercial property 127 3
- Rogue Accountant 3,018 49
- deceased creditor 185 5
- Corporate member of LLP 276 1
- Investment company 267 6
- Error or mistake in CT return 335 1
- Penalty on dormant CT600 prior to trading 217 1
- HMRC computer behind the times 370 3
- Sage & IRIS Payroll Employee ID. Problem Using Old Ee ID's? 106 1
- Transfer of stock 364 12
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 781
- RTI - duplicate employee record 533
- Pensions Regulator 444
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 404
- Sage Vat return box 2 306
- Sanzar 303
- Digital marketing focus group 284
- How do you do it 273
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 249
- Portia ... Where art thou 243