How much notice to terminate a commercial lease?
I realise this is more law than accountancy, but wonder if anyone can help?
A hairdresser pays rent on her salon on a weekly basis. She signed a 3 year lease in 2006 and has signed nothing since.
She now wants to leave at the end of this month.
Is there a statutory notice period she must give and pay full rent for?
Can the landlady evict her as soon as she tells her she is leaving or must she give notice to do so as well?
I can't find a definitive answer on the web and would be grateful of any advice please ...............
- Dividend dates 648 12
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,523 47
- Company no longer showing on Companies House web site 276 7
- Companies House change of shareholding 564 16
- corporation tax 422 3
- Self Assessment Tax Return Required ???? 150 5
- Deleted question? 454 9
- Yorkshire Day 459 31
- Agent help line - long queues? 173 3
- Company Director In Prison 610 13
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 1,270 23
- Update workbook linkage without opening source 185 6
- calculation DTR restriction 183 5
- MAAT vs ACCA 604 11
- Flat rate VAT 308 6
- Redundancy pay for directors? 1,317 15
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,857 72
- CRM systems? 120 2
- Accountancy Career 570 13
- Help with HMRC investigation 556 9
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 563
- Cancelled 451
- Cancelled 374
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 368
- Probiz 347
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 347
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 251
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 226
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 220
- More spam 176