How much notice to terminate a commercial lease?
I realise this is more law than accountancy, but wonder if anyone can help?
A hairdresser pays rent on her salon on a weekly basis. She signed a 3 year lease in 2006 and has signed nothing since.
She now wants to leave at the end of this month.
Is there a statutory notice period she must give and pay full rent for?
Can the landlady evict her as soon as she tells her she is leaving or must she give notice to do so as well?
I can't find a definitive answer on the web and would be grateful of any advice please ...............
- Tax on income from discretionary trust in SATR 150 8
- Goodwill complications 185 3
- Late Registration for VAT 237 8
- Registering a company late 354 13
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 641 11
- How much of your work is admin? 439 3
- Claiming pre-letting mortgage costs on first rental property 65 1
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,093 30
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 117 1
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 153 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 110 1
- Personal pension 286 5
- Directors taking money out of business, how to record in sage instant accounts. 142 2
- Nominal Ledger of Company Accounts 90 1
- Director taking salary, dividends and consultancy fees? 224 1
- Deferred Tax 280 5
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,281 17
- Legal fees selling rental property 213 3
- physiotherapy clinic 621 4
- Running two businesses from the same premises 238 2
- TheTax Donut 1,023
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 681
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 625
- Follower cases 489
- Limited company purchase of property 419
- Hive up 417
- corporate hierarchy 383
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 380
- LIVE chat, starting now 332
- AIA or IFA 216