How much notice to terminate a commercial lease?
I realise this is more law than accountancy, but wonder if anyone can help?
A hairdresser pays rent on her salon on a weekly basis. She signed a 3 year lease in 2006 and has signed nothing since.
She now wants to leave at the end of this month.
Is there a statutory notice period she must give and pay full rent for?
Can the landlady evict her as soon as she tells her she is leaving or must she give notice to do so as well?
I can't find a definitive answer on the web and would be grateful of any advice please ...............
- client threatening legal action 1,793 28
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 665 8
- Partially exempt? 234 9
- Reclaiming EU VAT on fuel and expenses 82 1
- First VAT Visit for client 214 4
- Dividend in specie 222 7
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 156 8
- Lorry Drivers 131 2
- Redundancy payment added to p45 75 1
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 84 1
- Mexican student in UK 113 2
- PI insurance for Auto Enrolment 193 3
- Accounting Practice acting as an employment agency 291 12
- payroll software 111 1
- No Tax Returns submitted for last 16 years 1,047 25
- Complicated Company car purchase 97 1
- Pricing 329 10
- Late VAT registration penalty 245 5
- VAT 115 2
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 849 18
- Skandia using wrong address 483
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 278
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 272
- Employee rewards 257
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 222
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 216
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 213
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 209
- Etax Australian 169
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 158