How much notice to terminate a commercial lease?
I realise this is more law than accountancy, but wonder if anyone can help?
A hairdresser pays rent on her salon on a weekly basis. She signed a 3 year lease in 2006 and has signed nothing since.
She now wants to leave at the end of this month.
Is there a statutory notice period she must give and pay full rent for?
Can the landlady evict her as soon as she tells her she is leaving or must she give notice to do so as well?
I can't find a definitive answer on the web and would be grateful of any advice please ...............
- VAT registration for self employed dentist??? 572 22
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 735 31
- Any Scottish members out there? 10,987 402
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 153 10
- Saying goodbye 61 1
- Warning of enforcement action - without any warnings 223 4
- Naming new company 54 3
- More stupid generic notices from HMRC on RTI 262 4
- Expenses prior to Startup date for startup 129 4
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 359 4
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 706 6
- Tax on private fuel for own car 152 4
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,634 9
- Will this AIA be disallowed when asset transferred to Ltd Co 223 11
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 183 3
- Drop box Storage 91 1
- How good is OCRREX Auto Rec software? 304 8
- Personal allowance for a resident of both Belgium and UK? 225 13
- What is the role of an accountant? 1,337 22
- How can customer service quality vary between the basic pension firms? 213 3
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,264
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 452
- National Insurance 347
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 279
- Non Resident 265
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 257
- Franchise income and costs 233
- Hands on experience of Digita 188
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 171
- Employer's Helpline 142