How much notice to terminate a commercial lease?
I realise this is more law than accountancy, but wonder if anyone can help?
A hairdresser pays rent on her salon on a weekly basis. She signed a 3 year lease in 2006 and has signed nothing since.
She now wants to leave at the end of this month.
Is there a statutory notice period she must give and pay full rent for?
Can the landlady evict her as soon as she tells her she is leaving or must she give notice to do so as well?
I can't find a definitive answer on the web and would be grateful of any advice please ...............
- SA302's anyone?? 606 18
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 323 8
- High value residential property - SDLT 15% 107 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 346 12
- Cash in Hand 117 2
- Buy to let and capitak gain 159 4
- Busines software 153 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 193 6
- Converting a barn for business use 185 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 309 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 314 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 479 10
- are receipts needed? 611 16
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 309 3
- Bookkeping software 724 7
- Clogged Losses 282 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 274 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 657 10
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 271 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 127 1
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 910
- International interest certificate 522
- NOVA 372
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 322
- Management expenses for investment company 275
- Bonus Bonds 269
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 183
- P11D benefit received by widow 162
- EXACT ONLINE 157
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 156