How much notice to terminate a commercial lease?
I realise this is more law than accountancy, but wonder if anyone can help?
A hairdresser pays rent on her salon on a weekly basis. She signed a 3 year lease in 2006 and has signed nothing since.
She now wants to leave at the end of this month.
Is there a statutory notice period she must give and pay full rent for?
Can the landlady evict her as soon as she tells her she is leaving or must she give notice to do so as well?
I can't find a definitive answer on the web and would be grateful of any advice please ...............
- RTI penalties 50 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 505 7
- Bookkeeping software for cafe and VAT 118 2
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 299 5
- US Sales Tax 105 1
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 360 15
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 193 3
- Simplified auto enrolment? 113 1
- Group Relief 121 4
- R&D Credits 97 1
- Is the annual Money Laundering Payment tax allowable 238 7
- VAT Reg.for sole trader with 2 S/E 107 2
- Clients 672 14
- Advice needed on my practice but not my clients 291 4
- Leaving the flat rate scheme 121 3
- Starting new accounting business 284 5
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 457 10
- Sage Payroll 113 1
- SAGE 50 - Invoice Date 109 2
- VAT flat rate scheme 428 8
- QROP pension input amounts 493
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 477
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 440
- EPS and CIS deductions 294
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 286
- Construction CIS LLP Company 278
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 243
- SAGE winforecast 199
- Lets hear it for HMRC! 196
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 182