How much notice to terminate a commercial lease?
I realise this is more law than accountancy, but wonder if anyone can help?
A hairdresser pays rent on her salon on a weekly basis. She signed a 3 year lease in 2006 and has signed nothing since.
She now wants to leave at the end of this month.
Is there a statutory notice period she must give and pay full rent for?
Can the landlady evict her as soon as she tells her she is leaving or must she give notice to do so as well?
I can't find a definitive answer on the web and would be grateful of any advice please ...............
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 671 18
- Personal Pension Relief in the Tax Code 276 4
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 271 10
- Love is in the air 596 7
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,058 47
- CGT on lost shares/scam 377 4
- Setting up a practice 526 5
- Very large share capital by mistake 542 7
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 496 4
- 24 month rule and expenses 402 1
- Stamp Duty 300 4
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 240 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,821 21
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 712 5
- Incorporation of gp practise 392 1
- Client Paperwork Retention? 586 13
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 592 7
- Tax Overlap Reporting 415 4
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 404 9
- Reimbursing director travel costs 464 6
- DTA tie-breaker issue 305
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 296
- CGT for NOn UK residents 282
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 281
- Foreign domicile status 261
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 257
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 242
- Apprenticeship Levy 242
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 226
- Discretionary payment to sick employee 225