How much notice to terminate a commercial lease?
I realise this is more law than accountancy, but wonder if anyone can help?
A hairdresser pays rent on her salon on a weekly basis. She signed a 3 year lease in 2006 and has signed nothing since.
She now wants to leave at the end of this month.
Is there a statutory notice period she must give and pay full rent for?
Can the landlady evict her as soon as she tells her she is leaving or must she give notice to do so as well?
I can't find a definitive answer on the web and would be grateful of any advice please ...............
- Ltd company or sole trader 41 1
- Insolvent Liquidation 104 1
- insolvency ip control 155 1
- I know this has been done to death but IRIS / DIGITA / CCH??? 299 3
- Free Agent data? 85 1
- Generic PAYE notices 70 1
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 123 3
- Mature student with NO GCSEs or A levels but with very solid 2:1 degree, needs help? 514 9
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 535 12
- Fee protection 88 1
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 114 3
- What tax rules apply to oversea representative office employees in UK? 72 1
- UK company avoiding tax 182 2
- Finland 76 1
- With or without a practicing certificate 962 20
- Is HMRC iXBRL filing only available for small audit exempt companies 168 4
- What do you class as Research and Development for R&D Tax Relief 505 8
- Looking for free PDF creator 1,198 40
- reconcile Invoice finance bank statement on sage 106 1
- Closing Limited Company 383 10
- Xtuple 480
- Qtac payroll for bureau 323
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 270
- Industrial & Provident Societies 260
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 201
- Mehjoo 198
- Changes in NHS pensions 166
- VAT on commission from Oyster card top up, lottery & paypoint 165
- New strategic report 159
- South African Government Pension 136