How much notice to terminate a commercial lease?
I realise this is more law than accountancy, but wonder if anyone can help?
A hairdresser pays rent on her salon on a weekly basis. She signed a 3 year lease in 2006 and has signed nothing since.
She now wants to leave at the end of this month.
Is there a statutory notice period she must give and pay full rent for?
Can the landlady evict her as soon as she tells her she is leaving or must she give notice to do so as well?
I can't find a definitive answer on the web and would be grateful of any advice please ...............
- CGT and primary residence 109 1
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 407 10
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 720 19
- Marriage Allowance 197 3
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,089 12
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 355 4
- S455 and February year ends 256 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,247 32
- HMRC having technical difficulties 818 18
- Closing down loss-making company 417 5
- S.455 Tax again 270 3
- New Build 328 2
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 371 4
- Mortgage Reference 779 10
- RTI offline? 183 1
- Right To Manage Company 274 4
- Day allowance working in Qatar 167 1
- Giving shares away 334 6
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 633 5
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 285 5