How much notice to terminate a commercial lease?
I realise this is more law than accountancy, but wonder if anyone can help?
A hairdresser pays rent on her salon on a weekly basis. She signed a 3 year lease in 2006 and has signed nothing since.
She now wants to leave at the end of this month.
Is there a statutory notice period she must give and pay full rent for?
Can the landlady evict her as soon as she tells her she is leaving or must she give notice to do so as well?
I can't find a definitive answer on the web and would be grateful of any advice please ...............
- EIS reinvestment relief 129 7
- Contribution to charity as % of profit 320 16
- How to value a business asset? 67 2
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 381 17
- Should i tell HMRC 1,009 10
- Do we have to register for VAT? 291 5
- Tax Penalty overreaction 1,644 13
- Entrepreneurs relief 78 1
- FRSEE Related Party Disclosure 44 1
- dividend versus capital distribution 148 4
- Declaration of interest 86 2
- Advice on letting a client go ? 460 8
- How Long does it take to get an Agent ID 219 4
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 149 6
- Company dividends 500 14
- Private Residence Relief after gift 217 4
- Paying the £30,000 remittance basis charge 123 2
- ITTOIA 2005 s629 189 7
- Receipt bank 233 5
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,762 91
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 866
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 560
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 523
- Latest phishing scam 440
- Entrepreneurs' relief 401
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 352
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 329
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 311
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 234
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 208