How much notice to terminate a commercial lease?
I realise this is more law than accountancy, but wonder if anyone can help?
A hairdresser pays rent on her salon on a weekly basis. She signed a 3 year lease in 2006 and has signed nothing since.
She now wants to leave at the end of this month.
Is there a statutory notice period she must give and pay full rent for?
Can the landlady evict her as soon as she tells her she is leaving or must she give notice to do so as well?
I can't find a definitive answer on the web and would be grateful of any advice please ...............
- Recommendations for online payroll software 171 1
- . 140 1
- Accountant Specialization. 244 2
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 205 4
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 152 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 156 6
- Claiming VAT on car lease 431 27
- Capital Gains Tax on property with multiple uses 73 1
- Returning papers to ex-clients 587 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 674 5
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 115 2
- Freelance/Employee 626 15
- Agent Authorisation Issue 173 2
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 321 6
- Is it just me ... 267 5
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 279 4
- CIS registration when already registered for PAYE 111 4
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 340 10
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 220 1
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,520 18
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 745
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 405
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 352
- Electric Car 288
- S222 Charge 237
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 185
- IP trans to holding company 182
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 170
- AIA 164
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 161