How much should I charge?
I work from an office attached to my house, so overheads are low. I am based in Yorkshire. I have had a customer for 15 years who has recently closed his account with my firm. He has not given a reason why but, as I am not aware of any friction or catastrophic errors, I am assuming it is because of the amount charged. Needless to say communication has been severed, which means I can't determine the reason nor thank him/her for their business in the past.
His is a small company with 2 directors (one his wife), 2 shareholders - turnover £90,000.
The bookkeeping is done by the wife/secretary/director to a reasonable standard (though not perfect) using proprietary software.
She is capable of carrying out accurate bank reconciliations. She does all the necessary banking and filing.
She completes vat returns and looks after payroll (which is just the annual return).
The service I provide is to produce final accounts (applying appropriate verification and amendment where necessary and adding necessary accountants data); produce Ctax computation, Ctax Return and Financial Statements; produce 2 x self assessment returns; maintain company secretarial, including dividend preparation and annual return; include 2 personal visits/reviews per annum; provide a support/advisory service re tax and accounting issues (admittedly, rarely used by my client)
I charge £700 plus VAT (which has always been the rate after adjusting for inflation).
Does this seem excessive?
- Taxfiler been down since mid-afternoon 75 4
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 439 17
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 40 1
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 178 6
- Paid too much !! 144 1
- Gifting Shares to a Limited Company 70 1
- Company separation for Wholesale & Retail businesses 60 1
- Selling a VAT Qualifying vehicle at a loss 62 1
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 470 15
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 736 11
- Sports Sponsorship 107 1
- New Shareholder and Purchase of Own Share 233 17
- Opt To Tax Refund 206 2
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 188 6
- Is the CT61 return dead? 1,304 14
- Best software for small practice? 597 19
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 1,256 21
- HMRC Enquiry 468 2
- Car purchase Lease or Buy 213 7
- Notifying HMRC when striking off company that never traded 288 4
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 764
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 453
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 271
- DTA tie-breaker issue 261
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 244
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 223
- CGT for NOn UK residents 216
- Apprenticeship Levy 195
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 191
- Capital Gains personal representatives 181