How much should I charge?
I work from an office attached to my house, so overheads are low. I am based in Yorkshire. I have had a customer for 15 years who has recently closed his account with my firm. He has not given a reason why but, as I am not aware of any friction or catastrophic errors, I am assuming it is because of the amount charged. Needless to say communication has been severed, which means I can't determine the reason nor thank him/her for their business in the past.
His is a small company with 2 directors (one his wife), 2 shareholders - turnover £90,000.
The bookkeeping is done by the wife/secretary/director to a reasonable standard (though not perfect) using proprietary software.
She is capable of carrying out accurate bank reconciliations. She does all the necessary banking and filing.
She completes vat returns and looks after payroll (which is just the annual return).
The service I provide is to produce final accounts (applying appropriate verification and amendment where necessary and adding necessary accountants data); produce Ctax computation, Ctax Return and Financial Statements; produce 2 x self assessment returns; maintain company secretarial, including dividend preparation and annual return; include 2 personal visits/reviews per annum; provide a support/advisory service re tax and accounting issues (admittedly, rarely used by my client)
I charge £700 plus VAT (which has always been the rate after adjusting for inflation).
Does this seem excessive?
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 264 4
- Companies House 555 9
- Dress code 265 12
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 101 1
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 283 11
- Where to start to get any of jobs in Finance and Accounting Industry 704 9
- How much did you pay for your website 1,404 25
- What would you do in this situation? 567 13
- Help Required 355 10
- directors control and tax problems 199 5
- Fastest Software 775 13
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 941 28
- What's in a name ? 320 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 250 4
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 439 15
- Bulk Invoicing 180 6
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 158 3
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 250 2
- ATED Penalties 277 1
- late second payment on account 181 2
- CTA study material 704
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 428
- Employment related securities question 268
- AIM Stocks and IHT 246
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 201
- Trust for Employee 188
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 186
- Expat pension contributions? 186
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax consultancy 2014 164
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 160