How much should I charge?
I work from an office attached to my house, so overheads are low. I am based in Yorkshire. I have had a customer for 15 years who has recently closed his account with my firm. He has not given a reason why but, as I am not aware of any friction or catastrophic errors, I am assuming it is because of the amount charged. Needless to say communication has been severed, which means I can't determine the reason nor thank him/her for their business in the past.
His is a small company with 2 directors (one his wife), 2 shareholders - turnover £90,000.
The bookkeeping is done by the wife/secretary/director to a reasonable standard (though not perfect) using proprietary software.
She is capable of carrying out accurate bank reconciliations. She does all the necessary banking and filing.
She completes vat returns and looks after payroll (which is just the annual return).
The service I provide is to produce final accounts (applying appropriate verification and amendment where necessary and adding necessary accountants data); produce Ctax computation, Ctax Return and Financial Statements; produce 2 x self assessment returns; maintain company secretarial, including dividend preparation and annual return; include 2 personal visits/reviews per annum; provide a support/advisory service re tax and accounting issues (admittedly, rarely used by my client)
I charge £700 plus VAT (which has always been the rate after adjusting for inflation).
Does this seem excessive?
- SA302's anyone?? 596 17
- High value residential property - SDLT 15% 48 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 341 12
- Cash in Hand 94 2
- Buy to let and capitak gain 147 4
- Busines software 142 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 192 6
- Converting a barn for business use 184 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 304 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 312 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 475 10
- are receipts needed? 607 16
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 299 3
- Bookkeping software 719 7
- Clogged Losses 281 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 266 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 656 10
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 318 7
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 267 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 126 1
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 909
- International interest certificate 521
- NOVA 371
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 321
- Management expenses for investment company 275
- Bonus Bonds 267
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 183
- P11D benefit received by widow 161
- EXACT ONLINE 156
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 152