How much should I charge?
I work from an office attached to my house, so overheads are low. I am based in Yorkshire. I have had a customer for 15 years who has recently closed his account with my firm. He has not given a reason why but, as I am not aware of any friction or catastrophic errors, I am assuming it is because of the amount charged. Needless to say communication has been severed, which means I can't determine the reason nor thank him/her for their business in the past.
His is a small company with 2 directors (one his wife), 2 shareholders - turnover £90,000.
The bookkeeping is done by the wife/secretary/director to a reasonable standard (though not perfect) using proprietary software.
She is capable of carrying out accurate bank reconciliations. She does all the necessary banking and filing.
She completes vat returns and looks after payroll (which is just the annual return).
The service I provide is to produce final accounts (applying appropriate verification and amendment where necessary and adding necessary accountants data); produce Ctax computation, Ctax Return and Financial Statements; produce 2 x self assessment returns; maintain company secretarial, including dividend preparation and annual return; include 2 personal visits/reviews per annum; provide a support/advisory service re tax and accounting issues (admittedly, rarely used by my client)
I charge £700 plus VAT (which has always been the rate after adjusting for inflation).
Does this seem excessive?
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 192 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 264 13
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 120 2
- Prefer to start accepting Online Card Payments 104 1
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 889 25
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 218 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 124 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 253 7
- New Email Extensions 138 1
- SA302 201 3
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 1,092 56
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 273 2
- Dental practice incorpration 126 1
- Audit rules 163 4
- Go Cardless 278 8
- business entertaining deductibility 146 1
- Self assessment tax arrears 176 2
- R & D 110 3
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 90 1
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 167 1
- Xtuple 502
- Qtac payroll for bureau 336
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 284
- Industrial & Provident Societies 277
- Mehjoo 221
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 221
- New strategic report 173
- Domain name sale and limited company 160
- South African Government Pension 156
- CIS schemes 154