How much should I charge?
I work from an office attached to my house, so overheads are low. I am based in Yorkshire. I have had a customer for 15 years who has recently closed his account with my firm. He has not given a reason why but, as I am not aware of any friction or catastrophic errors, I am assuming it is because of the amount charged. Needless to say communication has been severed, which means I can't determine the reason nor thank him/her for their business in the past.
His is a small company with 2 directors (one his wife), 2 shareholders - turnover £90,000.
The bookkeeping is done by the wife/secretary/director to a reasonable standard (though not perfect) using proprietary software.
She is capable of carrying out accurate bank reconciliations. She does all the necessary banking and filing.
She completes vat returns and looks after payroll (which is just the annual return).
The service I provide is to produce final accounts (applying appropriate verification and amendment where necessary and adding necessary accountants data); produce Ctax computation, Ctax Return and Financial Statements; produce 2 x self assessment returns; maintain company secretarial, including dividend preparation and annual return; include 2 personal visits/reviews per annum; provide a support/advisory service re tax and accounting issues (admittedly, rarely used by my client)
I charge £700 plus VAT (which has always been the rate after adjusting for inflation).
Does this seem excessive?
- Elective DeductionsModel 48 1
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 179 1
- Rental Income 283 6
- Value pricing 159 6
- Payroll 2012/13 78 1
- I have a pain 662 6
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 60 1
- convert directors loan account to share capital 147 5
- Anyone else seen incorrect tax code notices - rather worring! 719 17
- Belated VAT Exception Application 103 3
- Cash flow 134 2
- New use of home - simplified method 207 4
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 256 5
- company secretarial software 103 1
- 2 year rule? Self employed. 363 13
- How long is filing an FPS meant to take ? 1,937 32
- Share restructure 327 12
- Liquidation of Subsiduary 144 4
- Unknown cash receipt 1,839 14
- P11d error 423 9
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 726
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 496
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 342
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 336
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 261
- VAT on Gaming Machines 210
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 196
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 180
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 172
- Director Loan account operation 146