How much should I charge?
I work from an office attached to my house, so overheads are low. I am based in Yorkshire. I have had a customer for 15 years who has recently closed his account with my firm. He has not given a reason why but, as I am not aware of any friction or catastrophic errors, I am assuming it is because of the amount charged. Needless to say communication has been severed, which means I can't determine the reason nor thank him/her for their business in the past.
His is a small company with 2 directors (one his wife), 2 shareholders - turnover £90,000.
The bookkeeping is done by the wife/secretary/director to a reasonable standard (though not perfect) using proprietary software.
She is capable of carrying out accurate bank reconciliations. She does all the necessary banking and filing.
She completes vat returns and looks after payroll (which is just the annual return).
The service I provide is to produce final accounts (applying appropriate verification and amendment where necessary and adding necessary accountants data); produce Ctax computation, Ctax Return and Financial Statements; produce 2 x self assessment returns; maintain company secretarial, including dividend preparation and annual return; include 2 personal visits/reviews per annum; provide a support/advisory service re tax and accounting issues (admittedly, rarely used by my client)
I charge £700 plus VAT (which has always been the rate after adjusting for inflation).
Does this seem excessive?
- What would be a tax efficient way of selling the main business asset but keeping some to continue with business? 188 7
- Unpaid Share Capital and Companies House Template 37 2
- Dividend Waiver 212 4
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 286 4
- Splitting PAYE tax code between two jobs both with variable hours 271 6
- Automatic Bank Data Feeds -- worth the cost ? 666 8
- Capital allowances - Jersey 68 3
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 165 6
- Dutch Company With UK Employees 121 3
- What is IRIS World like? 232 7
- Nomisma feedback? 206 1
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 416 2
- Is business bank account compulsory for all businesses? 258 3
- Pension contributions 113 4
- Can we learn from the financial services industry? 365 10
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 182 4
- Director needs to withdraw 45k lump sum from company 556 10
- VAT On Camper Van Enhancements 79 1
- Share transfer question 66 1
- Sage Bank rec 153 2
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 404
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 386
- Perkbox 339
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 279
- Document Management Systems 277
- WIP Software 264
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 199
- No payroll scheme in place 192
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 178
- Benefit in Kind? 176