How much should I charge?
I work from an office attached to my house, so overheads are low. I am based in Yorkshire. I have had a customer for 15 years who has recently closed his account with my firm. He has not given a reason why but, as I am not aware of any friction or catastrophic errors, I am assuming it is because of the amount charged. Needless to say communication has been severed, which means I can't determine the reason nor thank him/her for their business in the past.
His is a small company with 2 directors (one his wife), 2 shareholders - turnover £90,000.
The bookkeeping is done by the wife/secretary/director to a reasonable standard (though not perfect) using proprietary software.
She is capable of carrying out accurate bank reconciliations. She does all the necessary banking and filing.
She completes vat returns and looks after payroll (which is just the annual return).
The service I provide is to produce final accounts (applying appropriate verification and amendment where necessary and adding necessary accountants data); produce Ctax computation, Ctax Return and Financial Statements; produce 2 x self assessment returns; maintain company secretarial, including dividend preparation and annual return; include 2 personal visits/reviews per annum; provide a support/advisory service re tax and accounting issues (admittedly, rarely used by my client)
I charge £700 plus VAT (which has always been the rate after adjusting for inflation).
Does this seem excessive?
- Day allowance working in Qatar 67 1
- S.455 Tax again 198 1
- Marriage Allowance 33 1
- Giving shares away 234 6
- Right To Manage Company 194 3
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 579 5
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 304 7
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 148 5
- HMRC having technical difficulties 571 15
- Closing down loss-making company 344 4
- Where to post pension on sa100 137 4
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 324 2
- IR 35 Company - Timing issue 259 2
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 709 5
- VAT disaggregation 229 3
- What are HMRC implying? 632 2
- Ltd Company CIS Repayments 127 2
- Unequal share tenant in common 108 1
- mortgages & SA302 - can Halifax really be this thick? 934 7
- Registering with HMRC for VAT cash accounting 204 3