How much should I charge?
I work from an office attached to my house, so overheads are low. I am based in Yorkshire. I have had a customer for 15 years who has recently closed his account with my firm. He has not given a reason why but, as I am not aware of any friction or catastrophic errors, I am assuming it is because of the amount charged. Needless to say communication has been severed, which means I can't determine the reason nor thank him/her for their business in the past.
His is a small company with 2 directors (one his wife), 2 shareholders - turnover £90,000.
The bookkeeping is done by the wife/secretary/director to a reasonable standard (though not perfect) using proprietary software.
She is capable of carrying out accurate bank reconciliations. She does all the necessary banking and filing.
She completes vat returns and looks after payroll (which is just the annual return).
The service I provide is to produce final accounts (applying appropriate verification and amendment where necessary and adding necessary accountants data); produce Ctax computation, Ctax Return and Financial Statements; produce 2 x self assessment returns; maintain company secretarial, including dividend preparation and annual return; include 2 personal visits/reviews per annum; provide a support/advisory service re tax and accounting issues (admittedly, rarely used by my client)
I charge £700 plus VAT (which has always been the rate after adjusting for inflation).
Does this seem excessive?
- Working in Iraq, how to treat the income 100 2
- Another transfer of property 91 2
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 770 25
- VAT on non-denominated postage 190 7
- Taxi Plate & Car 44 1
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 555 11
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 226 5
- LEL and PAYE registration 69 1
- Employmnet Allowance 2015/2016 135 2
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 167 1
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 859 40
- Tax relief for networking day out? 549 14
- SA316s 213 3
- Swiching tax 541 15
- Proposal to strike off...... 523 10
- Can I recharge Car loan interest 382 11
- Start-up cost recognition 120 1
- Lunches 292 3
- Mortgage Adviser's request 415 8
- Generic notification message 271 6
- Construction CIS LLP Company 611
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 592
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 388
- Pensions Regulator 355
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 292
- Using the correct forms 267
- RTI - duplicate employee record 262
- SA penalty proposals 257
- Accelerated payment notices 237
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 233