How much should I charge?
I work from an office attached to my house, so overheads are low. I am based in Yorkshire. I have had a customer for 15 years who has recently closed his account with my firm. He has not given a reason why but, as I am not aware of any friction or catastrophic errors, I am assuming it is because of the amount charged. Needless to say communication has been severed, which means I can't determine the reason nor thank him/her for their business in the past.
His is a small company with 2 directors (one his wife), 2 shareholders - turnover £90,000.
The bookkeeping is done by the wife/secretary/director to a reasonable standard (though not perfect) using proprietary software.
She is capable of carrying out accurate bank reconciliations. She does all the necessary banking and filing.
She completes vat returns and looks after payroll (which is just the annual return).
The service I provide is to produce final accounts (applying appropriate verification and amendment where necessary and adding necessary accountants data); produce Ctax computation, Ctax Return and Financial Statements; produce 2 x self assessment returns; maintain company secretarial, including dividend preparation and annual return; include 2 personal visits/reviews per annum; provide a support/advisory service re tax and accounting issues (admittedly, rarely used by my client)
I charge £700 plus VAT (which has always been the rate after adjusting for inflation).
Does this seem excessive?
- VAT registration for self employed dentist??? 81 3
- Family loan 1,034 15
- Getting VAT right for a sole trader pilot 112 5
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 502 13
- Any Scottish members out there? 8,763 330
- FIFA game and making money 1,111 12
- Use of home for storage 208 5
- Late filing penalty for personal tax return. Reasonable excuse 210 8
- App recommended by HMRC for record keeping 1,193 11
- Outsourcing iXBRL Tagging 164 8
- Negativer Payslip Request 119 2
- Anyone out there with charity accounts experience 210 10
- Mortgage deposit Gift 338 16
- Amending Share Capital 168 6
- Loan to a related company 328 14
- Being Tax relevant 541 7
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,024 4
- What should I do for 'free' 463 5
- planning to be self employed bookkeeper what do i need to do before i start? 510 7
- Payroll provider 339 6
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,164
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 387
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 303
- National Insurance 293
- Payments on account coded out?? 258
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 253
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 227
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 220
- Non Resident 206
- Franchise income and costs 190