How much would you charge for a business plan?
A new prospect approached me to assist with preparation of multi year financial forecasts and a business plan in respect of a new business venture.
setting up the business will cost several hundred thousands of pounds, for some of which he requires secured bank borrowings.
He is fairly wealthy and not a "dreamer", having been in business before.
Basically he wants a fair bit of input into his business plan, and hand holding in approaching different banks for his new venture to get the best deal on the table.
I got on pretty well with him, and felt I had established some rapport.
After a fair bit of time probing his exact requirements I concluded it would take quite a few hours, so quoted £1,950 for this work. I thought this might be on the tight side, but balanced this against a new client aquisition.
However, when I phoned him to follow up, he said he had another quote for the same work of £350+VAT and would be going with that!!
No way could I have done what is required for that fee. Am I out of synch with other peoples views on this.
- Refusing to complete a tax return 593 12
- Repayment of maternity pay 151 3
- What sectors to target? 434 21
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 147 8
- Journals to Creditors Control 165 5
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 203 7
- waive right to dividend payment 80 3
- eBay trading 53 1
- Treatment of Asset Disposal for Tax Purposes 130 5
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 967 43
- Dissolved company with o/s corporation tax 289 7
- Has anyone experience of BPRA? 197 4
- AIA and WDA 110 5
- Companies House late filing penalties 3,224 106
- Is sideways loss relief per trade or all trades aggregated 73 1
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,391 40
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 485 16
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 181 9
- Duplicate emails from AWeb 177 10
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 974 16
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 914
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 633
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 589
- Latest phishing scam 560
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 390
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 293
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 217
- Scratch Head 212
- Capital allowances in first basis period 200
- Sabbatical payments 187