How much would you charge for a business plan?
A new prospect approached me to assist with preparation of multi year financial forecasts and a business plan in respect of a new business venture.
setting up the business will cost several hundred thousands of pounds, for some of which he requires secured bank borrowings.
He is fairly wealthy and not a "dreamer", having been in business before.
Basically he wants a fair bit of input into his business plan, and hand holding in approaching different banks for his new venture to get the best deal on the table.
I got on pretty well with him, and felt I had established some rapport.
After a fair bit of time probing his exact requirements I concluded it would take quite a few hours, so quoted £1,950 for this work. I thought this might be on the tight side, but balanced this against a new client aquisition.
However, when I phoned him to follow up, he said he had another quote for the same work of £350+VAT and would be going with that!!
No way could I have done what is required for that fee. Am I out of synch with other peoples views on this.
- How much did you pay for your website 1,698 29
- any implications of this type of transaction 68 2
- Mem & Arts - Multiple Share Classes & Rights 26 1
- Does IR35 apply? 89 1
- Capital allowances or revenue is capital? 104 1
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 104 3
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 292 11
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 1,034 13
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 269 7
- Sage data 109 1
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 424 9
- Limited company buying a car 365 6
- Funding Circle experience 164 3
- Excel query 130 2
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,303 13
- Payment on account penalties 136 3
- Tax on free shares 150 5
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 211 3
- Capital allowances on sale and puchase of business assets 130 1
- Audit 493 14
- CTA study material 808
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 498
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 462
- Employment related securities question 325
- AIM Stocks and IHT 313
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 285
- Expat pension contributions? 284
- Trust for Employee 258
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 237
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 162