How much would you charge for a business plan?
A new prospect approached me to assist with preparation of multi year financial forecasts and a business plan in respect of a new business venture.
setting up the business will cost several hundred thousands of pounds, for some of which he requires secured bank borrowings.
He is fairly wealthy and not a "dreamer", having been in business before.
Basically he wants a fair bit of input into his business plan, and hand holding in approaching different banks for his new venture to get the best deal on the table.
I got on pretty well with him, and felt I had established some rapport.
After a fair bit of time probing his exact requirements I concluded it would take quite a few hours, so quoted £1,950 for this work. I thought this might be on the tight side, but balanced this against a new client aquisition.
However, when I phoned him to follow up, he said he had another quote for the same work of £350+VAT and would be going with that!!
No way could I have done what is required for that fee. Am I out of synch with other peoples views on this.
- Mehjoo 305 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 57 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 322 5
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 183 4
- SA302 314 7
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 284 13
- Bringing money to Uk 275 4
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 280 5
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 205 4
- Go Cardless 351 9
- Hmrc software 242 3
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 145 1
- Hosted email exchange 182 5
- South African Government Pension 183 1
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 313 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 315 13
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 250 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 156 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 301 7
- New Email Extensions 219 1
- Xtuple 514
- Qtac payroll for bureau 354
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 297
- Industrial & Provident Societies 290
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 229
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 197
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 194
- Domain name sale and limited company 173
- CIS schemes 172
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 148