How much would you charge for a business plan?
A new prospect approached me to assist with preparation of multi year financial forecasts and a business plan in respect of a new business venture.
setting up the business will cost several hundred thousands of pounds, for some of which he requires secured bank borrowings.
He is fairly wealthy and not a "dreamer", having been in business before.
Basically he wants a fair bit of input into his business plan, and hand holding in approaching different banks for his new venture to get the best deal on the table.
I got on pretty well with him, and felt I had established some rapport.
After a fair bit of time probing his exact requirements I concluded it would take quite a few hours, so quoted £1,950 for this work. I thought this might be on the tight side, but balanced this against a new client aquisition.
However, when I phoned him to follow up, he said he had another quote for the same work of £350+VAT and would be going with that!!
No way could I have done what is required for that fee. Am I out of synch with other peoples views on this.
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 596 2
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 396 4
- VAT Return Errors 114 2
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,856 67
- Adjustment to previous self assessments 81 5
- inflation rate year on year 110 3
- MAAT vs ACCA 652 12
- Yorkshire Day 566 38
- Company valuation for IHT purposes 148 4
- Principal Private Residence relief on two semis knocked together 150 4
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 362 16
- Entrepreneurs relief sale of business to two different buyers?? 119 3
- SMP reclaimable by employer 275 7
- Agent help line - long queues? 226 4
- the umbrella scheme for PAYE 123 1
- Deleted question? 676 15
- Self Assessment Tax Return Required ???? 305 8
- Company no longer showing on Companies House web site 363 8
- EU VAT Registration Thresholds 147 6
- E-Magazines and pdfs 150 3
- Cancelled 463
- Cancelled 383
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 374
- Probiz 355
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 259
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 233
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 225
- More spam 182
- Does anyone have SCI unit contact details? 159
- Employee Benefit Trust 150