How much would you charge for a business plan?
A new prospect approached me to assist with preparation of multi year financial forecasts and a business plan in respect of a new business venture.
setting up the business will cost several hundred thousands of pounds, for some of which he requires secured bank borrowings.
He is fairly wealthy and not a "dreamer", having been in business before.
Basically he wants a fair bit of input into his business plan, and hand holding in approaching different banks for his new venture to get the best deal on the table.
I got on pretty well with him, and felt I had established some rapport.
After a fair bit of time probing his exact requirements I concluded it would take quite a few hours, so quoted £1,950 for this work. I thought this might be on the tight side, but balanced this against a new client aquisition.
However, when I phoned him to follow up, he said he had another quote for the same work of £350+VAT and would be going with that!!
No way could I have done what is required for that fee. Am I out of synch with other peoples views on this.
- What expenses to claim for painter/decorator working from home base 43 1
- ICAS GPPM 76 1
- PPR for non-residents after 05 Apr 2015 114 2
- Payroll 239 7
- Buying fees 681 5
- IHT Query 441 11
- Audit and paypal balances 176 7
- Missing C79 156 5
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 488 16
- VAT margin scheme 272 14
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 306 8
- How to walk away without questions 2,730 17
- Takeover of Annual PAYE scheme 132 2
- Get it off your chest 252 4
- Directors bonus 155 2
- Auto Enrolment specialist service provider 111 1
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 284 3
- HMRC Unpaid Debt Collector 276 5
- do you receive fewer phone calls than some years back because of emails 182 3
- break even point 1,122 33
- Possible Partnership? 559
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 553
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 481
- New Fangled Penalties 355
- Clubs and Taxable Income 293
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 277
- Loans to other companies 220
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 213
- Outsource Data Entry 180
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 179