How much would you charge for a business plan?
A new prospect approached me to assist with preparation of multi year financial forecasts and a business plan in respect of a new business venture.
setting up the business will cost several hundred thousands of pounds, for some of which he requires secured bank borrowings.
He is fairly wealthy and not a "dreamer", having been in business before.
Basically he wants a fair bit of input into his business plan, and hand holding in approaching different banks for his new venture to get the best deal on the table.
I got on pretty well with him, and felt I had established some rapport.
After a fair bit of time probing his exact requirements I concluded it would take quite a few hours, so quoted £1,950 for this work. I thought this might be on the tight side, but balanced this against a new client aquisition.
However, when I phoned him to follow up, he said he had another quote for the same work of £350+VAT and would be going with that!!
No way could I have done what is required for that fee. Am I out of synch with other peoples views on this.
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 392 10
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 700 19
- Marriage Allowance 182 3
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,066 12
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 343 4
- S455 and February year ends 233 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,242 32
- HMRC having technical difficulties 784 18
- Closing down loss-making company 404 5
- S.455 Tax again 268 3
- New Build 325 2
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 367 4
- Mortgage Reference 774 10
- RTI offline? 167 1
- Right To Manage Company 259 4
- Day allowance working in Qatar 161 1
- Giving shares away 323 6
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 620 5
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 270 5
- Where to post pension on sa100 206 4