How much would you charge for a business plan?
A new prospect approached me to assist with preparation of multi year financial forecasts and a business plan in respect of a new business venture.
setting up the business will cost several hundred thousands of pounds, for some of which he requires secured bank borrowings.
He is fairly wealthy and not a "dreamer", having been in business before.
Basically he wants a fair bit of input into his business plan, and hand holding in approaching different banks for his new venture to get the best deal on the table.
I got on pretty well with him, and felt I had established some rapport.
After a fair bit of time probing his exact requirements I concluded it would take quite a few hours, so quoted £1,950 for this work. I thought this might be on the tight side, but balanced this against a new client aquisition.
However, when I phoned him to follow up, he said he had another quote for the same work of £350+VAT and would be going with that!!
No way could I have done what is required for that fee. Am I out of synch with other peoples views on this.
- Any point writing to HMRC to appeal against self assessment penalties ? 33 1
- Dividend payment date 1,889 33
- Hollyoaks cast - changes due to Social Security Regulations 2,714 18
- Garage Conversion -Ltd Company Office 131 2
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 138 5
- Director hired as an individual 81 2
- Real names 539 20
- VAT charge needed on van sale? 109 2
- Company Secretarial Software 1,289 27
- Agricultural Land Hold Over and Roll Over 96 2
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 214 2
- Taxfiler - is it really good? 199 6
- Tax relief on licence costs 125 1
- Who owns the data 238 3
- Clarification over - VAT Box 8 - Flat rate scheme 165 5
- Sole Trader Fees 121 1
- Loan interest rental property 197 5
- Theatre as charitable company 52 1
- Peer to Peer lending 147 5
- What's the plural? 682 14
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 569
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 434
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 337
- IFA incorporation 315
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 301
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 297
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 252
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 240
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 234
- Sorry ignore me 233