How much would you charge for a business plan?
A new prospect approached me to assist with preparation of multi year financial forecasts and a business plan in respect of a new business venture.
setting up the business will cost several hundred thousands of pounds, for some of which he requires secured bank borrowings.
He is fairly wealthy and not a "dreamer", having been in business before.
Basically he wants a fair bit of input into his business plan, and hand holding in approaching different banks for his new venture to get the best deal on the table.
I got on pretty well with him, and felt I had established some rapport.
After a fair bit of time probing his exact requirements I concluded it would take quite a few hours, so quoted £1,950 for this work. I thought this might be on the tight side, but balanced this against a new client aquisition.
However, when I phoned him to follow up, he said he had another quote for the same work of £350+VAT and would be going with that!!
No way could I have done what is required for that fee. Am I out of synch with other peoples views on this.
- problems getting through to the ACCA technical helpline 137 3
- Benefit in kind calc, s.106 ITEPA 123 3
- error on companies house accounts 176 5
- ACCA Accountants Report 128 1
- Sole trader startup losses and PAYE income in same year 197 5
- Newly Started Practice 248 6
- Commission on holiday accrual 85 1
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 164 2
- HMRC computer behind the times 215 3
- Who's going to the next Tick & Bash? 356 6
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 250 6
- Overtime etc for PT employees 179 2
- Generic Notification Notices 137 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 455 5
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 120 1
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 442 5
- RTI lost some data on laptop packing up!! 103 1
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 251 4
- Does This Company Need To File A Tax Return 152 1
- fraud 425 1
- QROP pension input amounts 477
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 444
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 422
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 270
- EPS and CIS deductions 262
- Construction CIS LLP Company 248
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 215
- SAGE winforecast 181
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 173
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 166