How much would you charge for a business plan?
A new prospect approached me to assist with preparation of multi year financial forecasts and a business plan in respect of a new business venture.
setting up the business will cost several hundred thousands of pounds, for some of which he requires secured bank borrowings.
He is fairly wealthy and not a "dreamer", having been in business before.
Basically he wants a fair bit of input into his business plan, and hand holding in approaching different banks for his new venture to get the best deal on the table.
I got on pretty well with him, and felt I had established some rapport.
After a fair bit of time probing his exact requirements I concluded it would take quite a few hours, so quoted £1,950 for this work. I thought this might be on the tight side, but balanced this against a new client aquisition.
However, when I phoned him to follow up, he said he had another quote for the same work of £350+VAT and would be going with that!!
No way could I have done what is required for that fee. Am I out of synch with other peoples views on this.
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 177 2
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 179 5
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 590 15
- When to top-up pensions? 131 2
- Support / ticketing software 316 11
- Withdrawal of a quote 320 6
- Are Tax Agents designed out of online systems? 307 3
- Imported goods and VAT 117 1
- Annual Return for company for whom director/shareholder has died 428 15
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 578 11
- Stamp Duty 159 3
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,845 22
- Company Number 10000000 976 13
- Online accounting provider for multicompany with turnover £10m 361 5
- CGT on lost shares/scam 215 3
- Anyone else getting these HMRC letters? 458 3
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,828 29
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 444 9
- Where to follow court cases/rulings 224 3
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 336 5
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 795
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 464
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 284
- DTA tie-breaker issue 279
- CGT for NOn UK residents 241
- Apprenticeship Levy 216
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 213
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 208
- Just checking re PSA 194
- Capital Gains personal representatives 187