How much would you charge for a business plan?
A new prospect approached me to assist with preparation of multi year financial forecasts and a business plan in respect of a new business venture.
setting up the business will cost several hundred thousands of pounds, for some of which he requires secured bank borrowings.
He is fairly wealthy and not a "dreamer", having been in business before.
Basically he wants a fair bit of input into his business plan, and hand holding in approaching different banks for his new venture to get the best deal on the table.
I got on pretty well with him, and felt I had established some rapport.
After a fair bit of time probing his exact requirements I concluded it would take quite a few hours, so quoted £1,950 for this work. I thought this might be on the tight side, but balanced this against a new client aquisition.
However, when I phoned him to follow up, he said he had another quote for the same work of £350+VAT and would be going with that!!
No way could I have done what is required for that fee. Am I out of synch with other peoples views on this.
- Anyone else still working this week? 429 14
- When to provide S419 tax in the accounts 89 4
- Sole Trader change of accounting date 109 1
- How much does the company pay 774 33
- Proof of identification 61 1
- Which tax returns can I submit? 91 1
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 289 5
- Using home as clients registered address 191 4
- Childcare vouchers 362 8
- Is this a qualifying loan for interest deductions? 75 2
- New Enterprise Allowance 74 1
- VAT Notice 700/64 - claiming VAT on motor repairs 61 1
- two business from one premises 180 3
- VAT transfer on going concern on incorporation 49 1
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 240 4
- HMRC property income enquiry 416 9
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 353 4
- Merry Christmas 132 2
- THEATRE SHOW - HIRE - VAT PAYABLE ON TICKET SALES 91 3
- New Incorporations - ERTNAC hoax - anyone else seen this? 1,104 12
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 507
- corporate hierarchy 472
- Advice - 326
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 275
- WWOOFers 265
- The booking.com con 248
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 246
- Cocaine anyone? 232
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 221
- UK State pension paid in NZ 177