How much would you charge for a business plan?
A new prospect approached me to assist with preparation of multi year financial forecasts and a business plan in respect of a new business venture.
setting up the business will cost several hundred thousands of pounds, for some of which he requires secured bank borrowings.
He is fairly wealthy and not a "dreamer", having been in business before.
Basically he wants a fair bit of input into his business plan, and hand holding in approaching different banks for his new venture to get the best deal on the table.
I got on pretty well with him, and felt I had established some rapport.
After a fair bit of time probing his exact requirements I concluded it would take quite a few hours, so quoted £1,950 for this work. I thought this might be on the tight side, but balanced this against a new client aquisition.
However, when I phoned him to follow up, he said he had another quote for the same work of £350+VAT and would be going with that!!
No way could I have done what is required for that fee. Am I out of synch with other peoples views on this.
- Are there any auto-enrolment engagement letter templates? 1,240 28
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 1,211 13
- Past rental expenses 218 3
- Self-employed 369 11
- Accountant let me down 177 2
- IHT400 or IHT205 - disagree with solicitor 239 2
- Professional Clearance 239 5
- What do do about VAT? 629 16
- Online Back Up 157 4
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 495 9
- Allowable for Corporation Tax? 539 12
- HMRC Debt collectors 935 5
- A rant - Debt Management units vs PAYE office response times 294 2
- Personal Service Company and Isle of Man 187 1
- Microsoft One Drive 539 18
- VAT commercial property TOGC 134 2
- Audacity 1,474 24
- minority interest discount 227 6
- Seeking advice: Need some help with Company Accounts 669 9
- Not a question but made my day 1,313 24
- NHS finance professionals 618
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 398
- Foreign Pension Contribution 367
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 339
- vat gross profit percentage margins 338
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 316
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 284
- Quickbooks online filing of VAT 283
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 240
- IFA income recognition & reporting 203