How much would you charge for a business plan?
A new prospect approached me to assist with preparation of multi year financial forecasts and a business plan in respect of a new business venture.
setting up the business will cost several hundred thousands of pounds, for some of which he requires secured bank borrowings.
He is fairly wealthy and not a "dreamer", having been in business before.
Basically he wants a fair bit of input into his business plan, and hand holding in approaching different banks for his new venture to get the best deal on the table.
I got on pretty well with him, and felt I had established some rapport.
After a fair bit of time probing his exact requirements I concluded it would take quite a few hours, so quoted £1,950 for this work. I thought this might be on the tight side, but balanced this against a new client aquisition.
However, when I phoned him to follow up, he said he had another quote for the same work of £350+VAT and would be going with that!!
No way could I have done what is required for that fee. Am I out of synch with other peoples views on this.
- help needed with rti paye please 82 3
- Cash injection by shareholder 814 9
- Director selling assets to the company that were given to her 384 11
- Any Scottish members out there? 13,574 503
- Can't read my handwriting 782 19
- Undeclared rental income 376 7
- Home Use Costs in Company Accounts ? 306 7
- Sick pay 226 6
- Directors self assessment 130 2
- Employer's Helpline 209 1
- Employment Allowance Incorrectly Claimed for Domestic Payroll 101 2
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 186 1
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,752 70
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 1,085 8
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 952 27
- Penalties for an amended p35 (2012/13) 130 2
- 2 sole traders merging to become a limited company what do they need? 306 10
- Unfurnished Lettings Expenditure 251 6
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 445 20
- cross border vat 153 3
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,410
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 539
- National Insurance 438
- Non Resident 328
- Hands on experience of Digita 258
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 246
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 164
- Umbrella pay services 143
- VAT on ESS via Apple, Google, Nokia - 122
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 121